• Published 31st May 2017
  • 2,961 Views, 151 Comments

The True Me - lightningman



How will a teenage superhero react when he is dropped into the one place he figured he would have no work to do? and how will he react when he falls in love with someone from that world. Join him in this adventure of love, and confusion

  • ...
41
 151
 2,961

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 30 - Singing.

As I walked up onto the stage with Darkning, I went through my head of the lyrics of the song. I motioned for Darkning to come closer and I whisper in his ear the songs that I'm going to put on. He nods and whispers his songs back.

"You sure?" He nods and I say "Ok. Let's do this." I went to the equipment. I began to tinker with it. After which, I zapped it with a bit of my electricity so that it has access to the internet imprinted on my lightning. I search through the songs and prepare it.

"Ok. Everyone? I want to say that these first three songs are dedicated to my new girlfriend. Fluttershy." I smile brightly at her and she blushes and smiles shyly back. (I'm the lead singer, Darkning is the backup singer.)

After we sang, I went and searched for the second song. But before I turn this on, I say to everyone. "Now, this song is meant to be sung as loyalty to your partner, but the lyrics are kinda weird, I didn't make it, so don't blame me."

As I was singing a bunch of other couples were dancing with each other. I even saw Rainbow hug Twilight in the corner. But for some reason, she looked at Rainbow and talked a bit. I decide to talk to them about that later. I went and put up the third song.

Everyone was clapping. Or whatever it is when you bang your hooves against the floor. Screw it, I'm calling it clapping."Thank you. Thank you. Now, Darkning has some songs that He would like to sing." (I'm now back up, Darkning is the lead singer. Also, imagine the girl's voice is a man's voice.)

As we were singing, Everyone was smiling a little bit. They could tell the lyrics were good, but they couldn't help but feel intimidated by the loud music. This is more like something Vinyl Scratch would put on at her club. Darkning put up the second song.

Everyone was surprised. All his songs involved heroes of some sort, and all of mine involved love. Then one of them spoke up. "How many more songs do you have?"

"A LOT." We say at the same time. But nobody groaned. In fact, they all seemed to enjoy us singing. "Would anyone else like to join us singing?" They looked at each other and Pinkie Pie bounced up to join us. I leaned down and whispered in her ear the next songs. She nodded.

Everyone was smiling and dancing a bit.

"Alright. For our next song, we are going to be using a song that... does also has weird lyrics. Alright?"

"Alright!" They all cheered. They liked the songs that we had picked so far. So they believed they would like this song as well.

Just then Darkning whispered in my ear. "I have another idea for a song."

"Really? Well put it on." I then turn to the crowd. "Darkning is going to sing another song alright?"

"YEAH!"

Everyone was surprised that this song was kinda both mine and his types of song. love and heroes.

"Ok. Now everyone? We are going to break off from what we've been singing, to sing some other songs. Darkning will lead this next one." I move over theatrically for him.

(yes. In this me and Darkning even did the complicated handshake. Also, the 'brother' is technically each other. But you could interpret it to mean Xayvier. Or Deklan. If you don't know who that is, then head to my other story 'The brother's adventure.' Ok. shameless self-promotion aside. let's get back to the story.) As the song ended, I went to it and put on another song.

"Alright, I'm taking the lead on this one."

"Now, Time for a silly song." I cough and use a deeper voice than usual.

"Darkning? Any ideas for songs? I'm almost out."

"A lot. But do you think we should end right now?"

"What? Why?"

"Because you know how it is, the author will have to keep adding in these songs and the audience might not like these songs."

"I'm the author remember? I make this story in the future? And I honestly don't care. I like these songs, if others don't they can skip the chapter where I put these in."

"Oh right." He nods and continues to put on a playlist of songs.

"Now, the rest of the songs? These are just songs that we felt like singing alright?"

"Alright." A few ponies nod. A few were exhausted from dancing and laying on the floor listening to us.

As we finished singing everyone was clapping exhausted. Darkning and I get down from the stage and a few ponies go up and start to sing as well. (I'm not going to put those in. I have no idea what songs ponies would sing.)

"What do you want to do now?" Darkning asked me.

"I saw Twilight and Rainbow talking to each other. I'm not sure, but I'm pretty sure something is going down."

"Really? How did you notice that?"

"You didn't?" I ask. "Hmm.... Probably my powers helping my perception. I don't know." I shrug. "But let's go talk to them."

"Alright." we both headed towards them. They were in the corner.

"Hey Lightningman, Darkning. That was some great singing. But what are you doing here? I would have figured you would be with Fluttershy." Twilight said to me.

"Me and Darkning were wondering what's happening over here?"

"Oh..." Twilight and Rainbow both looked down a bit.

"Well, To be honest? You know when you caught us kissing?"

"Yeah." I nod.

"Well, I was exploring my sexuality. Rainbow is a great marefriend. But I don't think I'm like that."

"Really? Why not?"

"I don't know." She shrugs. "But I told Rainbow this, and she understands."

"Alright. So you two aren't together anymore?"

"No."

"You two were together??" I heard Rarity say quietly. I turn around to see her, Fluttershy, Pinkie Pie, and Applejack.

Author's Note:

Yes, this entire chapter is centered around music. I like the music I chose.

PreviousChapters Next