• Published 5th Apr 2012
  • 10,208 Views, 149 Comments

The Rebirth of Chaos - FlippyandDiscord



Discord has to live as his baby self with Fluttershy as his "mother" until he can prove he

  • ...
12
 149
 10,208

Runaway

Discord rolled over onto his side and let out a moan. The sun shone in through the shades as dust particles dances in the light. “Get up, Discord!” Rarity nagged. He turned over so his back faced the unicorn that stood glaring at him. “Don’t make me force you up!” Rarity slammed her foot down out of pure rage. “Get out, Rarity. She gritted her teeth as she lifted him up using her magic. He floated in the air as Rarity dragged him out of bed. He was still clinging on to his blanket and he barely noticed he was floating until Rarity slammed him down on the kitchen table. Rainbow Dash, who was busy brushing her mane at the table, noticed him and yelled at him to get up. Now that Discord was getting older, the mares thought he could start working around the house. “Why did you carry me? Let me sleep in!” Discord said as he got up off the table and stuck his tongue out at the two of them and went back into his room and slammed the door of his bedroom.

“He has quite the attitude now. He called me some very vulgar things the other day!” Rarity said with her ladylike voice. Fluttershy walked in to see the two mares sitting down and went to join them. “Fluttershy, Discord is becoming more and more of a brat and we need to do something.” Dash said. She sipped the water she had through a straw as soon as she told her. “I know. But it’s natural I guess.” Fluttershy responded as she trotted over to the fridge and pulled out a glass of milk. She drank the milk and put the cup in the sink. Discord walked out back into the kitchen and pushed Fluttershy out of the way. He took the cup, noticed it was dirty, and threw it at Rainbow Dash. He went into the fridge and took the whole milk carton and drank it down until there was nothing left. “DISCORD! THAT’S DISGUSTING!” Rarity screamed. “So what? What are you gonna do about it? You’re too prissy to do anything, remember?” Discord said. He stormed out and went into his room. “Wow…” Twilight said. Discord didn’t notice her enter moments before he freaked out at Rarity. Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy were just stunned. Rarity was bawling her eyes out in the living room as Pinkie Pie and Applejack calmed her down.
The mares gathered in the living room to discuss Discord’s actions. Rarity wiped her eyes on a tissue as Pinkie held the box. “We need to do something.” Applejack said as she took a sip of her water. Rainbow Dash lowered herself and sat on the couch and crossed her hooves. “He’s getting out of control!” Dash said. “We need to give him consequences! Look at me….are my eyes red, Pinkie darling?” Rarity turned to Pinkie. Pinkie nodded at Rarity as Rarity wiped her eyes. Twilight stood up on all fours. “That’s it, no more sleeping in for Discord. No TV, no fun, just work. For the next three…no, five months.” She said with a confident tone. The girls cheered as Twilight went in to tell Discord his punishment.
That night, Discord grabbed his backpack. He stuffed his blanket, pillow, and his favorite childhood teddy bear. He opened the window and flew out. He was running away to Canterlot, where he would live for the rest of his life. Forget Twilight Sparkle, Applejack, Rainbow Dash, Applejack, Pinkie Pie, and Fluttershy. They never loved him in the first place….
Hours passed and the mare, unaware at the fact that Discord ran away, were starting to worry about Discord. He hasn’t left his room in a while; not to eat or go to the bathroom. Usually, he would get up and grab a bag of chips and be on his way by now. Fluttershy noticed the lack of Discord and went in to check on him. “Discord, dinner’s almost ready….” Fluttershy whispered. She noticed the empty room and a note on the bed.
Dear ponies,
Thanks for doing absolutely nothing for me and grounding me. You have left me no choice but to run away and never come back. I hope you see this note and realize you treat me like a baby still. You don’t realize who I am. I’m older and therefore wiser. I can take care of myself. Don’t bother looking for me, you will never find me.

~Discord

“What’s taking her so long?” Pinkie Pie said. She was eating a cupcake that she made earlier. Just then, Fluttershy ran out of the room with tears running down her face. “He ran away, girls.” She sobbed. The girls went into panic more and looked at each other. Tears were gathering in each of their eyes and then they realized this is where the real Discord comes out to play.

The girls decided they would split up into three groups to check Ponyville. They might have to be out all night. Twilight and Pinkie Pie were one team, Rainbow Dash and Applejack were another, and the last were Fluttershy and Rarity. Twilight and Pinkie would look in the Everfree Forest, Applejack and Rainbow Dash would look in the square, and Rarity and Fluttershy would look by the rest of Ponyville. They couldn’t lose Discord, or the princes would surely give them a punishment and kill Discord while she’s at it.

Discord walked out of Ponyville with his backpack resting on his back. The sun was setting, telling him to keep walking before it’s too late. Canterlot was very far away from Ponyville; it usually took the girls a whole 3 and a half hour train trip. By foot and maybe by wings, it might even be a few days. Discord had to keep moving. Nothing could stop him in his tracks. But he had to sleep. But where?

It was officially nighttime in Equestria. The girls had no luck in finding him, so they told themselves they would look in the morning. They went to bed all teary eyed, wishing he was okay. Meanwhile, where Discord was, he gazed up at the dreamy starry night and shut his tired eyes. He heard clopping of hooves on the cobblestone path and the opening and closing of doors back in the village. Ponyville streets were never quiet. Discord eventually went to sleep, but deep inside, he wanted to be in his own bed back at Fluttershy’s house. He also missed Twilight’s goodnight kisses and Pinkie’s bedtime stories. He was homesick, but he had to keep moving before the girls find him. He had to teach them a lesson.