• Published 31st May 2017
  • 2,958 Views, 151 Comments

The True Me - lightningman



How will a teenage superhero react when he is dropped into the one place he figured he would have no work to do? and how will he react when he falls in love with someone from that world. Join him in this adventure of love, and confusion

  • ...
41
 151
 2,958

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 27 - Uh oh.

Later that day, we had finally finished my house. I also had just enough time to make recreations of the cards that I gave to Flash so that I had them back again. I groan as I collapse into the second-floor bedroom. I stretch as the day was finally over. I mentally go over what I still had planned. There were about 3 more days until the Blueblood test and battle. I close my eyes and think about all of the powers I have right now. There were the cards, The harmonic wand, my aura, and lightning. And finally the knowledge of the future of Equestria. I was amazed that the powers so far didn't come with a price. Just as I was thinking about that a stab of pain went through my brain.

"OW!" I fall off my bed and land on the floor. Just then I feel a pressure in my mind.

"Dad? What's wrong?"

"I don't know. Sam, could you bring me into my mind? I think the pain originated from in there somehow."

"Alright." I could feel my consciousness leave me and enter my mind. I open my mental eyes and see Sam.

"What's going on Dad? It's different in here." I look around and it was true. It was much darker than it should have been. This couldn't be good at all. I look around for where it originated.

"Sam... Stay safe. Make defenses here. Make sure nothing gets in here." I say as a door materializes.

"What? Why?"

"This is the place where the body controls are. I don't know what's happening. But if something gets ahold of my body... Equestria could be doomed."

"A-Alright." She nods and I leave. I make sure I know where the door is as I close it behind me. I was in a large circular room. There were multiple doors, all of them leading to different portions of the brain. There were memories, school stuff, (geez I can't remember the name of the thing I was trying to name that. It was something like deductions or something, but that wasn't it.) There was also a powers section, and finally, the place that I had just left, body control. The darkness seemed to be seeping from the memory section. Now, this is usually kinda normal. This is what caused my mild depression sometimes in the real world. But this hadn't happened yet here in Equestria. It shouldn't be happening. I was in the place where I had always dreamed of being. I slowly open the door that had the darkness seeping from it like a cross between a liquid and a gas. It was light as gas but flowed like liquid. I keep the door open just in case.

"What's going on in here?" I look around and I see a chair in front of me. It had... something... in it. I got closer and I realized something. It was me. But it wasn't me at the same time. This me didn't have glasses, His hair was blond on the sides and brown on top. Whereas mine was the opposite, mine was blond on top and brown on the sides. His skin was exactly the same as mine, pale white. He had the exact same costume on him as I wore as lightningman. only the colors were switched with each other. Just like the hair.I slowly move to him. I tried to remember who he was. But it always ended on the memory of my old friend Brandon. I pulled up all the information about him as I could, eventually, I think I hit the jackpot on a particular piece of information. Brandon had two sides to him. Demon Destroyer and Demon King. That was something I kinda liked about him, but it could be annoying at times. He was either really good or really bad at times. He was either a great friend or a pain in the (beep.) But I had always thought myself as purely good. I had never thought I had a side of me like this. Then again, I could get really angry at times. I was dwelling on this and I didn't notice the other me stirring.
I was turning back to him when I felt something grab my throat. I gasped for air as I looked down at the other me grabbing me. He opened his eyes and I felt a stab of horror. They were black with red at the edges near the eyelashes. It was like oblivion and hell had a child and that it had been tortured for years just for being their kid. The other me looked at me... and smiled. This scared me more than anything. When it smiled, it was obvious that it wanted blood. It didn't make any hesitation to hide it. Then... it spoke.

"so... You finally decided to see me." The voice was cool as ice and it flowed over you like water. This was a being that could talk its way out of almost any situation. It could commit murder right in front of the princess, in cold blood, and it could convince her that it was necessary.

"W-what are you?" I manage to choke out as I attempted to pry his finger from my throat. But for some reason, my lightning and aura wouldn't activate. So I just had to use my normal strength. But this being didn't have that trouble. He was using aura to keep me in his grip. He could snap my neck if he wanted to.

"Me? You should know this already Lightningman." He smiled. "It was you who created me." He snapped his fingers and a memory came up. It was me and Brandon talking about Demon King and Destroyer.

"Yeah. I always figured everyone has two sides to them. Even you." He looked at me. "Your good side would be lightningman." (He didn't know I was the superhero.) "But I don't know who your evil side would be." He leaned back on his couch as I thought. I came up with the name in the memory and my eyes widened. I mouthed. "oh no."

"Oh yes. You flooded me with all of your bad memories and experiences. Every time I got something new, it made me stronger, but it hurt me at the same time so that I couldn't do anything. But you haven't had any bad experiences in a while have you?" He throws me and I hit the wall of the chamber of memories. It was completely black around by now, and the only light was coming from where you enter, and one light that was on the chair where He had sat. Just then He came into the light and stepped into my throat.

"My name is Darkning. And I'm going to take over your body. You're going to stay in here and feel the exact same pain I've felt for years. You've never once let out your feelings. You always kept it hidden, hurting me. Now, your going to hurt the exact same way."

(I was writing Chapter 30- When I realized AGAIN, That I missed the chance to insert a song. FUCK! That's how mad I am. I didn't even bother to bleep that out.)

Author's Note:

Oh (beep.)

PreviousChapters Next