• Published 26th Dec 2013
  • 12,657 Views, 174 Comments

Hearth's Warming Chaos - DisneyFanatic23



Mothball searches for the perfect gift for Screwball, while Prism fears her parents Rainbow and Soarin won't make it home for the holidays and Discord accidentally tells a filly there is no such thing as Santa Hooves.

  • ...
15
 174
 12,657

Chapter 5

"Wake up, wake up!"

Discord screamed and opened his eyes to see Cherry hopping on his stomach.

"It's Hearth's Warming! It's Hearth's Warming!"

Raspberry and Prism sat up and gasped.

"It is?!"

"Of course, sillies!" Cherry snorted. "Come on! Santa Hooves left us presents!"

Raspberry gasped again. "Are you sure?"

"Yes! There are more under the tree now than there were last night!"

The fillies peered over the couch and gaped when they saw the ocean of gifts surrounding the tree. Discord had teleported all their gifts from home, but there twice as many now! The stockings that hung on the wall were filled to the brim with even more gifts! The girls cheered and raced toward the pile as the others started coming down.

"This is fantastic!" Blueberry exclaimed. "Do you believe in Santa now, Rasp?"

"Who cares?" Raspberry replied. "There are presents!"

Prism was about to squeal in delight when she remembered something and her ears drooped in sadness.

"What's the matter, Prism?" Gemstone inquired.

"I'm sure these gifts are nice," Prism said, "but without Mom and Dad here, it just doesn't feel right."

Her head shot up when she heard a knock at the door and a raspy voice calling, "Hello? Any pony home?"

Prism raced to the door and flung it open before any pony else could. As excited as she was that morning, nothing made her happier than the sight before her. Rainbow Dash and Soarin stood in the doorway, their faces smiling and their bodies covered in snow. Prism did not even notice that it had stopped snowing, for that did not matter. Her lips curled into a big smile.

"Mom!" she cried, jumping up and flinging her hooves around her parents. "Dad! You made it!"

"We almost didn't," Soarin admitted.

"The storm was tough!" Rainbow declared. "We crash-landed in Baltimare, and then..." She trailed off and scratched her head. "Actually, I'm not sure how we got here."

"Who cares?" Prism said. "You guys are home! And you're okay!"

When the twins and Scootaloo came down, they joined the group hug.

"So what's going on here?" Rainbow asked. "You guys having a party without us?"

"Uncle Discord let us all stay here for the blizzard," Prism explained.

"We were about to open presents!" Cherry chimed.

"Then what are we waiting for?" the multi-colored pegasus demanded. "Those presents aren't going to open themselves!"

The little ones emptied their stockings first, dumping out toys and candy. Then they joined the adults in exchanging gifts.

"Here, Gem," Prism said, handing her unicorn friend a package wrapped in rainbow paper. "Happy Hearth's Warming."

"Oh, Prism!" Gemstone exclaimed. "You shouldn't have!"

"But I did! Go on! Open it!"

Gemstone peeled back the wrapping to reveal a thick booklet. Drawn on the cover was a pegasus explorer swinging on a vine. The unicorn squinted to make out the title.

"Banig...Bo?" she guessed.

"Close," Prism chuckled. "It's Daring Do and the Quest for the Sapphire Stone."

Gemstone flipped through the pages and found various drawings. They were so well done, they could have been professional! But the colored pencil lines indicated that they were done by a filly.

"You made this?"

"Been working on it ever since you told us you were dyslexic. I thought it was a shame you couldn't enjoy cool books like Daring Do, so I made a completely illustrated version you'd be less frustrated with. No words, I promise! Well, except for the title, and..." she flipped to the back of the cover, "this."

There was writing, which made Gemstone groan.

"I'll read it for you," Prism said with a smile. "It says: To my best friend, Gem. Maybe some day, you'll be able to read this without my help. For now, enjoy the drawings I made just for you. Happy Hearth's Warming! Your friend, Prism Soarin Dash."

Gemstone looked up at her friend and gave her a big hug.

"Ooh!" she cried. "I have something for you too! Just let me find it!"

After searching the pile of gifts, she found one wrapped in white and blue paper and gave it to her pegasus friend. Prism gasped when she opened the box and pulled out a pair of blue wing warmers.

"You'll have to keep your wings warm if you're ever going to fly," Gemstone explained.

"Did you make these?" Prism asked.

The unicorn blushed. "No, my mum made them, but I told her to make them blue!"

The pegasus shrugged. "It's the thought that counts. Thank you, Gem!"

Fluttershy let out a gasp as she lifted the silver chain from the box. Hanging from it was a crystal snowflake.

"Oh, Discord," she said. "It's beautiful. And so simple!"

The draconequus beamed. "I know it's not as extravagant as the sculpture garden, but..."

"Oh, sweetie," Fluttershy smiled. "You don't have to give me extravagant gifts all the time. I'll love any gift you give me, no matter how simple."

He chuckled nervously. "Right. I knew that."

On the floor, Zany and Applespike sat next to each other. They each took out their pacifier and put it in the other's mouth. Then they gurgled, as if to say, "Happy Hearth's Warming, fellow baby friend!"

The Tri-Pies zoomed through their gifts, viciously unwrapping box after box.

"The Nancy Horseshoe Detective Kit!" Blueberry squealed. "Thanks, Dad!"

"The latest issue of Bitsie and Vanilla!" Cherry chimed. "This is awesome, Mom!"

"A new notebook and a set of pencils!" Raspberry piped. "Thank you so much!"

Raspberry then picked up another box. When she saw the tag, she gasped.

"Hey, girls?" she called. "This one's for all of us, from Santa."

Blueberry and Cherry fell silent and scooted next to their sister as she opened the box. It was only the size of her hoof, yet out of that tiny box popped a large sled that made the Tri-Pies' jaws drop.

It was red and shiny, but it was not the Rosebud 3000. It was much larger, and could fit more than three! It was shaped like Santa's sleigh, with gold metal rails and lettering on the side that read 'Rosebud 4000.'

"Oh," said Blueberry.

"My," said Raspberry.

"Gosh!" Cherry finished.

The triplets cheered and leapt onto the sled.

"This is amazing!" Blueberry exclaimed.

"And look at the rails!" Cherry marveled. "It's sure to go fast!"

"There is a Santa!" Raspberry shouted as she bounced on the cushioned seat. "There is a Santa!"

Red Shoes looked at his wife. "Did you get them that?"

"I thought you did," Pinkie whispered. "Aren't big things popping out of small things your thing?"

Discord grinned as he watched the three fillies crawl excitedly over the sleigh. He paid special attention to Raspberry's cheerful face. He turned his head and jumped when he saw his daughter hovering beside him, smirking.

"What?" he said.

"I know what you did, Dad," Screwball accused. "That was really neat of you."

The draconequus looked up at the ceiling and innocently put his paw and claw behind his back. "I have no idea what you're talking about."

Meanwhile, on the other side of the room, Gemstone was sitting with her head down.

"What's wrong, dear?" Rarity said, putting a hoof on her daughter's shoulder. "Don't you like your presents?"

"It's not that," she sighed. "It's just...what I really wanted for Hearth's Warming...nah, you'd think I was silly."

Her mother smiled. "Well, you'll be happy to know that I have one more gift for you."

The filly looked up. "What?"

Rarity turned to the crowd. "Every pony! I have a big announcement! I was saving it for this special day!"

The unicorn glanced down and touched her stomach. "I'm having another foal!"

There were a lot of gasps, cheers and squeals, but no pony was more shocked than Gemstone.

"You mean..." she stammered. "I...you..."

"That's right, darling," Rarity grinned. "You're going to be a big sister!"

The unicorn could not contain her joy and bounced around the room.

"Oh my goodness! This is amazing! This is the best gift ever! This is the best Hearth's Warming ever! Am I going to have a little brother or sister?"

"I can always find out!" Discord said, getting out his x-ray glasses (these were just for show, of course).

"If you don't mind," Rarity said, holding up her hoof. "I'd like to be surprised."

"So would I!" Gemstone declared. "Oh, I don't care what it's going to be! It's going to be the best little brother or sister ever!"

"And you're going to be the best big sister ever."

The unicorn pulled her daughter in for a hug and kissed her on the forehead.

"Hey!" Raspberry exclaimed, reaching to the bottom of the Rosebud 4000. "There's a note in here!"

Discord raised an eyebrow. "Note?"

"What does it say?" her sisters pleaded. "What does it say?"

"Look outside," Raspberry read.

"Ooh!" Cherry clapped. "More surprises!"

The triplets squealed as they raced out the door. The others followed to see what the excitement was about. The three of them stopped in their tracks once they saw the surprise. They were all shocked, but not as shocked as Raspberry.

Standing there, in the flesh, was a tall, furry reindeer, antlers and all.

"I..." Raspberry stammered. "I...I don't believe it!"

Blueberry was the only one calm enough to approach the creature. Tied around its neck was a big red ribbon, along with a tag. Blueberry had to squint to read the tiny writing:

"I remembered your wish and Vixen here volunteered. This is only for today, of course, because I will need her back. When Hearth's Warming is over, she will fly back to the North Pole. I trust you to take care of her until then. Don't stop believing. Love, Santa Hooves."

Raspberry's jaw dropped. "He's real." She jumped into the air. "He's real!"

She rushed to the deer and flung her hooves around her neck. "Oh, thank you, Santa! This is what I've always wanted! I'm sorry I ever doubted you! Ooh!" She looked at the reindeer. "Can you fly?"

Vixen nodded and demonstrated by hovering a few inches off the ground.

"This is amazing!" Blueberry exclaimed.

"We can fly!" Raspberry cheered.

"I have an idea!" Cherry chimed. "Let's attach her to the Rosebud 4000! That way we can all fly!"

"Is that okay, Vixen?"

The reindeer nodded with a smile.

"Whoa!" Prism uttered, coming up behind them. "You guys got a reindeer?"

"Can we have a turn?" Gemstone begged.

"We can all go together!" Raspberry declared. "The Rosebud 4000 should fit all of us!"

"Ooh!" Pinkie squealed. "Don't forget to let me have a turn after you guys!"

"Me too!" Cinnamon Roll shouted.

"Oh my gosh!" Fluttershy squeaked. "A flying reindeer! Oh, I've never seen a flying reindeer before!"

Discord watched the entire scene from the doorway, his mouth open in disbelief.

"Flying reindeer," Screwball smirked, nudging him in the side. "Nice touch, Dad."

"But I didn't," he whispered. "I swear! I have no idea where that thing came from!"

"Hey, Discord."

The draconequus glanced down at Spike. He held up a small package.

"I found this one under the tree for you."

"For me?" Discord said, taking the gift.

"Yeah. Hey, is that a flying reindeer?!"

As the dragon joined the crowd of ponies, Discord looked curiously at the tiny package. There was a card attached to it. He opened it and read it.

Dear Discord,

Sorry this didn't come sooner, but it took so long to find, and you hold the record for being on the Naughty List. Anyway, I think it's appropriate for this year, now that you've truly embraced the holiday spirit. What you did for Raspberry will never be forgotten by me.

S.H.

"Do we know any pony named S.H.?" the draconequus asked.

Screwball shrugged. "Not that I know of." She smirked. "Well, there is one possibility."

"But it couldn't be." He looked at her nervously. "Could it?"

The young mare tapped her hoof on the package. "Only one way to find out."

Discord ripped up the brown paper and his eyes widened at the object he held in his paw and claw.

"It's...it's not possible."

It was a cornhusk doll in the shape of a pony. He shook his head, telling himself it was not the same doll when he saw the piece of green taffy wrapped around its neck. He had put that there over a thousand years ago.

"What is that?" Screwball inquired.

"Corny," he uttered.

"I can see that, but seriously, what is it?"

Instead of answering her question, Discord looked at his daughter and said, "Yes, Screwy, there is a Santa Hooves."


Raspberry Pie smiled to the audience as she finished her line. "And they called this land..."

"Equestria!" the other foals shouted.

The curtains closed and the audience stomped their hooves in applause. Discord had brought every pony in Ponyville, including the rest of Cheerilee's class, to his castle so the fillies and colts could perform the play they had worked so hard on. The curtain re-opened and the little actors all took a bow.

"Woo, Prism!" Rainbow Dash cheered. "That's my daughter up there! That's my daughter!"

"Great job, sis!" Lightning Dash called.

"You're awesome, sis!" shouted Thunder.

"Mommy's so proud of you three!" Pinkie screeched.

"Way to go, Gemstone!" Rarity exclaimed.

In the back of the room, Mothball was applauding too when his marefriend tapped him on the shoulder.

"You know," she whispered, "I still haven't given you your gift yet."

He grinned. "And I haven't given you yours."

"You first."

"Okay, but we're going to have to go outside."


"No peeking!" Mothball said, keeping his hooves over his marefriend's eyes.

"We've been walking forever!" Screwball complained. "Are we there yet?"

"Just a little further. Okay. You can look now."

When he removed his hooves, Screwball opened her eyes excitedly, but then tilted her head in confusion.

"It's a...snow pony?"

"The first one I've ever made," Mothball explained as he stood beside his creation.

The snow pony was not impressive. It did not even have a tail. It was small compared to a normal pony's size, a little chubby around the middle and its head was lopsided, its left ear slipping down the side. On its head was a pirate's hat, and instead of charcoal for eyes, it had two swirly purple lollipops without their sticks.

Mothball saw her face and sighed. "It's supposed to be you. I got the lollipops for the eyes, because your eyes always make me think of lollipops."

"I got that," Screwball said, "but what's with the hat? I usually wear this beanie."

"Yes, I know, but when I first saw you, you were sailing on this lake here, playing pirate and wearing a hat like this."

Screwball glanced around and realized that they were at the chocolate lake, where they had first met.

"You hate it, don't you?" Mothball groaned. "Ugh, I knew it! You probably got me something fantastic and I messed up! I wanted to get you the perfect gift but you've got those powers that you can get whatever you want whenever you want! I'm such a bad coltfriend! I really..."

"Mothball."

"Yeah?"

"Shut up, okay?"

"Sorry. I mean..."

He put his hoof over his mouth.

"Now," Screwball said slowly, "in regards to this gift, this is...this is..." Her lips curled into a smile. "One of the sweetest things any pony's ever done for me!"

Mothball yelped as she attacked him with a hug. He looked up at her in confusion.

"You mean...you like it?"

"Like it?" Screwball laughed. "Mothball, considering you've never built a snow pony before, you put a lot of work into this! And the fact that you built it here, where we first met, makes it even more special!"

She crawled off of him. "That reminds me. I still have to give you your gift!"

She held out her hooves and a large chocolate shake appeared. It was topped with whipped cream and chocolate sprinkles. Sticking out of it was a squiggly straw. Mothball licked his lips at the delicious display.

"You know what I love!" he declared, grabbing the shake and giving it a sip. "But wait. Don't you always give me chocolate shakes?"

"Yes, but not like this. See..." She grinned proudly. "I didn't use any magic to make this."

He nearly spat out the shake. "What? You mean you bought it?"

"No. I got this homemade ice cream maker and made the ice cream from scratch!" She rubbed her right foreleg. "You have no idea how long it took to crank that thing!"

He looked at her and then at the shake. "You made this all by yourself?"

"Okay, so I bought the whipped cream and the sprinkles and the squiggly straw, but yeah, the rest was all me."

Mothball stared at her for a long while. Then he put down the shake so he could hug his marefriend.

"I love you," he whispered.

"I love you too," Screwball said, returning his embrace. "But you know what? There is only one thing I really wanted for Hearth's Warming."

"What's that?"

She pulled away from him and looked up. He followed her gaze and saw a bushel of leaves with white berries. His cheeks grew red.

"You're not gonna have me kiss Zany, are you?"

She laughed. "No, silly! That's not what mistletoe means!"

"It's not?"

"No! This is what it means!"

Without warning, she closed the distance between them and their lips met in a soft, but passionate kiss. Mothball's eyes widened in surprise, but closed as he slid into complete and utter bliss.

He decided he was going to like this holiday.

Author's Note:

The reindeer was my Christmas wish as a kid. Never quite came true, but at least it came true for Raspberry.
So this was finished late, but oh well. Happy Belated Holidays! Hope you enjoyed reading this as much as I enjoyed writing it!

Comments ( 80 )

Do you want a review for this one? I'm behind on them because I haven't been near a computer for a month. If you want one, I'll get it done ASAP

Now that was a heart warming story!
You have a fantastic knack for capturing the wonderment of children. Mayhaps you're still one at heart yourself humm?

God Bless us Everyone ^^

Can you make another story. PLEEEEEEEASE.

Pure cuteness! Well done!

This was really good.

that was so AWSOME I have read most of your stories and they are all as good as the last.:twilightsmile::twilightsheepish: never stop being awesome.
EVER:flutterrage:.

This story was really sweet.

This was the best Christmas I have ever seen, so good job mate I shall keep coming back to your page to read any thing you post.
:moustache: stay classy

I always love holiday specials.

Your stories are awesome! PLEASE MAKE MORE SEQUELS OR STORIES ABOUT FLUTTERSHY AND DISCORD! :pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy::yay:

3711462 please make more stories. I wanna hear about the CMC and Gemstone's new little brother/sister

I beg you pleaase, write more stories with fluttershy and discord. I love them soooo much :heart:

"What is that?" Screwball inquired.

"Corny," he uttered.

"I can see that, but seriously, what is it?"

I think it was sweet that discord got his long lost toy back :pinkiesad2: It wasn't very nice that screwball called it corny though.

Loved the whole thing 11/10

:yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay:

Dang. I loved watching your writing, and this series, grow from average, to heartwarming and truly enjoyable.

And while I may have disagreed with some of the side ships, I still adored this series.

But, I have one question.

Will there be more?

I thought you did," Pinkie whispered. "Aren't big things popping out of small things your thing?

sexual innuendo anyone?
Also, loved the story. Sad not much Applespike flirting :fluttercry:, but really liked the discord trying to give spirit of the season back. :pinkiehappy:

3955681 What? No! I...I don't get it.:applejackunsure:

Can somebody please please please pretty please tell me how to update my story :pinkiehappy:

I JUST WANNA KNOW :raritycry:

another sequl plz :fluttercry:

4012877
A bit more...graphic, but yeah that one works too. :)

"You're not gonna have me kiss Zany, are you?"

:rainbowlaugh: I wonder how that would end.

3727845

I think we're all kids at heart to a degree. I seriously loved this, this was brilliant!

On the floor, Zany and Applespike sat next to each other. They each took out their pacifier and put it in the other's mouth. Then they gurgled, as if to say, "Happy Hearth's Warming, fellow baby friend!"

I JUST LOVE THIS PART! :yay:

i always wanted a reindeer too. i never got one, but i got a ticket to go ride one someplace which i do not know the name of, i think i was like 5 or something. i was at a friends b-day party which was a Christmas theme, i think..
:rainbowderp:

the discord doll thing made me cry. that is quite the feat.:twilightsmile:

*dies of happy contentment of the most heartwarming story ever told, especially all the Discord feels* :yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay:

Don't take this the wrong way, but olive you!!!!!

When you rate something on a different website, it usually in stars, but here, OH NO. We have a MUCH more sophisticated rating system
:moustache::moustache::moustache::moustache::moustache::moustache::moustache::moustache::moustache::moustache:
(Ten moustaches...yus :3)

The Discord and the doll thing made me tear up. Good job on that, it was really touching! :pinkiesad2:

very very good story :pinkiehappy::rainbowkiss::ajsmug::yay::raritywink::derpytongue2:

"You're not gonna have me kiss Zany, are you?"

:rainbowlaugh:

you hold the record for being on the Naughty List.

:eeyup:

*blows nose so loud it brakes ten windows* that was beautiful and amazing! if I was sensitive like raspberry I would cry but I didn't. By the way I love every single story you've written:heart:!!!!! Oh and finish episode nine of bride of discord the one for you tube please! I'm literally like this :twilightangry2: and this:facehoof:!!!!!!!! so finish it super soon and put it on you tube!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes 10 mustaches indeed
:moustache::moustache::moustache::moustache::moustache::moustache::moustache::moustache::moustache::moustache: also, please make more these stories are awesomemazingtasicly perfect

Oh yeah and...

( S M )
\ B+B/ FOREVER FTW:heart::heart::heart::heart::heart:
\×/

DF, u are AWESOME!!!!!!!! :pinkiehappy:

I really enjoyed your "Bride of Discord" and "Daughter Discord" stories. I would like to know if you plan on making a sequel to "Daughter Discord" maybe we can see ScrewBall and Mothball married and a child of their own and complications they could endure. I would also like to know if you plan of adapting "Daughter Discord" into a audio series just like you did with "Bride of Discord".

Can I make a sequel to Daughter of Discord? Do you mind? I have some really great ideas for it. I would still love to see what you do to Screwy And Mothball. (And of course DiscordxFluttershy)

Please? :raritystarry::twilightblush:

- Autum

P.S. Can you make more Fluttercord fics? plz? :raritystarry::fluttershysad::pinkiehappy::twilightblush:

5238052 Err, I'm kind of working on that.

>>DisneyFanatic23 Okay sorry :twilightblush:

Awesome job! :twilightsmile:

5250296 Not sure exactly when that will happen though, because I've already got two stories in the works and I have something planned for Christmas...

5254529 Actually it was more in reference to "Citizen Kane."
You can make anything sound awesome by putting "3000" or something.
And I think you mean "Firebolt."

*lying on the floor, twitching from feels overload*

5395362

I just want someone TO LOVE DISCORD to death.

beautiful, I really love it. I´m sure the part when Discord and Rasp get their presents is a reference to a christmas special but I can´t remember which one.....mmmmmmm..............doesn´t matter Happy holidas!!!!!!!!!!!! :heart:

Login or register to comment