• Published 15th Mar 2012
  • 9,937 Views, 350 Comments

My Little Avengers - koolerkid



Big Mac finds a magic hammer, and leads a team of heroes to protect Equestria.

  • ...
15
 350
 9,937

Chapter 18

Equestria turns, time moves on, and The Day comes around again.

Ponyville had changed a lot since Big Mac’s last visit. Half of the original Avengers were from here, after all, and many of the newer members that came after were from here as well. Ponyville had one of the highest mutation rates in all Equestria, with nearly two-thirds of the population mutated merely a month after Loki’s Fall. With so many celebrities calling one town home, it was hardly a surprise that the once backwater town of Ponyville had now topped Canterlot as Equestria’s number one vacation and tourist spot.

Fans of the Avengers. Hopefuls, looking to be recruited by them. Mutie-chasers, hoping proximity to the legendary town would grant them spectacular abilities. Tourists, vacationers, families; hundreds of ponies came to Ponyville daily.

Big Mac took comfort in the fact that not a single one recognized him as he and Applejack walked through the marketplace.

“Take it easy, Mac!” Applejack advised. “Ya’ll look like yer about to head for th’ hills.”

“Sorry, sis,” Big Mac said sheepishly. “Ah’m not used to bein’ in a crowd that ain’t swarmin’ me fer mah autograph.”

“Ya’ll’re spendin’ too much time as Thor,” Applejack admonished. “Ah think it’s a good thing ya’ll came home fer yer birthday. Ya’ll need the break.”

“Yeah, yer probably right,” Big Mac sighed. “But enough ‘bout me. How’ve you been, AJ? How’s Applebloom, and Granny? And the farm, ya’ll been able t’take care’a it?”

Applejack smiled at her brother reassuringly. “Well, it ain’t been easy since ya’ll stole all mah friends away fer that crazy team’a yours. But Fluttershy still comes by to helps with the animals, and Ah’ve hired more’n enough help for the farm. We made enough this year to by Granny’s hip replacement. And Applebloom and her friends are still tryin’ to be Cutie Mark Crusader Avengers.”

Big Mac chuckled, shaking his head. “Some things never change, Ah guess.”

“And some things do.” Applejack responded, suddenly solemn. “Ponyville’s a lot different now. Ah mean, it’s not Manehatten, but it’s not the quiet little town it used t’be. And... everypony’s left.” She sighed. “How is everypony? Gettin’ along all right?”

Big Mac tapped a hoof to his chin in thought. “Well....”

-----------------

“We made Pinkie Pie head of Public Relations; she was thrilled once she found out what it meant.”

“Hiya, everypony! I’m Pinkie Pie, and I’ll be your tour guide for this super-spectacular-amazing-wonderful tour of... pause for dramatic effect... THE AVENGERS’ MANSION! Everypony stay together now! Don’t wander off, don’t touch any of Blue’s science-y stuff (he hates that), and whatever you do, don’t try to implode causality. It’s a big mess and there’s no fezzes for anypony, trust me. Now, everypony ready? Good! Stick close, follow me, and we’ll all have a great big party after! LEEEEET’S GO!”

-----------------

“Rainbow Dash is havin’ the time of her life; she’s a field leader now, you know. Got her own team and everything.”

“Run for it!” The bank robbers scattered in all directions. Manehatten was a big city, with lots of back alleys to hide in.

Saintspirit, codenamed Angel, looked to her team leader. “Aren’t you going to stop them?” she asked, confused.

The large metal pony known as Colossus gave a rumbling laugh. “Nein, little one. You just wait. Quicksilver, she likes giving them a head start. Don’t worry, they won’t escape.”

Angel turned back to the blue-furred pegasus. Quicksilver wore a silver flight suit that hid her mane, but everypony knew who she really was. “She’s really that fast?”

“Nopony faster.” Quicksilver replied with a smirk. “Three... two... one...”

There was a bright, rainbow-colored flash, and the deafening crack of a sonic rainboom.

-----------------

“Rarity and Blue are off on a, heh, ‘business trip’. Considerin’ what Ah just helped Blue pick out, though, Ah’m guessing it’s a bit more’n that...”

Prance. One of the fanciest, most beautiful cities in Equestria. The center of high fashion. Rarity was in heaven. She and Prince Blueblood stood atop the grand Eiffel Tower, looking down at the magnificent city below.

“Oh, Blue,” Rarity sighed, leaning against her coltfriend’s side. “This has been the most fabulous day ever!”

“I’m glad you liked it, my dear. But it’s not quite over yet.” The Prince stepped back, turning to face Rarity.

Rarity looked puzzled. “Whatever do you mean, darling?”

Blueblood took a deep breath, then got down on his front knees. His horn lit up, magically levitating a small box out of his vest pocket. “Rarity...” He opened the box, revealing the magnificent diamond ring Macintosh had kindly helped him pick out. “Will you marry me?”

-----------------

“Twilight... well, we haven’t heard from her in a few weeks, but Ah’m sure she’s fine. Ya’ll don’t get to be Sorcerer Supreme without knowin’ how to take care’a yerself.”

“CURSE YOU, TWILIGHT SPARKLE!” screamed the unholy abomination as the Chains of Mag’ne dragged it back into the Darkness Realm. “I’LL BE BACK! I WILL DESTROY YOU IF IT’S THE LAST THING I EVER DO! I WILL FEAST ON YOUR SOUL AND-” The creature’s rant was cut off as the portal slammed shut, cutting him off from Equestria.

Twilight’s brow furrowed as she poured the last bit of magic she had in her into sealing the portal. Massive chains of magic and cold steel wrapped around the enormous stone box which contained the Rainbow of Darkness, sealing it shut.

“There!” she exclaimed, wiping sweat off her forehead. She was exhausted, but triumphant. “That should keep Tirek sealed for another ten million years or so. Now, let’s go get Spike and go home.”

-----------------

“And as fer the rest’a mah old team, well, they mostly train the new recruits these days, though they still go off on missions when we need ‘em.”

The small group of new recruits waited in the Danger Field, whispering among themselves nervously. They had all heard who their trainers would be, and the mood was somewhere between hero worship and terror.

“They say it was really Captain Equestria who beat Discord; he was standing right behind the Elements of Harmony and his glare turned Discord to stone,” joked one recruit, trying to lighten the mood with the old game of ‘Captain Equestria facts’.

Another recruit, inspired, countered. “Well, I heard that the only reason Princess Celestia raises the sun is that Firebird has better things to do.”

“Oooh, good one!”

The chattering stopped almost immediately as the Danger Field’s door opened wide, and two of the most famous, well-known faces in all Equestria stepped inside.

“Welcome, recruits, to Avenger’s Mansion.” Captain Equestria said with a smile, Firebird hovering faithfully at his side. “Let’s get started, shall we?”

-----------------

“Sounds like everypony’s doin’ fine.” Applejack said, trying to force a smile.

Big Mac came up beside her and gave her a hug. “Ah know ya’ll feel a bit lonely here all by yerself.” He said quietly. “Ah’m mighty sorry about that. But the Avengers are important.”

“Ah know.” Applejack said, with a real smile this time. “And Ah’m mighty proud’a you. Just... don’t ferget yer little sister, alright?”

“Never.”

-----------------

Deep below Equestria was a enormous network of tunnels, dug out ages ago by greedy Diamond Dog miners. The network went on for miles in all directions, crisscrossing randomly, zig-zagging wildly and coming to many an abrupt dead end. Without a powerful pathfinding spell, a pony trapped down here would be lost forever.

Luckily for her, Trixie was more than capable of such a spell.

Deep within the tunnel network was a cave protected from magical detection by wards that were strong enough to hold off the Sorcerer Supreme’s magic, and from technological sensors by miles and miles of solid rock. Within this cave, illuminated only by a pair of torches, sat a pony who once called herself the Great and Powerful Trixie.

In front of Trixie sat a lump of metal, glowing brightly as Trixie focused her mental might on it. Beside her, the spear Gungnir pulsed in time with her horn, amplifying her magic to rival that of an Alicorn. The loss of Loki’s magic had weakened her, but she refused to mourn her lost power. She was still the mightiest unicorn in Equestria, and soon she would prove it.

Under Trixie’s mighty magic, the metal began to glow cherry-red, melting down to molten slag. Trixie carefully manipulated the liquid metal, magically sculpting it to the desired shape. As she worked, she quietly muttered to herself, still performing for the crowd even when alone.

“Trixie was foolish, she can admit that. She misjudged Loki; she acted rashly.” She glanced aside to Gungnir, and smiled. “But it was worth it, in the end. Trixie is now more powerful than any pony in Equestria, all thanks to those foolish gods. Even if...” Trixie raised a hoof to feel her face. “Even if Trixie did pay a most terrible price.”

Trixie wrenched her thoughts away from the burnt flesh that had once been the most gorgeous face in all the world, and refocused on the metal object that was slowly taking form. “It doesn’t matter, now. Trixie will have her revenge, soon enough. Loki is gone, but the others... those who laughed at Trixie... belittled her... all those gods and magicians and ‘superheroes’ who thought themselves above Trixie... they will all pay dearly.” She grinned evilly, or rather tried to. Her... new face was very stiff, and couldn’t do more then a slight smirk.

“Ah, it is ready,” Trixie said, lifting the glorious new shape up to the torchlight. “It is time, then. Time to reclaim Trixie’s rightful place as ruler.”

She raised a hoof to her face again, feeling the ruining skin. “But it will not be the Great and Powerful Trixie who claims the throne. No, that pony is dead. She died, along with all her impatience and foolishness and vanity, when Loki stupidly turned against her. No, it is a new pony that rises from her ashes today, a pony who is free from such petty concerns. A pony who desires only power, and will use any means to obtain it.”

“Let me no longer be known as Trixie, the Great and Powerful!” she cried to the ceiling. “Let me take on a new name! One that will strike fear into the heart of everypony who hears it! Let me take the name of the fate that shall befall all who defy me!”

Trixie levitated the metal mask she’d sculpted to her and pressed it, still burning-hot, against her face. The metal sizzled and burned, fusing to her face, replacing her face. Trixie ignored the pain.

“From this day forth, let me be known only as...”

“TRIXIE!”

“VON!”

“DOOM!”

-----------------

End of My Little Avengers Vol #1

-----------------

A/N: Aaaaand that’s all folks! The end of My Little Avengers! Or rather, the beginning. I do intend to write a sequel (when I’ll find the time, I have no clue), so this isn’t the last we’ll see of Thor, the Avengers, and Marevel Equestria. Better yet, if any of you want to write up your own stories in Marevel Equestria - following any number of super-groups or solo heroes - feel free! Just send them in to me at Koolerkid2006@yahoo.com, and I’ll take a look at ‘em for you! I just ask that you don’t touch the mane six or the Avengers without my express permission, and that you have anything you send in to me proofread first.

Anyway, shout-out time!
Shoutout to my best friend, Josh, who didn’t think I’d complete this. In your face!
Shoutout to my other friends, Justin, Anna, Ryan, and Jessie, whose support helped me finish this fic. Thanks guys!
Shoutout to RK_Striker, my ‘grammar’ proofreader who not only caught every one of my billions of typos and errors, but took the time to painstakingly type out each and every mistake for me to correct. Without him, this would look like it was written by an dyslexic toddler, so thanks! He also writes a most excellent story called She Returns. See if you can spot the reference in this epilogue!
Shoutout to Chojomeka, my ‘story’ proofreader and most enthusiastic supporter. Thanks for all your praise, man.
Shoutout to David R. who was only a proofreader briefly, but in that time gave advice that made this fic 20% cooler. Thanks, man!
Shoutout to all the folks at the MLP Brainstorming board on Spacebattles, whose advice and assistance is what birthed this fic. They are awesome bronies.
And finally, shoutout to all the folks who read, commented, and reviewed this fic on both EQD and Spacebattles. If not for the encouragement, praise, comments, and general ego-stroking you guys gave, I’d have never worked up the motivation to finish this fic. Thanks a ton, everybrony!

Alright, folks, time to go! Leave a comment telling me how awesome I am, what you liked best about this fic, favorite character, favorite part, or anything else you feel like letting me know. And keep an eye out for my next fic: My Choices: Twisted Tales Through Time!

Comments ( 149 )

Its finally here! This is sooooo one of my top 2 favorite fics in this fandom!

Oh, HELL YES! I have been waiting for this to appear!

Heck I was planingg to read this one day and now it is here on fimfiction, guess it is time to start reading.

Ooh, I had been meaning to check this one out. How convenient!

It seems that we both have Marvel Stories. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm :moustache:

Hey, I remember this! Great to see it uploaded here - though I am still waiting on the sequel. :derpytongue2:

I love this fic!:heart::heart:

This is amazing. This is how you do a good crossover. I would love to see this marvel universe meet the main stream one. Just imagine the reactions of the Marvel hero's meeting their pony counterparts. Can't wait for more. :pinkiehappy:

I read that in one sitting @___@

328756
I did to. And it was glorious.:eeyup::moustache:

328756 Ditto. I'm sure hoping he writes that sequel soon.

Well before i read this I hope the Hulk is in this story
Hulk is the best pony

Read the whole thing in one sitting. It was so totally, undeniably, completely, AWESOME! :rainbowkiss: :rainbowdetermined2: If I have a complaint it's that the Hulk wasn't in it much. :flutterrage:

Aww yeah~! amazing story, I really felt that this story connected with the reader like no other. I loved everything about it from beginning to end. Furthermore I look forward to seeing a sequel if/when it comes out. So until we meet again, keep goin and stay golden^^

Not sure what else to say, except I'm glad to have helped you with this and it's great to see it here, too. :eeyup::twilightsmile:

Yeah! You finally posted it on here koolerkid!

Happiness! :pinkiehappy:

I look forward to reading more about Marevel Equestria. :pinkiesmile:

379165
Keep reading.
:D

379490 LOL i just read the next chapter i tottaly called it! :rainbowlaugh:

424272
If it makes you feel any better, Trixie is a major protagonist in my other story, My Choices.

A perfect ending to a perfect story.:pinkiehappy:
And Trixie? Trixie ain't done. Not by a long shot.
:trixieshiftright: DA DUM DUMMMM

2nd time thru waiting on the sequel can't wait to see soarin as wolverine

This just popped up under Latest Updates. Wut.

548164
Heh, made a minor edit to Chapter 17. Removed the [size] tags from Caramel's speech. Didn't realize it'd put this on Latest Updates. Weird, but I won't complain about the extra publicity.

548185 Oh. Huh, I didn't know it did that either.

451857 I thought of that too. It would be amazing.
And what about Featherweight for Spiderman?

I was wondering if this was going to pop up here with the release of avengers. Good story will have to re-read.

So twilight is sorceress supreme and rainbow is quicksilver....ya that fits lol
i was thinking trixie was like doom lol

548368
Actually, this has been here for a while, and it's been on EQD even longer. I just coincidentally happened to be rereading it and noticed a typo, which I corrected. Apparently, making edits, even tiny ones, puts you on the Latest Updates list.

Still, it is kinda funny how that timing worked out, ain't it?

Rereading because I just saw the Avengers and need a fix

Ah yes, this is on FIMfiction. Excellent.
I'd been meaning to favorite it somewhere.
Great fic, Kooler. It was especially fun to see it slowly taking form on the old forum.

I really enjoyed this fic ALOT! The only small errors where grammar and some misspells, but other than that, it was awesome! I really hope you do make a sequel!

I have no words to describe how epic this is. Marvel + Ponies = Beyond awesome. :pinkiehappy:

Please write a sequel!!!! As a huge Marvel fan, I would just love to see other characters ponified as well, like Spider-Man, Daredevil, and Deadpool. (I thought that Pinkie was gonna run into Deadpool on her excursions through the Fourth Wall. Maybe next time... :raritywink:)

I'd also love to see pony versions of Doc Ock, Ultron, and Mr. Sinister. Oh yeah, and Changelings = Skrulls. Changeling Queen. Skrull Queen. Secret Invasion of Equestria anyone? :rainbowwild:

Tirac, the rainbow of darkness, Twilight as the Sorcerer Supreme, and the Chains of the Mag'ne! I'm lovin the G1 references!

598512
If you like that, go read my other story, My Choices: Twisted Tales Through Time. It's absolutely LOADED with G1 references.

599229
You clearly have never read any of the Iron Man, Avenger, or Thor comics in which he appears, then. Despite his ridiculous name and equally ridiculous appearance, Triple F is HARDCORE. He's gone mano-a-mano with Thor (the one from Marvel, not Big Mac) and won.

This is literally the first fic I ever read when I first became a brony, and it is still in my top 3 favorites ever. You, sir, are awesome.

624010
Wow. Talk about a compliment. Thanks, my man! I'm glad you enjoyed it! If you like, you can go take a look at my current ongoing fic, My Choices: Twisted Tales Through Time. I love getting feedback and new fans.

667631
Not the Human Torch; he was never an Avenger. Spitfire is Firebird, an obscure Avenger I felt desperately needed more love.

F**K YES!! Twilight is Dr. Strange, Trixie is Doctor Doom, and we've got plenty more heroes and villains in the wings! LOVE IT!!
Who we going to see next? The Fantastic Four? Hulk joining the Avengers? Fluttershy as a mutant? Spider-man? Wolverine? The Scarlet Witch? Ant-man and the Wasp? Ms. Marvel? Vision? Ultron? Kang the Conqueror?
I'm geeking out, here, I really am! The possibilities have me positively salivating!

Well, already a read and liked this earlier, but never stopped to praise it, so I'll do that.:pinkiegasp:
Oh, the obvious Marvel-nerd comments:
In this version of Marvel Universe, Howard the Duck is obviously Howard the Human. (Ridiculous-looking and cynical, it fits...)
On a more serious vein, if that is the right word, Changelings as Skrulls having their Secret Invasion is a neat idea.

hey I am working on my own avengers story which is an actual xover with the movie
when I am done do you think I could write one in the universe of your story with Twilight Sparkle as the sorceror surpreme
perhaps with modok as the villain (I feel he is an underrated villain and I want to see him as a villain in a future marvel movie) or the mlp version of thanos (you know the guy who wants to date death)
also do you have a love interest for big mac/thor because if it would be alright for you he could be twi's love interest in the story

808225
Glad you liked it!

And yeah, Blueblood's chapter was my favorite out of the three to write.

i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/338/307/d13.gif
i2.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/183/879/1318188300003.gif
i1.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/270/407/238.jpg
i1.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/291/980/c1c.gif
i1.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/216/411/8QmIp.gif
i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/291/976/a01.gif

These where my reactions after reading this story....

THIS WAS SOOOO AWESOME!!!!:pinkiehappy: I see you had a cameo by the Hulk....will we see him in the sequel? I give this a full FIVE mustaches! :moustache::moustache::moustache::moustache::moustache:

669340 So THAT'S who Twilight is....that actually explains alot...gee I've gotta read more comics.

808620 Iron Pony was also my favorite origin of the three other avengers. Will you write a sequel soon? I just can wait for it!!! I'm really looking forward to it!:pinkiehappy:

845429
A sequel may be written eventually, but I've no clue when. Sorry :(

Login or register to comment