• Published 31st May 2017
  • 2,961 Views, 151 Comments

The True Me - lightningman



How will a teenage superhero react when he is dropped into the one place he figured he would have no work to do? and how will he react when he falls in love with someone from that world. Join him in this adventure of love, and confusion

  • ...
41
 151
 2,961

PreviousChapters
Chapter 59 - Magical Mystery

I sigh as i slowly get up and rub my eyes. I look over at my flank and sigh. Nope, still no cutie mark. it's been like that my entire life. I've been outcasted by pony society because i was essentially a cripple. I not only had no magic, like at all. But i had no cutie mark to back up the reason why i had no magic. I didn't have any earth pony magic even though that was what i was. I had no pegasus magic or wings. and i didn't have any unicorn magic or horn. I've checked for both multiple times to see if they were jsut extremely underdeveloped and hiding just on the surface of my body. But there was nothing there. I slowly go and open a window. I sigh as i hear twilight starting up a heartsong. that was another thing that sucked about being me. Heartsongs disintegrated around me. Sure, I've tried to join them, but they always stop as soon as i try to sing a few lines.

I sigh as i slowly go to the mirror and try to make myself presentable. I comb my lightning yellow mane and brush the dust off my Navy blue coat before grabbing my wallet and heading into town to pick up my usual foodstuffs. As i walk into town i see everypony start to avoid me and glare at me. I sigh. If only we head a better seamstress other than applejack. then maybe I'd be able to get some clothes to cover myself up and live somewhere else. But Ponyville has been my home for as long as i can remember. I yelp as i get zapped by a thundercloud. I turn and frown at rarity. She just shrugs before turning back to the clouds. not even apologizing. i sigh, what did i expect? An apology? she's just like everyone else that hates me for my abnormality.

after paying for my bits I hear another heartsong on the wind. It sounded like applejacks voice. I sigh and head back to my home and crash onto my sofa. Thinking about what I'll do for the rest of the day.

Soon though i get up and get some water out my ear. I could've sworn i heard my name being called. Then a knock on the door.

"Damyon! Get up! we have an issue!" I hear twilight calling me. I frown and open the door. She yelps and leaps back from me. "Who are you?"

"I'm Damyon. What do you want twilight? I know you don't like me, nopony does."

"I.. you got affected by what the rest of them got hit by too? what's your cutie mark?" This time i glare openly.

"I see now. Your here to mock me For being a "Blank flank." Well shove off, im not in the mood for more of this garbage, you know i've tried everything to get it. it's not my fault i'm a magical cripple." I slam the door in her face. I sigh as i go to my kitchen and begin to prepare my food. Eventually i hear a sad heartsong being played through the open window. Twilight's voice again. I didn't care so i simply shut the window and focused. I sigh as i burn the food. again. i sucked at dealing with hay and veggies and things like that.

I yelp as the door is slammed open by twilight with her crown on her head and spike with a chest on his back.

"Damyon, Please listen to me before you do anything. Things aren't supposed to be like this. Your not supposed to be a pony."

"Tell me something i don't know." I scoff.

"LISTEN TO ME! Your supposed to be a human, the prince of equestria, the ambassadors of Humans here in equestria and one of my best friends. Please. Before you do make any rash decisions, Follow me. I need your help with fluttershy." my frown lessened slightly at hearing fluttershy's name. She sometimes came around for tea and tried to cheer me up with laughter and things like that. I have no idea how such a shy pony could have gotten a cutie mark for parties.

"...fine. I'll follow, but don't expect anything out of me." I say as twilight jumps and claps her hooves together.

"Then come on. There's no time to loose." She says as we all run to find fluttershy, eventually we find her just outside the balloon that goes to cloudsdale.

"Fluttershy! Wait!" Twilight cries out to her. She turns around.

"Oh hey Twilight. Why's Damyon with you?" She asks quietly.

"Nevermind that, what are you doing?"

"I'm moving back to Cloudsdale. I don't know what's wrong, but I can't seem to make anypony laugh." She sighs as she blows a whoopie cushion in our faces.

"Before you go, I was wondering if you might be willing to help Rainbow Dash. She's really struggling with her animals."

"But... I don't really know anything about animals..." Fluttershy says as she hides behind her hair.

" But you do know something about Rainbow Dash." Twilight says as i interrupt.

"Like how she's an annoying bragging piece of..." Twilight covers my muzzle.

"That's enough out of you for now. So fluttershy?"

" I... know that she's a true friend, and I'll do anything I can to help her." She nods as we all head over to Rainbow Dash's cottage. When we get there we hear a loud thunk hit the door and i mutter.

"Please let that have been rainbow dash, please let that have been rainbow dash." Twilight opens the door and i begin laughing. all the animals had her tied up in a cauldron with utensils in their hands.

"HA! This is the best entertainment i've seen all month!"

"Hurry, Twilight! Can't you do some sort of spell to get her out?" Fluttershy asks

" No. Fluttershy, you're the only one who can help! Rainbow Dash needs you!" Twilight says as she points at fluttershy. I sigh as i sit down and watch the carnage unfold. but suddenly i see fluttershy move closer and begin speaking.

"Um... Hello? Little... woodland creatures? I know that you're all very upset and feel like giving Rainbow Dash a hard time, but we'd all really appreciate it if you'd calm down and, um, maybe... rest for a bit? Oh! Uh... look! Here's some nice, juicy leaves for you to munch on. And some crunchy, munchy acorns too. Uh, wouldn't you like to take a break and have a little snack?" She says as she hands out snacks to all of the critters. She slowly smiles and speaks again. "Aww, look at that. I guess you were all just cranky because you were hungry. Oh, you are very welcome, little friends." The bear picks her up and kisses her cheek, cradling her gently. "Goodness, it's like I can understand them! I... I feel strange, like... like this is what I'm meant to do, like this is who I am! My destiny!" Fluttershy says happily as she begins glowing brightly flapping in the air.

Suddenly a golden necklace hits her that i recognize as meaning to be rainbow dash's necklace. I cover my eyes as the glowing grows brighter and suddenly stops. I look and quickly run to fluttershy.

"Fluttershy! are you ok?" I ask quickly and help her up.

"Wha... what happened?" She asks and looks at me confused about who i was. What?

" Fluttershy, look! Your cutie mark!" I blink as i hear twilight speak and look over at fluttershy's flank. I yelp and scramble backwards in shock. It was an exact copy of Rainbow Dash's mark.

"It worked! It worked! Oh, I'm so happy you're back to normal! Now we need your help!" Twilight says as she looks at fluttershy and begins to sing. I brace myself for the heartsong to taper off and die off. But it didn't it continued.

A true, true friend helps a friend in need
A friend will be there to help them see
A true, true friend helps a friend in need
To see the light that shines from a true, true friend

"Uh, Hello? Friend trapped inside remember?" I frown at rainbow dash as she interrupted a beautiful moment of peace. But fluttershy puts her hoof on my shoulder and i sigh. I go over and help her get untied.

Rarity needs your help
She's trying hard, doing what she can
Would you try, just give it a chance
You might find that you'll start to understand
A true, true friend helps a friend in need
A friend will be there to help you see
A true, true friend helps a friend in need
To see the light that shines from a true, true friend

I watch in awe as rainbow dash clears away the skies and the same necklace that supposed to belong to rarity hits her neck and the same thing that happened to fluttershy happens to her.
"Uh, what just happened?" Rainbow asks as she looks at us all. "Why is Damyon a pony?"
"There's no time to explain, but we need your help. Applejack's trying to make dresses!"
"Say no more!" Rainbow dash says with a confident smile as all three turn to rarity.

Applejack needs your help
She's trying hard, doing what she can
Would you try, just give it a chance
You might find that you'll start to understand
A true, true friend helps a friend in need
A friend will be there to help them see
A true, true friend helps a friend in need
To see the light that shines from a true, true friend

I gulp and grit my teeth in frustration. What was going on! Multiple ponies were chaning their own cutie marks in front of my eyes when i was never even able to get one! Where was the justice in that! I scream in my head as Rarity gets her cutie mark changed to diamonds.
"Oh my, what a terrible dream I had. Or, maybe I'm still having it." She says as she gestures to me and applejack's dress.
"Rarity, Pinkie Pie is about to lose the apple farm. We need Applejack's help!"
"Lose the apple farm? Well we can't let that happen, now can we?"

Pinkie Pie is in trouble
We need to get there by her side
We can try to do what we can now
For together we can be her guide
A true, true friend helps a friend in need
A friend will be there to help them see
A true, true friend helps a friend in need
To see the light that shines from a true, true friend

"Yee-haw! Now that's more like it! What's next?" Applejack cries out as she looks at me. "Are we fixing Damyon back into a human?"
"not yet. The townspeople are furious. We need the old Pinkie Pie back."
"I'm on it. I know just the thing." She says as she puts pinkie on her back.

The townspeople need you
They've been sad for a while
They march around, face a-frown
And never seem to smile
And if you feel like helpin'
We'd appreciate a lot
If you'd get up there and spread some cheer
From here to Canterlot

"Come on ponies, I wanna see you SMILE!" Pinkie cires out as She begins to Make everyone cheer and laugh. Everyone begins to sing even louder. the whole town joining in.

A true, true friend helps a friend in need
A friend will be there to help them see
A true, true friend helps a friend in need
To see the light that shines from a true, true friend.

Soon though they turn to me. I stare at all of them.
"How.. How is this possible? You've all gotten new cutie marks and i've never been able to get one!"
"That's because you were never meant to have a cutie mark." Twilight says as she comes closer and gives me a hug. "Your supposed to be a human, a lovable, powerful, human that's our best friend."

"Oh we all know your in trouble
But remember we will always be at your side.
And we know that if we falter
That you in turn shall be our guide."

The girls begin to sing and hug me tight. I squeeze my eyes closed as i feel a pounding in my head. As if all the magic in the world was fighting to burst out from within me, but i know i didn't have magic.. right?

"Damyon needs our help." Fluttershy sings to the townspeople
"He's always done his best, to do what he can." Rainbow Dash sings as well continuing on.
"Would you please, just give him a chance." Rarity sings as she kneels slightly to them.
"Ya'll might find that you'll start to understand." Applejack sings as she puts her cowboy hat to her chest.

Soon i scream in pain as all my magic burst out from me. I feel my bones breaking, scars forming along my body. my very memories changing. I slowly collapse to the ground completely nude. I remember now. Everything that Twilight said was true. I was never meant to have a cutie mark. Because I was perfect without one already. I look up at everyone, tears forming in my eyes. i slowly get up, not caring i was nude. I grab all the girls and hug them tightly to my chest. I couldn't help it. The magic was so strong in the air that i succumbed to the heartsong as well.

"A true true friend helps a friend in need.
I'm so so glad you came and helped me see.
You true true friends helped a friend in need
To see the light! (To see the light!)
That shines! (That shines!)
From you as my true true friends!" I cry out in verse as a burst of magic echoes out from me and surrounds all of us. As the magic slowly dies down, we float down to the ground, the magic settles around me back into my normal clothes. But i couldn't give two shits about that. i was too busy happily hugging my friends. Soon Twilight gasps.

"That's it!" She yells as we all follow her back to her library.

"I.. I remember this!" I smile. "This is where..." I zip my mouth shut as Twilight begins to write down in her notebook. I go over and read over her shoulder as she writes.

"From all of us together, together we're friends. With the marks of our destinies made one, there is magic without end!" She says as everyone begins to cheer, suddenly the elements of harmony glow. I begin to move when i hit my head and realize something. I was already trapped inside with twilight.

"Oh no..." I say in slight horror. The elements hit both me and twilight. And i yell in slight pain as i feel myself being transported through time and space. I watch as I hit the ground And looks to see myself jumping into the portal to equestria. I blink in shock as i get up.

"Holy shit...."

Author's Note:

So that's it. That's the official canon ending of The True Me

PreviousChapters
Comments ( 1 )

IDK how I like or dislike The story The true me it gallows the story but it is all over the place with everything else and wean a human talks it is like that are not thear wean the mane story is in play even wean thay speak up and 4 me 2 many random human drops in but that's me

Login or register to comment