• Published 21st Feb 2014
  • 17,513 Views, 1,999 Comments

Scootaloo Dies a Bunch - alexmagnet



Scootaloo has some extraordinarily bad luck, which is unfortunate for her since it means she's going to die... a lot.

  • ...
97
 1,999
 17,513

PreviousChapters Next
The Bridge Over the River Die (Look Before You Sleep)

It was a dark and stormy night—well, it was actually mid-afternoon, and the rain had only just started to trickle down—but that didn’t matter to Scootaloo. She just had to get out of her house, away from her alcoholic, abusive, charity-working, stepfather. Tonight was any given night of the week, and that meant he was going to get drunk on virgin piña coladas and non-alcoholic beer while he forced Scootaloo to watch as he beat her mother at Scrabble.

So, as Scootaloo flew across the town, wondering if her wings would ever grow strong enough to allow her to fly, she found herself looking for a place to stay for the night. Eventually she came to the town square where she saw Applejack and Rarity entering Twilight’s home.

She dove down and landed at the front door, peeking in to see the three mares all sitting around talking with one another. Scootaloo knocked, and Twilight answered, a confused look on her face.

“Scootaloo? What’re you doing outside? There’s a storm coming.” She stepped aside and let Scootaloo enter. As she closed the door, Twilight asked, “Are you lost or something?”

Scootaloo shook her head. “Nah, I’m just looking for a place to stay.”

“Uhh…” Twilight glanced over her shoulder awkwardly. “Rarity and Applejack are already staying over for a slumber party, but I guess you can join too.”

Scootaloo waved her hoof dismissively. “I’m just looking for a place to sleep. Can I use your kitchen?”

“Sure, I guess. I was just about to go cut up some cucumbers to put on our faces. We’re doing makeovers,” said Twilight, leaning in and whispering like she was telling a secret. She ruffled Scootaloo’s mane. “C’mon, you can help me cut them up.”

Immediately regretting her decision to knock, Scootaloo now had no choice but to follow Twilight as she led her into the kitchen. The first thing Scootaloo noticed was the metal and wood contraption sitting on the dining table. A large, heavy-looking blade was suspended by a bit of rope and a small basket sat in front of it.

“So, uh, what’s that?” she asked, nodding towards the object.

Twilight’s eyes lit up. “Oh! That’s my miniature guillotine. We’re going to use it to cut these cucumbers.”

Scootaloo frowned. “Wouldn’t it be easier just to use a knife like a normal pony? You’ve got a perfectly good one sitting on the counter.”

“Well, yes, but I already had this up here from before, so I figured why not.”

As Twilight busied herself washing the cucumbers in the sink, Scootaloo examined the guillotine more closely. “It’s kinda small,” she noted.

“Yeah, well, so are mice.”

“I can barely fit my head in,” said Scootaloo as she tried to stick her head in the hole. As she tried to pull her head out, she realized she was stuck. Jerking her head back, she tried to rip it out, but all she succeeded in doing was loosening the blade, which slipped out of its hold and fell straight towards her neck.

Right before it hit, the blade was caught in a purple cloud and lifted back up. “Hey, watch you don’t lose your head, Scootaloo,” said Twilight, chuckling. With a bit of help from Twilight, Scootaloo managed to get free, and right after that, she had some recently-cleaned cucumbers shoved into her hooves. “Here,” Twilight said, “cut these up for me. I’m gonna go start the ghost stories with Applejack and Rarity.”

As Twilight walked out of the room, Scootaloo rubbed her neck sheepishly. “Heh, that was pretty close. Welp, let’s cut these things up.” She quickly got to work laying the cucumbers into the guillotine, sending the blade downwards to slice pieces off. Once she had one cucumber down, she was left with a basket full of cucumber slices.

Picking up the basket, Scootaloo felt a sudden sense of vertigo as she realized she’d accidentally stepped on a stray cucumber slice and her hooves were coming out from under her. She stumbled backwards, right into the counter where she hit her head against the wood, dazing her. Little birds were flying around her head as she lay on the ground, blocking her vision of the knife she’d just dislodged from its place.

Scootaloo barely had time to re-regret her decision to visit Twilight before the wide-bladed knife fell over the edge of the counter and came right down on her neck.


“...Standing right behind her… just inches away was…” Twilight paused for melodramatic effect. “The Headless—Scootaloo?”

Just as Twilight was finishing her story, Scootaloo’s body stumbled into the room, knocking over a few things since it couldn’t see where it was going. Rarity and Applejack screamed like the little fillies they were, but Twilight just threw her hooves up. “Scootaloo! You ruined the ending of the story. Ugh, now I have to start all over again.”

Scootaloo gurgled an apology.

“Well, it’s too late now, isn’t it?”

Realizing that the thing that had just bumbled its way into the room wasn’t the dreaded Headless Horse, but in fact Scootaloo’s decapitated body, Applejack let out a boisterous laugh. “Whoa nelly, you got us good there, Scoots. I guess it’s true what they say about headless chickens.”

Rarity groaned. “Do you have to be so crass? You’ve could’ve at least gone with a Louis XVI joke.”

PreviousChapters Next