• Published 5th Apr 2012
  • 10,205 Views, 149 Comments

The Rebirth of Chaos - FlippyandDiscord



Discord has to live as his baby self with Fluttershy as his "mother" until he can prove he

  • ...
12
 149
 10,205

Babysitting Discord

Months were passing now in Equestria and Discord was becoming a fine young man. The girls were still together in the house and still having fun adventures with Discord. He was truly reforming and growing up. By now he was almost as tall as the girls and growing a bit more each day. The mares loved Discord and they forgave him completely.

Back in Canterlot, Princess Celestia looked at his progress. Surely though, she was seeing an improvement with him. His manners were clearly perfected because of the help of his wonderful and supportive six “mothers.” She sent letters to her faithful student Twilight about how she sees Discord as a nicer being and tells her to keep up the good work in caring for him.

In the process of these months, Discord has outgrown his crib and now he has a regular bed. He is a full 2 years old and it has been a full year since they first got to care for him. The only problem was he was not allowed out in public as much as he wanted because Ponyville has yet to forget the dreadful day in which chaos reigned. But one pony they know could be trusted: Lyra Heartstrings.

Lyra was a close friend of Twilight. They went to magic school together and they talked all the time ever since. She waved to Twilight whenever she was in the square and Twilight stopped to talk to her. The other five grew to like Lyra too. Lyra even came over one day and met Discord before he grew up to what he became now. She has yet to see the new Discord.

Discord sat on the couch and was playing with Twilight when the others walked in. Tonight was the Grand Galloping Gala and Discord had to stay home with a babysitter. He, shockingly, was perfectly fine with this. “My dress is gonna look fantastic! Thanks Rarity!” Pinkie Pie said as she did her usual hop. She bounced into the kitchen to get some water when Fluttershy walked out with her hair in a messy bun. “So girls, when do we get ready for the Gala?” The yellow pegasus asked. She obviously was excited for the Gala. “I think we should get ready now, it’s in two and a half hours!” Dash said as she flew into the bedroom to change. “What about me?” Discord said. He knows he wasn’t invited to the Gala. Celestia did this on purpose to see how he treats other ponies. “What ARE we gonna do about Discord?” Twilight asked and expected someone to answer knowingly, but no response. “Why don’t we call a babysitter?” Pinkie recommended. The girls thought about it, and they accepted the idea. Pinkie Pie quickly got on the phone with none other than Lyra. Then the other girls went into the other room to prepare for the night ahead of them

The girls were just walking out the door hours later when Lyra trotted up to the house and entered. Discord and Lyra were close friends when Discord was tiny. He hasn’t seen her since then, so he would be pretty excited to see him. “Lyra!” Discord ran to hug his unicorn friend. The two embraced as Rarity went over the list Fluttershy made of stuff about Discord. She made sure she put down his dietary recommendations, his bedtime, and any random thing she had the chance to jot down. She had to make sure he was properly cared for.

The girls left moments later. Discord laid down on the couch as Lyra followed. The two turned on the TV and relaxed. “So, Lyra how is Bon-Bon?” Discord asked. He knew about how Lyra and Bon-Bon were dating, but he did not get the whole concept of love yet. “Oh, she’s very good! We walk out on the town every night and just gaze at the stars glistening above us. I am really in love with her.” Lyra said as her face lit up with redness. “If you love her, marry her!” Discord said, putting his paw on Lyra’s front hoof. “I wish I could, but I am extremely nervous!” Lyra said. Discord saw tears forming in her eyes. “Why?” Discord was feeling a bit sad for the poor pony. “Well, I love her. She is the perfect pony for me. But a wedding is a lot to handle. And Bon-Bon’s family doesn’t particularly…well…um…like me. They practically despise me. Her parents wanted her to marry a rich stallion and live in Canterlot. But she’s stuck with poor me. I barely make it by on the money I have now!” Lyra burst into tears. Discord noticed how tears were running down his face as well. “I don’t think it should matter what her parents think. You love her! Go for her!” Discord said. His voice wavered a bit and he got choked up. He felt terrible for Lyra. “Thanks, Discord. I wish it was that easy.” She embraced Discord. He wrapped his arms around her and the two of them sat there and hugged. Once they released, the two of them decided to get some daisy sandwiches and some pop soda and watch a movie or two.

“Where do you keep the daisies?” Lyra said. She stood on her hind legs and on the stepstool the others use to get food. “Top shelf on the right!” Discord said. He hopped in the chair and slid it so his legs dangled under the table. Lyra was preparing the sandwiches while Discord got the sodas ready. He poured them so they were precisely the same amount. Lyra put the sandwiches on a tray and brought it into the living room. Discord carried the sodas and put them down on the tray that Lyra set down. Lyra took out blankets out of the closet and the two ate sandwiches and drank soda while watching The Real Housemares of Trottingham, Equestria’s hottest reality show.

The girls walked in giggling. Lyra left a note saying she had to leave early due to issues with Bon-Bon and said how Discord was the perfect child. Twilight went in to check on him and noticed he was asleep and he was smiling. She kissed him, making sure not to wake him. After she left, he opened his eyes and smiled even wider. This was the perfect night with his best friend Lyra. I wonder what was wrong with Lyra, he thought. He turned over and looked at the bright moon hidden by the clouds as the beauty of the moon sent him to sleep.