• Published 13th Apr 2015
  • 6,284 Views, 28 Comments

Taking Care - Arwhale



After suffering a back injury, Big Macintosh returns to work at Sweet Apple Acres. But after he comes home late yet again, he begins to see how he is taking things a little too quickly... and how he is not the only one hurting because of it.

  • ...
13
 28
 6,284

Perfume

Ten minutes later, they were wide open once again.

From where Big Mac lay, he stared at the headboard of the bed. No matter how hard he tried to relax, his thoughts continued to drift. Closing his eyes only seemed to make it worse.

Now that he had become used to the darkness, his eyes began to wander. Granted, there wasn’t much to look at from his position, but he focused in on the heart-shaped pommels on the top of the bedposts as though he were subjecting them to intense study. But in reality, his mind was broiling.

He planned out tomorrow morning in his head. What he would say, when he would say it… and it made it impossible to get to sleep. With regret, he bit his lip.

He should have woken her up. He would have groaned, but it would have been too loud.

Frowning, he quietly moved his head so that he was looking over to his sleeping wife. All it took was one look, and in an instant, any notion of waking her up melted away. Fluttershy lay still, the covers pulled up to her neck. Her face was turned away, and through the blanket he could see her ribs rising and falling in a gentle rhythm. Peaceful…

But just then, he noticed something. Gradually, the furrows on his forehead deepened into valleys, his brow creasing downward as his eyes locked onto something peculiar, something out of place… Her ear, perked up through her thick mane, standing up straight as the promontory peak of some lonely mountain in the midst of a wavy pink sea. It was angled in his direction.

If Big Mac had been still before, he was stiffer than a wooden plank, now. His pupils, already wide from the dark, opened to twice their size. Watching more closely, he noticed her ear make the occasional twitch from side to side, like a satellite being given a slight adjustment. His breathing stayed level, but his mind was racing.

He swallowed. Although this time, he made sure to make himself as loud as possible.

Fluttershy’s ear twitched again in response. His heart beating a little harder, he brushed his foreleg over the bed, the friction between his hoof and the sheets and causing another soft noise. Her ear twitched again.

Big Mac held in a breath for a moment, scanning over her body once more. His mouth opened, but then fell back shut. Then, it opened again for a second time.

Then, he whispered, eyes still locked onto her ear, “Fluttershy?”

No sooner had he mentioned her name that her ear moved again. Only this time, it flopped back down, pressing itself tightly against her head. Big Mac’s heart did a little leap in his chest.

“Fluttershy?” he repeated, moving up from a whisper to a soft utterance. “Sweetheart? You awake?”

He watched and waited. The bulge in the bed did not move, not even in the slightest. For a moment, Big Mac wondered if she really were asleep. Or if he’d woken her up…

The bulge her body made under the covers seemed to deflate like a balloon as a defeated sigh escaped her. Then, she spoke.

“Yes…”

Her tone was like that of a foal who had been caught with their hoof in the cookie jar. Big Mac cringed slightly, not sure whether to be relieved, or apologetic.

“Oh. I… I didn’t wake you up, did I?”

He heard her expel another sigh, even longer than the first. “No… I-I’ve… I can’t sleep.” She squirmed, readjusting her head on the pillow. “I… I-I thought you were asleep, though…”

Big Macintosh smiled ruefully. He shook his head, wrinkling the pillowcase.

“Nope. I can’t either.” He scooted a little bit closer to her, wincing as the muscles in his back tightened up into a knot with the movement. “Been awake since I walked in.”

He draped his hoof around her shoulder. To his surprise, he felt her pull away slightly, scrunching up her forelegs more tightly under her chin. Feeling her tense up, Big Mac pursed his lips together.

“Everything alright?” he asked. His hoof traveled up and down the bulge in the covers, rubbing her softly through the fabric barrier. He didn’t demand an answer from her, letting the silence wash over them.

Fluttershy, meanwhile, was motionless as a rock, and about as stiff. Big Mac could feel her breathing quicken under his foreleg, and he nestled his head into her mane. This caused her muscles to tense up even more, as well as her wings to unfurl at her sides. He curled his bottom lip.

“Fluttersh—?”

“No.”

Before he could say her whole name, she at last responded. The word seemed to electrify the air around them, and her blunt reply was all it took to make the hairs on his mane stand up. Fluttershy's repeated herself. “Not really…”

And just like that, it was finally out. The bombshell had burst. While he couldn’t see her face, Big Mac could hear her begin to sniffle, a sound that was unmistakable. He closed his eyes.

“Oh. Well… I’m sorry,” he said, more out of condolence than as an apology. He wasn’t sure what to be sorry for just yet, anyway. “Do you… want to talk about it?”

Fluttershy wiped her snout, sucking in a sharp breath through her nose. She shook her head.

“I… No, no… it’s alright. It’s no big deal.” She pushed herself deeper into the blanket. “Don’t worry about me, Mackie. Just… forget I said anything, okay? I’m alright…”

Big Mac saw her retreating further into her cocoon. He peeled the blanket back down her frame, exposing her head and neck and preventing her from hiding away. She sucked in a sharp breath, her whole body going rigid with apparent fright as he lowered the blanket. Big Mac noticed.

“No, no,” he whispered. His hoof continued its soothing caress over her withers. “I can’t just forget, sweetheart. You can talk to me, it’s alright…”

“…No."

For a moment, the silence in the room was like a dense fog draped over their heads. Even the sound of quiet breathing seemed muffled. Her face contorted into a grimace, something which made Big Mac’s heart thump wildly in his chest.

“I… what?” he asked, incredulous. He already knew very well what she had said, but the shock of it made him raise his eyebrows. Fluttershy sucked in sharply through her nose, grasping the sheets with her forehooves tightly.

“I said, no.” While she didn’t raise her voice, the irritation was quite clear. It was a tone of voice Big Mac seldom heard from her; it was rare enough that it made his rubbing hoof freeze in place on her withers. He gulped.

“Oh.” He bit his lip. “I… are you s—”

“Yes, I’m sure.” She cut him off before he could finish. “I feel like I've already talked to you before…many times already. But…”

Fluttershy stopped herself mid-sentence. In the silence, Big Mac waited with anxious expectation, both ears perked straight up and angled toward her. His pulse pounded in his eardrums.

But unfortunately, she left the sentence hanging. With a shuffle of her back hooves, she rolled herself further over, and Big Mac’s hoof to fall with a plop onto the bed. She sighed like somepony who had admitted defeat.

“…I…just… just don’t worry about it,” she repeated. Her voice no longer carried with it the same irritation as before. Instead, it was timid, apologetic. “Sorry, I… I’m fine. It’s fine.”

Big Mac felt the hairs on his mane prickling. An icy chill snaked down his spine, which made him draw his hoof back into his chest. Fluttershy continued to look the other way. A bead of sweat trickled down his brow, and he felt his hooves getting clammy with concern. He swallowed hard.

It wasn’t fine. She knew it, and he knew it. He mustered up the courage to speak once more.

“I-I’m sorry, Fluttershy.” His voice was a whisper. He placed his hoof where it had been on her back, a gesture she did not shy away from. “I don’t… I don’t know what I did, b-but…”

“No, no…” Fluttershy shook her head to dismiss his worries. Her voice was louder than before, but the irritation was no longer present. “You didn’t do anything. I-It’s…I’m just… I’m just thinking about myself too much, is all.”

Big Mac’s eyebrows practically flew off of his head. The idea of Fluttershy thinking about herself too much, of all things, sounded absolutely absurd to him. His grip around her withers tightened, and he leaned his head further in.

“Thinking ab… what do you mean?”

He rubbed his cheek against the back of her head, inhaling the sweet-smelling perfume as he did so. Even through the blanket, he could feel her starting to shiver. She sighed.

“I don’t want to talk about it, Mackie.” A delicate hoof went up to wipe her eyes. “I… I don’t want to make you upset…”

“What makes you say that?” Big Mac’s voice dripped with concern. He ignored the ache in his back and propped himself up against the headboard. “You can tell me, Flutters. I promise I won’t get upset with you, no matter what it is…”

He made sure to keep his voice soft. There was no demand for an answer; he let Fluttershy quietly consider his proposal, not pushing any further.

For a while, the room was so quiet that Big Mac could hear his own heartbeat. For good measure, he resumed stroking up and down her side with his hoof in a massage, coaxing her to come out of her blanket shell.

Finally, she moved. Slowly at first, but the lump in the bed gave the appearance of a butterfly squirming around inside its chrysalis as she rolled over. Big Mac withdrew his hoof once again and scooted back, ignoring the pins and needles in his aching back from the movement. Fluttershy was now lying on her back, and she cleared her unkempt mane away from her face. She stared up at the ceiling, and gave a shuddering sigh.

“Okay,” she conceded with closed eyes. “Okay. If you really want to know.”

She clenched her teeth. Big Mac kept his mouth zipped shut as she began.

“I’m… frustrated.” She said the word in hushed tones, treating it like it was a curse. "Alright? I’m… I know I shouldn’t be, but I am. You…”

She took in a deep breath and sat up next to him against the headboard. Her front hooves kept her bottom half covered, but her wings were freed from their fabric cocoon. Fluttershy didn’t look over to him, opting instead to fix her eyes on the wall in front of her.

“….I feel like you’re never here. That you’re never home,” she said. “And when you do come home, you’re always so tired. You come home so late, and…”

For the first time, she turned her head to face him. Big Mac fought the urge to rear his head back, deciding to meet her eye to eye instead.

“…I know your back isn’t fine. You always tell me it is, b-but it isn’t. It’s getting worse.” Her eyes glimmered with fresh tears. “And I know you’re a hard worker, and that you always want to do your best, and that you have a lot of work to do…”

Big Macintosh could hear tremors in her voice, something which she resisted actively. Taking a moment to calm herself down, she spoke with her head low, wiping her eyes with the sheets.

“… and I understand that. I do. But you’re hurting yourself, Mackie. The doctor told you to take it easy after that tree branch fell on you, but… you didn’t listen.” Fluttershy’s shoulders sagged downward. “I don’t want you to hurt yourself even more. I've tried telling you, tried to get you to take it easy, but you keep saying you're fine. And I know it’s selfish of me, but…”

The self-doubt was creeping in. Big Mac could see her lips quivering, and the air around him turned to an icy mist. The chill bled through the covers.

“…I want to spend more time with you. But I… feel like you’re away, even when you’re here.” Her voice raised in pitch until it was just above a squeak. The admission made her lower her head out of guilt and shame. “And lately, I’ve been trying to do things to make you feel better, to maybe get you to... just relax. Take a break. O-or maybe make you want to… you know.”

Had the room been any darker, Big Mac would not have noticed the shade of bright red that flushed her entire face. He could practically feel the warmth radiating from her skin, and feeling it, something clicked in his brain. His jaw went slack.

The sweet-scented perfume. The way she’d looked at him when she offered him a massage, and the way she’d stood in front of him with her front legs crossed in a meek modeling pose. It all made sense, and what was more, he hadn’t even thought any of it to be strange or out of place until now. The veil of ignorance lifted, his eyes went wide with realization…

And the pain from his back went right to his heart.

“I’m sorry, Mackie. I know I’m just thinking about myself,” she said, wiping traces of mascara that had dripped down her face. “I know you need to help your family, a-and I know I’m just getting worried and anxious when I sh—”

The words died in a sharp intake of breath. Before she could finish, she felt something take a hold of her by the shoulders, lifting her bodily up from the bed.

Big Mac pulled her in close, wrapping his massive forelegs around her and ignoring his back's protests. He was careful not to press too hard against her wings, instead sliding his right hoof underneath the feathers while he cradled her head in his left. He brushed it through her long mane.

“No, Fluttershy.” A tremor underlined his voice. “Don’t be sorry. You ain’t got anything to be sorry for…”

His soft whispers reached her ears through her mane. For a moment, he felt her body go rigid against him from shock. But as his hoof rubbed up and down her back, he felt her relax, her wingfeathers fanning out over his fetlocks as he rocked her from side to side.

As soon as Fluttershy relaxed, Big Macintosh felt her chest heave against him in a sob. He hugged tighter.

“I’m so sorry, Fluttershy. I’m the one who’s been selfish. Not you…” He kissed her on the side of her neck. “I’m sorry I made you feel this way…”

He tried to soothe her as her crying amplified. He couldn’t see her face, but he could feel the hot tear droplets running down his chest. She melted against him, and he continued to plant kisses on the nape of her neck. Fluttershy was hard to understand through her cries.

“It’s okay…” Her foreleg slid out from between them and hugged him back. Big Mac felt a wave of pain from her grip, which was surprisingly strong, but he did not care. He let her hold onto him. “It’s okay, Mac…”

She rubbed the side of her face against his chest. Big Macintosh returned the gesture on the top of her head, breathing in the sweet perfume in her mane.

“No it ain’t,” he said. “It’s not okay. Oh, I’m so sorry, Fluttershy…”

Minutes went by. Fluttershy’s crying gradually died down until it was so quiet that the breeze outside sounded like howling against the cottage walls. Her warm breathing dried the tears that had dripped onto his coat.

Until, at long last, he let his hooves fall away from her, setting them down on either side of himself. With no one holding her up anymore, Fluttershy slumped back and sat down on the mattress, her tail scrunching up against the headboard. Big Mac regarded her with an apologetic stare.

With so much time to gather his thoughts, he still struggled to find the right words.

“You’re right, Fluttershy,” he said with a somber frown. “You’re right about my back. I… It’s not getting better.”

His front hoof played with the corner of the sheets as he spoke. Fluttershy’s head was low, but her eyes were looking straight at him from beneath her disheveled mane.

“I haven’t been honest with you. And I never realized how what I was doing was making you feel. How… frustrating that must be, to watch me gettin’ worse and worse. How much you must have been worried about me… But even more than that, I… I…”

He winced, his brain fighting frantically to think of what to say. When the right words did eventually pop into his head, he continued.

“I didn’t realize how… alone, you were feeling. Like I wasn’t ever home, or that I didn’t want to be around you, o-or anything like that. I love you, so much, and I’m so sorry that I ain’t shown it lately.”

Mac blinked slowly, taking a pause to collect his breath and keep his emotions in check. Then, he looked up from the bed, and his hoof ceased playing with the sheets. “C-Can you forgive me, Fluttershy?”

His eyes glistened with the light of the moon that streamed in through the bedroom window. The wait stretched on for what seemed like half the night, his heartbeat pounding in his ears.

For a time, he wondered if he had said enough, or if he had maybe said something wrong. Every second she didn’t say anything compounded the nervousness he felt, and for a brief moment he wondered if he should try and say something else…

But then, to his great relief, she nodded. Her hoof brushed her mane out of her face.

“Yes.” A quivering, simpering smile showed itself on her features. “I forgive you, Mackie. I forgive you. But…”

The last word made Mac’s heart leap into his throat. Fluttershy must have noticed a change in his expression, because she was quick to lean back into him, nestling her head under his chin.

“…You have to take a break, Big Mac. Please,” she pleaded. “It doesn’t have to be tomorrow, o-or even the next day, but… please. I’ll…” She swallowed, here. “…I’ll even come by and help, if you want. I know I have a lot to do around here, but maybe I could wake up earlier. Then that way, I could go to Sweet Apple Acres first, and mmph!”

She got no further. Before she knew what was going on, Big Mac craned his neck back and, with a lurch, his lips closed around hers in a fierce, passionate kiss. Her eyes widened into saucers, and she inhaled sharply through her nose. But the shock only lasted for a second, and soon her eyelids drifted shut as she welcomed the gesture, returning the kiss with equal vigor.

Several seconds passed before he pulled away, leaving her panting for breath. He hugged her to his chest once again, a smile that could have turned night into day plastered onto his face.

“You don’t have to beg me, Fluttershy. I will. I’ll take a break,” he said, planting another wet kiss on the side of her neck. Her wings twitched at her sides in response. “And you don’t have to do any of that… oh Flutters…” He kissed her again on the same spot. “…I love you so much…”

Fluttershy gasped as he smothered her with more kisses, inching his way up to her cheek. She grabbed onto him, hind legs squirming slightly with the pleasant tickling sensation, and she felt as though her heart would burst out of her chest. It had been a very long time since she had seen him behave this way, and the feeling brought an overjoyed smile to her lips. She craned her neck around and kissed him back on the cheek.

Reflexively, Big Mac felt the velvety softness on his cheek and turned his own head around, meeting her lips with his own. He heard her moan with pleasant surprise into his mouth, and their lips smacked loudly together. Taking both of them lower, Big Mac gently pulled her down with him, landing with a small grunt onto his back with her lying on top. The impact made the pain in his back flare up again, but he kept the pain inside, tensing up his back to fight the burn until it went away. Fluttershy pulled away from him, panting like a dog.

“…You… okay, Mackie?” she breathed out, her head resting against his shoulder. Big Mac nodded. He buried his face in her mane in an affectionate nuzzle.

“Eeyup,” he replied breathlessly. “Fine… whew…”

Every breath Big Mac took smelled like smooth citrus, his snout surrounded by the wonderful, silky hair of her mane. He grasped a hold of it and pressed it to his nose, something Fluttershy noticed right away. She giggled in between gasps of air.

“Do… you like it?” she asked. Big Macintosh grinned broadly.

“Eeyup… it smells like heaven…” he complimented. “Where’d you get something like that?”

Fluttershy’s face beamed and blushed simultaneously. She closed her eyes as his hoof gave her scalp a loving massage.

“I… went to Rarity’s today. Asked her if she had any perfume you might like,” she said. Her face turned red with embarrassment. “She told me this was one that helped with… getting stallions in the mood, so… I took it.”

Big Mac could practically feel her cringe against him from embarrassment, tightening her grip on him slightly. His lips parted into a wide smile, and then, with a small chuckle, he kissed her on her smoldering cheek.

“Well… it worked.” He ran his hoof down her back, stopping when he reached the joint of her wings. His hoof traced up and down the bony ridge, causing them to stand stiff at attention. His reply caused a tiny moan to escape her, and she pressed herself tightly against him, opening her wingspan more to allow him easier access. “I’m sorry that I made you feel like you had to do that, though…”

Fluttershy’s breathing became more erratic with every stroke of his hoof. His breath felt pleasantly warm against her ear. She giggled softly.

“D-Don’t worry about it… Rarity understands…” The blush never left her cheeks. “I forgive you. Though I am sorry for… you know, revealing more private details to her like that…”

“It don’t matter, Fluttershy,” he said, quick to wave her worries away. His hoof caressed the base of her wing a little harder, drawing another cute moan from her. He smiled ruefully. “I know she’s your friend. ‘sides, I probably deserve it, anyway…”

Trailing off, his hoof traced further down her back in an electrifying line until it rested on her cutie mark. Big Mac felt the muscle beneath tense up, and he massaged the spot like firm dough. Fluttershy’s head popped up from the bed, meeting him eye to eye. He grinned mischievously.

Not a word was said between them in that moment. Not a word needed to be said. Fluttershy’s wide eyes lidded over, and in a moment, a cheeky grin of her own spread across her face. His hoof still rubbing her flank, she leaned in until her mouth was right beside his ear.

“Lay back and relax, Big Mac,” she whispered. His ear twitched. “Because tonight, I’ll take care of everything.”

Even with the bedroom door closed, that night, Angel bunny found it hard to fall asleep.

Morning was not hasty in its arrival. The sun inched lazily over the horizon like a tired foal rolling out of bed on a school morning, its light glistening off of the dew on the grass like tiny crystal mirrors.

The rays of sunlight crept in through the window of the cottage, slicing the embracing pair of lovers in half. The sharp line gradually strayed upward until the heated beam came to rest on Fluttershy’s face.

Her eyelids flickered as the light flooded in. With a sigh, she opened them up, but not before blocking the incoming light with her foreleg. When she lifted her head, she realized with a blush that she was still lying on top of Big Mac, right where they had ended up from the night before. His forelegs held onto her around her withers and farther down her back, framing her drooping wings, and strands of her sweaty mane trailed down onto the mattress like little wavy ribbons.

But most of all, she saw his face. His eyes were closed and content, and his lips were curled upward into a tiny smile of satisfaction. She smiled back down, and turned her head to look at the clock.

Half past nine. With a happy sigh, she rested her head back onto his chest. Her smile grew wider.

So did his.

Author's Note:

So, I would have rated this T, but the story failed moderation with that rating, so I had to change it to M. Just so you all know. Rating changed to Teen. Now it will probably disappear into the abyss, never to be seen or heard from again. :twilightblush:

Anyways, I hope you all enjoyed! I won't say that this is my finest work, exactly, but I think parts of it turned out pretty well. Let me know what you think in the comments below, and feel free to offer constructive criticism if you want!

Comments ( 26 )

Not sure how this earned 5 downvotes. It was charming and romantic. There was a lot of Mac and Shy awkwardly avoiding talking to each other, but that's just the nature of the characters. Have a Like.

5860681

I'm thinking some of the downvotes might be the ship. Discoshy/Fluttercord is way more popular right now, after all. :twilightsheepish: There could be other reasons for it, too, though I wish the people who downvoted it could tell me what they didn't like about it. I'm sure there are things they could bring up.

Thanks for reading, and I'm glad you enjoyed it! Thanks a lot for your comment(and your like!).

5860681

Though, I won't lie... it is a little frustrating to see that many downvotes right from the beginning like that. I know this is a mature-rated shipfic, and I have no issues with people wanting to downvote my stories if they feel so inclined, but... it kinda feels like some of them didn't even read it. :ajsleepy:

But oh well. That's life. You read it and enjoyed it, and that's what matters.

I personally have no idea what those who down-voted this. I found wrong with it, except maybe the shipping choice (which I personally love, by the way). This was a well-crafted story with a no visible flaws...not even a spelling or grammar error that I noticed for ponies' sake! It was loyal to the characters' personalities, and was actually well-structured and paced unlike so many stories on this site.


I loved this one - it had heart and a charming quality to it that literally made me 'd'aw'. For that, have a like and fave, Oh, and one of these for good measure. :moustache:

5860892

Thank you so much! I'm glad you liked it!

This actually failed to pass with a T rating? I've read many T rated stories that were 20 times more explicit then this.

shipping politics, man. I swear some people are only rating based on the character tags. I thought this was a wonderful little story. Very concise and very emotional and just the right amount of sexy. Two thumbs over. :moustache:

5861073

Yeah, I didn't really get it, either. Didn't want to dispute it, though.

5861335

It's okay. I'm a little bummed about it, but I can sorta see why people downvoted it. It's not super explicit, and there isn't any actual clop in the story despite the fact that it's rated M, and as such people probably shot it a downvote when it wasn't what they expected.

I'm still a little ticked that this didn't pass with a T rating, though. I feel like it kinda doomed this thing from the start in terms of votes.

5861073

Alright, so I got to change the rating of this fic to Teen, so now the rating more accurately reflects the content.

Well, I loved it. A little bummed out that there was no massage scene though, always liked those.

jxj

Not bad. Typically I like longer stories, but this is pretty good.

5860694 it always annoys me when people automatically downvote ships they don't like. No one's making them read it.

I certainly enjoyed this fun story. In just a few scenes you managed to build up a lot of tension between Macintosh and Fluttershy. Constantly I was wonder what the problem was exactly, especially if maybe Fluttershy had been cheating on him before he got home. The build up scenes were nice and even the exposition was well woven into the rest of the story. You implied a lot without really giving anything away, which is always a good thing in stories, and especially in fanfics. I got here when this story had an M rating so I'll admit that I was a little disappointed at the end, but it didn't take anything away overall. 10/10 would read again :D

5862419

Ironically enough, I had actually planned a massage scene, but I ended up cutting it for various reasons. Though I must admit that I do love massage scenes, too. :twilightblush:

5862517

I was sort of expecting it to happen with this story, in all honesty. I do agree that it is very annoying. And though there's no way of knowing whether or not they downvoted for those reasons, it sure seems like that had something to do with it. But oh well!

TDR

I know a number of people don't like clop and they seem to think every ship story lately is just that. The initial M rating might have had something to do with it too.

5862553

Thanks, glad you enjoyed it! I was trying to create an air of mystery for that first scene, and I'm glad it seems like I properly set the tone for the rest of the story as well!

I got here when this story had an M rating so I'll admit that I was a little disappointed at the end,

Honestly? That might partly explain why there's so many damn downvotes on this thing. :trixieshiftleft:

I'll admit it's not like my magnum opus or anything, but I still feel like it turned out okay. So I'm a little surprised by just how many there are. Oh well!

5862964

I think you're right. Guess I should have disputed the M rating at the beginning, but bygones are bygones. Don't have time to worry about that.

5863002 Never worry about a like/dislike ratio of your story, dude. Even if you're using it to measure what you did right or wrong anyone who has something worthwhile to critique about your story will say so. Besides, a 5:1 ratio ain't even that bad

This story is amazing. Every Fluttermac I've read has these two perfect people...err, ponies, in their perfect world together. Any conflict typically is external. This is the first one I've read in which the conflict is internal.

Well done. Smoothly written, brilliant tension build up (ok, that was an unintentional pun!) Excellent balance between romance, fluffy-ness, and a dash of sensuality.

That was a very sweet story, though I can not fathom why it failed moderation rated Teen. Unless there has been some editing after the fact.

This was very sweet. Both Flutters and Mac felt very real, both in character and in conflict. My only complaint is that you didn't take advantage of that Mature rating. :raritywink: Great story though! Have a fave. :twilightsmile:

Always happy to read more FlutterMac cuteness!!! :yay::heart::eeyup:

I just read this story again and i want more! This is the cutest best little story ^^ also i realy like your kind of writing, how you descripted this sun raising and stuff. I would like to see more of this. ^^

Wow. This was amazing. A very captivating story. I absolutely loved it! 😊😊

This was so loving and sweet. Love the bit of drama with Flutters feeling unloved. Glad Big Mac disabused her of that notion.

I just read this for the first time, and I'm sad that you had to trim out an explicit section. I would love to read that version. Even if Mac's back is hurt, there must be some way you can have him satisfy Fluttershy's frustration, both emotional and sexual.

Login or register to comment