• Published 1st Dec 2014
  • 10,743 Views, 202 Comments

The Night Sunset Shimmer Tried To Kill Santa Claus - Majin Syeekoh



Sunset and Santa have a run in.

  • ...
20
 202
 10,743

Stay Away From The Cookies!

Sunset Shimmer snapped awake when she heard a sudden bump seemingly come from above. She looked at Pinkie Pie, who was snoring in her bed. Pinkie Pie had been gracious enough to let Sunset stay at the Pie residence for the upcoming Christmas holiday, and she was grateful that the homeless shelter agreed to not give up her bed for the evening.

A few hours ago, they had been sitting around the table, eating all sorts of delectable foodstuffs and engaging in the holiday cheer. Sunset Shimmer was pleased that she was able to spend Christmas with a family, even if it wasn’t hers. She had heard so much about it on the television and radio and finally got to see what all the fuss was about.

But then she asked about Santa Claus, and the answer shook her to her core.

From what she had gathered from Pinkie Pie, Santa Claus was some kind of burglar who would steal your cookies and give you gifts in return. And Sunset wasn’t about to let that rapscallion abscond with any of the Pies’ cookies, oh no. Tonight, the cookies in this house would remain unmolested.

Her heart caught in her throat when she heard heavy footsteps emanating from the roof. She slowly unzipped her sleeping bag and reached under Pinkie’s bed. She visibly flinched when she heard a thud coming from downstairs, smiling when she lay her fingers on her prize.

From under Pinkie’s bed she pulled a sledgehammer, inconveniently heavy for a normal human. But Sunset was no normal human; she was a unicorn in a human’s body. She slowly eased herself up, hefted the sledgehammer in her hands, and sneaked out of the room. She took great care to creep across the hall and down the stairs, entering the living room at the bottom. It was then she saw the home invader.

Santa Claus, the cookie thief—eating one of the stolen goods right in front of her!

He was standing there, clad in red from head to toe munching on a cookie while looking over a list he held in the other hand.

Sunset Shimmer gulped.

All right, this is it. For all of the cookies in the world, you’re going down!

She tiptoed across the floor, steeled herself, and took a mighty swing right at his head. She did not expect what happened next.

Santa dropped the cookie and caught the head of the sledgehammer in his open hand, and the cookie froze in place.

“I thought I already dropped off your present, Sunset Shimmer,” he said, his voice taking on a tone that reminded Sunset of Princess Celestia’s.

Sunset’s body was awash in cold fear. “I live in a homeless shelter, you thief!”

“Is that so?” he asked. He took a few sniffs, then chuckled warmly. “You’re not from around here, are you?”

Sunset’s eyes popped open. “How the hay do you know that?”

“Well, for one, ‘hay’ is a rather uncommon expletive in this area,” he said as he turned around, still holding the head of the sledgehammer. “Plus, you reek of magic alien to this world.”

“Screw you!”

Santa arched an eyebrow. “Tell me... why did you attack me?”

“To stop you from stealing my friend’s cookies, you burglar!” Sunset growled.

Santa blinked, seemingly taking in what Sunset said. He then let out a low rumble of a chortle that morphed into a hearty belly laugh, leaving Sunset confused. “You mean,” he finally was able to get out, “you mean to tell me that you swung a sledgehammer at an immortal over cookies?

Sunset steeled her gaze. “Yes, you dirty ape. Now hands off Pinkie’s cookies!”

“Fine, fine,” Santa said, “I’ll leave your friend’s cookies alone.” Santa then lowered his head. “You know, many people have tried to kill me in my long years. Some for fame, others for wealth, and even more to try and gain my power. But you’re different.”

“How so?” Sunset said, wearing a snarl on her face.

“You’re the first one to try and kill me for friendship, however misguided your actions may have been.”

“What’s that supposed to mean, you jerk?”

Santa beamed. “Nothing. It’s just so rare that I see someone attempt something so foolhardy over a selfless act.”

“You’re not the first immortal I’ve met.”

“I suppose not. Well then, have a merry Christmas!”

And with that, Santa disappeared. Sunset followed through with her swing, throwing her off balance, and the half-eaten cookie dropped to the floor. Sunset steadied herself with the sledgehammer and looked around to notice that there were several presents under the Christmas tree that weren’t there before, including a small one encased in red and yellow wrapping paper that seemed to call out to her.

She lay the hammer on the ground, walked towards the tree, and knelt down, picking up the present in her hands. She noticed a small card taped to it labeled S. Shimmer. She opened the note and read what was written inside.

For proving that the magic of friendship extends beyond all sane bounds, even in this world.


—S. Claus

Sunset stared at the box, then ripped open the wrapping to reveal a small, brown cardboard box. She set down the box, opened it, and gasped.

Inside was a worn, red, conical hat with a white trim, which revealed itself to be some kind of animal fur when she picked it up. She placed it on her head and found that it fit perfectly. She hummed contently and headed back upstairs, proud of herself for protecting her friend’s cookies.


Sunset Shimmer woke up to Pinkie shaking her.

“Santa came! Santa came!”

Sunset blinked and shook her head. “That’s nice, Pinkie.” She neglected to mention that she had protected her baked goods from the robber. “How can you tell?”

Pinkie squealed. “Because he ate the cookies I left out! By the way, nice Santa hat, Sunset!”

Sunset’s eyes popped open as she snarled.

You filthy liar! I’ll get you next year, Kris Kringle!

Comments ( 196 )

Good ol' Sunset with the sledgehammer again. Great story, by the way. :twilightsmile:

Albi #2 · Dec 1st, 2014 · · ·

Well... once again I have no words. Except you're right, Santa is kinda a mary sue.

Majin Syeekoh
Moderator

5331644 Thanks!


5331647 Told you.

Oh, this gave me a good chuckle, yes it did. :twilightsmile:
Have a like!
edit: inb4 featured

A delightful story for those who remember waking up in the middle of the night hoping to catch a glimpse of Father Christmas! Thank you for sharing this pleasant read!

Majin Syeekoh
Moderator

5331670 No problem! Glad to please!

And then it is revealed Sunset sleepwalked and ate the cookies!

Majin Syeekoh
Moderator

5331674 That would actually be pretty funny.

In the words of a very wise Squidward Tentacles: "He's a jolly old prowler who breaks into your home and leaves gifts."

Should of used Pinkies other party canon ( 105 MM) :pinkiehappy:

Majin Syeekoh
Moderator

5331681 Indeed. I trust him about as far as I could throw him.


5331683 Nah, Sunset's a sledgehammer girl through and through.

5331685 That could get a little messy,:pinkiesick:

Moral of the story: Try to kill Santa for friendship and you get a hat.
majhost.com/gallery/Grymmoire/Reaction-Images/facehoof.gif
:rainbowlaugh: great little story

5331693
Did you not read the story? He caught it with one hand :trollestia:

AHAHAHAHAHAHAAH!

Majin Syeekoh
Moderator

5331720 Indeed. It's a lesson we should all take to heart.


5331723 Santa is best mary sue.


5331733 I'm glad that you enjoyed it.:twilightsmile:

5331723 The question I asked was / Could she use Pinkies other party canon (105 MM)
answer was "She's a sledge hammer kind of gal"


Yes I did read the story, :facehoof: AND ALL THE COOKIES WERE EATEN !:pinkiegasp:

Get with the program !:raritystarry::moustache::twilightoops::rainbowhuh::flutterrage::ajsmug::pinkiegasp:

Duh !

Well, that wasn't the strangest thing I've read today... Gonna give it a thumb.


Now I really wanna see pics of Sunny in Santa hats.

Majin Syeekoh
Moderator

5331781
derpicdn.net/img/2014/3/28/586944/large.png

Ask and you shall receive!

5331788 Thanks for catching the error!

I'm also glad you enjoyed the story!

5331803 *Gasps* It's like Christmas!

5331748 Oh! Also, congratulations! This story is my 100th favorite! Here, have a cookie!
media.giphy.com/media/CoWGqp7Q7mx8c/giphy.gif
media0.giphy.com/media/EKUvB9uFnm2Xe/giphy.gif
Oops.. Well, uh... Nevermind

Majin Syeekoh
Moderator

5331811 Darn you Cookie Monster!:twilightangry2:

Comment posted by funbrand deleted Dec 1st, 2014
Majin Syeekoh
Moderator

5331859 Nuuu!

I'll get you, Santa Claus, if it's the last thing I do!

5331864 You should get sunset in on that too :rainbowlaugh:

Majin Syeekoh
Moderator

5331872 Indeed I should.:rainbowdetermined2:

Santa's not the only one who got a hearty belly laugh out of this story! :rainbowlaugh:

By the way, I do believe this is the third story of yours I have favorited. I think I'll follow you now. :pinkiesmile:

Another fine tale of Sunset Shimmer being Super Silly! :pinkiehappy:

Majin Syeekoh
Moderator

5331907 Thanks! I'm glad you enjoyed it!

Majin Syeekoh
Moderator

5331908 ...I suppose it is.

5331926 Wait!
Sunset Shimmer and Supper Silly both spell out the initials SS!
:rainbowderp:
Illuminati confirmed!

Anyway.....great story! I love the part where the sledgehammer learns the true meaning of Christmas!
(Spoilers: It's cookies.)

Heh, I can imagine Sunset jokingly writing a letter saying she wanted to see the North Pole only to get exactly what she wanted. As for this fic it's quite funny and the combo of Sunset and Santa always seems to involve a blunt weapon. Namely her infamous sledgehammer which seems to be her weapon of choice in fanfics. Wonder if she could wield Mjolnir?

Majin Syeekoh
Moderator

5332003 Hunh.

I bet she could wield the power of Thor.

Santa: Be your bad girl self tonight, I'll be good to you christmas day
Sunset::twilightoops: I NEED AN ADULT, I NEED AN ADULT
Santa: I am an adult
Sunset:GAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH

I have no idea why I didn't expect something like this from you.

Son of a gun.

Majin Syeekoh
Moderator

5332127 I saw the picture in a Skype group and knew I had to write a story around it.

5332136
You're not even the first to use the art.

I thought you were better than that, Syeekoh.


5331781

Now I really wanna see pics of Sunny in Santa hats.

It's almost as if you haven't been paying attention to my recent avatars. :derpytongue2:

Majin Syeekoh
Moderator

5332177 I swear it just showed up on derpibooru this morning.

Honest.:twilightoops:

Majin Syeekoh
Moderator

5332193 You're right.

I should have checked to see if other fics were making use of it.

But at least I used it to great effect, right?

5332197
...I'm not sure I would call this great effect, honestly. It was mildly amusing. I think I enjoyed it more than the story I linked, but that's not saying too much.

It was... decidedly average.

Majin Syeekoh
Moderator

5332206 Well, average is better than bad, so I'll take it!:pinkiehappy:

Back at the North Pole...

Santa entered his workshop with an unusually stiff posture. As he marched toward his office, passing the many rows of tables with elves hard at work, another detached themselves from the group. Approaching him cautiously, the elf spoke to the immortal.

"Santa? Is everything alright? I haven't seen you this flustered since coca-cola used you for free advertising", the eld spoke nervously. Santa smiled down at the elf, though spoke quickly.

"I'm going to need parchment and a quill. I have a certain letter to write to a certain immortal". As the elf complied with his request, the jolly old man grumbled under his breath.

"Nobody fucks with my cookies".

Majin Syeekoh
Moderator

5332417 That's awesome.

Really? No one made the reference yet? *sigh* Fine, I'll do it.

I like your story btw.

Majin Syeekoh
Moderator

5332512 I saw that movie when it came out in theaters and I was very young.

And thank you.

Login or register to comment