• Published 6th Jul 2017
  • 1,970 Views, 18 Comments

Pinkie 'swaddle' Pie - Yosh-E-O



Pinkie 'Responsibility' Pie is hired to help foal sit for a new family in Ponyville. Who she meets and what she sees teaches her a valuable lesson about the feelings of others.

  • ...
6
 18
 1,970

Chapter 5 - Spoiling Everything

Swaddle Puff resisted more-and-more with each step beyond the stroller Pinkie seemed to have forgotten about.
“No walkies!” she whined. “No go! No go!”

Pinkiesnapped out of her jovial trotting when Swaddle just plopped herself down on the road and started to tantrum.

“Okay!” caved Pinkie. “Stroller it is.”

Swaddle became less fussy but still shook her head defiantly.
“No go through Ponyville!” she demanded. “Go round! Less busy!”

Pinkie helped load Swaddle back into the stroller.
“But that would make Auntie Pinkie late for her job,” she said. “And other ponies count on Auntie Pinkie for tasty treats and amazing feats.”

Swaddle pulled the blanket over herself as much as was possible while scooting herself as deeply as could be done into the stroller.
“Alright!” cheered Pinkie. “Through town to see everyone!”

***

Downtown Ponyville was filled with life as the city streets were filled with mares, stallions, fillies, and colts going about their business. Some were just getting off of work while others were just starting, foals played in spots they found open enough to do so, and a stores were filling fast with patrons.

“Hi every pony!” greeted Pinkie naively as she noticed a growing number of townsfolk staring at her as she strolled Swaddle Puff through town. The street before her parted like a zipper as more eyes fixated on them. Even some Pegasi chose to hover over Pinkie and her charge to take in the scene unfolding before them.

“Must be a publicity stunt for Sugar Cube Corner,” an earth Pony stated audibly.

“Can she get any weirder?” a mother wondered in an irritated tone while covering her foal’s eyes from the spectacle.

“I wonder what’s in the stroller?” asked a hovering Pegasus.

“Why not come see, silly!” called Pinkie.

The Pegasus blushed as he realized he had been heard.
“Sha-sure,” he replied while flying downward.

***

It wasn’t long until a growing crowd had gathered around Pinkie and the stroller.
“Is that a big baby pony inside?” asked a curious filly.

Noticing the flock of ponies around Pinkie grabbed the attention of Spoiled Rich and Diamond Tiara. They were on the way to see Filthy Rich at Barnyard Bargains and wanted to know what the fuss was all about.

“That unwashed mess of a pony never fails to draw attention that is rightfully ours for the taking,” grumbled Spoiled.

Diamond Tiara was less worried about ‘standing out’ and ‘rich pony standards’. She just wanted in on what would be the town gossip.

“I say!” cried Spoiled. “What do we have here!”

Swaddle Puff was as hidden as she could be as Pinkie ran forward to greet the Rich family.
“Just doing some foal sitting,” replied Pinkie with a smile.

“That must be some foal,” pursued Spoiled in a smug tone. “Might we all see the little dear who deserves such an extravagant stroller?”

Fear swept over Swaddle Puff as Pinkie’s head popped into the stroller and said, “Get ready to say hello to every pony!”

Swaddle tried to ball herself up as Pinkie gently lowered the blanket. The ‘foal’ tried to keep Pinkie from removing the blanket but Ms. Pie somehow managed to do it without her efforts having any effect.

“Oh!” gasped the townsfolk as a full grown pony appeared to be inside the stroller.

“What is the meaning of this?” growled Spoiled.

“Mother,” whispered Diamond. “I think we should just, uh, head back to the store.”

“Nonsense!” boomed Spoiled. “What pony in their right mind would allow themselves to be humiliated like this in the name of a poorly derived publicity stunt?”

“This isn’t a publicity stunt,” replied Pinkie. “she just needs watched and I’m on my way to work.”

“Right…,” trailed Spoiled as she walked up and started to poke at the blushing ‘foal’ inside. “Fess up! This is just an act and a bad one at that!”

Swaddle Puff said nothing while trying to bat away Spoiled Rich’s advances.

“Mom,” asked Diamond with a hint of embarrassment. “Is this really necessary?”

The smug mare didn’t listen to her daughter. She just continued to press the ‘foal’ inside the buggy.
“Where did that unkempt, filly-minded Pie girl find you?” she pressed. “Perhaps under a park bench begging for bits and desperate enough to play foal for her to appease her childlike whims?”

Swaddle’s eyes grew a look of anger as she suddenly leapt out of the stroller and glared down Spoiled Rich.
“I’ll have you know that I make quite the honest living working in finance for a business that brings in more bits than your hoity-toity Barnyard Bargains!” she snarled with the voice of a stallion. “It’s ponies like you who make it so ponies like me can’t be ourselves in public! You want all the attention to yourself and act all high-and-mighty to make up for how you feel someone just might steal the spotlight from you for a single moment!”

Jaws dropped as the ‘foal’ had turned out to not be a foal at all. He was a full grown, fully functional stallion!

“And another thing!” proclaimed Swaddle Puff while tearing off the bonnet, dress, underwear, and diaper he was wearing. “It’s ponies like you who are ‘unwashed’ for how disgusting your behavior towards others are! Totally disgusting! One can only hope your daughter doesn’t grow up to be anything like you, Spoiled Milk!”

Mrs. Rich stumbled back a bit upon being called by her maiden name.

“That’s right!” Swaddle Puff snapped wwhile adjusting his mane. “Who do you think did all your taxes this past year? Who do you think has helped Filthy with his investments to keep you all pampered in that fancy mansion of yours? Me!”

The town’s ponies were all speechless.

“You’re so caught up in yourself that you don’t even recognize me when I’m a so-called ‘normal pony’,” he stated. “Does the name Shining Ash ring any bells for you?”

Spoiled’s eyes grew like saucers.

“Thought so,” growled Shining Ash as he poked at the insulting mare. “I’ll now go where you and every other pony seem to only care about me,”

Shining darted out of Ponyville while not paying a single ounce of attention to the ponies who continued to stare with disbelief at him.

Spoiled Rich soon noticed the ponies of Ponyville looking to her for answers.
“Time to go, Diamond Tiara,” she said while backing up.

“A little late, mother,” growled diamond under her breath. “Way to show our position of ‘Rich Ponies’.”

Pinkie seemed to squeak as she realized she needed to make a getaway herself. So she collected all of the discarded clothing, threw it in the stroller, and galloped off towards the safety of Sugar Cube Corner.