• Published 5th Apr 2012
  • 10,205 Views, 149 Comments

The Rebirth of Chaos - FlippyandDiscord



Discord has to live as his baby self with Fluttershy as his "mother" until he can prove he

  • ...
12
 149
 10,205

Found

It had been a few weeks since Discord ran away. Lyra kept him safe and sound in her house. Bonbon would occasionally visit the two of them and would stick around to tell stories about her and Lyra that always fascinated Discord. But, even though he loved Lyra and Bonbon, he missed Twilight and the others. He missed when the girls put him to bed and cooked for him. He missed his room and hanging out in there, too. He didn’t know how to tell Lyra he wanted to go home. How would he bring it up to her that he was going to leave her? Lyra was the nicest mare in Ponyville. Discord loved her more than anything. That was a lot, coming from the king of chaos.

Lyra was busy in the kitchen, cooking dinner. Discord approached her quietly and poked her. She jumped like she was startled and turned around with her usual gently smile. “Discord! You scared me for a second! What’s up?” She asked as she continued to cook. Discord sighed lightly and began to tell Lyra. “Well, you know how I ran away from home, right?” He began, looking down. Lyra stopped and turned around. “You wanna go home?” She said. She placed her hoof on his shoulder and smiled. “It is perfectly fine if you want to go home. I know you must miss the mares. I can definitely call Twilight or one of them to come pick you up. I mean, it’s not like you wouldn’t miss them. I loved having you here. You can always come back to visit whenever you want to see me, Discord. You’re my best friend.” Lyra said. Discord smiles. Hearing that he had a best friend made him so happy. He felt like he was going to explode with happiness. Later that day, after the two of them ate spaghetti with rose sauce, Lyra picked up the phone and called over Twilight. Discord just sat on the couch and prepared to see Twilight for the first time in weeks.

It was not long before there was a knock at Lyra’s door. She trotted over to the door and surely enough, it was Twilight. “So, Lyra, you found him?” Twilight said, hugging her friend. Lyra smiled and showed Twilight where Discord sat. At first, the two of them just looked at each other. But then Discord sat up and flew as fast as he could as the two of them embraced. Twilight even planted a kiss on Discord’s cheek as his face lit up a bright red. He could tell Twilight missed him. “Oh, Discord, we missed you so much! We are so sorry we yelled at you. Thank Celestia Lyra was here to take you in. Who knows what would have happened to you!” She said, not letting go of Discord. He was a few feet taller than her and bigger than her. He had realized how big he had gotten since he last seen her. All that mattered was he was going home.

Discord said goodbye to Lyra and thanked her for everything she did for him. Then Twilight and Discord traveled back home, even though it was pouring rain. Discord hovered over Twilight to keep her dry and happy during the walk. She rambled on about how much the mares missed him and how much her mind raced about what he was going through. Apparently Fluttershy thought he was kidnapped and sold on the black market and Rarity thought he was enslaved by those evil Diamond Dogs. He explained how Lyra took him in and helped him out during those last few weeks. The two talked and talked until they arrived to their destination. Rarity opened the door, and as soon as she saw Discord, she leapt up and hugged him tightly. The other mares noticed and they all had a group hug. “Oh, Discord, you’ve gotten so…big!” Rarity exclaimed over the excitement. Discord smiled at her. “I know. I don’t think I am going to fit in my old bed!” He flew around the living room. Twilight sighed. “I knew this day would come sooner or later.” She said, hanging her head down. Everybody looked at her. “What do you mean?” Pinkie said as she stopped hopping up and down. Twilight looked at Discord, who looked just as confused as the others. “Remember how Celestia gave us this responsibility? Discord is probably full grown now. We have…to…” Twilight started to cry. She had grown so attached to someone who once hurt her and her friends. She learned that Discord actually had a heart inside him. Rarity hugged her crying best friend. The others looked at each other as their hearts began to sink. Twilight wiped her eyes and looked at Discord. “Tomorrow I will contact Celestia. I will see if she is ready to see Discord. But for now, how about we all just drink some warm cocoa and talk?” Twilight said. The girls smiled through the heartbreak and headed for the kitchen .