• Published 31st May 2017
  • 2,960 Views, 151 Comments

The True Me - lightningman



How will a teenage superhero react when he is dropped into the one place he figured he would have no work to do? and how will he react when he falls in love with someone from that world. Join him in this adventure of love, and confusion

  • ...
41
 151
 2,960

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 50 - Some more talking

"An endless supply of food does sound useful." Said Thomas sitting down at the table.

"I guess me & Karen are the really lucky ones, we don't need to eat." Said Nathan.

"Doesn't that make you feel a bit..." Samson trailed off as he tried to think of the word he was looking for. "...Inhuman?"

"Not really no, I can still eat... I just don't have to." Said Nathan.

"Technically, I don't need to eat either since viruses aren't known to do so. I just eat because I can." Sage said. "Also, Samson, you sounded like you were in pain earlier. While I can't throw a healing spell or technique at you like I usually do, I do have something else." Sage pulled a small green bean from his right breast pocket and offered it to Sam.

"What is it?" Sam questioned, his grudge against his brother seems to disappear as he took the bean and held it up for both he and the silvery orb to inspect.

"Senzu bean. I've seen it heal fatal injuries like it was nothing. I don't use them much since I can easily stimulate my Blacklight to regenerate, but they're still useful to have on me." Sage replied. "They also fully restore your stamina."

"There also one of the Dragonball franchises biggest Deus ex machina's, as far as I'm aware." Said Nathan. "Given I only watched DBZ Abridged."

"Same." Said Thomas.

"Anyway." I say once im finished eating. "its time for your guy's tour. I haven't given Samson one yet."

"Sounds like a plan, man," Samson said, standing to his feet. "Just lead the way."

I get up and groan. "We'll begin at twi's and make our way around town until we hit Fluttershy's"

"That's cool with me. I need to move my stuff anyway." Sage said. He went over to his swords and metal block and rested them against a wall. While he did this, Alex nodded in agreement.

"I'm okay with that as well. What about you two? Will you be joining us?" Alex asked, looking at Nathan and Thomas.

"I will be, I haven't gotten the tour yet." Said Nathan.

"Might as well join ya." Said Thomas.

Sam fell silent after hearing what their tour would consist of, Chris' orb coming up to hover next to his shoulder.

"You okay, bro-"

"Shut up, Chris," Sam interrupted in a small voice, falling in behind the others.

"Anyway. gather around. I'm gonna apparate us there."

"Daijōbu. Come, friends! Adventure awaits!" Sage exclaimed. He walked over and put his hand on lightningman.

"Hai!" Alex shouted in reply, doing the same. I smile and turn on the spot, dragging all of the other humans along with me. Eventually, there was a loud crack as we appear right outside of Twilight's home.

"Everyone. This is Twilight home. Although since you are all displaced. I assume at least. Then you should know this already. Come on. She's probably studying or something." I open the door.

"Does that pony ever not study?" Asked Nathan.

"I don't think so." Said Thomas.

Samson went up to the tree and put his hand to it. "You know, no matter how many times I see this place," he said before looking at the entire town around them. "I still can't quite connect it to Midnight's castle...."

"I see books... A lot of books." Sage said, looking around.

"Probably shouldn't smoke in here then, what with the lack of fire alarms and the countless flammable objects," Alex said. Sage and Alex shared a look before grinning.

"Guess who!?" They shouted at the same time.

"Guess who?" I looked in confusion. I shake my head. "but Twilight put a flame retardant spell on everything here. You'll be fine."

"Is Twi even back? Didn't we leave her at Canterlot?" Asked Thomas.

"I'm Pretty sure we did." Said Nathan. "But keep in mind she can teleport."

"Hold on." I disapparate and apparate with all the girls a few seconds later

"I feel like that's cheating the system." Said Thomas.

"Keep in mind Thomas that we are currently in a universe that treats the fourth wall like scrap." Said Nathan.

"Whether it's cheating the system or not, it's obvious this isn't a Displaced universe so the fourth wall was *beep*ed before we even got here as far as I'm concerned. The only good thing about the current situation is that Alex and I can't access our powers. I firebend when I'm startled and I'm guessing he breathes fire or spits lava when he's startled as well." Sage said.

"It depends on what form I'm in. I'm more likely to torch your face then melt it." Alex replied.

"I told you-you would get them back tomorrow." said the author.

"Why do we always ignore the pony's in the room?" Asked Thomas.

"Probably because they let us," Sam answered with a shrug. "That or we're more entertaining."

"That's a fair point." Said Nathan.

"Actually I'm thinking that it's because they never interrupt us. They want to, but know we would just continue talking." I smile

"So are we gonna keep ignoring them or will we address them?" Sage asked.

"Honestly, I'm fine either way," Alex replied.

"Whatever the case," Sam said with a little shrug. "At least they're here."

"True." I shrug as I turn to them. ¨Girls, we have new guests and some people that you might have seen but weren't introduced to. This is Thomas and Nathan."I point to them.

"Howdy Y'all." Said Nathan.

"I'm pretty sure we've met actually." Said Thomas.

"My name is Masaru Ametsuchi, but I prefer Sage," Sage said.

"And I'm Alexander, but I prefer Alex. I believe I speak for both of us when I say that it's a pleasure to meet all of you," Alex said, looking at Sage, who nodded.

"Samson Jaeger," the ranger greeted with a bow of his head as he ignored the silver orb floating behind him. "At your service."

"My apologies, my name's Barricade, but you can call me Nathan." Said Nathan.

"Now that we have introduced ourselves, I believe it is only customary for you to return the gesture," Sage said.

"Geez, you really are a ninja aren't you? You've been giving off that vibe, but to pull such a clean change of feel like that is certainly something expected of one." Alex said, looking at Sage from the corner of his eyes.

"You're just realizing that? I thought the headband and face mask would've been a clear indication. Then again, I'm not exactly wearing my mask right now... eh." Sage replied, crossing his arms.

"Anyway. " I say to them. "I'm taking all of them for a tour. Next stop? Sweet Apple Acres."

"Another place I've never been," Sam muttered before he hit the heel of his fist to his other palm. "Actually, I could use this to get an accurate feel for enemy territory! Why didn't I think of that before?"

"Yeah, And it's also not like you haven't known about them before you got here anyway," I say.

"Actually, I haven't officially met them because I live in the Everfree and sneak around Ponyville whenever I do visit back in my Equestria," Sage said.

"Me and Nathan where Displaced to Equestria Girls universe's." Said Thomas.

"And my Equestria is stuck in a war that has forced every free being into the Castle of Two Sisters," Sam said, putting his hands in his pockets. "The closest I've been to my Ponyville is the Battle for the Everfree."

"Yeah. I guess." I rub the back of my neck. I then wave it off. "Pinkie will give you a party when we're the done the tour." At that moment I vanished to avoid a shot from the party cannon. I reappear. "PINKIE!" I say short and loud. "Why'd you aim it at me?"

"Because I knew you'd avoid it!" She smiled innocently. She then frowned and began to bang the cannon. "This always jams." It then fired again and I ducked to avoid a punch bowl. The punch bowl soared towards Sage, who quickly vanished in a blur, reappearing next to Lightningman and revealing Alex, who had been standing behind him.

"Genki-ippai." Alex deadpanned, getting covered in punch and receiving a new hat immediately after. "You suck, Sage."

"PFFFT! HA! Reflex?"

"Hahaha... That's a classic." Said Nathan.

"It's not that funny." Said Thomas.

"It kinda funny." Said Nathan.

Sam let a little smile cross his face. "Glad to see that some things never change," he said with a lighter tone.

"Anyway..." I roll my eyes. "SWEET APPLE ACRES! HO!" I grab them all and apparate us to the farm.

"You know... I don't think I'll ever get used to seeing all those apples." Sage said.

"Two things. One. I agree, and if they're anything like the ones from my Equestria, they're heavenly. Two, what the (beep) keeps letting you speak before me most of the time?" Alex asked.

"(Beep) if I know. Fate? Heard she can be a (beep) sometimes."

"Eh..."

"Knowing this universe's lack of a fourth wall, I'd say the reason Sage almost always talks first is because of your Author." Said Thomas.

"That sounds creepily accurate." Said Nathan.

"Can we please not talk about some higher power using us as puppets?" Sam said, a small tick in his eyebrow as he stuffed his hands in his pockets. "Because to quote a certain chilly individual, ain't no strings on me." The silver orb behind him sank a little and drifted away from him a bit.

"If you're like me. It's not a higher power. It's just you from the future." I state

"I actually highly doubt that," Samson muttered, throwing a look over his shoulder at the silver orb and forcing his brother to sink a bit lower.

"Well, it makes some form of Sense." Said Nathan.

"Yeah, I'd rather believe me from the future is in charge of all of this bull(Beep) then some higher being." Said Thomas.

"I like to think that one's imagination is the window to parallel universes and alternate realities that only you can access unless you write or type it somewhere. Also, Samson, why so harsh on the silver, wingless Zelda fairy?" Sage asked, turning to Samson. Alex followed suit, also curious.

"I think it's best we didn't pull the pin on that grenade...," Chris answered hesitantly, floating a little higher.

"Yeah," Samson agreed before his teeth grit together. "Let's not explode in front of a bunch of people were still getting to know."

"The fairy is Samson's other personality. Chris. I don't see a difference appearance wise." I smirk underneath my mask

"Hahaha... That was both offensive and funny." Said Nathan.

"I have to agree with him on that one." Said Thomas.

"Enough of that. We're here on a tour, not a roasting parade." Sage said.
"So says the firebender."
"I haven't had a roasted dragon in a while."
Alex shuffled slightly away from Sage, who only smirked evilly.

"Riiight...," Sam said slowly before he rolled his shoulders and cleared his throat. "But Sage is right about the tour."

"Yeah." I nod. I then smell something. I look around and smell my clothes. "WHOA!" I back up. "Guys. You continue on the tour. Ask the author for the next location. I need to get myself clean. I haven't had a shower in a few days." I turn and disappear.

"Well... Now what? Explore the orchard or next location?" Alex asked.
"I have a pretty good idea since I, admittedly, tend to steal apples from here now and then, so my vote would have to go to next location," Sage replied.

"I'm down for a change of scenery." Said Nathan.
"As am I." Said Thomas.

"Oh. Thomas? Nathan? I think I figured out a way back for you. Basically, all of our universes have a specific target code that needs to be shown for you to get into your world. Thomas? I Think I'm close to yours. It's EQG-WM2001." Said the Author.

"Cool, at least I'll be able to get back home. Think I'll stick around till the end of the tour first tho." Said Thomas.
"Does that mean I can stay even after he leaves?" Asked Nathan.

"If you want to. Yeah." You could almost hear the author nod. "I haven't figured out your universe coordinates yet. But I'm close. It's something like Blank-TF1876. Which universe are you from? MLP or EQG?"

"EqG, like Thomas." Said Nathan.

"Ok. Then yours is EQG-TF1876."

"Cool, I'll be sticking around awhile then." Said Nathan.
"Well, I'm still leaving after the tour." Said Thomas.

"Alright. Next location then." There was a snapping sound and everyone was at Sugarcube Corner.

"Now this place I've really wanted to see," Sam said with a wide grin before his brow twitched and he looked over his shoulder at Chris. "...What? I've got a sweet tooth." The orb said nothing, only bobbed in the air a bit as if to shrug.

"I've got a sweet tooth also." said Nathan. "Where do I order?" He asked.
"I'd assume over there at the register," said Thomas.

"Five says Pinkie shows up when the bell rings," Alex said, gently elbowing Sage.
"Deal. Anyone else want in on this?" Sage asked, walking up to the counter.

"I'd get in on that action, but there's a cop right here." Said Thomas, Nathan holding up a rude gesture in response.

"I'd go for that," Sam said before something seemed to suddenly strike him. "But I don't have any bits... which also means I can't buy anything... (Beep)."

"no problem." said the author. a faint jingling was heard and growing louder. suddenly a bag crashed through a window that took minimal damage and the bag landed in front of Samson

"Um...," Samson hummed as he picked up the bag and checked inside. "Thanks?"

"I don't know if that's legal or not." Said Nathan.

"*beep* if I know, but I haven't gotten arrested for it yet. Then again, my existence isn't a well-known thing." Sage said.
"I just summon bits from my vault when I need them, so I haven't had a reason to find out," Alex said.

"it's not illegal." the author said. "and even if it was, I have diplomatic immunity."

"Fair enough." Said Nathan.
"OK, let's eat." Said, Thomas, as he walked up to the counter.Sam followed, trying to hide the giddiness he felt.

"Anyway..." the author's voice faltered. "(Beep). guys? get Silent. Tell him the manticores are here. ill get your food."

"I'll go get my stuff. Let's meet up at town hall. Yo Author, you willing to unlock my Spirit Energy? The swords I left behind have a slashing ability that's fueled by it." Sage said, barging out the door.
"If you do that for him then how about my Equestrian magic?" Alex asked. "I'd like to whip out some fire damage and I need magic to activate the runes. The Author hesitates before saying this.

"fine. But this is Silents fight. he was the one who provoked them." the author unlock their powers

Sam let out a sigh as he sat the bag on the counter. "This job is never done, is it?" He muttered before starting towards the door. "If Silent doesn't handle this quick, I'm getting my hands dirty."

"You Author, bring in some popcorn, I wanna watch this fight." Said Thomas.
"Who the (Beep) is Silent?" Asked Nathan.

"Hold on." there's a crack and a young pegasus colt in a white coat covering his face appears before them. "This is Silent Power."

"Nice to meet you Silent." Said Nathan holding out his fist for Silent to fist bump.
"Sup Tick-Tack?" Asked Thomas.

"Call me that again and ill give you worse than a damaged shoulder plate." Silent said in his unusually deep-voiced as he hoof bumped Nathan

"He damaged your shoulder plate?" Asked Nathan.
"He had a great audition, but it'll never happen again." Said Thomas.

Silent smirks before running behind Thomas and jamming his sword into a thigh plate. prying it off and leaving the wiring completely open and giving silent the choice to make the leg useless or not. "try me, you tin can."

"Is it wrong to want to hurt a child?" Asked Thomas.
"Yes, yes it is." Said Nathan.
"Don't care." Said, Thomas, as he kicked Silent over to the Manticores. "(Beep)ing worth it." He said.

he shook his head and looked at the manticores. "you want to settle your fight with me? im busy with him." he pointed at Thomas. "deal with him first and ill fight you." the manticores roared and charged at Thomas.

"You little (Beep)." Said, Thomas, as he pressed the button that lets him grow. "You really wanna take me on you pussy cat's?" He asked as he stepped on one crushing it. "You know, I just realized Fluttershy is going to hate me for that." He said.
"Well, then it's a good thing you're leaving after this." Said Nathan.

"I knew they wouldn't be a challenge. I just didn't want to fight them. BYE." with that Silent left

Author's Note:

Halfway to 100 chapters :twilightoops: I can't believe the huge influx of writing i've done in the last few months. I also can't believe the support that a few of the people reading this story has given me.:twilightsmile: Thank you so much. You can expect a lot more chapters as we barely scratched Season one. I'm aiming for The True me to end at the end of Season 3. Which continues into "The Brother's Adventure." Which goes into "The True Me 2." Which goes until the second Equestria girls movie. which will be "the Brother's Adventure 2" and then into "The True Me 3" and "The Brother's continued adventure.'

PreviousChapters Next