• Published 2nd Sep 2014
  • 2,084 Views, 151 Comments

Desert Rose - Merc the Jerk



Spike joins Twilight and the girls to a diplomatic meeting in the conservative country of Saddle Arabia. There, he meets a woman more beautiful than he could ever believe. But, as he is soon to find out, every rose has its thorns...

Comments ( 17 )

5881250

Thanks! I'm glad you're liking it so far. It's a bit sillier than TLS was, but it was a nice change of pace when writing it with my collab partner.

And an amazing ending to an amazing story, as is wont to happen, it seems.
I look forward to more of your writing, Jerk.
~TOOWC

Yeah, great story. Loved every minute of it!

I have a story which has 600 likes, and i can honestly say it isn't 1/6th of the quality of this story, let alone any of your stories.

You ever read a long-ass mature fic and can't wait to get to the "good part", only to find the "good part" seems far too short and satisfying, and only then you realize the best part of the clopfic was the fic itself?

Yeah, me neither. At least, until I read this.

Excellent work as always, Merc. (or do you prefer Jerk?) Can't wait to read another fic of yours.

The epilogue is funny as all get out, but kinda detracts from the story as a whole.
But the story overall is of most excellent quality.

The end. I'm sad now, but I love it :pinkiehappy:
Nice, awkward virgin sex scene by the way, Spike felt really in character :p

A fulfilling ending to a great story. Into my 'best stories' folder it goes!

I'm kinda disappointed she didn't use the spell as well... but still a VERY good story, none the less

5882119
Thanks! I got plenty on site already, with more to come, haha. Don't forget to view my partner's stuff too. It's just as good.

5882474
Glad you liked it

5882593

I have a story which has 600 likes, and i can honestly say it isn't 1/6th of the quality of this story, let alone any of your stories.

Don't sell yourself short, mate. I'm sure they're great. And I'd argue my main issue is that I write to a very niche audience.

You ever read a long-ass mature fic and can't wait to get to the "good part", only to find the "good part" seems far too short and satisfying, and only then you realize the best part of the clopfic was the fic itself?
Yeah, me neither. At least, until I read this.

I'm actually garbage at writing clop, but feel that if I don't try to do it now and again, I'll never improve. But I'm glad the rest you enjoyed.

Excellent work as always, Merc. (or do you prefer Jerk?) Can't wait to read another fic of yours.

Merc is fine and dandy with me. And hopefully I'll have more on TLS's sequel soon. Thanks for reading!

5882755
I disagree a bit, it fits the lighter tone me and my writer buddy tried to weave throughout it. Plus it shows that while Spike has matured and grown up, that doesn't stop him from being a little goofy still.

5882919
Don't know, hadn't really thought about side-stories or anything. We'll see.

5883001
Glad you liked!

5883484
Appreciate you sticking with it.

5884590 Your works are, as always, astounding. I could stand for better detailing, but that is simply something for later revision.

Should you choose so, that is.

I would love to see a one shot that's kindof a '10 years later' kinda thing, and would definitely read it.

5884590 And when you say it like that, it makes me take that epilouge and think, "Hmm, maybe Spike just decided to channel Rainbow Dash and Pinkie for breakfast, just to see what would happen."

5889039
About 68, yeah. Like Schwarzenegger levels of fit, though. As for 5888870 I, uh, didn't really think about that, other than to say the raiders would of probably stolen most of the supplies fit to grab.

*sigh* Well, I might as well be honest. Admittedly I enjoyed the fic at first but towards the end it got excessively more sexualized and ridiculous. Characters seemed way too OOC at times, especially at the end. Merc, you're a great writer and I've enjoyed some of Flanagan's works as well but the latter half of this story took a big tumble for me. But whatever, you can't please everyone. Carry on, guys! :pinkiesmile:

6065570

Hey, no shame to you not liking it. I wanted to just kinda let loose and not do something so mature for onceā€”make a kind of juvenile story for fun. I didn't expect everyone to enjoy it for sure.

This needs a Sequal, Because in reading this story i Laughed, i cried,

Comment posted by Anon123 deleted Aug 28th, 2016

Loved the story. Very cool...

K...

Was up all night... going to work early. Lol

Login or register to comment