• Published 21st Feb 2014
  • 17,502 Views, 1,999 Comments

Scootaloo Dies a Bunch - alexmagnet



Scootaloo has some extraordinarily bad luck, which is unfortunate for her since it means she's going to die... a lot.

  • ...
97
 1,999
 17,502

PreviousChapters Next
Soylent Cider (Super Speedy Cider Squeezy 6000)

“Sooooooooo… someone wanna fill me in?”

Scootaloo stood next to Apple Bloom and Sweetie Belle, doing her best to figure out what the heck she was looking at. There was a large machine with what appeared to a billion knobs, a conveyor belt, tons of tiny light bulbs, and, inexplicably, the whole thing seemed to be a giant vehicle.

“It’s for cider,” said Apple Bloom, though she sounded unsure of her answer. “...Or something.”

“That’s what those guys said it was,” replied Sweetie Belle, cocking her head to the side a bit. “It’s weird though, isn’t it? I mean, how does this thing even make apple cider?”

"I'm glad you asked that question, my dear," came a slick, fast-talking voice from behind her.

"A very good question, indeed," said a second, equally-sleazy voice.

All three fillies turned around to see two lanky stallions with straw hats and striped vests on. They bowed simultaneously, removing their hats and dipping dipping their heads. One had a mustache twirled around his snout, and the other wore a wide grin. The one with the mustache placed his hat back on his head saying, "This, my dear, is the Flim Flam Brothers Super Speedy Cider Squeezy 6000."

"And it," continued the other stallion, "has more than enough, shall we say, horsepower to make apple cider for the rest of your life, guaranteed."

"Or your money back," added the mustachioed stallion with a wink.

Apple Bloom raised an eyebrow, a gesture shared by Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo as well. "So, y’all are sayin' this thing can make a lifetime supply of apple cider? What's the catch?"

"Yeah, how does this thing even work?" said Scootaloo, jumping in to the conversation.

Flim and Flam shared grins, then Flim answered, "Yet another excellent question, little filly. See this lever right here?" He indicated a thick metal bar that stuck out from the front seat of the machine, if you could even call it a seat.

"Once you pull this lever down," continued Flam, "a hose extends from the back and sucks up however many apples you want."

"Then," said Flim, "they go through this machine's patented conveyor belt design where they're smashed up and then squeezed into cider at the end."

Scootaloo cocked her head to the side, walking over to the elongated hose that protruded from the back like an elephant trunk. "So, this thing sucks up apples, huh?" She peered into it, seeing how far down it stretched.

Sweetie Belle, meanwhile, approached the front of the machine and placed her hoof on the lever. "You pull this one, right?"

Flim and Flam nodded simultaneously, responding together, "That's the one!"

She shrugged, "Well, let's see how it works then." With a firm tug, she pulled the lever down until it clunked into place. Suddenly there was a loud suctioning noise as the the machine sprang to life. Sweetie watched as the hose stretched out like a snake and started sucking up apples. They went from the hose into a little glass window where she could watch the apples as they were sorted. Then, somehow unsurprisingly, she saw Scootaloo banging her hoof against the window as she went past.

"Get me outta here!" cried Scootaloo, her voice muffled both by the loud machine and the glass.

Sweetie Belle whipped around. "How do I shut it off?"

Flim and Flam shot each other worried glances, then Flam said, "Ready, Flim?"

"Ready, Flam?"

"Let's bing bang scram!"

Then there gone in a trail of dust, leaving Sweetie Belle to turn back around slowly. She placed her hoof on the glass. "Scootaloo... I'm sorry, I couldn't--Oh, she's gone." Sweetie Belle started looking around. "Where'd she go?"

Apple Bloom pointed a shaky hoof at the front end of the machine where apple cider was coming out in waves. "We have to tell everyone... we have to warn them! Apple cider is ponies!"

Sweetie Belle groaned.

PreviousChapters Next