• Published 21st Sep 2015
  • 1,335 Views, 66 Comments

Tiny Trixie Tales - Zodiacspear



The life and times of a young Trixie Lulamoon before her days as a wandering performer.

  • ...
2
 66
 1,335

Officer Trixie and the Cookie Capper

Cautiously peeking around the doorframe, Officer Trixie spotted the nefarious criminal as he sat hunched over a table covered with papers.

“—then I can hit Fillydelphia. They pay well there,” she heard him mumble to himself. “Maybe Canterlot after that. It’s a hotbed for the well-paying customers…”

“Planning his next heist,” she whispered to the pair of fellow officers who peeked to see themselves. “We’ve got him this time.”

“The villain,” Officer Cuddles growled and buzzed his wings briefly. “Bet he’s planning something super nefarious this time around.”

“We have to be quiet, else he’ll get away,” Captain Lulu whispered, pushing her oversized, homemade police helmet back on her head. Strands of pink mane still poked out everywhere, and she tried to organize them until she gave up with a splutter. She turned to Trixie, who sat glaring at the criminal mastermind. “We should go around, keep him from escaping.”

Cuddles ducked back behind the wall. “Once we’re all in place, we’ll jump 'em and—”

“No,” Officer Trixie said, her curt tone silencing them both. “This criminal is mine to take down.”

The changeling turned a wide-eyed look her way. “No fair, Trixie, we’re in this together!”

Lulu shushed him. All three took a quick look to see if the mastermind had noticed the outburst.

Thankfully, he seemed too absorbed in his papers not to have noticed.

“It’s Officer Trixie, Cuddles, and I’m going to be the one to take him down for his crimes,” Officer Trixie said as her police hat fell over her snout.

“Trixie,” Lulu said, her tone sympathetic.

With a charge of her horn, Officer Trixie set her police hat back behind said horn. “He took something very important from me, Captain Lulu, he’s going down and paying big time.”

“You can’t let what happened—”

Trixie turned an angry—if not pouty—look Lulu’s way. “I’m doing this, Captain. I will be the one to take him in. No matter what.”

“So intense,” Cuddles awed. “Just like that story Dad read us.”

“You think so?” she asked him, her visage alighting.

“Definitely!” he said, wings buzzing excitedly.

Putting on her most confident look, Officer Trixie pushed her hat forward. “I’m going in.”

“Be careful,” Lulu said, the mare’s worried tone never leaving her.

“Trust the Great and Powerful Officer Trixie, Captain.”

Creeping on her belly, Trixie made her way across the hardwood floor. Keeping a close eye on the perp, she slid behind the recliner, waiting for him to focus once more before crawling again. As she made her way to the couch, she stopped as he floated a glass of water to drink. Staying as still as she could, she waited until he set it back to the end table before moving again, making sure not to bump the table and give herself away.

As she crawled behind the couch, she spotted something underneath. Giving him a quick glance, she lit her horn and pulled the item to her, hoping the sound of her magic wasn’t too loud. It was one of her favorite hair bows.

“So that’s where it went,” she whispered.

“Hmm?” the criminal said, looking around.

“Eep,” she squeaked, slapping a hoof over her muzzle to silence herself. Glancing over her shoulder, she saw Captain Lulu and Officer Cuddles making frantic motions for her to be still.

After a bit, the criminal grunted and returned to his paperwork, making notes.

Letting a quiet sigh escape her, Officer Trixie continued her stealthy crawl until she got to the other end of the couch.

So absorbed in his work, the criminal never even saw the small, blue filly peek her head over the armrest of the couch, her little tail swishing.

“I bet if I took Trixie there, she’d—”

“RAAGH!”

“OOMPH!” he grunted as she tackled. “Beatrice Lulamoon, what’re you—”

She pinned him down, clinging to his back so he couldn’t escape. “I got you now, Mr. Criminal, you’re under arrest!”

“What in Celestia’s name are you doing?” Maximus demanded of her. “Did you finish your homework?”

“You’re a criminal, daddy, and I’m the police officer arresting you,” she whispered to him.

He blinked a few times before saying, “Oh.”

“You’re coming with me to jail to answer for your crimes, Mr. Criminal,” she declared, posing a dramatic pose. “I got him, Captain Lulu! Officer Cuddles, bring me the rope!”

“The what now?” he asked before looking in the direction she had and spotting the two stuffed animals nearby. “Oh boy…”

Dashing over to get the string, she ran back and placed a small loop over his forelegs. “All right, you’re coming with me,” she said before asking in a quieter tone. “It’s not too tight, is it, Daddy?”

“No, Sweet Pea, it isn’t,” he whispered back as he stood for her to lead him away, a small smile tugging at the corners of his lips.

Taking the other end of the string in her magic, she led the criminal with her head held high and a proud spring in her step. Prancing into the jail, she let the string fall back to the floor. “All right, we’re at the jail now.”

He looked around at all the counters, cabinets, table, oven, and sink. “The kitchen?”

“It’s jail, Daddy.”

“Right,” he said with aplomb. “So what’s my crime?”

“You know what you did, Mr. Criminal,” she proclaimed, mustering he toughest look she could manage and hitting him with it full force—a full on pouty lip. “So now you have to pay for your crime.”

“I’m still not sure what I’m guilty of,” he said, stepping out of the string and floating it to the table. “So what am I to do to get out of jail?”

She motioned to a tall cabinet, on top of which rested a blue jar with the blocky word ‘Cookies’. “The Great and Powerful Officer Trixie can’t reach the cookies.”

Maximus’s jaw dropped, his expression aghast. “Are you kidding me?”

She gave him the sweetest pleading look she could muster. “Please?”

-0-

As his daughter sat with her two stuffed animals, happily eating a hoofful of cookies with a half-drank glass of milk nearby, Maximus could only give her a bemused look.

“I’ve created a monster…” he grumbled, shaking his head with a small chuckle.

Comments ( 5 )

Hey, nice to see this updated again. We need more filly Trixie shenanigans. :rainbowkiss:

Moar Tiny Trixie! :yay:

Yay! it's back, and it's adorable!

This is the city, Canterlot, Equestria. Her name is Trixie. She carries a badge.

D'awwwww.

I think my heart exploded reading this, she's so adorable!

9429312
Glad you enjoyed it! I’m hoping I can put another chapter out in the future for everyone to enjoy. Thanks again for reading!

Login or register to comment