• Published 5th Apr 2012
  • 10,206 Views, 149 Comments

The Rebirth of Chaos - FlippyandDiscord



Discord has to live as his baby self with Fluttershy as his "mother" until he can prove he

  • ...
12
 149
 10,206

Farewell

Discord took one long look in the mirror, making sure he looked ready and presentable. This was it. This was his time to shine. Twilight knocked on the door a solid three times. “Discord, you ready? We have to get on the train and go visit the princess soon.” Twilight said to Discord. She was dreading this day ever since she grew close to Discord. She never thought that someone who once caused so much evil and chaos could be such a sweet, innocent soul with just the right amount of love. The mares had turned a dark creature into a draconequus who had feelings. He had someone who cared. Although he doesn’t remember all the destruction he caused Ponyville before. He turned around to Twilight and caught her in an embrace. “I am going to miss you, Twilight Sparkle. You are my mother. I love you and I will never forget you.” He said as a few tears spilled out of his eyes and onto the bathroom floor. Twilight could feel her heart shatter in her chest. “I…I love you too, Discord.” Those words escaped Twilight’s mouth. She never thought she would ever say that in her lifetime. Applejack, not hearing what they were saying, knocked on the bathroom door. “Are y’all comin’? We gotta get on the train soon! We’re gonna miss it!” She yelled with an annoyed tone. Twilight and Discord broke the embrace and headed out of the bathroom one at a time.

The palace walls were tall and filled with many pictures of kings and queens of Equestria before. Even Celestia and Luna sat next to each other as fillies in a few pictures. Some of the pictures hanging on the walls were bigger than the mares themselves. Everyone, even though it seemed as though they were calm on the outside, were nervous on the inside. For Discord, this was life or death. Twilight, on the overnight train ride, explained that if he failed Princess Celestia’s test, he would be executed almost instantly. She saw the fear in his eyes. Finally, Fluttershy broke the awkward silence in the room as they headed to visit the Princess.

“I wonder who the mares and stallions are in these pictures. They all look so elegant and fancy. I have never heard of them, though.” She said. Although she had wings, she was too nervous to fly. She walked along next to Rarity. She was mumbling to herself about whatever came up in her mind. Fluttershy could tell she was nervous as well. “Ah know. Never heard of any of them.” Applejack said as she adjusted her hat that was falling off her head. For the rest of the trip, the mares were silent. Discord wouldn’t dare to talk; his heart was racing too fast.

The beautiful Princess Celestia sat in the throne room. She paced back and forth, waiting for her faithful student, her trustworthy friends, and the serpent that once caused her so much grief. She sat down and sighed. She grew impatient until she heard the door swing open and six mares and Discord arrive. Discord looked around at the huge room and the stained-glass windows. “Twilight Sparkle, my faithful student! My, you look gorgeous today, as well as your friends!” The princess said to Twilight. They bowed in return. “Thank you, Celestia. Great to finally see you, too.” She said with a serious tone. She was always serious with the Princess. Celestia got up and examined Discord. She grinned and looked at him. He turned bright red and grew shy. “Discord, oh my, have you grown up. I remember being in the hospital with you. I remember turning you into a baby.” She said. The mares watched and would occasionally glance at each other. They were waiting for Celestia to decide Discord’s fate. Was he to die? Or was he going to be kept alive and free?

A look on her face made Discord think she had come to her conclusion. “Well, Discord, here is what is going to happen. You were great at the beginning. You fell in love with the girls and they seemed to love you back. But…” Celestia began. The girls looked at each other with wide eyes. She wasn’t finished with her sentence yet. She started to trot around the room. “You ran away. You disobeyed the girls, and showed them that you didn’t like them. And that, my friend, was a horrible decision. I am terribly sorry, Discord.” Celestia looked at the girls and then to Discord.
The room was silent for a few seconds until Fluttershy, again, broke the silence. But, instead of words this time, with a loud cry. The girls were crying; all except Twilight. She held her head down. They all failed the princess. This was a first for Twilight. Discord looked at Twilight. She noticed this, and raised her head. Their eyes met for one final time. Both pairs of eyes were filled with tears and love. This was like losing your only son. Discord smiled and mouthed ‘bye’ to his mother. Twilight lost it and hugged Pinkie Pie, who hugged her back. She was crying the loudest.

Celestia readied her horn. She was going to eliminate Discord from Equestria once and for all. He closed his eyes and stood there, ready for his time. He couldn’t cry or think anymore. His life was over now, and it was his time to die. He accepted this fate. He waited to hear a zap from Celestia’s horn, but instead…
“STOP!” Discord opened his eyes to see Twilight standing and staring at the princess. Everyone went silent for a minute. Celestia’s horn stopped glowing for a second. She looked down at Twilight for a second. It hit Celestia hard in the face; she saw that Twilight loved Discord. Like a son. Even if Discord ran away, she held onto him and believed he would come home to her and the others. The girls truly cared for him. Celestia bowed her head and looked up at Discord. “Discord…I…I’m sorry. You and Twilight can go home, be happy. Forget this happened.” She said lightly. She smiled at Twilight and then escorted them all out. Discord sighed in relief as the girls went home to celebrate. Discord was going to be in their lives forever more.
~~
Twilight sat in her favorite chair in her room of scrapbooks. This room was filled with so many memories, more than Twilight’s brain and mind could even remember. There were ones from when she went to countless Galloping Galas, one with her friends on various outings, and a special one. This was one with an old friend that she misses each day. Now that Twilight was reaching her final days, she entered this room and would look at this scrapbook. She read each page, saw each picture, and read each caption below it. She remembers how happy she was when she was a mare. There they were: Rarity, Applejack, Fluttershy, Pinkie Pie, Rainbow Dash, and… Discord. Discord was long gone now. So were her friends. She flipped to the last page. Their last picture. The scrapbook ended after this. The last caption ended with “Best friends until the end!” Twilight kept that promise. She witnessed her friends and their funerals. Including Discord, who died in Twilight’s arms. She hated that day; she cried for weeks on end until her heart told her to move on. She did eventually.

As her eyes read that last caption, she rested her head and began her eternal slumber.

Comments ( 24 )

Lovely ending for a lovely story! Well done! :)

Sad, but a great ending!:pinkiehappy:
Still can't but feel something missing though...:rainbowderp:
O'well
:trollestia:

Ending feels kind of rushed to me

It's a nice ending, but I think it could have been stretched out a little via longer chapters.

How could Discord die, I thought he was a spirit, oh well good ending none the less. :yay:/:fluttershysad:

So ummm how did Discord die?

1639717

I was thinking he somehow died naturally.

1636537 wall of text, and remember when someone new is talking you have to make a new paragraph with an indent.

not bad
this whole story could of used some work even the ending was sweet/sad but it seemed hurried.
but this is a good story and i did enjoy it ^_^

D'aaaaww.

And also, Spike was forgotten forevermore
THE END.

1679403

...oh my god I never even thought of having Spike in the story.

:rainbowderp: Abrupt ending is abrupt...

And how did Discord die? Isn't he a god?

Great story :twilightsmile::twilightsmile:

If it was said that Discord was a spirit of some type throughout the story, then I could see him being killed, but both spirits and gods are immortal. They DON'T die naturally. But throughout the story, you referred to Discord as a GOD. God's do not die by any means. Also, Celestia wouldn't kill Discord, because to do so would upset the balance of the universe. You can't have balance without chaos, or order would grow to powerful. Then you would need to dispose of order, which would throw all of space-time into limbo forever.

What about Spike?

1944986 he is a dragon. he probably moved on when he grew bigger.

:raritycry: :fluttercry: :applecry: i hate you, you made me love discord more then i already did then you killed him, bad you, bad

If you didn't cry at this last chapter you are heartless :fluttercry::raritycry:

I didn't like this much. They totally screwed up on discords personality. Celestial is a loving and caring leader. Where is the plot, the action, the mischief, and intense moments?:raritydespair:

Ok I have to say this, this story had a promising plot but it felt so rushed in certain parts, also why is Celestia portrayed as being so harsh? Her threat to kill Discord feels... out of place, why wasn't turning him to stone a option? Had the story started out with Celestia going to Discord's statue and telling him his time has come to pay for his crimes and that he was to be exterminated and the stone prison was just his version of "death row" then the threat would be understandable and Celestia giving him a chance at redemption would be seen as her caring but the way it happen makes her seem heartless, that she was issuing a even harsher punishment for him wanting a chance at redemption. This was enforced even farther when she was about to kill him for running away and made it feel like she was looking for a excuse to kill him, she complete glossed over Discord's change in personality over a incident that the Mane 6 had already forgiven him over. Also how did Twilight out-live Discord? I feel there would have been more of a emotional impact had Discord's immortality kicked in and it was Discord who was glossing over pictures of his mother's who had passed away and remembering to good times they had, you could have even had Celestia get over her hatred of him and have her offer her friendship to him as well as a job so he wouldn't be alone, something to redeem her.

Login or register to comment