• Published 5th Nov 2014
  • 26,701 Views, 5,268 Comments

A little loopy. - FaelaArts



Sweetie Belle gets stuck in a time loop.

  • ...
111
 5,268
 26,701

PreviousChapters Next
L65

“Excuse me Miss Fluttershy, I was wondering if you had anything that could help me attract animals.” Sweetie looked down, scuffing the dirt in front of the cottage with one hoof. Today she was playing the timid filly. Fluttershy was instantly beckoning her inside, pulling out some bitter smelling liquid.

“This is made out of some of the flowers growing around my home. It should attract most creatures with a keen nose if you only use a little. I assume this is for a dog or cat?” Fluttershy smiled gently, and for a moment a slice of guilt laced through Sweetie. Quickly shaking it off, she took the bottle, dabbing it on her fur lightly.

“Yeah, thanks Fluttershy.” Sweetie smiled warmly, and began to skip toward the door. Fluttershy watched with a shy smile. It was so adorable that Rarity’s sister had come to her for advice on Opal. Sweetie smiled as she took the path into Ponyville, and turned once she was out of sight of Fluttershy.


Stepping into the Everfree, Sweetie rapidly teleported to the clearing she had battled the Chimera in. Pulling out the small bottle of yucky smelling stuff, she poured it on a piece of tofu she had borrowed from town. Animals ate Tofu right? Sweetie wasn’t entirely sure what carnivores ate beside herself and meat. And, according to what she knew, tofu was not-meat meat.

So, pouring the entire bottle onto the tofu, she tossed it toward the edge of the forest, and waited for something to show. After five minutes, she scowled and pulled out something to read. Honestly, animals were so late sometimes. A shadow appeared, and she glanced upward, noticing a large beast had blocked out the sun, and was currently standing over her.

“What do you know, Cerberus. What are you doing out of Tartarus?” Sweetie smiled sheepishly as the three headed dog towered over her. Timberwolves and other such creatures, that would have been expected. But could she even defeat this guy? Standing up, Sweetie leapt out of the way as a paw swiped toward her.

Sweetie called upon her magic, protecting herself as heat sprung up around her. Looking toward one head, she saw its drool was actually lava. Blinking, she wondered what their teeth were made out of. Distracted, she was slammed into by the third head, and blinked as teeth crunched down, splintering her shield.

Wincing, Sweetie felt all her magic go toward her shield, glad she had updated that feature. Gritting her teeth, she pushed at the molar barring her freedom. Seeing no change, even when exposed to a fire spell, a stray spark brought her an idea. Making a spell out of her ice storm spell, Sweetie cast it at the tooth. A single ice spear emerged from her horn and hit the tooth.

As the head reared back and howled in pain, Sweetie saw the pit of madness that would lead to its bowels, and quickly levitated herself out of the mouth. Teleporting back down to the ground, she puffed, taking a moment to recover from her sudden ordeal. Would being swallowed alive count as ‘indoors’? Cerberus howled for a while longer, and then turned tail, vanishing into a portal that appeard from nothing. Grinning, Sweetie savored her victory.

Turning as something once more covered her in shadow, Sweetie’s eyes bulged out of her head. For there was a creature eating her tofu, but also looking directly at her. Sweetie had entirely forgotten this had been sighted close to the edge of the Everfree once. Three of its heads were facing her while one swallowed the tofu.

A Hydra. A freaking Hydra. It gave a roar the moment it finished the tofu, and charged right for Sweetie. Gulping, she crouched and prepared for a fight. Three heads dived for her, the fourth watching carefully. Great, this one had an intelligent head. Sweetie teleported, standing on the Hydra’s back, and began to cast her ice storm spell as the four heads turned toward her.

“Woah!” Standing on one leg, the Hydra balanced with its tail, sending Sweetie tumbling down to the grass. Softening her fall with a levitation spell, Sweetie stopped casting, knowing she wouldn’t have time to cast it. Concentrating, she sent out a torrent of flame, the Hydra shrugged it off, and two heads dived for her.

Teleporting, Sweetie began to run around the Hydra, calling upon her makeshift spell to send ice spikes at the Hydra. They cracked against its tough scales, and Sweetie growled in annoyance. Turning, she levitated herself up high into the air just as the third head dived toward her. Roaring flames sprouted from its mouth, heading straight for her.

Sweetie let her shield handle the flames, calling upon her magic to send lightning toward the fourth head. The fourth head howled in pain, and the other three glanced toward it. Teleporting back toward the ground, Sweetie saw she had now pissed off the beast. Knowing that was bad, she racked her brains quickly in the brief moment she had.

’Blade, blade, need to make a blade. Aha!’ Sweetie, in a stroke of genius, turned and ran toward the castle. Reaching the bridge, the Hydra close behind, she teleported inside and looked for a smashed window. Finding one, she pulled out a piece of the broken glass, inspecting the edge.

’Perfect.’ Hearing the roar, Sweetie turned just as the Hydra leapt over the gap, tail smashing the bridge as it vaulted over. Heads smashing through the castle, Sweetie protected herself with a weaker shield, avoiding the broken rubble. Breathing in, she dove toward the exit, the Hydra roaring at her.

Leaping off the cliff, Sweetie watched the Hydra follow her back up the mountain and to the clearing. Panting heavily, Sweetie turned, and glared at the Hydra. Levitating up the piece of glass, Sweetie swore to herself to make her goal not to kill it. Sure, it would be back next loop, but Sweetie didn’t want to add another life to her body count.

Teleporting past three of the heads, she sliced at its weak underside with the blade of glass. It howled in pain with each cut, despite the damage being comparable to thin cuts. The Hydra, whom Sweetie was currently under, stopped supporting its own weight, and slammed down on Sweetie.


Sweetie woke up in her room, ash surrounding her. There was also blood on her walls and ceiling, as if something had been sliced off to fit into her room. Sighing, she rubbed her forehead, and cast the shield spell to eliminate her headache.

Darn, I was sure I had it that time.' Sweetie pulled out her spellbook, and placed a hoof on it. Regardless, she was ready.

And she had learned a valuable lesson about not standing under beasts.

Author's Note:

35

PreviousChapters Next