• Published 31st May 2017
  • 2,961 Views, 151 Comments

The True Me - lightningman



How will a teenage superhero react when he is dropped into the one place he figured he would have no work to do? and how will he react when he falls in love with someone from that world. Join him in this adventure of love, and confusion

  • ...
41
 151
 2,961

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 18 - Helping Fluttershy

I soon got to the cottage. I could hear a few sniffles coming from inside. I then also noticed something else. The complete lack of movement on the outside of the cottage. The windows were open though. The animals must be inside trying to comfort Fluttershy. I couldn't help but feel guilty. But you had to admit, it wasn't entirely my fault right now. I never told her I didn't feel the same way. I just... Never had the chance, to be honest, to tell her that I liked her back. I couldn't think of any times when it would be a good time to tell her. I shook my head. I take off my mask. The dye was completely gone by now, it was completely gone and my hair was growing out again, the roots were brown. I swept my hair to the right to keep it out of my eyes as I knocked on the door.

"I-I'm sorry. But I-I don't want to talk to anypony right now." I heard Fluttershy's voice say.

"It's a good thing, I'm not a pony then," I reply. There were a gasp and silence on the other side of the door. I waited for a little bit, hearing a few whispers coming from behind the door, but I couldn't tell what she was saying. I heard the animals chattering to her, but since I couldn't understand them, that was a complete dead end to find out what she was saying. But soon enough the door opened. Only it wasn't Fluttershy opening the door, It was Harry the Bear. I looked up. He was frowning at me. He then tried saying something to me.

"I can't understand you, Harry." I then get a sudden idea. I grabbed sam out of my pocket. "Harry, I'm going to cast a translation spell on you alright? So I can understand you, and hopefully, the spell is permanent." He was hesitant for a moment. But then he decided it was better this way to communicate with ponies that with Fluttershy translating for him. He nodded.

"Ok." I take a deep breath, point the wand at Harry's head and said "Transferendum." I didn't lower the wand and asked. "Harry? Did it work?"

"Um... I don't know." Harry said in a deep, but gentle voice. "Can you understand me? I'm speaking how I normally speak." It was true, his mouth was moving in a way that was completely different than the way the words are normally spoken.

"Yeah, you're speaking English. or Equine. Whatever language it is." I shrug. "But what were you saying?"

"I was saying that Fluttershy's doesn't really want to speak to you. She is already hurting. She doesn't need you to make it even worse."

"Ok, let me clarify something. I never said anything about whether I like her romantically or not, I hadn't had the chance yet."

"Then why did you run when Fluttershy found out you saw her dream."

"I figured she would be angry and sad. And that is something I can't take. A bundle of cuteness that's pouting. Seriously, our species is not supposed to take that much cuteness in one sitting. That's the equivalent of a cubic acre of sugar right there, and it would give me a heart attack."

Harry looked at me like I was an idiot. Then again, I get that look a lot, so it could very well be how normal people look at each other. He then shook his head.

"Fine. You can come in and explain yourself to Fluttershy. But if she doesn't want to talk to you...."

"Then I'll leave. You have my word." I then mentally think "And that word us psych."

Harry moves aside and I walk inside. "Fluttershy? You in here? I came to say I'm sorry. I didn't mean to see that you had feelings for me. I just wanted to see how you were in the dream." I sigh. I then hear some movement from behind me. I move my head a bit to the left and Angel Bunny flies right over my shoulder. Before he hits the wall I whip out the Harmonic wand and say. "Wingardium Leviosa." And Angel Bunny stops. He floats and I put him on the ground. I then say "Transferendum." And Angel Bunny begins to talk to me

"WHO THE (Beep) ARE YOU TO TALK TO FLUTTERSHY! YOU HURT HER (BEEP)ING FEELINGS YOU FAT (Beep)ING SACK OF (BEEP)ING (BEEP)." I stood there in shock. Apparently, all of the others animals were in shock as well. The entire cottage was silent until Angel said. "What the (beep.) happened?" I couldn't help it. I burst out laughing my ass off. I was rolling on the floor clutching my sides. His voice was still squeaky, yet his tone was that of a man.

"Oh... Oh God, that was hilarious." I laugh. Angel bunny frowns more deeply.

"What are you talking about (Beep.)er?"

"I cast a spell on you. Now your talking Equine. Or English. You know what? (Beep.) it. I'm going to call it English. It's easier to remember." I cough and smile at the shocked Angel bunny.

"Angel? You were never that vulgar when you talked to me?" I heard a voice coming from the stairs. Fluttershy then walked down. Her face hidden behind her long pink mane. I smile through my mask.

"Hey, Fluttershy. And he probably was that at vulgar when talking to you. It's just your mind censoring out all of the swears."

"Oh.... That explains all the pauses when he talks to me, even though I can still see his mouth moving."

"Wait... ALL THIS TIME YOU COULDN'T HEAR ALL MY (Beep)ING SWEARS! THAT'S LIKE ALL I TALK! HOW COULD YOUR MIND....." He continued then on in chattering rabbit sounds. Smoke came out of my wand and Sam came out.

"I couldn't listen to that anymore. I made him talk in animal sounds again. I'll turn you back when you stop swearing that much." She frowns and leans close to the rabbit. The rabbit merely tried to kick her. But since she was smoke, his foot went through her.

"Alright then. I'm gone." She goes back into my wand.

"That was eventful. But yeah, I'm sorry Fluttershy. I didn't want to hurt your feelings." She stays silent for a second before looking up at me with tears in her eyes. She then jumps at me and hugs me.

"Thank you. And I hope we can still be friends."

"Um... Can I say something?" She looks up at me with a terrified look on her face. Like she expected me to say that i didn't want to be friends with her or something.

"W-What is it?"

"I never said anything about not wanting a romantic relationship with you." I smile brightly. She widens her eyes.

"Y-You mean....."

"Yep. I want to be in one with you." I lean in and kiss her. It was soft yet passionate. And she tasted better than anything I've tasted in my life.

"Yay..." She yelled.

PreviousChapters Next