• Published 3rd Feb 2016
  • 3,437 Views, 153 Comments

Discord's After-Mails - Lise



A day has passed since Discord discovered the identity of his secret admirer and started living with her. However, the letters just keep on coming...

  • ...
7
 153
 3,437

7. My Sweet Dissy

Discord didn't feel at all well. Having Luna kick in the door and catch him having dinner with a bunch of ponies, including Octavia, whom he had neglected to mention, wasn't the among the best of circumstances. The matters deteriorated quickly, with Deliria saying that "step-mom Octavia is cool" and got her a pet.

"We can go elsewhere," Discord offered, opening a tear to another dimension.

"Here would be fine." Luna said. She was no longer shouting. "Is this my daughter's room?" She slid her hoof along a giant poster of the moon. "It's tidy."

"Annoyingly so," Discord said under his breath. "Every four weeks, or when she's upset, she destroys it completely and leaves me to rebuild it."

"Maybe I should have spent more time with her," the Princess sighed.

"Look, I know a lot has happened the last few days, but—" Discord began, but was quickly stopped by Luna raising a hoof in the air. Her horn glowed, causing a silver scroll to flash into existence.

"Here." Luna levitated the scroll towards him. "I think it's easier this way."

Great... Discord tried to keep a smile on his face. He was definitely in trouble now. The last, and only, time Luna had sent him something in writing was to announce she would be joining her sister in "kicking his butt to the moon and back" unless he stopped with his chaos nonsense. Hesitantly, he unrolled the scroll.

My Sweet Dissy,

I am moving on. We had our moments, didn't we? A fine few decades together, a lovely daughter, and love. Even back then, I knew you were only doing it to make Tia jealous. At first I decided to play along. How foolish I was to think I could beat you at your own game. After the fourteenth letter I actually believed I might stand a chance, that maybe there was something I could beat Sis at. Your separation hadn't gone well, and I was the only one in speaking terms with both of you. To be honest, I never expected you would propose. Naturally, I knew you were a horrible influence. Maybe you don't know, but I used to secretly hang out with Chrysalis during my early rebel phase. She told me all about you. We both had a thing for bad colts back then.

You broke my heart when you left me, you know. I had seen how things went down with Tia, so I thought I was prepared. Typically, you managed to surprise me. A sticky note on the bed. No fights, no yelling, no sarcasm, just a damned sticky note informing me we are divorced! I could hardly believe it. For months I thought it was one of your pranks. The whole reason I hooked up with Sombra was my desperate attempt to get you jealous. Even then I was hoping you'd appear from somewhere and declare your neverending love. Well, it didn't happen, and I just ended messing up that stallion as well.

Think of me what you will, I tried to be there for both you and Deliria. I often took her to work with me, showed her how I fix dreams. She so enjoyed it when she was a filly. Then one thing led to another until I finally lost it. I was so envious of Tia, not only because the ponies loved her more — that I could live with — I was upset that you still loved her. Yes, I noticed all the times you secretly glanced at her, even as a statue. Our last fight was to make you mine again, and you know how that turned out.

Octavia is quite a good choice for a mate, actually. I tried to hate her ever since Deliria mentioned her. I really, really tried, but I just couldn't. There's something special about that one. She's not as flashy or strong or noticeable as many others, but there's something inherently likable about her. Her music calms me, and I know Sis loves it. Usually, Tia is bored to death with all that classical stuff, yet after the Gala fiasco she personally reassured Octavia that it wasn't her fault. Also, that musician adores you (I have looked into her dreams). Deliria seems to have accepted her as well, which is nice. Screwball has some issues, but I wouldn't worry too much. Screwball didn't like me when I became your wife either.

Strangely enough, I received a letter from a music producer this morning. Seems like one of my favourite DJs wants to help Deliria start a music career. Personally, I think it's a wonderful idea and have agreed in the name of both of us. Deliria needs to spend more time with other ponies. Trust me, I know what it's like being a shut in, and it isn't good. Having her perform, even in front of a small audience, would work wonders. I have also considered doing a few heavy metal covers myself. Not sure if I'm ready for original stuff yet, but time will tell.

I also am very proud of Resonance. He really has grown to be quite the stallion. No mystery why my protege fell for him. For a while I didn't think that mare couldn't love anypony other than herself. Now, I know you could be overprotective when it comes to your children, but Trixie really is more than suitable. There is much more than meets the eye with that one, and I'm not talking about her lineage. Once we find a way to break her third person curse, you'll hardly recognize her. She has also showed me a few snapshots of your grandfoals, but I prefer to let you find out on your own.

On another note, Screwball seems to have finally forgiven me for "trying to replace Celestia". Before you say anything, that's exactly what I did and in the very literal sense. Shows how foolish I was. "Nightmare Moon"... I still cringe upon hearing that name. What was I thinking coming up with something so edgy? Screwball certainly has no intention of letting me forget about it, and lately nor does her future wife. Those two could really be the hoofful at times. Good thing you named Deliria. If we had gone with "Shadow's Embrace," as I insisted, she would have disowned me long ago. Talking about our daughter, I should try to talk to her more. We've been keeping a dream correspondence for the last few months, yet face to face communication is still difficult.

There is just one thing I'd like to ask of you. I've been doing a lot of thinking lately, even before your release. I am ashamed of myself and what I've done to others and especially to you. If I had put in enough effort we could have been a wonderful family. Now I can only ask for your forgiveness and pass the torch to Octavia. May she do a better job where I failed.

Sorry for everything, Dissy. Please forgive me.

Lulu

"Forgive you?" Discord asked in shock. "You are asking me to forgive you?"

This was the first time this had ever happened since the creation of time. This was the first time anyone had asked for his forgiveness. It had always been the other way around. The current situation had caught the draconequus totally unprepared. How does one even go about doing this?

"I, err..." He began, his voice soon trailing off. Damn this is difficult! "Tell you what. How about a compromise? We forgive each other? It would be better that way."

Slowly, Luna nodded. "Well, I better get going. It's night already and—"

"Why don't you stay?" Discord rolled up the scroll. "I can easily make another chair or ten. The way it's going I might soon need them," he grumbled. "Little wonder if Trixie and Vinyl Scratch happened to 'pass by' at one point or another. And knowing Twilight, she's just itching to teleport Fluttershy in... if she hasn't already. Really, those ponies could be more chaosy than me at times! If it wasn't for—" Discord stopped. Across him, Luna was laughing.

Isn't that a sight for sore eyes? he thought.

"Do you want to sit next to me? Or between Deliria and Octavia?" Discord asked, leading Luna out of the room. "Or I could arrange for both? Nothing makes dinner more interesting than some good tesseract fun."

Meanwhile, in the dining room below, a breadbasket exploded covering everypony in crumbs.

Comments ( 30 )

A breadbasket exploded? I guess Rainbow Dash won the fight then. :rainbowlaugh:

Aww... That was actually pretty nice.

Huh, that was one of the nicest ones yet.

Excellent chapter Lise!!

6926637 :) That's as good as naming her :P

6926690 You forgot Rarity and Pinkie :)

6926738 Spike never stopped liking Rarity :)
As for Octavia... her playing music at Spike's date was the price fir him sending the original letter to Discord.

6926741 Well, it was hinted he had in his reply letter O:)

6927293 It might have been a draw :P

6927449
6927742
6927798

Fitting for the end of the Saga, I hope :)

I wish there was more but you finished it on a high note. Bravo

Wow. Uhhhh.....I got nothing. Bravo.

6927874 :) Thank you :D
Every saga needs its end. Adding more would have just ruined it, I think.
Still, hopefully I'll do a Screwball X Dash slice of life. Just after a short break from this. :)

6927877 :) Glad you enjoyed :D

D48

Aw, that was surprisingly cute. I was expecting more random chaos and emotional trauma, so seeing Luna open up and help bring everyone together like this was a nice little surprise.

6929835 :) It's nice to have some sweetness after a long week of chaos :D

6930190 I blame chaos ! :D Thankee.

6931631 Shocking! O:)
Thankee for the find :)

6989733 :) Glad you enjoyed :D

6994394 Shhh! :)

Another awesome read.

6998239 :) Thanks! Glad you enjoyed :D

7042882 :)
1) Screwball disapproves of all her step-mothers
2) She turned him into a state
3) On the contrary, he likes the chaos she brings. He just doesn't like being disturbed :)

7042907
This leads me to some follow-up questions:

1) If Screwball disapproves of all of her stepmoms, why did she wish Discord would get together with Fluttershy?
2) Discord and Octavia just got together. Why are they suddenly engaged?
3) What arrangement did Screwball and Octavia come to?
4) What is wrong with Discord reading letters? Everyone acts like he's an alcoholic when he reads them.
5) What do you mean Celestia turned Discord into a state?

The only thing I don't like about this story is that Discord never got my letter. I guess inter-dimensional Mail doesn't work very well yet. Oh well.

Seriously though, this series is great and I hope you'll make at least another story detailing the wedding(s) and other shenanigans.

7042939 Sorry for the delayed response...

1) Screwball likes Fluttershy, thus she chose and accepted her as future step-mother
2) That's what Discord wants to find out as well
3) That would be telling
4) well, mostly because he can't stop reading :)
5) oops... Statue O:)

7058181 Aww... I'm sure Discord cares deeply. It's just that he's engaged now :)

And yes, a Screwball Dash love affair is in the works :)

Login or register to comment