• Published 21st Feb 2014
  • 17,497 Views, 1,999 Comments

Scootaloo Dies a Bunch - alexmagnet



Scootaloo has some extraordinarily bad luck, which is unfortunate for her since it means she's going to die... a lot.

  • ...
97
 1,999
 17,497

PreviousChapters Next
My Beautiful Lament (Hurricane Fluttershy)

Author's Note:

This chapter was guest written by my friend RazgrizS57.

“No offense, Scootaloo,” Rainbow Dash said, glancing between her stopwatch and the glass-eyed filly gripping her leg, “but you can’t exactly fly. There’s no real way for you to contribute to creating the tornado.”

“Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease?” Scootaloo pleaded, grossly exaggerating the syllable to the point no sane person would ever want to hear it stressed again. “I can help! I need to help! Cloudsdale won’t be able to get the rainwater they need without the help of every pegasus in Ponyville!”

“That’s a bit of another problem,” Rainbow Dash said with a sigh. She adjusted her really cool hat to avert her gaze of the field in the distance. “We’re all going to have to push ourselves harder than I first thought, for sure. Even if you can learn to fly in time, I seriously doubt you’d be able to go fast enough—”

“I can use my scooter!” Scootaloo cried. “I’m really quick on that! That’d work, wouldn’t it? Please, Rainbow Dash!”

“I guess you could do laps around the reservoir,” Rainbow Dash mused. She smiled a little at the thought, though for what reason she didn’t know. “Alright, fine. You can go in circles with us on your scooter. Just promise you won’t get in the way, alright? I don’t want you getting hurt.”

“I promise!” Scootaloo exclaimed, and she hugged her leg tighter.

Rainbow Dash didn’t notice because by this point it had gone completely numb.


Scootaloo drifted in the middle of the reservoir along with several other pegasi. She stood on her scooter, with big floaties wrapped around the board to keep it afloat. They probably should’ve been on her legs since she couldn’t swim, but she paid the thought no mind. Besides, as long as she held onto the handlebars, she was perfectly safe. It wasn’t like she was top heavy or anything.

The first tornado attempt had been an utter flop. They almost had it, sure, but in the end they simply couldn’t get going fast enough. Rainbow Dash was back in the air, however, throwing around orders to get everypony geared up for a second attempt. She buzzed around them all when she heard a queer shouting from below. She looked down, and for a second she thought she saw an unusually large rubber ducky, but she couldn’t give it further scrutiny because she was too busy entertaining the thought and giggling to herself. She muttered something about baths and went right back to preparing everypony.

Scootaloo was the most ready of them all. She was always ready, except for the times when she wasn’t, but she was always ready to get ready. This was not one of those times, as she was already ready, keeping focused on helping out in creating the tornado. She circled around for practice, checking the stability of her waterscooter. It wasn’t long before a horn blared over the reservoir, signaling everypony it was time to get to work.

Scootaloo deftly buzzed her wings and took off around the rim. As the pegasus ponies around her gained speed, the water began to funnel upwards from the center, pushing Scootaloo up against the walls of the reservoir as she continued to accelerate. She was faster on water than some of the other pegasi were in the air, and she was zipping laps around along with the tornado as it gradually took shape.

She probably should’ve worn goggles, as her eyes fell deep into their sockets and the sheer force stopped her from keeping them shut, her cheeks flapping in the wind. She probably should’ve gotten goggles after the first time this happened. Nonetheless, she continued to push herself harder and harder, and it became all the more difficult to keep her head down as the gravity on her body increased. Her chin slid upwards against her will, pushing her gaze up into the eye of the tornado, at all the water and feathers spinning all around her. It looked like a colorful rinse cycle or a really bad disaster movie.

For a second, it seemed like the tornado was going to fall apart again, but then she spotted a yellow-pink speck enter the wall of the tornado. It was the slowest of them all, and that it actually wasn’t being thrown out was a feat in and of itself. The speed increased ever slightly when all of the sudden, everything exploded.

They had succeeded. The water erupted out of the top like a fountain, firing all the water in the reservoir off to Cloudsdale in a long, elegant stream. After all the water drained, everypony slowed down, breaking apart the tornado. All the pegasi landed, cheering at their triumph and already setting up a party to celebrate their record-breaking accomplishment.

All except for one filly, who was already deep within the belly of Cloudsdale’s raincloud factory.

PreviousChapters Next