• Published 31st May 2017
  • 2,958 Views, 151 Comments

The True Me - lightningman



How will a teenage superhero react when he is dropped into the one place he figured he would have no work to do? and how will he react when he falls in love with someone from that world. Join him in this adventure of love, and confusion

  • ...
41
 151
 2,958

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 40 - Dis... what now?

As I was walking back to the school after the events of Dragonshy, I grabbed my cards out of my pocket and looked through them. I sigh as they didn’t seem useful for the past day and a half. But I would need them in my fight with Blueblood tomorrow. I was about to put them back when I noticed they were starting to glow. I look through them and noticed that the one glowing was my recreated unknown shores card. I put the rest of the cards back and I was suddenly blown back. I land with a grunt and see the card… just floating there.

“Uh… author? What’s going on?” I speak to thin air.

“I don’t know, this didn’t happen when I was there.” a confused voice came in. Suddenly there was a huge flash of light and I covered my eyes.

“OK, where the (bleep) am I?!? And what the (Beep) is the beeping?”¨
I look up and see a person in armour. Warmachine armour. I groan loudly.

“(beep.) I thought I was done with this.” I get up and walk towards him. “YO! YOU!”

“You talking to me?, I don't see anyone else so you must be talkin’ to me.”
There were multiple ponies around.

“Alright, so you're from a human world. Good to know. But yeah, Who are you? And don’t take the cheesy, ‘I’m Warmachine’ path.”

“Name’s Quill, Thomas Quill”

“My name is lightningman.” I hold out my hand. I mentally put some lightning in it so that it strengthens my hand in case he uses to much force and accidently tries to crush it.

“Cool name,” he said reaching his hand out. “Wait,” he said taking his actual arm out of the armour and grabbing my hand.
I accidently zap him when he grabs my hand.

“Whoops, sorry, I had prepared my hand already for your suit.” I shake off the residual electricity from me.

“Son of a (Beep) that hurt.” He winced as he put his arm back into his suit
“Duh. My name isn’t lightningman for no reason. Half of my body mass is pure electricity.” I roll my eyes.

“Good to know”

“Yeah, but come on, you might as well get a tour. So how did you get that suit?” I said as I started to walk

“Went to comic-con cosplaying as this character, bought something, got sent to a version of the Equestria girls universe as this character”

“Really? I was just sent here. I already had the powers.”

“Wait, really?”

“Yeah, I’ve only been here....” I trail off. “I don’t remember exactly, but it’s been a few days. I also have a theory, I was sent into the past and here. I’m not sure if that’s true though, but it’s most likely true.”

“The time travel thing makes sense. a lot of displaced, which you clearly ain’t, get sent back in time to an earlier point in the show”
I frown. “Seriously? That’s the thing that makes sense? Time Travel? My future (beep)ing self is the (bleep)ing author!”

“That actually makes sense as well, your future self-writing all this down as some form of autobiography” I stare deadpan at him for a few seconds before saying this.

“Author. Care to prove it isn’t just an autobiography?” Suddenly a hand came up behind me and waved to him. “Ya see? This is what I have to deal with on a daily basis. Besides, he said that he doesn’t remember you from his adventures.”

“OK, this is some serious Deadpool (Beep)”

“Technically it’s Pinkie Pie.” I shrug. “She just doesn’t abuse it as much.”

“That explains a lot”

“Yeah.” I then remember something. “Does your universe happen in the first Equestria girls. Rainbow Rocks or Friendship Games? Because if it happens to be in Rainbow Rocks, make sure you get invited to that sleepover. I Have a story for you to tell them.” I smile.

“Actually I showed up in that universe after the events of Camp Everfree.”

“Ah. I never watched that actually. I watched the first three but never bothered with the last one. It didn’t seem important at the time.” I shrug. “I’m probably gonna watch it when I get home.”

“You can get back home? Lucky (Beep)”

“Oh, not right now. Don’t get me wrong. This is just the same mlp universe that’s connected to my own universe, which is their Equestria Girls universe.” I pause for a second before rubbing my head. “I just gave myself a headache.”

“You gave me one too”
“Come on. Let’s introduce you to the girls and then get to my house. Darkning should be home by now with our armour." We finally reach the treehouse where I believe all the girls were. I knock on the door.

“Gonna be weird meeting the pony versions of the girls”

“I’m gonna say the same when I meet the human versions.” Twilight opens the door and widens her eyes when she sees Warmachine. She then looks at me and I shrug helplessly. “I thought we were done with this as well.” She sighs and lets us in.

“So you live in a tree library, whats that like?”

“It’s been nice. Lots of books, my friends are nearby and I put an antenna up to stop lightning strikes from hitting me.”
Twilight says cheerily. “Girls! Lightningman and somebody else is here.” They all look up and widen their eyes at him.

“How is it you react better to a dude in a suit of armour than you do Flash?” I ask facepalming.

“You met The Flash?”

“What? Oh no. I mean Flash Sentry from a Yugioh world.” I say clarifying

“OK, that is way less cool”

“He fights 50 feet tall monsters,” I say deadpan. “Plus he was born in the duel monsters world. The REAL duel monsters world.”

“You ever pick up a Flash comic? dude is faster than everything ever.”

“I’ve read about him yeah. And he seems cool. But I don’t really like DC. Considering those are my initials.”

“Hate your real name?”

“Kinda. Not really, but…. It’s complicated.” I rub the back of my neck and Fluttershy flies next to me and hugs me. I hug her back. “Thanks.”

“You two together?

“Oh, yeah. We got together… two days ago I believe? I don’t record time by days, I record them by the adventures”

“You count time-based on the episodes, that makes sense.”

“Yeah, it’s a pain in the (beep.) though. Every day there’s a new adventure. I have school I need to attend if I have any chance of beating Blueblood in that test.” I groan.

“Your gonna kick the (Beep) out of Blueblood? that i've got to see”

“Then stay here until tomorrow. After the test about Equestrian history, it’s a battle. That’s what the armour Darkning is getting is for. I can deal with him easily enough, I just like having every advantage I can get.”

“Taking precaution, that's smart” sounded a female voice coming from Warmachines suit

“... Is that an AI?”

“Yeah, that's Karen, say hi Karen”

“Greetings”

“The only experience I have with AI’s are in the Red Vs Blue series,” I state. “I guess this is a chance to learn.” I shrug.

“Well Karen ain’t anything like those idiotic psychopathic AI’s”

“Good.”

“I take it we are in another universe again Sir?”

“Yeah Karen we are, this is Lightningman”

“Cool name”

“You know it’s a cool name when an AI tells you it is.” I chuckle

“Leave it to Tony Stark to create a computer that’s pretty much just a brain”

“True.” I smile underneath my mask. “But you met the girls, let’s get to my house. You can meet Jasper.”

“OK, let's go”

We leave to go to my house. We soon get there and I see Darkning already there.

“Hey, did you already get the armour?”

“Yeah.” He turns to Warmachine. “Who are you?”

“Thomas Quill, Warmachine”

“Alright.” The eyes are still narrowed. “If you hurt anyone here, I will rip your head clean off your body.”

“Good luck with that”

“That’s Karen”

“Well, Karen, I can overload your systems with so much electricity, it will fry your operator from the inside. And yes, I’ve seen the original Avengers.”

“You claim to be more powerful than the GOD of thunder?”

“God of THUNDER. Not lightning.” I point out. “When it comes to that, we might as well be that god.”

“Have you seen Thor: Ragnarok? he also counts as the god of lightning”

“I was gone before that came out.” I shrug. “And Darkning. Quiet, we may be powerful, but the closest we are are the embodiments of lightning. Not gods. We’re like discord. He’s the embodiment of chaos, not a god of chaos.”

“See, your brother knows what’s up” Darkning and I proceeded to smack him in the head.

“We’re not brothers.”

“OK, Jesus.”

“He’s all of my anger and sadness manifested into a corporeal being,” I explain. “I made him a body a few days ago.”-

“So he’s your sadder, angrier clone”

“Clone? NO! He’s his own being, he just has my memories. His feelings are his own, and his thoughts are his own. Oh, speaking of which.” I pull out the harmonic wand and put it on Darkning’s head. There was a bit of silence when I put Sam back in my pocket. “I took that magic out of your body now.”

“You ever see The Clone Wars, clones in the Star Wars universe are always there own being, they just all look the same… & what do you mean took away his magic?”

“I didn’t take away his magic. I put in a bit of magic of my own to keep an eye on him while he was gone getting the armour. And also, he doesn’t look like me at all.” I take off my mask and his mask revealing our different faces.

“OK, not clones… got it”

“Good.” I put my mask back on and he puts his own on. “Anyway, Come on. I want to inspect the armour.” We head inside and I see the Darkstone armour. Fitted to be able to hide underneath the normal costume. I smile.

“Good. And are you sure this is the largest concentration of Darkstone you could get legally in the minotaur land?”

“Yeah. He said it would be able to block out alicorn magic.” Darkning nodded.

“That’s some bad (Beep) armour, I should tell Tony about this Darkstone, could come in handy for him”

“I’m pretty sure Darkstone is only native to this dimension. Well, the MLP dimensions relative to Equestria Girls dimensions. So unless Tony can cross between dimensions at will, then forget about getting his hands on this.”

“This is Tony Stark we're talking about, he’ll crack dimensional travel at some point” I open my mouth a few times and then shrug.

“That’s true. But I don’t know how Darkstone will react to being on earth.”

“That's a fair point, for all we know it could blow up”

“I ran a test on the Darkstone Sir, it won't blow up on Earth, but it won’t be as powerful”

“Thanks, Karen”

“Karen, what does it effects on current technology as of 2017?” I ask “That’s when I left.”

“On 2017 Technology it doesn’t have any negative side effects.”

“Alright. Thanks. So it’s safe to bring home.” I smile a bit. “Now I just need to carve my symbol into the armour, and we’re good.”

“I need to come up with a Warmachine logo” I smile and go search for a piece of paper. I find one and start drawing something that came to my mind. I then hand it to you.

“Done.”

“That’s pretty good”

“Thanks.” I shrug. “First thing that came to mind.”

“I'm gonna use that if you don't mind me using your idea”

"Sure.” I smile “Karen, do you have a laser cutter?”

“Deattach the laser gun and press the button on the side.”

“Alright.” I look at the armour and move over a piece of armour and grab the laser gun. “This might feel weird for a second,” I warn as I start on the laser gun on low power. I carve the symbol into the centre of the armour. The arc reactor was within the arrow that pointed upwards.

“(Beep)ing awesome”

“Yeah. I could be a metal sculptor.” I blow the smoke off of the laser gun and get to work on the Darkstone.

“The laser gun can be put back into the armour right, Karen?”

“It should be able to since I took it out of it in the first place,” I say as I continue to work.

“Yes it can Sir, Mr. Lightningman would be right”

“Thanks, Karen, so you fight Blueblood tomorrow?”

“Yeah, If I beat him, I become the prince of Equestria in place of him.”

“We’re teenagers & I’m positive any of us 3 would be a million times better of a prince then him”

“Yeah. Believe it or not, I found out I could challenge him because I wanted to pull a prank on Celestia. It led to that.”

“This is Celestia where talking about here, she probably wanted you to be there so that could happen. I mean, this is the same pony that planned for Twilight to become an alicorn the second she saw her cutie mark.”

“Actually, she had no idea I was gonna be there. While it is convenient that Blueblood was there. She wasn’t the one who suggested it. Her advisor was the one who told me about the challenge.”

“I'm just saying I wouldn't be surprised if its revealed Celestia was behind all of this.”

“True.” I shrug. “Speaking of which, Since your going to be watching the battle, I might as well introduce you to her.” I put my hand on your armour and with a loud crack we disapparate and reappear in the middle of the day court.

“WHAT THE (BEEP)?!? You can teleport?”

“Apparition. I ripped it off, Harry Potter.” I then wave to Celestia who looked startled. All of the nobles had holed up behind her throne.

“OK really, do I look that scary?”

“They're not scared of you. Last time I was here, I (Bleep)ed with Blueblood remember? They're afraid that I’ll do the same to them and lower their social status.” I then look at filthy rich. “Not sure why your hiding though. I said that you were good.”

“You're telling me there more scared of your spandex then they are of my suit of armour?”

“They have bad technology remember. They don’t know what to be scared of about you. If you showed your weapons, then they would be scared.”

“Why the (Beep) would I show my weapons for no good reason?”

“Sir’s, I believe we are ignoring the pony’s in the room”

“Oh, right. Thanks, Karen”

“Don’t worry about it. I ignore them constantly whenever I come here. But anyway.” I turn to Celestia. “Celestia? This is Thomas Quill, Otherwise known as Warmachine. He’s gonna stay here a day or so until I can get him back home.”

“Your majesty” Thomas says giving a mock bow.

“Greetings Mr.Quill. Or do you prefer… Warmachine?” She gulps a little.

“You see? Mention your name and you get the reaction you want.”

“Call me Thomas.”

“And as previously mentioned, I'm Karen. It’s an honour to meet you, your majesty.”

“Karen’s the sentient being that helps me pilot the suit.”

“Well its a pleasure to meet you, Thomas & Karen,” said Celestia still a little bit nervous.

“You're still nervous, hold on,” said Thomas as he got out of the armour. “Is that better Princess?”

“Quite, thank you. Why do you own such a suit?” Celestia asked Thomas.

“Where I'm from I'm a superhero and before you ask ‘if you're a hero why do you have such a scary and threatening name?’ I didn't pick the name, the suit's inventor did. And out of respect for him, I didn’t change it, and I won't before you ask”

“Fair enough Thomas”

Author's Note:

This is a crossover with a displaced story name WarMachine. The author is Barricade Pax. I know this is an extra long chapter, It's to make up for the last short chapter

PreviousChapters Next