• Published 21st Sep 2015
  • 1,324 Views, 66 Comments

Tiny Trixie Tales - Zodiacspear



The life and times of a young Trixie Lulamoon before her days as a wandering performer.

  • ...
2
 66
 1,324

Didn't You Hear the Great and Powerful?

Even as Maximus poured over a map of Equestria and a pile of notes, he couldn’t help but wonder where he should perform next. His quill hung by his face as he mused the possibilities. The annual Pumpkin Festival was going to be held in Fillydelphia soon—and it always attracted a large crowd—but it was a rather long distance from Canterlot. There was always Manehatten. The big city ponies were always eager for new entertainment, and his name was a household mention there. Maybe he and Trixie could plan another showing there? Then there was Greensborough. The forested town was smaller, but the working ponies were always friendly and welcoming of anything that would break—

A door slamming open caused him to drop his quill, and he turned to see a rain-and-mud soaked Trixie run through the room. She beamed happily as she dripped rainwater all over their hardwood floor.

“Dad! Dad! Are you busy?”

He watched the mud fall to the floor with a sigh. “I’m busy planning, Sweet Pea. What’s wrong?”

She shook her coat out—effectively splashing more rainwater and mud around. “I’m getting hungry. What’re we having for lunch?”

A frown tugged at his lips. “Beatrice Lulamoon, what have I told you about splashing mud in the house?”

Her eyes widened as she looked at the mess she had made. “Whoops…” she looked back at her father, lowering her gaze and pinning back her ears. “I’m sorry, Daddy.”

Another sigh escaped him, and he ran a hoof down his face. He sniffed and gave her a firm glare. “Go to the bathroom and dry off, and then come back and clean up. I’ll make you something to eat while you do that.”

“Yes, Daddy,” she said as she trotted off for the bathroom.

With a tired sigh, he stood up and walked for the kitchen. Tried as he was, the thought of standing near a hot stove was a pleasant one.

“Trixie, how does a sandwich and chips sound?”

“That sounds good!” came her call from the living room.

“What do you want on your sandwich?” he asked as he levitated bread, hay, and other things to make her lunch.

“Can the Gweat and Powewful Twixie have mayo on it?”

A small smile played at the corners of his mouth. “Just mayo?”

“Mhmm,” she said as she trotted into the kitchen, and he saw that she had missed a splotch of mud on her cheek. She fidgeted as he floated over a cloth and wiped her face clean. “I was clean, Daddy.”

“Sure you were, Sweet Pea.” He chuckled as he put together her meal. Once it was done, he floated the plate over to the table where she had sat in her chair for it.

“Thanks, Daddy.” She beamed at him before lifting up her sandwich and took a bite. She chewed once before she stopped, her eyes widening.

Maximus tilted his head. “Something wrong, Trixie?”

She lifted up her bread and then looked at him. “Twixie thinks she wants something else on her sandwich.”

He blinked. “You said you wanted mayo on it.”

“Can Trixie have mustard instead?” she asked as she pushed her plate away.

Sighing quietly, he picked up the plate and set it on the counter. He quickly made another sandwich before she called over at him. “Can Twixie have it with the crusts cut off?”

He looked ahead for a moment, before he spoke. “The crusts off?”

She smiled at him, nodding. “Mhmm!”

Floating a knife over, he deftly cut the crusts of her sandwich off. Yet, even as he started to lift the plate, she spoke again. “And some lettuce and a tomato, please?”

“Trixie, please make up your mind,” he said as he took the requested toppings out of the refrigerator. “I don’t want to waste the food.”

“Okay, Twixie is sure that’s all she wants.”

He turned to look at her for a moment, and she only gave him a small little smile, squirming in her seat for her food.

“All right then.” Just as he made the requested sandwich, she spoke again.

“Actually, Twixie doesn’t want the tomato now.”

“Beatrice Lulamoon!”

She hunkered down as he glared at her. “Sorry, Daddy.”

Gritting his teeth a bit, he ran a hoof over his eyes a moment. “I’m sorry to shout, Sweat Pea, but you’re overdoing it.” He set his hoof back to the ground and looked at her, putting a small smile on his face. “Tell me what you want, and I’ll make it, okay?”

Nodding, she sat back up in her chair. “Twixie wants ketchup instead of tomato. She’s sure of it.”

“Nothing else?”

She gave a definite shake of her head. “Nuh-uh.”

“You’re sure?”

“Yep!”

As he turned to make the sandwich, he glanced over his shoulder at her. She sat there, watching him with those wide violet irises of hers. Just as he started working, the looked over his shoulder again.

A growl erupted from her belly, and she placed a hoof over it. “I’m really hungry, Daddy,” she said, the faintest of a blush on her cheeks.

Laughing quietly, he floated the lettuce over and cut away a healthy leaf. The ketchup soon followed and he put the cut-off crusts in the trashcan. “All right, Sweet Pea, here’s your—” His eyes widened as she took the final bite of her original sandwich.

It took him a moment to finally find the ability to speak. “Trixie, I thought you didn’t want a sandwich with mayo or the crusts on it?”

She stuffed the last bite into her mouth, her cheeks pouching. “I was hungry waiting.”

If so much as a breeze had blown through, it would have knocked Maximus over in that instant.

Hopping off her chair, she trotted over to him and gave him a tight hug on the leg. “You’re the best daddy ever.” She motioned him lower.

“What is it, Sweat Pea?” he asked, a timbre of weariness creeping its way into his tone as he lowered his head to hear whatever she wanted to say.

Hopping on her back hooves, she planted a little kiss on the cheek. “I love you, Daddy.” With that she galloped for the front door of their home and back out into the rain.

He stood there for a time, watching after his daughter. A touched, helpless laugh escaped him as he realized that the other sandwich needed to be eaten.

Author's Note:

After finally escaping the dungeons of Twilight's castle for writing a story about best pony that is not her, I finally got an update out!

You'll pay for turning me in, Foalsie... Just you wait! No steel cage nor mental reprograming can stop the War of the Fluff!