• Published 8th Jan 2015
  • 3,143 Views, 84 Comments

Equestria Trainers' Society: Recruitment - Schorl Tourmaline



A unicorn by the name of Blank Slate is using his magic to get ponies to do things they normally wouldn't. Little does he know that his actions are being watched from the shadows.

Comments ( 14 )

and the little lecture doesn't show her as a nag? When at a party for someone's enjoyment they enjoy it how they wish

8143387

and the little lecture doesn't show her as a nag?

Takes one to know one, I guess. :pinkiecrazy:

She chews him out for accepting her challenge because it's a waste of time? That's basically implying she herself is a waste of time to engage with.

“You aren’t gawking.” Schorl said bluntly, “You are inspecting.”
“What’s the difference?”

One's brainless, one's not.

“Nothing difficult,” Schorl said, wrapping an arm around the earth pony from behind, placing her hand right over the mare’s cutie mark, pulling her close enough to make their bodies touch, hip to hip and breast to breast. “All I want you to do is tell me three things about this mare, be they important details, or minor observations.”

What are you planning?

“Anything at all?” he said jokingly, “Then could it be something as simple as Daisy here having pink fur?”

That's a damn good guess.

‘Whoopsie Daisy”

Who would hate their kid that much?

“Mr. Slate…” Schorl said, bending over to grab the earth mare, who was still recovering from her climax. “I’m sure you realized what I have done. You might have gotten every answer correct, but in doing that, and looking for the most difficult bits of information you could find, you failed my test.”

Eh?

”No, but you should have realized quickly that my challenge had no merit behind it. The goal was so devoid of meaning that there couldn’t have been any reason behind it. Still, you dove right into it, and went so far to give the most complex details one could only derive from looking at a pony, when all you needed was something as simple as her eye color to end the game. Unless you have intentions with this mare, and I really don’t think you do, then that’s far more information you would ever need about some random pony.”

... I see.

“It’s fine. It’s just one little ticket. What harm could it do?”

You'd be surprised.

Slate stopped his line of thought, and then chuckles at what he was doing. “I hate to say it, but Schorl may be right after all. I am being a bit too analytical about everything, aren’t I?”

Kinda, yeah.

Gonna have some real sexiness next time, so please forgive this little non-adventure.

It's cool, you probably have a plan for this.

8143387
Perhaps, but Schorl's point was that this didn't "seem" like nagging. Let's been honest though, anything point where you are negatively commenting on the actions of another can be seen as nagging. For example, like how you keep coming back to all my stories and even bother other people off site to nitpick everything related to this story and its setting.

8143721
To a degree, yes she is. Though, think of it like this. As the hostess, she can hardly join in the party herself with one of her guests just hanging out near the front door staring at what is effectively a piece of furniture, especially since it's clear Slate can't purchase a ticket. You have four choices in this scenario. 1)Just leave him there and join the party regardless, and risk the other members seeing Slate as an outsider for being weird and distant. 2)Wait with him and at least pretend that you are associating with him as he stares at one of the most boring things at the party. 3) Tell him directly to move along, which would cause some level of indignation to form. Or 4) Go out of your way to create a create a game that shows the issue at hand, which is admittedly a bit condescending.

Not of these are exactly "good choices", and Schorl isn't the one to put herself out for others, so choice two is right out. So is choice 1, as she would prefer that her member associate with one another. I mean it's a Society after all. Perhaps she could have just pushed him towards the rest of the party, and it could have been quicker (and saved a chapter) but Schorl is eccentric and imperfect, and would have seen this as an amusing way to press the point, speed things along, and keep them speed up, even if it results in a slight annoyance that she can effectively buy off with 100 gold coins.

Then again, this is all just an over analytical break down of the situation, and I'm probably wasting a lot of time just typing it all out :twilightblush:

8144253 yes well, you know how some people can't look away from car wrecks? I'm like that with bad stories

8144263
I can follow that line of logic. You do enjoy the average FoE story after all, so there is precedence to your statement.

8144280 actually I generally don't(see my previous comment on bad stories) I just don't find the concept as weak and nonsensical as so many commenters do, plus I think some of the complaints are pretty disingenuous and am aware that there's numerous other stories that allow Equestria to be defeated easily by some Villain Sues without the hatedom

and thinking about it, even if I did there are plenty of people who do, and Icertainly never wrote for them while hating them

8144253

Just because they treat them like furniture doesn't make them actual furniture. Is she really so obtuse that she thinks a scantily clad slave isn't interesting in the slightest?

8144404 maybe she figures a scantily clad slave just standing there is less interesting than one doing more. Or given her obsessions with dominance and control maybe she figures those who submit are only as interesting as furniture

8144471

If she doesn't think those who submit are interesting (in fact, the slave had not 100% submitted yet), then she's in the wrong business I'd think...

8144508 she can claim otherwise but it's probably about elevating herself

8144565
8144508
Actually, this is a pretty interesting topic. Is Schorl the kind of person who only takes interest in people when they challenge her? Does she see slaves that are tamed as less than slaves that are resistant? is such a mentality self defeating, as it means her hobby only leads to inevitable boredom? I think you two are on to something. :pinkiehappy:

will they be more story's like this one schorl tourmaline ?

Login or register to comment