• Published 20th Jun 2015
  • 8,572 Views, 152 Comments

Queen Takes Dragon - dracone



Chrysalis and Spike find comfort with each other

Comments ( 31 )

What's the word people use when they get heart attacks?

6281697 i believe its "HNNNNNNNG" witch i will promptly do now. Hnnng! *death by cuteness*

6282673 in their last moments they made a few spelling errors, the power of cuteness is strong here indeed!

6304346 thanks for spotting that, I'll get to it when I can

6194422 You have to remember that's past Chrysalis that got the horrific treatment, and none of them really considered Chrysalis would get any kind of power boost after the call for the extermination of her hive and her execution was sent out to all the hives that weren't her's.

Hnnng, my heart! *clutches his chest*

So, Chryssie's kids still grow up faster than ponies, but slower than changelings normally do. Nice.

All that cute.

Cya
Raziel-chan

7106566 There are a wide variety of dragons across the the breadth of world lore, not all of them had wings or the capacity to fly.

7107201 Yeah, but no western dragons which are what mlp dragons are based on.
Beside the drake and maybe the wyrm (but that just might be lord of the rings)
Personally I call wingless dragons drakes since I believe there was myths about fire breathing lizard without wings and they were called drake... but I could be wrong.
Also you should get a proof reader, they help, trust me:raritywink:

7109706 I know what you mean, and the real trick is finding one (even with groups out there for help there isn't a guarantee that someone will be able to take a look at my rough work. I usually self-edit, which has its own perils.). And in fact there are wingless dragons with an inability to fly in Western mythology, they're just not usually found in the lore of mainland Europe. Norse mythology has the lindworm, also known as lindorm in Sweden and Denmark, and lindwurm Germany. In the Norse variation they are described as earthbound due to having no wings and an inability to fly through some other means, as for the variations that created through the spreading of the belief of this particular dragon I can not speak to their properties on that end. Also, drake is just an old world term for dragon, just like were is an old term for human. Let that sink in with this little expression, werewolf literally means human wolf.

7109729 I got mine through just asking for one in the author's notes:twilightsmile:
I actually have nothing against Spike having no wings or being a earth dragon, I just thought it was funny to think that a anthro dragon without wings is pretty much a anthro dinosaur or lizard that breathes fire.

7109747 Maybe I'll try that method later, and maybe it is a bit. I found an anthro mlp alternate universe comic on deviant art that didn't give him wings, page one is here and a lone image here, granted in that story Celestia went off the deep end (psychologically speaking) over jealousy towards Luna after her return, Spike never accompanies Twilight to Ponyville, and the story proper picks up years later when Spike is either in his late teens or early twenties (the author really doesn't say to my recollection). The story is a bit a fun read, but also pretty dark when compared to the source material.

7109773
Meh, I only read romance:ajbemused:
And write it too:ajsmug:
I have already seen plenty of pictures of Spike wingless, since my brother is a mlp junkie, hell even in the show Spike imagined himself without wings.
Also something that annoys me about this story is the side shipping, mostly Celestia and Discord, and Twilight and Flash.
I can't really imagine Discord with anyone since I can't imagine Discord loving someone and I especially can't imagine Celestia liking Discord. And I won't even bother going into what is wrong with TwiFlash:twilightangry2:

7109805 I'm bit of a Celesticord fan, as for Flash and Twilight I tolerate it (I'm more of a TwiMac fan myself, I have Twi and Mac hinting at in one of my other stories). Flash as no defined identity or personality beyond being a guard we see in a small handful of episodes. Now Luna's still looking for love, that meaning I haven't stuck with a signicant other yet and am not aware of that many ships she does have. But hey, everyone has their own tastes, in one of the chapters someone already expressed their displeasure at Twilight and Flash being together.

7109824
It's just my personal belief about Discord, I have read some great Discord ships. Discord Bride comes to mind. But for Discord to love they have to change a lot of what i liked about him, cause Discord character is very hard to properly romance.
Also if you like TwiMac why didn't you do that in this story?
Also one thing, love what you did with changelings in this story, very cool and original:raritywink:

7109851 At the time I wrote those chapters I was still unsure of who I thought of being a good romantic partner for Twilight, so I went with a shipping used by one of my favorite deviant artists at the time (still like the deviant artist, but she had Twilight paired with Flash so that whet I did), it was only after that chapter had been up for a few months that the TwiMac thing really started to take root.

As I tell people in the author notes, feel free to use any elements I've presented in your own works with the addon that I would like heads up on it so that I can help out if you're having trouble with something I presented you with.

7109863
Cool thanks.
But I don't think I will be able to use it since I have my own head-cannon about changeling, actually I have multiple.

7111432 You don't have to use all if it if you want, just some pieces if that works for you. It's okay for headcannons to not be cooperative, so long as it doesn't have big of a conflict. After all the only way those will end up interacting with each other is a crossover event, and to be fair it's kind of fun to see how two or more completely different cannons play off each other sometimes.

7111453
Sorry to say I don't have any plans to write any changeling stories any time soon, I am beginning to write a series of stories in spare time when i am not writing my current one called 'Corruption' that will have changelings in the third story.

7197217
Ouch, man that is harsh:fluttershysad:

Comment posted by dracone deleted May 8th, 2016

7197262 It would have been funny if I hadn't heard a wingless Spike compared to dinosaur three dozen time prior to your making the joke.

7200845 it's okay, there was almost no way for you to know prior, one of the key elements of humor is timing and we will sometimes fall short of the mark

7931935 thank you for proving my point for me.

9030600
First breathing fire is a biological issue, living creatures need their bodies to mantain very specific temperatures in order to function. Animals need to keep their body temperatures under fifty degrees so breathing super hot ifre would destroy their bodies, dragon have very specfic mechanisms that allow them to breath fire, basically if it breaths fire it is a dragon not a dinosaur, also canivourous dinosaurs are feathered. Second I did say that large dragons could easily be bigger than a city not all dragons will be that big but large ones certainly can, also dragons tend to be fireproof.

9314490
Or someone might find ways to genetically engineer dragons into existence, a little splicing in of the right genetic markers could give us fire-breathing reptiles.

Great Chapter! GOOD STORY! Now I gotta give my opinion on the story as a whole. So sorry beforehand....

Well I wish there was more dominant Spike in the story, and I wished the clop scenes had more details while being longer. I did enjoy the way Chrysalis and Spike interact with each other. If only we had more of it. Really that's the feeling I got from most of this fic. Clop wish there was more. Romance is there, but I wish we got more romance building. Why did they fall for each other? Besides the sex. What about Chrysalis caught Spikes emotional eye. Besides her being vulnerable and in her heat.

We know Chrysalis's reasoning, and that's it. She told her self since she was a child that who ever or whatever she mated with would be for life. But, besides that we don't know what characteristics of Spike she fell in love with. His kindness? He didn't really help her. His compassion? All he really did was listen. Don't get me wrong sometimes listening is all you need to do. But that's just the bare minimum of compassion. Compassion is offering a shoulder to cry on, a voice to bring you back from the edge. A hand to hold during hard times when you feel alone. And, I didn't feel any of that. Which is a shame because you gave them such good chemistry. Honestly this story probably should've had 6 to 7 more chapters dedicated to Spike and Chrysalis building their relationship.

So we could actually see them fall in love. It's almost like you focused on everything else besides the emotional feelings and connections of the main characters. Or you took the time that should've been dedicated to that and focused on world building. Which was great by the way I really loved your take on changeling and dragon culture. Even if you did kinda just throw it away. Which I'm giving you a pass on Chrysalis for the most part. But I mean honestly Chrysalis went from someone, who would suck off her drake in front of an audience, while being completely naked and exposed. To blushing at the idea of people talking about her naughty dreams or seeing her in lingerie. What happened to confident Queen who talked about fucking her mate in front of other dignitaries.

Then there's Spike so many things you could've done with Spike. You already stated that Male Dragons tend to dominate a female that's ready to mate. Yet nothing came of it. It's a well known fact that Dragons are possessive of their things. Yet a perfect opportunity to have Spike release his primal nature when a pregnant Chrysalis was struck. A Chrysalis who was pregnant with his children at the time of being struck and or blasted repeatedly. Don't get me wrong I get why you did it the way you did. You wanted to show that Chrysalis was willing, and wanting to prove she changed by getting beat. But it was the perfect opportunity to dive in to Dragon Culture or psyche.

That I'm actually jokingly up set you didn't take it. The Scenario could have gone like this Twilight, Spike, Cadence, Shining Armor and who ever else were in the Twi's castle. Shining, and Cadence are having an argument about trusting Chrysalis. While Twilight and Spike talk about certain things he's observed about Chrysalis. Chrysalis walks in the room, Shining armor walks over strikes her pow. Spike sees this knowing that Chrysalis is carrying his kids, and something primal takes over the Dragon instinct to protect their nest or eggs. And Spike runs over knocking, throwing, or punching Shining out of the way as he stands over Chrysalis protectively. Cadence runs to Shining's side to check on him he's fine just a lil dazed, wasn't expecting to get blindsided. Twilight stands up shocked by her lil brothers outbursts, only to notice the beastly look in his eyes.

Spike wraps his tail around Chrysalis as he scans around the room for any other potential threat to his young. Fire licking at his clenched maw and with every exhale comes billow of smoke. Chrysalis finally realizing what happened trys to calm Spike down. By telling him she's fine she expected that type of reaction from Shining Armor. Twilight also finally comes from her shock and also goes to Spike to help calm him down. Spike finally comes too the last few seconds or minutes a blur. He looks around confused the last thing he remembered was seeing Chrysalis getting hit. So he immediately checks on her and after making sure she and most importantly the lil ones inside her are fine. He noticed the shocked stares he's getting from every one, and asks why's everyone looking at me.

When Twilight tells him what he did and he's shocked. He immediately spots the currently prone Shining and starts to apologize profusely, saying how he doesn't know what came over him. And he rushes over to help Shining up. Shining while checking Spikes eyes for any hint of mind control. Tells Spike not to worry he's been through worse during Royal Guard Training. Chrysalis do to her emotion reading can tell that everyone besides Spike is now suspicious of her. She sighs and says this isn't how I thought today would go.

Then you continue the story as normal from there. But, you have Spike Unconsciously staying next to Chrysalis. As she gives them the big reveals. Which includes her being pregnant. Twilight who knows a little about Dragons. Knows they're very defensive of their eggs and young. And what happened with Spike was his draconic instinct to protect his unborn children. She says that out loud. Which slightly eases the suspicion around them. Chrysalis and Twilight then dive into a discussion about Dragons and Changeling. Which follows the rest of the plot as you put.

Like I said man don't get me wrong I like your story it's good. It could be better most stories could be better. But very few have as much potential as this story did. But that might just be my bias opinion since I really love Spike x Chrysalis fics. And there aren't that many good quality ones. Which this is.

didn't give a specific time for the for the visit, [repeat words ]
Discord could just poof everyone her in an instant, [ here ] Don't you just love spell check.

Login or register to comment