• Published 31st May 2017
  • 2,960 Views, 151 Comments

The True Me - lightningman



How will a teenage superhero react when he is dropped into the one place he figured he would have no work to do? and how will he react when he falls in love with someone from that world. Join him in this adventure of love, and confusion

  • ...
41
 151
 2,960

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 44 - Look before you sleep Part 3 (W...Why? Another one?)

“OK, that is so weird, being able to talk to your future self.”

“Yeah, I’m not even gonna get into the physics of that.” I sigh. “I already got a headache, I don’t need it to explode.”

“So, whos ghost story is next?”

“Wasn’t it yours?

“OK, this is one a friend showed me once; a father is laying in bed after just waking up, he grabs the baby monitor and walks to his desk in his office at home, he has his baby on the baby monitor and hears his wife singing to her, he cracks a smile as he hears his wife “Go to sleep… go to sleep…” When suddenly the front door opens up and his wife comes in with groceries. I know it's not that scary or great of a ghost story.”

“...” I facepalm. “Let’s just continue on with the show.”

“Ghost story. Check.” Twilight had recovered and checked it. Applejack was trying to get Rarity to wake up.

“What’s next?”

“S’mores!”
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------A few minutes later----------------------------------------------------------------

“These S’mores actually ain't half bad, don't know why I expected them to be. Probably because of the universe I’m in, they do replace a lot of foods with flowers and junk.”

“Yeah.” My stomach finally growls. “You know what I just realized? I haven’t eaten anything for a few days.”

“Dude that's unhealthy, go ahead and pig out on the s’mores.”

“Thanks.” I do a two-fingered salute before I run and begin to devour.

“Just make sure to leave some for the rest of us.”

“It is quite unhealthy to eat that much junk food, regardless of how long ago you ate.”

“Mmm…. I don’t care. I’m hungry. Darkning doesn’t need food since his body is made out of magic, and Jasper hunts for his own food. I need to eat.”

“Whatever you say, man. OK, what's next Twi?”

“Truth or Dare.” She says and I look up.

“No.”

“Dude, don't be a (Beep), this'll be fun. Whos going first?”

“Who went first in the show, they should probably go first.”

“Good idea Karen.”

"I believe Applejack went. first." I try to remember when suddenly there's a loud noise from outside that obviously wasn't the storm

"That definitely wasn't the storm. Karen?"

"On it sir. There appears to be a human outside." Said, Karen, as the Warmachine armour flew to & formed around Thomas.

Outside, the rain poured down on a young man that seemed to be in his early twenties. His reddish-brown hair clung to his head and fell into his eyes as he began to stand to his feet, a portal closing behind him. His blue and white vest covered a red t-shirt, matching bracers adorning his forearms. His lower half was covered in slightly baggy, black cargo pants and combat boots. "(Beep)it no more- Did I just (bleep)ing beep?" He questioned, hazel eyes widening as he put a hand on his head.

I walked outside. "Seriously? I'm still dealing with Thomas. Why are you here?" I help him up. "Nevermind. Are you ok? Need healing or anything like that? Twilight's inside, She can help you out."

"Thanks, but I'm not hurt... this time," the redhead answered before his brow furrowed. "Wait, what do you mean, 'why am I here'? Didn't you activate my- our Token?"

"I'm not a displaced." I deadpan. "And Thomas never got any token. So you must have fallen through the weak barrier that is my world." I hold out my hand. "My name is lightningman. Human Ambassador to Equestria, and as of defeating Blueblood tomorrow, Prince of Equestria." I smile. I then point at Thomas over my shoulder. "And that's Thomas Quill, he got here the same way you did, He just decided to stick around to see me kick the (Beep.) out of Blueblood."

"You know our names-" Thomas was saying

"Ahem"

"And that's Karen, now as I was saying, you know our names, whats yours?"

The young man straightened up. "Samson Jaeger, Psycho Ranger." Immediately I put up my arms and charged them full of electricity when I heard the word "Psycho."

"You better explain that name before he electrocutes you," Thomas said through his armour with the slightest hint of a smile heard in his voice somehow.

"Yeah, I'm the more reasonable than my other half." I narrow my eyes. "He's more likely to kill you before hearing you out with that name."

Samson dropped into a fighting stance, blue-green and yellow electricity dancing over his body in kind. "Chill," he answered in a stern voice. "It's just the name of my powers. Nothing more, nothing less."

"your powers are named psycho? what do they do?" I lowered the voltage on my arms

"Psycho powers, your a Power Ranger Displaced aren't you? Only you got the powers of an evil ranger instead of a good one."

"You're pretty much right," Sam replied, pointing towards Thomas for a moment as he straightened up and cancelled out the multi-coloured electricity. "Only Chris was actually dressed as Psycho Yellow when we got displaced. As for what they do, there's a myriad of things. Elemental manipulation and magic, physical enhancements, weapon creation, flight, and all that's even before I have a chance to morph properly."

"Chris?" I ask. "Who's that?"

"That is an excellent question Lightningman, who is Chris?" Asked Karen

"Chris is-" Sam cut himself off as he started to turn and raise his hand only to stop. "...Not here." He turned back to face them, letting out a breath before he explained. "Chris suffered from multiple personality disorder back on Earth. I was the second personality. When he was sent to Equestria, the disorder evolved until..." He lifted his arms a bit. "Here I am...."

"So your a personality separate from the physical body you originated from?" I smile. "Darkning's gonna like you."

"Wanna come inside Samson?" Said Thomas pointing over his shoulder at the TreeBrary.

"Um, yeah, sure," he answered, a confused look flashing over his face at the name "Darkning". "It has to beat standing out here in the rain."

I open the door for you two to come inside. "we're on the 'look before you sleep' episode."

"Did you like this episode Samson? cuss I didn't."

The Ranger shook his head. "Not in particular," he answered. "Then again the whole 'brony' thing was Chris' gig. I just have a penchant for hitting stuff."

"yeah. Dark is definitely gonna like you." I smile as I take my mask off

"This is gonna be fun to explain," said Thomas as we walked into the TreeBrary and he stepped out of his suit.

"I kinda wish you guys would," Sam said as he entered behind them, a flash of red lightning travelling over his body and drying him of rain. "You guys keep mentioning this 'Darkning' guy and how much I'm gonna like him but I've got no idea what you mean."

"he's all of my anger and sadness manifested into a corporeal being. he's like you."

"Implying Samson is an emotion or emotions manifested into a physical being," Thomas said getting Twilight's attention during the pillow fight.

Sam stopped in the middle of the room. "He's... he's an emotional construct...?" He breathed hesitantly, his voice quieting at the information.

"yeah." I nod. "I'm surprised theres more like him."

"Well, since no one else is gonna do it... Samson, Twilight, Twilight, Samson."

The young man still responds for a few seconds as he looked at the purple unicorn. "...Sorry," he finally muttered, taking his gaze off her and looking at the floor. "Just...."

"whats wrong?" I asked a bit concerned. "you're my guest here. you can tell."

"It's just...," the redhead rubbed the back of his neck nervously before he let out a breath. "I never met my Twilight. The closest I've ever come is... well when she led an army to kill me and the rest of the surviving Equestrians...."

"ah. so your an alt universe." I nod. "let me guess. the myasma or whatever its called is somehow involved?"

"The Myasma?" Asked Thomas

"you know. that thing Luna created to be nightmare moon. its either miasma or myasma. one of those."

"Oh, that thing... I always just called it Nightmare."

"Actually, Nightmare Moon is my commanding officer," the ranger explained, with a small shrug. "In a roundabout sort of way, anyway. My Twilight went bad of her own free will."

"oh? huh." I stay silent for a second. "that's... kinda weird. but, you don't question alts." I shrug. I then pull out Sam and say. "Sam, could you make three beds for us?"

"I'd hold off on that, remember what the storm does later in the episode," Thomas suggested

"that's why I'm making it downstairs."

"Fair enough." He shrugged

"So," Sam said, setting himself down on the ground. "You mentioned something about becoming a prince of Equestria. What exactly did you mean by that?"

"I mean once I defeat BlueBlood. I take his place."

"Speaking of that, I know this guy named Nathan & he'd love to see you beat Blueblood. Is it OK if I summon him here?"

"fine." I roll my eyes. "might as well since we already have three."

"I'll summon him tomorrow... mainly because, he won't fit in the TreeBrary."

"ok." I look outside. " it's getting late." I put down my wand and there were three beds. "go ahead and pick one."

"Wow," Sam said, raising an eyebrow. "You guys are really on about beating Blueblood...."

"You where in Chris's head when he watched the show and read fanfictions... you must know why we hate Blueblood."

"yeah. he's one of the biggest (Beep.) holes in the show. and considering his involvement in it is minimal. I'm free to hurt him."

"He only had an important role in the season 1 finale if my memory is right."

"Sooo, because you don't like him," Sam started, his eyebrow dropping back down. "You're going to hurt him?"

"and because he treats rarity like crap. He's spoiled, and he doesn't deserve the title of prince. I'm not much better, but I would be better than him."

"Anyone would be better than him."

Samson was quiet for a few moments before he gave a little sigh. "I guess... I guess you're not wrong...," he said slowly and quietly, closing his eyes and leaning back a little. "Just... don't hurt him too badly, yeah?"

"no promises." I shrug. "I haven't gone full out ever in my life since I got these powers. this is my chance."

"Let me rephrase what Samson said; just don't kill him, Cuss then you'd be worse than him."

"Honestly, it doesn't look good either way," Samson iterated, keeping his eyes closed. "Is Blueblood a douchebag that needs to be taken down a peg? Probably. But at the same time, you're superhuman with extremely powerful abilities and he's... well, just an average unicorn."

"fine." I roll my eyes. "blue probably will want a deathmatch anyway."

"He probably will, but I don't think Celestia will be ok with that," Thomas said as Sam only frowned at what he heard and fell silent.

"anyway." I suddenly get an idea. "Thomas, tomorrow you want to fight?"

"My super advanced tech. Vs. Your lightning... sounds like fun."

"lightning, aura, and my cards." I correct

"Right... those too."

"Now that sounds like something to watch," Sam says in a low, calm voice as he cracks an eye open.

"Yeah. Maybe I can face you after I face him. IT would be a good test of my abilities." I smile and hop on the balls of my feet a bit excitedly.

"Your gonna be fighting 3 people tomorrow if you challenge him to... isn't that gonna be exhausting?"

I give him a deadpan look. "I've stayed conscious through at least 3 or 4 days of no food. And I was only beginning to feel the hunger when I ate those s'mores. So give me some credit for my stamina."

"That's... a very fair point."

The redhead gave a little chuckle. "Reminds me of Chris," he said. "But yeah sure, why not? It's actually been a while since I got my own hands dirty in a fight."

"alright. then rest and get ready for tomorrow." I jump onto one of the beds and instantly fell asleep.

"One does not simply fall asleep on demand," Thomas said as he looked at me.

Sam looked hesitantly at one of the beds before he got to his feet. "That's... discouraging...," he muttered at Thomas' comment as he crawled into the bed. He spent several moments staring up at the ceiling.

"So your really gonna fight him, even though you're a Psycho Ranger... I hope you realize your gonna kick his ass. Cuss if your anything like the Power Rangers Displaced fics I've read, you have the powers of all five Power Ranger, Psycho Rangers in this case, not just the one you were Displaced as."

Sam shrugged in his bed. "We won't know that until we fight," he said. "Who wins comes down to more than just powers. You have to consider armour, equipment, experience, hundreds of tiny variables that could change the flow of battle."

"I guess that's true." Said Thomas getting into the final bed. "We should at least try to get to bed, night Samson."

"G'night, all..." Samson muttered in response, still staring at the ceiling for a few more minutes before finally closing his eyes.

Author's Note:

This is also another crossover with Pyro Mance's story "Equestrian Psycho." Thanks to both of the authors that are doing a crossover with me.

PreviousChapters Next