• Published 31st May 2017
  • 2,960 Views, 151 Comments

The True Me - lightningman



How will a teenage superhero react when he is dropped into the one place he figured he would have no work to do? and how will he react when he falls in love with someone from that world. Join him in this adventure of love, and confusion

  • ...
41
 151
 2,960

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 14 - Family

I smiled as I pulled the wand down. I thought, "This is awesome." Suddenly I felt like something was trying to enter my mind, But somehow, I knew it was friendly so I let it in.

"Um... Hello?" It was a Girl's voice, It seemed smart, yet elegant. Funny, yet down to earth. Shy, yet proud. But it also had a bit of a Tomboy feel from it. Like it was crossing between girl and guy. I instantly knew who it was. I stared at the Harmonic Wand in amazement. And then I thought.

"Hi." The voice almost seemed to stop in its tracks in my mind.

"Who are you?" It asked, It seemed scared but prepared to defend itself.

"I'm one of your creators." I smiled. "Hold on, let me do something." I look up at the girls. "Girls, the Harmonic Wand is talking to me inside of my mind. Twilight, can you do a mind link between all of us?"

"Oh, um... Sure." She cast a spell and suddenly I had 7 people, Not including myself, in my mind. I sat down and closed my eyes, imagining myself being cast into my own mind. I opened my eyes and saw 7 other ponies, only one of them I didn't recognize, She had Rainbow hair, with purple in the very center. Her coat was white at the end, pink after that, then orange, then cyan, then purple, then finally yellow. She had wings and a horn. The horn was Navy blue, While the wings were Lightning yellow. I looked at myself, I was my normal self, without my mask. The other ponies were just the mane 6, and they were all staring at the new girl in amazement. She backed away from them as if afraid they were judging her. I smile.

"Hey, you don't have to worry, We are the ones that created you." She turned around at the voice and saw me. Her eyes widened at my abnormal appearance. But she knew I was friendly, I was her dad. She trotted fast up to me and jumped at me happily. I got knocked onto my back as she hugged me.

"I'm happy to see you too. But since you're a pony right now, We can't really keep calling you Harmonic Wand, can we?" She nodded at that and seemed to be thinking about a name. She then smiled.

"How about Faust?" She said and the girl's eyes widened at her voice. It was all of theirs.

"Mmm... Nah, Faust is the creator of Harmony, plus Lauren Faust is the creator of MLP. How about Sam?"

"OK!" She was hopping like Pinkie Pie. Just then I noticed her cutie mark. It was the elements of Harmony, But it had a seventh, right above the rest. It was White.

"What's that?" I thought. Amazingly, since we were in my mind, it didn't sound out around the room. Just then Sam looked at the other ponies, she looked at herself and then them again. She burst into a bright smile and hugged them all, using pinkie pie's signature arm move to pull them all in. It was an embrace like I've rarely seen before and been so long since I have ever felt one, It was the hug of family. Just then Sam looked at me and brought me into the hug as well.

"You're my parents! You're my family!" She said happily. The girl's expressions softened and they returned the hug enthusiastically. I smiled and hugged them all.

"I guess that means we are family from now on. Just because of a combined effort we made. Just goes to show how much ponies and people can do when they put their minds to it. Speaking of which." I turn to Sam "It's just about time for us to get out of here. I'm getting a headache."

"Oh, alright daddy." she smiled and i felt warm in the heart. But this time the temperature noticeably increased
in the room. I closed my eyes and my mind purges everyone back to where they were originally supposed to be. i then open my eyes and look at the Harmonic Wand. I could still feel something coming from it. Actually feelings.

"Ok. Now i have questions!" asked Twilight as she looked and trotted up to me. "Did we just create a living being?"

"Technically yes, and technically no. A living being has to have one thing in common. They always respond to something alone. Whereas, if i left Sam alone, then she wouldn't be able to do anything. Someone always has to do something for her in the physical world."

"Wait, what do you mean physical world?" She asked as she raised an eyebrow.

"We created a living being in the MENTAL world, whereas we just created a powerful object in the Physical world. You see, according to Harry Potter, there must always be some connection between wand and wizard. In fact, there's a saying in that world. The wand chooses the wizard. And from what I saw, Sam would be glad to be any of our wands since we created her. But since you six don't know how to work wands, then i'll be working with her." I say as i look around at the others and they nodded.

"There's more, You see, a wizard can channel magic through almost any instrument, like your horns or hooves or wings. But for humans, the best results must always come from where there is the strongest affinity between wizard and wand. The connections are complex, as you just witnessed, but there must always be an initial attraction, like being family for instance, and then a mutual quest for experience. The wand learning from the wizard, the wizard learning from the wand." I then remembered something that I don't think they might like to hear, but it would be necassary to tell them. Just in case.

"And usually, if a wand is taken from another wizard, the wand will bend it's will for the new master. This is true for almost all wands."

"What do you mean almost?" asked Rainbow Dash.

"There's one legendary wand, called the Elder Wand, that to take full possession of it and get it's incredible power, you need to usually kill the previous owner. There was one exception for it though. When Harry had disarmed the last master of the elder wand, Draco malfoy and took his wand. That was the only exception as far as i know." I bring the wand up. "Let's just hope that we didn't create a wand that was like that."

"Well how was the Elder Wand created?"

"Let me tell you the whole story." I take a deep breath and i begin to tell the tale of the Deathly Hallows.

"There were once three brothers who were travelling along a lonely winding road at twilight, In time the brothers reached a river too deep to wade through and too dangerous to swim across. However, these brothers were learned in the magical arts, and they simply waved their wands and made a bridge appear across the treacherous water. They were halfway across when they found their path blocked by a hooded figure.

"And Death spoke to them--"

"Wait, Death actually speaks to people in your world?" Asked Twilight.

"I'm not entirely sure." I shrug. "It could very well be a one time thing, now can i get back to the story?"

"Right sorry." She said and i took a breath and continued

"And Death spoke to them, He was angry that he had been cheated out of three new victims and possibly more to come, for travelers usually drowned in the river. But Death was cunning. He pretended to congratulate the three brothers upon their magic, and said that each had earned a prize for having been clever enough to evade him."

"Wait.. you get prizes for just being clever?" asked Rainbow Dash

"Oh, yeah their are a couple game shows where you need to clever to win. So can i please continue?"

"Right. Continue." I roll my eyes and continue.

"So the oldest brother , who was a combative man, asked for a wand more powerful than any in existance, a wand that must always win duels for it's owner, a wand worthy of a wizard that had conquered Death. So Death crossed to an elder tree on the banks of a river, fashioned a wand from it's branch that hung there and gave it to the oldest brother." i look up at the girls. "That is the Elder wand."

"but wait. You said there were three brothers. What prizes did the other two get, and what happened to them?" Applejack asked.

"You really want to learn about them. It is not a very happy story." I looked around and they all nodded. I sigh and continued the story.

"Then the second brother, who was an arrogant man, decided that he wanted to humiliate Death still further, and asked for the power to recall others from Death. So Death picked up a stone from the riverbank and gave it to the second brother, and told him that the stone would have the power to bring back the dead." I paused and all the girls had their jaws on the floor.

"YOUR WORLD CREATED SOMETHING THAT CAN BRING BACK THE DEAD?" Yelled Twilight.

"Again, not entirely sure whether that's it's true in real life. But according to the book, they weren't really back. They were basically just ghosts who only appeared to the person who had used the stone, and they disappear when they drop it. Albus Dumbledore had hid it in a snitch so that Harry could find it."

"Whats a snitch and who's Albus Dumbledore? Ooh! Is he coming here to? I can throw a party for him!" asked Pinkie pie

"a snitch a a small golden ball that flies around during a quidditch match. I'm not telling the full details of a quidditch match. And Albus Dumbledore is the world's most legendary wizard, He is currently dead in the story series. Now the stone is called the Resurrection stone. So can i continue the story now?"

"Oh... Alright." Pinkie looked down when she heard Albus was dead.

"And Death asked the third and youngest brother what he would like. The youngest brother was the humblest and the wisest of the brothers. and he did not trust Death. So he asked for something that would enable him to go forth from that place without being followed by Death. And Death, most unwillingly, handed over his own cloak of invisibility."

"Death had a cloak of what now?" Applejack asked

"Invisibility. It would be so he could sneak up on people. But that cloak is the only True cloak of invisibility. It is not a normal cloak imbued with a disillusionment charm, or carrying a bedazzling hex or else woven from the fur of a creature called a demiguise, which will hide one initially but fade over the years until it turns opaque. That cloak renders the wearer truly and completely invisible and endures eternally, giving constant and impenetrable concealment, no matter what spells are cast at or on it. The rightful owner of the Invisibility cloak, is none other than Harry Potter."

"but wait. You just said that all of the Deathly hallows were Harry's. Does that mean he has all three right now?"

"Even if that story was real, no he wouldn't. He used the resurrection stone once, before dropping it in a forest and leaving it there forever. And the Elder wand, He left it with the previous owner's grave. Before Draco Malfoy i mean."

"And who was the previous owner?"

"Albus Dumbledore. Harry never wanted the Elder wand. He didn't want it to be used for evil anymore, so he hid it once again, where it was always supposed to remain. In albus's white marble tomb. But! He kept the invisibility cloak, because it was his originally throughout the entire series of books. ever since book one."

"OK. now what happened to the brothers?" Rarity asked and i nodded and continue with the story.

"Then Death stood aside and allowed the three brothers to continue on their way, and they did so, talking with wonder of the adventure they had had, and admiring Death's gifts."

"In due course the brothers separated , each for his own destination. The first brother traveled for a week or more, and reached a distant village, sought out a fellow wizard with which he had a quarrel. Naturally, with the Elder Wand as his weapon, he could not fail to win the duel that followed. Leaving his enemy dead upon the floor..." Fluttershy eeped and hid. "the oldest brother proceeded to an inn, where he boasted loudly of the powerful wand that he had snatched from Death himself, and of how it made him invincible. That very night another wizard crept upon the oldest brother as he lay, wine sodden, upon his bed. The thief took his wand and, for good measure, slit the oldest brother's throat." Fluttershy hid behind Rainbow Dash, who lowered a wing protectively around her, but was listening to the story with rapt attention. "And so Death took the first brother for his own."

"Meanwhile, the second brother journeyed to his own home, where he lived alone. Here he took out the stone that had the power to recall the dead, and turned it three times in his hand. To his amazement and delight, the figure of the girl he had once hoped to marry before her untimely death, appeared before him at once." I sigh and said. "Yet she was sad and cold, separated from him as though by a veil. though she had turned to the mortal world, she did not truly belong there and suffered. Finally, the second brother, driven mad with hopeless longing, killed himself so as to truly join her. And So Death took the second brother for his own." the girls at this point seemed scared of what would happen to the third brother, who had been smart and tricked Death.

"But Death searched for the third brother for many years, he was never able to find him. It was only when he had attained a great age that the youngest brother finally took off the cloak of invisibility and gave it to his son. And then he greeted Death as though he was an old friend, and went with him gladly, and equals, they departed this life."

"So wait, The third brother became equal to Death? Does that mean there are two deaths walking around?"

"I have no clue, the book doesn't specify on that. But the deathly hallows has a symbol." I took out a piece of paper and drew a symbol.

"The single line reperesents the elder wand. The circle represents the resurrection stone, and the triangle represents the invisibility cloak."

PreviousChapters Next