• Published 19th Aug 2014
  • 11,222 Views, 191 Comments

Spike Through The Heart - Golden Graham



Spike's grown up. Growing up comes with growing pains. And as he gets older, he starts seeing his friends in a new light.

  • ...
43
 191
 11,222
This story has been marked as having adult content. Please click below to confirm you are of legal age to view adult material in your country.

Confirm
Comments ( 42 )

Eh, seemed like plenty of substance to me.

Though you maaay have set up some future awkwardness for the Rarity and Applejack chapters. :pinkiehappy: I am now morbidly...morbily curious as to how you'll pull this off.

Looking forward to next chapter ... as for the harem epilogue? DO IT! says I.

AH!!! THIS is much less wrenching than last chapter!! Well done, thanks for the mercy on my feels. Spike now can fly well, and the CMC have been given some spotlight. All said and done, well DONE!! Now, as for Harem ending...Sweetie said it, "I ship it"! Anyway, looking forward to more great chapters and character development!

Well, it is about time Spike caught an actual break. With RD she can finally get through his head that what happened with Twilight and Fluttershy wasn't completely his fault. Maybe even get him to at least try to make up with them. It will be interesting when the other chapters come out.

at least rainbowdash is not pulling the twlight thing or the futtershy thing she is just playing it by the ear those two are not taiking to him

Fantastic read. Keep up the great work.

I thought this chapter portrayed Rainbow in an interesting light, one that I hadn't considered before. Although I can't help but hope she and Spike do somehow end up together despite her desire for an open relationship.

I don't think you should shorten the chapter length, while I know it's more time consuming on your side, I believe you currently put a lot of much appreciated substance into the characters and I'm worried you be forced to sacrifice for a lower word count.

I do think we need more positive character development on Spike's side though and now that this last chapter has helped him deal with his depression, I'm hoping to see some of that in the future.

Overall I thought it was well written and am looking forward to more!

5220423 we all are curious as to how it will be pulled off I say bring it on

Finally!!!! A end to a chap were Spike's heart isn't smashed.
Really enjoyed the read and I think you caught Dash's personality spot on.
And personally I prefer my chapters long (especially when they are this good) so no problem there. :pinkiehappy:

Using the CMC as a catalyst is a good thing, Fun read, characters ring true, I think Raritys going to go cray cray for the drake or kill him.:raritycry::moustache:

Charge on Drill Sargent :facehoof:

Oh thats hot! michaeljswart.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/Columbo.png Sweetie Belle got a crush on Spike? Maybe you could you know.

5220621
I am not sure what is already a long epilogue, but you sure did a good chapter here.
Things evolved as well; you did a great job. I really thought you would just repeat one night thing then rupture, which sickened me totally. Only you evoliu the story, and that's great! Every story has to evolve and change; static facts do not construct a plot. Differentiating the relation of Spike with each mares, making him something different for each one, you are creating a good story.
  Thus, it is not repeated. Characters are like people, they are different, so a character does not have an end or a sequence identical to another and neither will face there with the same feelings that others do.
No more, I noticed the leaves Sweetbelle (ooooh, she has a crush on the dragon). You should probably introduce a character outside the circle of the mane six, just so it does not look that Spike is just swimming around your friends. A character from the outside would be a good maturity in personality Dragon. I just find myself uncertain whether it would be better OC or another character from the show (had honestly imagined Trixie).
Nice work, keep it up.

I'm sorry am I the only one who's kinda pissed off? Is it too much to ask for one of these chapters to end happily and without ambiguity?

Well you've had my curiosity piqued for since I read the first chapter. I know I'm eager to see what future chapters hold. I thought it was neat how RD called it like she saw it.

I really enjoy the lack of angst here, strangely surreal after all the crap I've read over the year. Spike seems like he wants to just move on and forget his past wherever possible, which is actually realistic considering his circumstances.

This is a pretty minor thing, but I thought I'd point it out.

The word you want is "gleaned". Gleaning is what you do in harvesting to get all the stuff missed in the fields - it's usually done right before they turn the fields for the season. In southern California the farmers would let us glean the strawberry fields for free - you've got to hunt to find the crop, but you get great stuff because it's all at its ripest. Basically, the word is used the same way with situations - you glean from what you see and hear to get to the juicy stuff folks are trying to keep hidden.

"Gleamed" means that it was something shiny. :-)

Great chapter I definitely enjoyed the way this one went and stayed true to rainbows party girl no one colt/dragon lifestyle. And NOW that the CMC have been I introduced. Id love to see a CMC foursome or their own little chapter with each one getting a piece of the dragon. Maybe in a seperate fic since this is centered around the mane six.

5238705

Ahh, thank you, I did not know that. I thought the shimmery nature of the word "gleam" was meant to describe the flash of insight that comes from gleaning something. I have made the correction and will remember this distinction in the future. Thank you.

Longer chapters are almost always better. I read few stories with less than 7k words a chapters.

As for the dating sim comment, the first thing I thought of was a sun&moon motif for the text bar. The part of Spike's journey would be told off handedly depending on who you planed on going after. He should have at least two scenes with every mare, and maybe some combos of two-/three-ways; maybe Rainbow Dash/Fluttershy/Pinkie Pie or Twilight/Rarity/Sweetie Belle or Applejack/Applebloom.
There needs to be some kind of conflict.I don't really know what though. Something draconic is way over done but is the easiest to come up with. Its hard to imagine, but I guess some rowdy ponies accost Fluttershy or Pinkie and Spike steps in?

Anyway this is pretty good and I look forward to your next update.

I truly love this story

Love the story.
I hope to see more in the future (though I understand how fickle a muse can be)

This is one of my all-time favorite stories I've ever read, if not my favorite. I look forward to seeing moar content in this series!
*cough cough* more FlutterSpike

A very well written story, color me impressed.

Fluttershy and Twilight aren't going to like this if they find out. Also I bet it must be killing Fluttershy on the inside that she had to give up Spike, even though she allowed Twilight to have the right to end their relationship.

Twilight is ruining Spike's life because she can't admit her feelings. He had it good living with Fluttershy.

next should be AJ, pinkie, and rarity in that order

grrr im still waiting for this to continue! XD

An excellent story! Hope to see more soon!

Superb story! Update it, damn you.

Loved the story.

Can we please have some more of it?

Please don't give up on this story. This is beautiful. :pinkiesmile:

This is a very interesting story to read keep up a good work update soon. :twilightsmile:

can't wait for the next update

Golden Graham,to be honest this was so far one of the most pleasant fanfics I had read here. Such a nice story with a great mixture of topics and feelings. It would be great if you can continue and finish this fine work. Best regards! :trollestia:

Out of curiosity, how many drafts of these chapters did you do?

8440019
Not a lot, usually, unless a huge glaring error becomes apparent, or I decide to do a major change. I'll go through several re-reads along the way, and the length of the chapter and how quickly I'm able to write will effect how many rereads I give it before I submit.

8440370
Thanks for answering.

Are you going to continue this story? It's really good and it's also getting interesting. The first two chapters really pulled on my heartstrings but this one was very entertaining. Keep up the good work. 👍😎

Did you have an outline while writing this or just a general plan in mind?

How is progress on the next chapter going?

Just found this story, really liking it so thanks. its now 430ish in mornin here, guess i should have started reading this 1 sooner hahaha looking forward to the next chapter :) but i think my fav chapter is gonna be rarity lol i think this needs to end with a harem, but thats just me & what im hoping for lol
now tracking :) thanks again for the story

Login or register to comment