• Published 5th Apr 2012
  • 10,346 Views, 289 Comments

Prances with Ponies - Typewrittensoul

  • ...
20
 289
 10,346

Epilogue

"Hello? Is anyone here?"

"Just a minute! I'll be right...oh...h-hello...can I help you?"

"Uh, sorry, it's been a while, so I might be a little rusty...could you say that again?"

"Oh...oh my! I'm the one who's sorry, I didn't realize...it's just that..."

"This? Maybe I should have shaved, huh?"

"No, no, you shouldn't! I like it. It makes you look...distinguished!"

"Deese...ting...wished...?"

"Oh, um...I mean to say that you look very handsome."

"...well, if that's the case..."

"Oh, darn. This was all so sudden, I almost forgot to...I'm sorry, I know this might sound strange, but...could you close your eyes for a moment? A-and don't peek! A-and also, if you could take just a step backwards, that is, if you don't mind?"

"Hmmm? Ok, sure..."









"Is everything alright? Maybe I should...?"

"NO! I mean...I just need a moment...please, don't peek..."

"Ok, I promise I won't. Take as much time as you need..."

"...thanks."















"...alright...I think I can do it, now...you can open your eyes..."

"What can you do n-"

"Welcome back!"









---

Author's Note: The End

Picture used: Fluttershy's Happiness by johnjoseco

Comments ( 83 )

Beautiful story! :pinkiesad2:

Uh... Gah, I'm lost. What happened at the end? I confused.

I am a tad bit confused, but this was a great ending nonetheless... but what actually happened? Oh wait I get it now. I enjoyed reading this greatly, well done.

Well I'm thoroughly bamboozled.

Still, great story.

D'awwwww!
<insert the "why do books have to end" pic here>

oh god. nearly crying now. So much cute and happiness. I thought this would be a bittersweet ending but the epilogue made it for me. Aghhh this was just such a nice story and I hate to see it end, but you did a great job at finishing it up at a good time. This story is just amazing. Oh yah, I'm prolly gonna re-read the epilogue like 10 times XD

EDIT: The ending isn't confusing at all. Idk how it confused anypony... he went back to equestria and fluttershy probably killed him with cuteness.

Seemed a bit rushed at the end there.

But otherwise...

:twilightsmile:

Pretty good.

Manly tears were shed. The only complaint I have about this story is that it's complete now. :fluttershysad:
Thank you for taking the time to write this!

Nice ending. but still :fluttercry:.

Damn, this was beautiful :fluttercry:
I wish we had a bit more info here at the Epilogue, but its all good nonetheless.
I'm secretly hoping for a sequel, but i know there probably wont be one (dammit).

Yeah, I think the ending needs reviewing. Will there be a sequel or continuation?

So it ends... Now, will there be a sequel?

695536 695605
"Welcome back." Happy, teary-eyed Fluttershy. Language difficulties.
Do I need to spell it out for you two?

In any case, exquisite work. Loved every moment of it. Thank you for the piece. :yay:

Great ending to a great story! My eyes are a bit misty too. :fluttershysad:

696241

I was more talking about HOW he got back.

And how he got there to begin with for that matter. And what was up with that cottage they found in the forest.

696279 Oh, that. Transdimensional gateway and a red herring, if I had to guess.

Just read this twice, still not sure how I feel about it. It's kind of scattered really. Oh well it isn't horrible so that puts it a notch above the rest in the HiE genre.

695510
You are a demon with how you started reading as soon as I posted
695514>>695622>>695683>>695808>>695931>>696162>>696241>>696271
Thanks, thanks, many thanks
695524
I have no idea what that reaction means
695881
yep
695795>>695960>>696279>>696290>>696295
I mades a blogs
http://www.fimfiction.net/blog/34881

413593 your picture.it..........speaks to me.

Fin

Another great story comes to a end, and like all the great storys I have read I only have one thing to say.
"Thank You"
~Fin

The only thing I dislike is the Epilogue. It seems...hollow. How did he get back, how long has it been, what has Fluttershy been doing? Something.
Beyond that...Excellent story. I especially like the idea of a language barrier, very plausible indeed. The dual storylines was a very nice touch too.
8.5/10

698172
HAHAHAHA...fixed.

698727
You can read my Afterword blog

698959
Thanks

Amazing story mate.

699165
Did you just thank me for a comment i made for a diffrent story?

Dang, this was a really good story.
(Chapter called "Amazing Stories" - that's really what this fic reminds me of, actually. It was just like an episode of the old TV show.)

But you know, it took me months to get around to reading this.
When I saw it, I figured it was one of those goofy stories like "The Cosby Show:Pudding Is Magic" or else a name-swapped storyline from "Dances With Wolves."

But then it wasn't.
Nevertheless, I think the blame for this one is squarely upon you, the author, and not me.
Kevin Costern in "Prances With Ponies"
Totally your fault. :trollestia:

750590
>Kevin Costner
>Compare filmography to chapter titles
>:trixieshiftright:

753735
Huzzah

753706
It did not escape me.
And it also made me go like :unsuresweetie:
BUT fortunately I overcame my lingering doubts and was afforded a nice fic for my efforts. Huzzah.

Good story, disapointing ending. I don't think you ended it at the right time. :pinkiesad2:

A truley sweet as well as touching story, thank you for writing it.

773276
I think so too. Which is why I'm making a sequel. Thanks for reading!

812967
I remember learning about that in my Bio class

851289
Teehee.

861979
Thank you even more for reading it!

863067 :pinkiehappy: Oh and, by any chance, base the name off of 'Dances With Wolves'? And I am alos a tad confused with this turn out. So, the ponies are a figment of your (Kevin is you, right?) imagination? Or is there some kind of invisible portal that takes you between worlds?

Just read it in a marathon. Not bad at all.

987420
Why am I on kindle? WHY!? Ironically I don't know what you're referencing, haha.
988284
Imagine a clumsy filly giving your broken leg a hoof massage.

An absolutely wonderful story that I thoroughly enjoyed every word of. Thank you for writing it.

If this is a rendition of "dances with wolves" then I LOVE YOU!!AND THAT MOVIE!!:heart:
filmfodder.com/movies/specials/rob/121404/images/dances_with_wolves.jpg

Something magical has happened. Something very powerful.
With :pinkiegasp: and :pinkiehappy: in the ending.

1172031
Heheh

Spike sighed and rolled his eyes but nonetheless turned toward Dewey. All of a sudden he growled and grunted in a manner just like Dewey did, making him widen his eyes as well, "Haalvut Faal Lok Voth Hin Staadnau Haal"

Dewey looked toward the other ponies then slowly raised his right arm then set it back down again.

--

“What do you mean 'understand'?

Dewey grunted and growled a few things to which Spike answered in kind.

"Wah Dreh Nu?"

"Faal Fen Do Hin Zul Dreh Haalvut Daar Dovah "

Twilight and Fluttershy both blinked at the ease Spike managed to sound just like Dewey, only in a higher pitched voice. “Well?” Twilight asked impatiently.

“He just wanted to know what was going on.” Spike replied in a casual way.

Who is Kevin Costern?

Upvote for random loves.

I'd like to believe that he wasn't gone long. Maybe a few months, at most a year. I'm glad you wrote this epilogue. I hate conclusions where the human leaves Equestria. GOOD STORY! Moderately good ending as well. The only other thing I disliked was the journal entry fashion of the story I prefer being there and living with the story and not just be reading a journal. Just a minor qualm.

so um... he learned equestrian and fluttershy can communicate with animals with equestrian sure the animals cant talk back but they understand the message. so does that mean he could talk to animals in are world? such as horses and what not, may seem a little random but it popped in my head.

on another note bucking amazing story!

I don't normally comment on anything on this website, but I thought I'd mention that I really liked this story. Thanks for writing it! :pinkiehappy:

1756595
I made sure to write whatever would give me feels if I read them for the first time.

1756947
There was a sequel but in the end it got too far away from the theme of this story. As for the journal dynamic, everyone has different story-mechanic preferences. No biggie.

1792751
Animal empathy is Fluttershy's talent, so her having animal friends doesn't necessarily mean that they understand all ponies. As a result Kevin knowing the local language wouldn't work in either case...though Harry the bear is great at pantomime.

1794888
For all the flaws I'm doomed to see in this piece, I thank you.

Login or register to comment