• Published 30th Sep 2013
  • 3,297 Views, 58 Comments

Honey(on the)moon - James Rye



Entry for Third TwiDash Group Contest. Twilight and Rainbow are married and Luna had promised them an unforgettable honeymoon. But neither the place nor what the couple will undergo there are close to what they had expected.

  • ...
12
 58
 3,297

Celestia and Letter

Evening hold way in Equestria as princess Celestia hold a letter from her former student and her newly-wed wife. She wondered how Twilight's and Rainbow's vacation on the moon had been. She must admit it was a good idea of Luna to plan their honeymoon up there on one of the most romantic heavily bodies, inspiration for many love poems and songs, but she also knew the lack of interest this place could hold for the studious alicorn and her adventure-hungry pegasus lover. if she had planned the honeymoon, it had been somewhere south, with jungles to track through and old temples to explore. With luxury hotels to relax from adventures and explorations and a little island with a nice, comfy home for the days the two wanted to spend in intimate togetherness.

Her planned honeymoon for Pinkie and Big Mac wasn't as much of a success as she had hoped for. Pinkie got bored of the new places in the world quickly and the world was not ready to handle Pinkie Pie's "Pinkieness", she had to pay her out of several jails for indecent behaviour and Pinkie couldn't understand why others wouldn't like to hear a "smile, smile" song in a holy temple or why it's a bad idea to fire a party cannon on a marketplace.

Big Mac on the other hoof got seasick and when he wasn't sick he had to fulfill his husband duties to his wife who awaited those moments greedily. He had come back a few kilos lighter than he started the cruise.

But it's not like a honeymoon on the sun would have been much better, right? thought the white alicorn to herself. Then she opened the letter and read Twilight's description of her honeymoon till now.

Dear Celestia,

I write you from the moon, but I guess you know that already. But I doubt you know how much has changed up here on Luna's domain.
Luna and the moonies, that's the name of the moonfolk though I'm sure you know that already just wanted to point it out in case you don't, have rebuilt the ruins of the palace and its city and even built a super luxus hotel with lots of bedrooms, a huge dinner hall, an own casino and bar, many pools, massages rooms and saunas and they even have a library with many many books! Books I've never seen before! And they have planned to integrate rooms for fillies and foals to play in and a big adventure playground.

But we haven't used much of those offerings because we're too busy to explore the moon and its wonders. On the first day after our arrival we went to a huge festival of the moonies and we had tons of fun and before that we got some beautiful dresses from Luna's wardrobe called yukata and then Rainbow won the joust and she said before everybody-

Sorry, Celestia. I'm was getting too far ahead. Anyway,the festival was for the time the moonies were freed from Nightmare Moon's influence and became their old true selves again. There are many stands with food and games and a black dragon which gets followed by children who try to tease him till he spits out delicious candy. Buffy has given some to me which she had collected earlier so I can tell they're really yummy. Right, I forgot to tell you about Larry, Jerome and Buffy. Larry had been the leader of the nightmare shadows when Nightmare Moon was gone and the mastermind behind Rarity's ponynapping and transformation. He's now the mayor of the moonies and well-liked by his people. Jerome was the shadow creature who was our warden in our prison on the moon. He was the first to be changed back into his real form.
Buffy was the rabbitbat baby Fluttershy had found and taken care of on the moon, she had given her to Larry and Jerome and both raised her as their daughter. She helps out in the hotel and is a very adorable girl. I love her to pieces.

Looks like somepony is getting into the *I want children*-phase, smiled Celestia to herself. A couple years ago the princess of the sun had been afraid that her student might stay a studious wormbook forever, caring more about books, science and spells then about friends, other ponies and one day having a family on her own. But all those fears faded the more and more she saw the little filly grow into the wonderful pony she was today and she had her friends to thank for that. And Rainbow deserves the double amount of thanks to capture her heart and hold on it.

She continued to read.

But the best on the festival were not only the stands and people and games, but there was also a joust hold by Luna's thestrals guards and it was breathtaking,so intense was every fight. Rainbow entered the tournament for what I thought was the need for an adrenaline kick. I knew she was good but I didn't expected her to not only do so well against pros but also to win the tournament in the finals against Luna's guard captain who had been undefeated in every fight till then!

And then when Luna wanted to hand over the prices, she refused them: Land, title and even the possibility to kiss Luna.You remember the hard time we had before the wedding because of some old laws that anypony I marry has to become nobility and that no noble pony could be a Wonderbolt for reasons of a past age? (I still think those laws needs some changes)

"You'd be surprised how stubborn politicians can be, dear Twilight," chuckled the white alicorn, remembering the time before the wedding, it hadn't exactly been a stressless one for her former student.

Anyway, Rainbow told me before half of the townfolk that she didn't give up her dream to become a Wonderbolt, I became her dream. I was so happy.

"Smooth, Rainbow Dash, smooth."

Doesn't mean, she gave up flying for me and I wouldn't want that either. We talked about creating our own aerobatic flying team and who knows, the Wonderbolts might get some might competition from the Lightdashes. But that was during the dance of the bonfire, the ending part of the festival, before that we watched a huge fireworks with the others and tossed our masks into the fire. I'll tell you about the symbolism in pony, just so much I missed and the next day I wondered what would have happened if I had hit instead. But that wasn't everything.

The next day we went to the beach, a real beach with sand and a sea and tropical warmth on the moon, and we had tons of fun there with everybody till something happened I should have seen coming a mile ago. You see, Luna had warmed up everything significantly with her spells and instruments so that the moon would turn into the warm and bright place she wanted to draw ponies from Equestria to the moon. However the moon wasn't made for a tropic weather, the warmth let the ice melt and create that big sea but before that the ice had hold the continental plates together which rifts the water was extending the past months.

It happened what had to happen, the plates awoke of their slumber and moved again, causing the first moonquake the moonies had ever experienced. And said moonquake caused a tsunami which was one hundred metres high.

"Whaaaat?!" shouted Celestia loudly, causing two guards to charge into the room ready to defend their princess before any danger. As they saw as the perpetrator was just a piece of paper they apologized and left the royal bedroom as quickly as they had entered it.

Celestia had never heard of earthquakes and tsunamis on the moon, natural disasters which even the weather and season changing ponies of Equestria could do nothing against. The princess felt worry cross her heart as she readed the next sentences, hoping for the best and fearing the worst.

I wasn't quick enough to do anything against the moonquake but I was able to stop the tsunami just in time thanks to the "Earthquake and Tsunami" emergency case I had packed together with some of my own modified spells. I have to show them to you later! All in all we were really lucky as nobody had died. Rainbow and I worked the rest of the day helping Luna, the moonies and thestrals to look through the destroyed buildings and casted our spells on those which weren't destroyed yet to make them moonquake-safe. Moving away the rubble, getting everybody out of the debris of their houses and treat the injured took the whole day but with our combined power we managed to did all of that in a single day. The moonies and thestrals are as helpful and great as the ponies in Ponyville and Equestria.

A relieved sigh escaped the white muzzle of Celestia, it had gone out well. And that Twilight was able to stop a tsunami was something she couldn't remember even Starswirl could vaunt of. Those spells of her will be most certainly very helpful in the future. She smiled as she readed through the last sentences again, showing the humble side of the newest princess of Equestria.

Hopefully many ponies will take Luna's offer and see for themselves that their fears and doubts are unfounded, consented Celestia with Twilight's observation.

We then got sent on a picnic on a mountain on the dark side of the moon, where we watched the starry space and ate some sandwiches. It was a really beautiful sight, more breathtaking than any stargazing done on earth. I had never seen so many stars and figures even with my telescope on earth. By the way, earth looks gorgeous from the moon, am sure many ponies will love that sight. Anyway, that calm and private moment with just the two of us let me be honest with Rainbow about something I didn't had the courage to tell her yet because I was afraid it would hurt her or she would dislike what I started to long for the past weeks ever since I proposed to Rainbow.

You see, I had acted quite weirdly around her on the moon after seeing Larry, Jerome and Buffy. And before that on earth too on occasions though there I didn’t quite understood myself why yet. It was about founding your own family. Even though I knew I could trust Rainbow with everything, I couldn’t tell her that I wanted children on my own. To be fair, I didn’t have this wish before the wedding and before another of Pinkie’s possible “I’m pregnant!”-confession.

I hope you're ready to become a godmother because Rainbow and I decided we will get children and have already done some steps to make it happen. You should really put a more awake librarian in place of guarding the "Experimental Adult stuff" section. Even an amenable to suggestions filly could have entered the place and read books not befitting her age. Not like I did anything like that, just saying.

"Oh-uh." Celestia decided to have a serious word with Dusty Scrollkeeper about sleeping in working hours. First Sunset Shimmer who read about the mirror and other world behind it and now Twilight who had looked into books about explicit spells. What's with me and having students reading books behind my back which they weren't for ready yet?, wondered Celestia head-shaking. Her eyes wandered back to the letter's last paragraph.

Oh, and I should deliver to you from Luna that she had the idea to change the moon into a winter vacation hotspot which I believe will be way less risky than a tropic one. The cold will keep the ice in the rifts between the plates and instead of snow, the fine white moon sand can be used as snow. Rainbow will test the lanes on the mountains and I will help Luna to plan this through to keep all possibilities and dangers this idea might have in mind.

Thankfully the hotel only had minor damages, so they don't need to rebuild everything. The guests from earth can do so much here besides skiing and ice skating just like Rainbow and I have so much to do before we return home! Imagine it, I'm writing you just minutes away to ride on some meteorites!

And we still haven't tested the pools and the massages and the casino and the bar in the hotel or the theatre and casino and restaurants in town or the hikes on the moon! Jerome wants to show us a cavern system where there are “dreamstones”, the only place on the moon where you can find them! I and Rainbow have some great and exciting honeymoon up here and we will definitely return with our friends here on our next vacations. Hopefully you can find the time too to come with us.

Yours truly,

Twilight Sparkle and Rainbow Dash

PS: Haha! I won, Sister! Luna racks! I await the usual on what we bet when I return.

“It's called rocks." Celestia grinned at another modern stumble of her vintage sister. She felt a bit peeved that she had lost the bet, but she was happy that her Luna had a good time. For this she could survive a month on no sweets while being forced to watch Luna eating all the ice cream, donuts and cakes till her belly bursted. It gonna be a torture for the white alicorn. She readed through Twilight’s letter another time, before she looked envious through her balcony at the shining moon.

"I wonder if Luna will give me a discount."

Author's Note:

This chapter has yet to be fully proofreaded. I apologize for the quality drop. If you happend to find any mistake, please let me know in the comments. Thanks

This chapter was the first one I wrote 'cause bats had given the advice that it's easier to write a story if you know how it ends. So with this letter I got a kind of summary of the plot points of the story:
-The matter with the Wonderbolts/Marriage
-The family and child matter
-The earthquake/tsunami catastrophe
and
ofc the little bet between Luna and Celly.^^

However back then I thought it would take only 25k and less words to write all than and now I have nearly written the double amount of it.^^;

I haven't thought about it how much time and words would go into world building, like to explain the origins of the thestrales, the culture of the moonies or how the earthquake and tsunami came to be. Or how fun it is to write about a Storm Walker becoming evil to explain why Luna's captain holds a grudge against pegasi or how it would interest myself to explain to me why moonies have a festival "every day" compared to earth beings who have it yearly or too make it scientific possible to have a 100 metre high wave coming towards our newly-wed couple on the moon.

Though it was a bit stressed in the end, i had a great time writing this story. And I want to thank Timberwolf65, Jondor, Oddheart for their help for making this fic look so much better than I could have done on my own as well as the judges of the contest who allowed me to have one more day to finish this story.
Thank you very much!

I doubt I have much chance to win this contest given the great works I have seen enter it, but I'm glad that I had the chance to enter it and that I could finish my first multipli chapter fic to see how writing such a storytype works. Plus it had my favorite ship in it which was a nice bonus. <3

Thanks for reading. If you have any constructive critics or just critics for me please leave a comment, thank you. :)

Comments ( 30 )

3282543

His wife gonna have a yummy and sticky surprise then on their wedding. :rainbowlaugh:

3282636

Omg! My first comment on a chapter which is not the first one! :pinkiehappy:
It feels so... the same. :pinkiesad2:
Thanks for the daw. :twilightsmile:

3285804

Thank you. :twilightblush:

nicely done and good luck

3288255

Thank you very much, Lost. Especially for the picture you allowed me to use as cover. :twilightsmile:

3294609

Yeah, I knew I had to get this somehow into the fic but first time I did I was even more wrong than before. XD
I had it that several hours had passed on earth which wasn't very realistic though I thought I could get away with it 'cause magic and magical moon. I mean, that thing gets moved by an alicorn princess and has plants, animals and intelligent beings on it as well. PLus you can visit it with a rope and it has air and an atmospähre to breath in. But yeah I understand your explanation better than the one I found on the internet. I knew about the muon particle, but I didn't wanted to use it cause I think that was way too advanced scientifc stuff for a magical society like Equestria where magic is the basis of their technology as Faust said and not energy like with ours.

Really, thank you alot for this post, maybe I'll change the two wrong points if I get an idea how to explain it right. Right now I'm just glad I got it done in time to join the contest. Hope you enjoyed it. :twilightsmile:

Just asking... but do you want an editor... because i think the story could use one.... BIG TIME :twilightsmile:

3305887

Well yeah, I had two for the first chapters, but sadly not for the latters. Not enough time. :c
Why? Do you want to volunteer? I know I got problems with tense and the whole "when the hay do I put a comma down and when not" stuff but I kind of hoped the latter chapters wouldn't be "that" bad without a proper proofreading/editing.^^;

3306332 if you did not notice that i was offering my assistance with that message, then yes i am volunteering. i have some time tomorrow and will start looking through the chapters

Great story! This will go into my favorites. There are quite a few grammatical problems right now, especially with tense, as others have pointed out. It seems you're already getting some help with that. Apart from that though, there is a really good balance between cute Twidash moments (which stay precisely on the right side of being too risqué), interesting world-building, and exciting action. Awesome work!

3319640

Thank you for those kind words! :twilightsmile:
Yes, grammar and tense are my biggest weaknesses but thankfully I got helpful people to fix those mistakes of mine. :)
I love worldbuilding, it's what I love about MLP the most, right after the characters and its animation. <3
Though in this case the whole world or moon building almost doubled the amount of words I had planned. :rainbowlaugh:
But it was too much fun to write about Batponies who can't talk normally or how they came to be ("Storm Walker", heh XD) or why the Moonies have a festival every "day" and why the burn white and black masks and such. :rainbowkiss:
Twidash is my fav ship so to hear I did good on the Twidash moments is a big plus in my book as I was worried my first shipfic wouldn't be all that shippy in the end. :pinkiehappy:
it was also the first time I wrote real action sequences, especially with Rainbow in the joust and with Twilight facing the monster tsunami. I had all those amazing pictures in my mind how they do what with this and that expression, etc., like how in great movies and awesome cartoon/anime series, but it was really hard, at least for me, to write it down in a way that comes close to the imaginations I had before my inner eye. I'm glad to hear you found it exciting! :yay:

Well this story was extremely cute. I was actually starting to think that Twilight was already pregnant, but this works. I have yet to read the IDW comics and it took some adjusting for me to get used to Moonies and whatnot, but it was enjoyable. I am going to look into ordering the comics. Good job, and I would have someone go through and point out the grammatical mistakes. Mostly the wrong use of tenses. Other than that, it's fine. Good. work.

3345380

Yeah, somepony does. :pinkiehappy:
And man, you scared me with the "misstaken". Already thought my editor had overlooked a mistake just to see that I was worried for nothing. :rainbowlaugh:

3345758

Thank you very much for your kind comment. I used "Moonies" as race name 'cause that way even readers who haven't readed the comics yet will find it easy to relate what kinda race they are, at least I hoped for that effect.^^
I'm glad that you will give the comic's a try, they deserve more recognition in the bronydom. :twilightsmile:

Be a bit careful with the micro's though, there are some bad apples there though the Rarity, the Pinkie and the Celestia micro are very entertaining. That is if you wanna give the MLP micro series a try too besides the main one. :pinkiehappy:

Yeah, grammar and teses are my biggest problem. I hope though that my editors got most of those faults out with their proofreading and that you're talking about chapter 4 and chapter 6 who's proofreading has been delayed till I'm finished with "Invisible Wounds". Hope the non-proofreaded chapters were not too jarring for your taste. :twilightblush:

As for the pregnancy; I'd like to think that Twi and RD agreed to both become preggers to be fair for each other. And that they are arguing if they should get pregnant at the same time or one after each other and if so, who should start? XD

3346014
I do like the name Moonies for them. An adorable sounding name like that would do wonders for their image. Also, don't even worry about it. I have seen some truly horrendous writing on this site. The occasional tense misuse or error is no big deal. You write TwiDash very well. Do you have any more plans for the pair in the future? Or perhaps something else?

3346019

That ease my worries quite a bit to know I'm not the only writer with grammar and tense problems on this site. :twilightsmile:
Yeah, I got around ten Twidash ideas in my MLP fic ideas folder on my pc but I plan to take a short break first 'cause my semester started today and it's pure chaos like always. :rainbowlaugh:
But once that's done, like a week or two, I will make a new fic with a new direction I got a couple days ago in a thread. It will be about Fluttershy and Rainbow Dash, however it won't just stop with them and there will be some very surprising turns. I'll say so much, the thread was about Shy and Dash being sisters. Which I changed into half-sister and them being a couple without knowing it and then finding it out via their parents which will ensure lots of chaos and twisted turns. :raritywink:

as much of a succeed

*as much of a success

"You'd be surprised how stubborn politics can be, dear Twilight,"

*stubborn politicians

was a hundred metres big.

*correct term is tall or high, also one hundred. Normally it doesn't matter, but Twilight is... well, she doesn't skimp out on proper.

I didn’t had this wish before

*didn't have

I and Rainbow have

*Rainbow and I

3347210
3347356
3347387

Wow! :pinkiegasp:
Massive thanks for pointing out all those errors! Some of them are really horrible like soon instead of sun!:twilightoops:
Ugh, I was so sure I had written sun! >.<

Thank you very much for writing down the right wording too, took me a while to correct all the mistakes but that's more that worth it for a better reading experience. :twilightsmile:

You got a really keen eye for mistakes many would overlook after reading so many words and you did three chapter right after each other. That's amazing! :rainbowdetermined2: :pinkiehappy: :raritystarry:

Though I do hope those were all the mistakes you could find and not just the most jarring ones. Thinking about how many mistakes are left in the chapters makes me uneasy.^^;

3347903

I am going to be 120% honest with you. I have read stories that were so bad when it comes to grammar that I didn't read them. They had a really good premise, but the writing was so bad that it hurt reading it.

I wouldn't have even bothered looking (and while I was reading the last couple chapters I was checking because in one chapter I read I actually read the author's notes and started checking to try to help) if you hadn't asked in the notes. I would have found the few scant ones, told you about them, but it probably wouldn't have been even ten among three chapters.

I got into the story.

Also, glad I could help.

3348484

I'm glad you took the time to check those three chapters and find those mistakes though. Every mistake you found is a worry less on my author soul.Thanks for making those chapters a more enjoyable read for futur readers. :twilightsmile:

I have to say that this is one of the best Twidash fics I've read.

Good Job :twilightsmile:

3359470

Thank you for the kind praise you give my work, I'm happy you enjoyed it so much. :yay:
If you like Twidash, I'll hope you will give Invisible Wounds a look too, it seems to be as good or maybe even a bit better than Honey(on the moon). :twilightsmile:

I just finished the first chapter and so far, I like it. Predictable Twilight attempting to be prepared for anything. One thing I thought I would point out just for fun is that snakes and spiders are not poisonous, they are venomous. Here's the difference, poison is lethal when ingested (swallowed), venom is lethal when it enters the blood stream. What's really cool is that you can actually swallow rattlesnake venom and at most walk away with a bad taste in your mouth and an upset stomach. Here's why, by the time rattlesnake venom reaches the blood stream it has been filtered through stomach acids and the kidneys so it is completely harmless. Just saying...

3381004

What should this sequel be about then? I honestly have no clue. :applejackunsure:

3389128

I know I would always hold my first girlfriend dear in my heart. :heart:
If I get one, that is. <.<

3434907

I really didn't knew that. Edited the poison away and added venomous in it, thank you very much for your explanations! I'll try to not forget that when I write about snakes and spiders in future MLP fics. :D

3435053
Hm, now that you mention it.... that part about adopting or making their own filly sounded very interesting :scootangel:
Well but its up to you, I'm just always hoping for too much from people :twilightblush:

3435104

Well, I'll be damned. That does sound interesting enough (can't believe I forgot my own ending), especially with Dash's noble title and Twi's princess one and the whole friends move on in their lives too stuff. I'll add it to my idea folder and see what I can do about it when I find the time for it. :moustache:

Right now I got more than two dozen other fic ideas on my plate though and am working on a Twidash oneshot and an OC short story plus my RL-life keeps reminding me that multicolored ponies don't give you got marks or money in your pocket. So don't expect it anytime too soon. :applejackunsure:

3435131
Well, you say you're working on another TwiDash, so I'm sure to be expecting something (I am a TwiDash maniac....) :pinkiecrazy:

3435053

I'd like to see Twi get Dash preggers, and the Lightdash's would be pretty cool to read about. Other than misused words and verb tenses scattered throughout the later chapters. It's been a good story. Good world building, and characterization. But yeah a Lightdash's and Twi getting Dash preggers will be cutedorable.

Do the two ponies actually have kids if so you should write another chapter or better yet another story
I enjoyed this fiction very much
peace out
proudtobeabronie667

I noticed one spelling mistake

First Sunset Shimmer who readed about the mirror and other world behind it and now Twilight who had looked into books about explicit spells.

it should be

First Sunset Shimmer who read about the mirror

5533421

Thanks, glad people are still reading this story. <3

I like how this final chapter got the most comments from some of the previous if not all.

Login or register to comment