• Published 17th May 2014
  • 3,247 Views, 123 Comments

Aloe Pomme - Jeweled Pen



Rule 63 Aloe and Applejack romance. Is Aloe willing to risk revealing what he truly is in order to get the mare of his dreams?

  • ...
5
 123
 3,247

Returning Home

The next few days passed quickly, with Aloe spending most of his time nestled up in bed. Finally, his release came. He laid on his back as Nurse Redheart slowly unbound his hooves and smiled. “Well, this looks much better than it did. I take it you've been careful not to walk on them?”

“Of course,” Aloe said with a grin. Technically, zip lining wasn't walking.

“Good, now, this may sting a moment, but it'll go away.” She proceeded to put small white globs on his hooves. They tightened and stung his hooves, but after a few moments they formed into white, thick hoof covers. “These should allow you to walk fine until they properly heal. Just don't buck anything and come in for a weekly check up.”

“Oh... so it means I should go home?”

“For the love of Celestia please do,” the mare said, then cringed.

“What's that supposed to mean?” he asked, confused at such a harsh reaction.

She sighed. “Well, you and Lotus have been away for a few days now. Without the spa being available, we're constantly being hounded for massage therapy. We have one on staff, but we usually direct those ponies to you! Our masseuse is on the verge of quitting! Not to mention, apparently some pony found out about you getting hurt, now I get four or five calls a day asking if you're hurt. Half the time from the same ponies! It's as if they have no idea what patient/nurse confidentiality is!”

Aloe smiled. “Ponies are... are really worried about me? They aren't happy I'm gone?”

She shrugged. “You twins keep your prices respectable and offer a good service. I imagine everypony will be happy to see you two return.” She paused. “Most ponies, at least. I know our masseuse will be.”

He nodded, gently poking his hooves together. “So... I can get up?”

“Yep. You can walk as much as you like, so long as it's just walking.”

“Thanks!” He reached out and gave her a big hug. “If anypony asks, tell them we'll be back tomorrow! I can't wait to get back to work!” He let her go, face red. “Err, sorry. Got excited.”

Redheart shrugged. “You aren't the first to hug me after good news, and you won't be the last. Have a nice day, Aloe.” She picked up her bags and trotted away. “Remember, weekly check ups!”

“Yes ma'am!” he said happily before getting off the bed and preparing to dance.

“No dancing!” the nurse yelled, glaring from the doorway.

“Err, right. Eh heh heh...”

------

Applejack trotted towards the house, her mane and coat matted with sweat from the hard days labor. She actually felt pretty good, she'd been receiving massages from her new colt friend the last few nights and she was beginning to like the idea of having a masseuse around the farm. Caramel and Big Mac didn't have any objections either, since the twins were more than happy to do them as well. Even Granny Smith was becoming more spry with those two around to help with some proper exercises.

For now though, she was looking forward to cooking dinner then taking a long, comfortable bath. However, as she came closer to the house a delightful, but strange, sent filled her nostrils. “What in tarnation? Do yah all smell that?”

“Eeyup,” Big Mac said.

Caramel frowned. “Yah don't think Applebloom is tryin' tah gain her cookin'--” He let out a yelp as the other two ponies dashed inside. They stopped at the entrance to the kitchen, letting out relieved sighs.

Aloe and Lotus were humming softly as they chopped up vegetables, fruits and hay. Most of it when onto large plates, with an assortment of dips. The latter looked up and smiled. “Dinner will be ready in a moment. How about you three get upstairs and clean off.”

“Eeyup,” Big Mac said, before galloping off and laying claim to the first shower.

“Hey! That's cheatin'!” Applejack objected, slowly trotting up the stairs. “Second ones mine.”

“Awwww,” Caramel whined.

The three were soon showered and back down for dinner. The table was filled with small snacks to munch on while the twins finished preparing the dinner. They even had softer little bite sized pastries that Applebloom and Granny Smith just adored.

“Yah sure yah should be walkin' about, Aloe?” Applejack asked before downing a piece of broccoli. “What'd Redheart say?”

“As long as I don't gallop or anything, it'll be fine.” He paused and turned to them. “This is a special celebratory dinner. Now that I'm mostly better, I'll be heading home and getting out of your manes. So tonight, prepare for a meal of...” He looked back. “Well, actually you all eat really well normally. Prepare for a meal you don't have to make yourselves! Don't fill up on appetizers, we have a delectable meal prepared for you five.”

The twins got back to work, humming happily as the five shared looks of mixed emotions. After a few moments Applejack spoke up. “So, err, yah all plan tah leave immediately? Ah mean, you're all welcome tah stay if yah want. Yah two have been excellent guests.”

“No, we couldn't dream of impeding on your hospitality any longer,” Aloe said with a smile before looking at the timer. “You've all been so delightful, but there is so much hard work to do here, taking care of us couldn't have been easy.”

“Err, it really was no problem,” Applejack said quickly. “Yah all were wonderful. Weren't a hassle in the slightest.”

“Oh, you are too kind. But--”

“Now yah listen here, young'in,” Granny Smith snapped, slamming a hoof down on the table. “If mah grandaughter says yah weren't no hassle, it means yah weren't no hassle, yah got that?”

The twins hid behind a plate and nodded. “Y-yes Granny Smith,” they said in unison. The timer dinged and the two ponies quickly replaced the appetizers with the meal. A large casserole, a pot of thick stew and a number of small pastries filled with thick cream were placed on the table.

“Huh. Ah didn't think the two of yah knew how to cook things like this,” Applejack said with a grin. “Err, no offense.”

“It wasn't that hard,” Aloe said with a blush. “We know how hard you ponies work, so we had to make you something with plenty of filling.” They quickly began dishing everything out and the dinner talks began.

“So, yah all sure about headin' back? We wouldn't mind havin' yah around a bit longer,” Applejack said with a grin.

“Especially with those massages,” Caramel said with a sigh. “Ain't nothin' like workin' all day knowin' yah have one of those tah look forward to.”

Aloe giggled, “Well, I'll definitely come by to visit, and I'll be more than happy to perform those tasks. But we really should return. We've already been gone almost a week and we didn't have anypony we could leave in charge.” He let out a soft, disappointed sigh. “We really should find somepony who can run the shop when we're not around.”

“We don't usually go on vacation,” Lotus said softly, poking her hooves together. “Perhaps Silktouch?”

“Maybe, she... oh, ahhh, sorry. We can discuss all that later, no need to talk business at the dinner table,” the stallion said nervously.

“So, did they ever find the pony who bricked your shop?” Caramel asked.

The twins locked up. Aloe shivered. “I... I don't know. Lotus, h-have you heard anything?”

“No. I haven't gone back to town either. Did Nurse Redheart mention anything?”

“No... oh Celestia. Who knows what they did to the shop while we were away?” Aloe sunk into his chair and rested his head on his hooves. “The place could be burned down...”

“Now sugar cube, ah'm sure that's not what happened,” Applejack said quickly. “Don't yah worry, we can all go down their tomorrow an' see about fixin' anythin' that's gone down. If somethin' serious happened, ah'm sure Twilight woulda come an' got me.”

“I... I guess,” he mumbled, nudging his plate. He took a few bites before getting up. “I... I'm not really feeling hungry. I'll come down to help with dishes in a bit...” He got to his hooves and trotted away, returning to the front room and dropping down on the couch.

Applejack sighed and glanced to Lotus. “Ah've spent enough time with Rarity tah recognize a drop an' pout. Think ah should handle it, or you?”

“You have been succeeding quite wonderfully lately, how about you.” Lotus gestured towards the exit. “You're quite skilled at this, to be honest.”

“Eh. Yah spend enough time with Rarity, yah learn how tah handle it. Least he doesn't whine quite as high pitched,” Applejack said with a shrug before trotting out to see the stallion. “Yah doin' okay?”

“Huh? Oh, I-I'm fine. Just thinking...” Aloe mumbled. “I just wanted some time to think. I'm n-not wallowing in my misery, I swear.”

“Uh huh. Sure yah aren't.” She sat down next to him.

“I know what you're going to say. I need to get over it, right?” he mumbled, poking his hooves together.

“Well... no. Somepony went outta their way tah hurt yah, an' ah imagine that can't feel right no matter how tough yah try tah be. However--” She reached down and put a hoof over his. “This ain't like when yah were a kid. Yah aren't alone. Your secret may be out, but yah still have ponies who care about yah, friends this time. It ain't yah versus a buncha bullies. Yah got me, your sis, all your other friends. Yah ain't gonna haffta do any ah this alone, ever again.” She gave his hoof a little squeeze. “But yah are gonna haveta face your fears, that means goin' back tah town and dealin' with whatever they did.”

“I thought you were okay with us staying?”

“Ah am, but not if it's just cause yah wanna hide. Don't worry, we'll be with yah an' help yah with whatever comes.” She got to her hooves and pulled him up. “Now come on back tah dinner. Yah ain't alone and yah shouldn't spend your last night as our guest tryin' tah be.”

He smiled, nodding. “Okay.” He followed behind her and sighed. “I... I don't know if I can though. I mean, face them. I'm not sure if I'm... if I'm strong enough.”

“Then we'll be there tah help pick up the slack. Cause that's what friends do.”

------

Aloe gulped nervously as they slowly trotted towards Ponyville. Lotus and Applejack were on either side and even Big Mac had come, on the opposite side of lotus. The four slowly trotted towards the spa. He let out a gasp when he saw it.

The building was pristine. From top to bottom, the walls were painted, windows had been fixed, even the roof shingles they had been meaning to repair were all replaced. He stared, mouth agape. “It's... it's wonderful. Who did this? Wh-- AHH!” He was suddenly glomped from behind, causing the others to whip around.

Cherilee latched onto him with a fervor, her hooves tied tightly around his neck. “Oh Aloe, you, you have no idea how much I missed you! It's been horrible, horrible! Without our weekly sessions, I had no way of.. of... err, hello.” She looked up sheepishly at the staring ponies.

“I-I was only gone a couple of days,” Aloe said softly, his face just red enough to pierce his coat.

“Please don't do it again! Or... err, leave a replacement.” The mare slowly unwound herself from around his neck, looking around nervously as she realized the scene she just made. “I... I don't suppose you're planning to reopen today, are you?”

“Err, we are. We'll be--”

“I want your first appointment!” she said quickly.

“Err, but didn't you read the paper, I'm a stal--”

“I want your first appointment!” she repeated, ignoring his objections. “I don't care if you're a stallion, mare or thirty story dragon.” Her eyes twitched. “I have so much we have to talk about. Glue! There was glue EVERYWHERE!”

“Oh, umm, in that case. Errr, we'll be open in an hour or so, just come back--”

“Okay!” she said happily, walking off with a spring in her step.

“Well, that was... weird,” Aloe said nervously as he watched the mare leave.

“A tad,” Applejack said with a shrug. “Maybe yah are a tad better with the mares than yah thought,” she teased.

His cheeks flared up, then he grinned. “Well, I got you! Sorta. I can't be all bad.”

Lotus chuckled and trotted to the door, pushing it open. The place was pristine, the floor even mopped. “Wow. He really went the extra mile when he fixed that window.”

“I guess we better call everypony, let them know we're back,” Aloe said before smiling back at Applejack. “I... I guess you were right. This isn't so bad. Maybe it can-- AHHHHH!” He screamed and dove behind her.

It took the mare a few moments to catch what startled him, but when she did her eyes narrowed. “Discord. What are you doing here?” she asked with a growl, the strange creature leaning back in the chairs of one of the hanging paintings.

“What? I'm just here to greet the returning spa ponies, is that so bad?” He snapped his fingers and appeared behind them, causing Aloe to whimper and topple over before trying to crawl away. “Now now, I'm here to apologize. Fluttershy was quite insistent that I do. I even went the extra mile and fixed up your little... home. I wasn't sure what was vandalized and what was original, so I fixed everything. I hope you don't mind.” He said with an almost innocent grin.

“W-what?” Aloe asked, looking around wildly. “Wait, you did all this?”

“Of course. It was Twilight's idea. A grand gesture, no?” he asked, as the grin slowly took on a darker, more wicked tint. “I did everything a pony like you could want. Why, I even--”

“Discord!” Twilight suddenly yelled from the doorway, her horn glowing. “I've been looking everywhere for you. What were you... oh, ummm, hello Aloe. Happy to see you're back. Now you!” She turned to the spirit of chaos. “What is it you're up to?”

“What? I'm merely being a friend after my dreadful mistake. Trying to make amends.” He put an arm over his forehead and mock swooned. “Is it not enough? Can I not even try to apologize without being called a villain?”

“I'm not buying it, Discord. What is it you have planned?”

“He's telling the truth,” Aloe said softly, though he made sure there was a piece of furniture between him and the creature. “All he did was fix up our shop. No trickery, no damage, no destruction. Just... fixed it. I really didn't think he'd be capable of something so... nice.”

Twilight stared for a few moments, before looking to the others. “Really? That's it?”

“Seems so, sugar cube,” Applejack said with a shrug. “Maybe Fluttershy was right. He can do some good when he really tries.”

The alicorn let out a sigh of relief. “Well, that's a relief. Discord, I'm... sorry for doubting you. I'm sure you can imagine why I-- ahhh!” she let out a startled cry as she was nearly barreled over by three panicked young stallions. They galloped straight to Lotus, and fell on their knees before her.

“Thank Celestia you're back, you have to save us!”

“What?” the mare asked, staring down at the quivering stallions.

“We're sorry we threw the brick and egged your place, we didn't mean to hurt any pony! We just thought it was a good prank! A prank, we didn't mean to hit your weirdo brother with the brick!”

“WHAT?” Aloe yelled, turning to glare at them. “That was you? Why you--”

“AHHHH! It's back! Save us!” The three dove behind Lotus, quivering. “Please, stop it before it devours our souls and takes us down to tartarus! We're sorry, we'll fix everything, do whatever you want! Just make it stoooooop!”

“What?” Aloe asked, his mouth falling open as he just stared at the three terrified ponies.

“Please, keep it away! We need our souls!”

Discord burst into laughter, before lounging on the couch. “Ah yes, I did say I went the extra mile for you, dear friend,” he said with a snicker. “To ensure no pony tormented you any more.”

“What?” Aloe asked, turning his gaze to him. “What did you do?”

“These ponies decided it was okay to hurt you and destroy your property. I merely decided to... penalize them for such actions.” He pulled out half of a brick, before tossing it into his mouth where it melted like cotton candy. “That is what friends do, is it not? Hurt those who hurt their friends?”

“You... you what? You did...”

“No need to thank me. Just consider it part of my apol--”

“WHAT IN TARTARUS IS WRONG WITH YOU?” Aloe finally screamed, struggling with all his might to say it in Equestrian and not revert to Prench. “What in that depraved, sick mind of your could possibly make you think I wanted anything like this?”

“Now sugar cube--” Applejack started, but was quickly interrupted by Aloe holding up a hoof.

“No, that's it. I mean this. What in tartarus is wrong with you? That... that bullying was the worst part of my life. All of my most painful memories, things that almost destroyed me, are because of that! What could possibly make you think I'd want anypony to have to go through that!” he screamed, stepping out from the shelter to glare at the creature.

Discord chuckled, though he went silent when a bar of soap hit him upside the head.

“It's just funny to you, isn't it? Just because we're ponies, just something for you to torment for your sick little games. Concepts like bullying don't mean anything to you, do they? All because you've only been on the giving end of them! I really hope one day you finally get to experience how it feels not to be the strongest, most omnipotent being around. To finally understand how it feels to have somepony else able to do whatever they like, and you're helpless to stop them. Then, maybe you'll finally stop being such a sick monster and see why what you've done is just... just so horrible!” Aloe yelled, tears welling up in his eyes.

Discord glowered at the pony, his fists clenching. He then looked to Twilight. “Well? He's being quite rude after my kind gift, don't you have anything to say?”

“No. He's right,” Twilight said before glaring to him. “Just go home, Discord. You've caused enough troubles.”

The spirit's eyes narrowed, but then he shrugged. “Very well. I can't help it if none of you can appreciate my brand of friendship.” He snapped his fingers and disappeared.

Aloe gulped and slowly the color drained from his face. “I... I just yelled at Discord, didn't I?”

“Eeyup,” Applejack said with a smile.

“I'm going to be turned into a frog, or worse, aren't I?” he asked with a soft whimper.

“Eeenope,” she said with a chuckle and patted his head. “Yah did fine. Don't worry, we'll keep Discord off your back, an' if he tries anything we'll be there tah get yah outta it. However, we still got another issue to deal with.” She motioned to the three cowering stallions, who still refused to come out of hiding behind Lotus.

Every pair of eyes in the room, aside from Twilight's, turned to them.

------

Aloe sighed gently and sat down on the lobby couch, besides Applejack. The doors were now locked and the moon stood high in the sky. In the back, the three 'volunteers' were working to put everything away, under the strict supervision of Lotus.

The day had been wonderful for him. While there were a few awkward moments, few ponies seemed to mind his status. Even Bulk Biceps, who he was certain was going to kill him, had merely given the earth pony a tearful hug. He'd also threatened to give any pony who ever tried anything mean like that again, a stern talking to.

He reached out a hoof to gently touch hers, internally cheering as she didn't pull away. “So, I ummm... thanks.”

“What for?” she asked with a cocked eye.

“Everything. I ummm... I can walk now so I... I'll ummm, when do you think you'd like to go on another date? This time, I'll prepare it.”

She hummed for a moment. “Ah got some time near the end'a the week. Ah gotta help Rarity with some movin' tomorrow an' Applebloom with her homework. After that ah gotta lotta work, we're gonna try repairin' the... well, ah'm jus' awfully busy.”

Aloe shrugged and scooted in closer. “I don't mind, I'll wait as long as I need to.” He slowly brought her hoof up to his mouth and placed a delicate kiss on it. “You're so very much worth it.”

She blushed and looked away. “There yah go with that Prench flattery again. Yah know yah don't haveta.”

“Oh, but I want to.” He giggled and looked into her eyes. “Thank you so much, Applejack. It really does mean the world to me that you're still giving me a chance even though...”

She sighed and lightly tapped him on the head. “Now don't yah go off on that again. We're jus' datin' sugar cube. Frankly, ah ain't findin' yah too bad. Bit of a whiner, but you're kinda cute sometimes too.” She gave his cheeks a little pinch, eliciting a pout from the stallion. “In a good way. But our relationship is just getting started, and we have a lotta time tah figure out how we're gonna end up. So stop worryin' about bein' thankful an' try enjoyin' yourself. Ah know ah am.”

He nodded and then gave her a hug. “Sooooo, does this mean I'm almost to the point I might get kisses?”

She burst into laughter. “Now don't you go pushin' it, sugar cube. We got all the time in the world.”

Author's Note:

And finished! I'll be honest, the story went a lot longer than I initially intended it to. I don't regret it though. I hope everyone enjoyed it and I might one day write a sequel to it, Aloe was a lot of fun to write. Thanks for reading.

Comments ( 34 )
Comment posted by stitchfan93 deleted Jun 3rd, 2014

Heh. If I would have one complaint it would be that the story wasn't long enough for me. When I started reading I was under the impression that the focus of the story would be on the developing relationship between Aloe and Applejack. Obviously, the focus is on Aloe and his "secret", as well as the consequences of said secret being revealed instead. The relationship is almost a side story, and we don't really get to see that much of it. Nothing wrong with that at all, just not what I was expecting.

Anyway, can only hope that sequel does arrive someday then.
.

Wow, that was it? Man, I never expected that you are already finished with the story like that, and now I feel like this: :raritycry:

Amazing work again as usual, so glad to see that everything is mostly going to be okay for Aloe and Lotus despite what's happened, however from the way you wrote you're just saying that everyone now is accepting of who Aloe really is like that? It would be useful if you could go into depth of how everyone's reaction is towards his secret, but hey your story seems to sum it up nicely in a simplified way, like this:

“I want your first appointment!” she repeated, ignoring his objections. “I don't care if you're a stallion, mare or thirty story dragon.” Her eyes twitched. “I have so much we have to talk about. Glue! There was glue EVERYWHERE!”

:rainbowlaugh:

Also, I'm glad to see that Aloe and Applejack are officially dating, I really hope you can explore more of their relationship in depth in your sequel, maybe add some complications on the way? Just suggesting of course.

Finally, regarding your question to a sequel, all I can say is: DO IT! I want to see MORE! :flutterrage:

Hope that my comment has been useful to you then regarding your story!

4490751 I agree with you, I hope I made this clear in my comment that I gave, that if the story was longer more depth could be given regarding Applejack's and Aloe's relationship, as well as Aloe's "secret" and how people deal with it.

That is why the sequel needs to be written! :pinkiecrazy:

Loved the story. It was a rather odd play on r63, but it turned out great.

now i feel bad for discord. a part of friendship is being accepting of who someone is. discord is the avatar of chaos, so you think they'd be a little more appreciative of the fact that he tried to help, instead of doing what he usually does.

I bucking love this fic. You aren't rushing the ship and while others like it when two characters meet and immediately fall in love I like a realistic relationship. Thank you for the quick updates too. I'll say I'm not one to usually even give these alternative gender stories a chance. Most I've read are too goofy or full of tasteless gore/romance. Your fic redeemed that category.

Sad to see it end! but a great story nonetheless

I avoid stories that have nothing to do with my favorite characters. I have nothing against Applejack, I really don't, but I like Dash and Twilight a lot more (Scoots too) and tend to not read stories with characters I don't tend to read a lot of stories for.

Saying that, I was taken aback by this story. I love Rule 63! I usually read more adult stories :pinkiecrazy: with it but this was good for what it was. (although, and I might be a bit more dirty minded here, but isn't this a little too suggestive for an E rating :rainbowhuh:)

The Spa twins are characters I know nothing about. I avoid them because I don't do well with twins. I even avoid cloppy stories with them.

Seeing Aloe rule 63'ed (is this a thing?) was a unique take on the two. I loved this idea and read it instead of doing something important like playing video games (damn you sir/madam :flutterrage:)

I did notice a few typos, awkward word choices, and repeated words, but I couldn't care less, the story was too cute and perfect to otherwise care. For a non-Dash shipping and focusing on a lower liked but still awesome pony, you made something magical here.

I wish there was a little bit more closure with Discord and his meddling ways, but in a very backwards way, he did help out despite nopony else realizing it. I very much hope that you decide to go through with that sequel thing you teased, and don't worry, I can wait, just don't give up on it and we will be juuuuusssst fine :pinkiecrazy:

The best line for me that got the biggest laugh was Pinkie's rather odd line. This was sadly enough, Pinkie's only role in the entire story.

10/10 from me author (I don't count grammatical flaws. I count enjoyability and wow factor) and I will be recommending this to my friend. This needs a lot more love!

Loved it! J'adore! :rainbowkiss:

4478025 Ayes, I tried to tighten it up a bit in this chapter, hopefully I did a decent job. Their relationship is very much in the starter phase though.
4479176 ayes. I did have him a bit more sissy than I meant to, though I tried to make all his fears actually make sense.
4479363 Discord, muck things up? Never >.>
4483679 Yay! I love cute!
4490751 Ayes, this story was only meant to show the getting together, not necessarilly the full span of the relationship. I feel something like that would take a whooole lot longer. The sequel will likely focus on where they go, if they stay together, etc.
4490761 It has. ^^ And yeah, a sequel would focus more on their relationship as it developed, this was based only on the start of the relationship, with a heavy focus on Aloe. A sequel would probably focus more on Applejack.
4490791 R63 is, honestly, my favorite rule. When I first saw Aloe, one of my first thoughts were 'what if a stallion was born with a pink coat? What if some stallions had the noses and such of mares?'
4491174 Ayes. The big problem was he tried to help, in a way that was designed to... well, he is a bit conniving still.
4491337 Ayes, not a big fan of love at first sight. I really tried to think of what problems they'd have in the relationship and why they might get along well(Namely Applejack is really tough, but she also has the large caring side and is quite a great sister, while Aloe is very girly, but very appreciative and, hopefully, adorable) Still remains to be seen if their relationship can get past the first stage into the deeper, second stage.
4491476 Thanks. Was a lot of fun to write. :)
4491897 That was one of my favorite lines. So many I got to use <3
4491980 Thanks. ^^ Yeah, I really tried to develop Aloe in this story. Everyone knows Applejack, but nopony knows him, so I had a lot of room to navigate and create as I went. I'm not a big clop fan, so I tried to not make it too suggestive. Happy I made something you liked outside your normal preferences ^^
4492513 Yah be speakin' in prench again, sugar cube.

Also, this story has gotten the required 100 favorites, so I should be writing a sequel eventually. When I do, I'll make sure to post a spoiler in it, so everyone will be alerted to the new one.

Great story. I'd love to see a sequel about how their relationship continues.

4493053 That's why like I said, this story NEEDS THAT SEQUEL! :flutterrage:

Whelp, kind of disappointed. It wasn't a bad story, just... like 4490751 said it wasn't really the story I was here for. (Why is there no shrug emoticon? I need a shrug emoticon!!!)

An incredibly enjoyable story. I just couldn't stop reading it after the first chapter. Here's 10/10 stars and an extra dose of encouragement to make a sequel. :heart::raritywink:

Wow, what an interesting concept. I love it when social issues are taken into account when it comes to r63. The concept and general idea was solid, even if the journey was a little shaky. Do you have someone to proofread and beta read your stories? I think that would help quite a bit. I would gladly like to help.

That being said, even if I had gripes about the pacing and sometimes awkward grammar, I did enjoy this story, and can't wait for the sequel.

4494144 It'll be in the queue. :) It'll sadly likely be a while though. I have a lot of writing to get done first and I don't want this story to be rushed when I do it.
4495002 Always happy to find fans of the work ^^
4495427 Understandable. I was really going for a beginning of the relationship feel, the mid way, deeper area would have required a much longer story, which at this point I'd have likely ended up rushing in order to get to the next story in my queue. I'll be fleshing out the relationship more in the second book.
4511557 Always great to hear. ^^ Best thing for any writer is to find people who like their work! Well, most writers.
4531602 Sadly, I only really have one proof reader, and he works on the avatar story. i don't have anyone for any of my other stories. If you're interested in it though, I'd love it. I know I'm still not the best writer, but having someone to look it over and catch what I miss tends to help me get better. Though, it really depends on what your preferences are for reading. I tend to write a wide range of different genres to get the feels for each.

4549091 No problem! You deserve it for writing such an amazing story!

4549091

I'm not even gonna lie. I read everything. I mean, I told myself for years that I'd never read clop and, well, I read clop now.... orz

Seriously, though, I happily stand by my offer. I just noticed that going through the story repeatedly is the way to go. Heck, I've read some of the more popular fics, and even see a few mistakes.

And if not me, there's surely plenty of others who wouldn't mind doing the job! \o/

4550150 Well, I'd love that then. Feel free to send me any edits for any stories I've written you like. If yuou're interested, I'm doing work on the avatar and agent 0CT story now, but I'll fix any errors found in my other stories too ^^

4551320
Of course! I have the majority of your work in my read later list, so I'll keep that in mind as I read through your other work! uwu

It might take a little time, though, considering the massive amount of stories in my read later list. OTL

Edit:oh god I accidentally repied person at first. I hope this wont somehow bite me in the butt.

4552347 Oh, read later lists. If I read all the things in mine, I'd... well, heck, I'd... wowza that would be a lot of reading. :x All in all, I completely understand.

4554066

I'll try to prioritize yours, though! At least the shorter ones, for sure! I'm a lame Dummkopf who keeps adding things though. I went back ten pages and didn't find anything of yours. Oh lawd, I haven't even been a fimfiction member for long!

I loved this story!!!!! Personally I think you should make a sequal to it! Thanks for making such an amazing story :pinkiehappy:

Well, this was a fun read. I do wish it was longer and focused more on the romance. As it is, however, it's a good story about embracing identity and rejecting gender roles. Part of me wonders if Applejack was reluctant to date him prior to their first date because she thought Aloe was a transmare and she is (presumably) straight. I do wish Discord was handled a little better, but his ending deeds were somewhat redeeming. The story could use a little editing, but nothing too major.

For the fun and interesting read, have a fave! :ajsmug:

Sequel? Please make one, or turn this into a series or trilogy if you want. I won't complain.

4630037 Thanks. ^^ I've actually been thinking of one for a while. Just have too many stories in the air at the moment to focus on it.
5813915 Thanks ^^ To be honest, initially the story wasn't supposed to be about that. >.> But as time developed, well... it's just how it flowed.
6183616 I might. It was more popular than I initially expected it to be and that tends to make me want to write sequals. Perhaps when I finish a few other projects.

6396440 Lol, thanks. :) I actually plan to write an r63 Octavia humanoid story soon. :P As soon as I finish my ff story.

That was good. I hope you make some other R63 stuff in the future! I'l be sure to check it out

Will there ever be a sequel?

6944842 The world stands no chance against the weaponized CMC. The only hope we have is cupcakes and other delicious sweets. Throw them, run and hope you are left behind. Happy you liked the story. :)
6975329 Probably one day. I have a TON of stories on my plate right now(2 sellable books, 3 avatar books, my val stories, a foe colab and likely my Twilight Glow series), but once I get these stories down to a manageable level, I might return to it. Honestly, I love writing about girly guy characters, so I likely will return to this since Aloe was so much fun to write.

I'm very late with this one comment, but the episode "Applejack's 'Day Off'" made me think of this story. vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/mlp/images/8/80/Aloe_hugging_Applejack_S6E10.png/revision/latest?cb=20160529154455 I've also officially accepted this story as head cannon for Aloe as a character.

7364849 ... Oh my gosh yes all of my yes. :P Honestly, the episode made me think of this story too. :P

Login or register to comment