• Published 30th Sep 2013
  • 3,287 Views, 58 Comments

Honey(on the)moon - James Rye



Entry for Third TwiDash Group Contest. Twilight and Rainbow are married and Luna had promised them an unforgettable honeymoon. But neither the place nor what the couple will undergo there are close to what they had expected.

  • ...
12
 58
 3,287

Beach and Stargazing

Twilight and Rainbow were woken up by loud knocking on the door. Rainbow grumbled sullen and put a big pillow on her head to muffle the annoying noise which kept her away from dreaming. It was such an awesome dream about being married to a dozen Twilights who all tended to her every need before she even thought about them. Giggling she pulled the blanket closer to her as the Twilights showed up in different maid uniforms before her inner eye.

There while the real Twilight Sparkle started to wake up as the warmth of the blanket had been revoked from her body and the coolness of the room made her shiver. She groaned distressed as another long sequence of knocks scattered her dream into the winds. A dream she remembered only fuzzy images of as she slowly opened her eyes. Twilight stretched her limbs to speed up the process to wake up.

Immediately Twilight felt that she had laid badly on one of her wings. When she looked for the reason for it, she saw Rainbow still sleeping on it, misusing it as second blanket. Twilight would have been annoyed if the slightly fidgeting wings and twitching legs of her wife weren't such a cute sight to behold.

Softly she pulled her wing out under the mopey grinning pegasus. Twilight wondered what kind of happy dream she must had, before a third loud knock hurried her to the door. A widely smiling Jerome with a tablet of mugs and coffee on his sturdy back greeted her. He looked as somber and fit as ever.

"Good morning, Twilight. Isn't this a most wonderful day?" Jerome bid her a good morning and squeezed past her into the room. A loud snore and nasty giggle from a sleeping Rainbow and a big yawning from a half-awoken Twilight greeted him back while he put the tablet on a desk.

"Mooooraaaahning, Jerome. What's the time?"

"Oh, roughly at half past two at the morning." Jerome answered, walking to the shutter while Twilight moved in-between a state of sleepwalking and common walking towards the desk and poured herself some coffee. However the absurdity of his answer let her halt, the coffee pot still pouring into her already to the brim filled mug.

"What? You wake us up at this Celestia sleeping hour and say it's a good morning?" asked Twilight, confused as she was sure she and Rainbow had returned to their room around five or six in the morning. Had they slept a whole day through of their honeymoon?

Then she noticed that she had poured out almost all of the coffee pot's content in her mental absentness. The tablet had become a small dark-brown sea with two white islands in it. Quickly she put the pot away; her magic took the white island with the coffee volcano eruption in it and cleaned it with a tissue. Suddenly blazing sunlight blinded her, quickly she raised a hoof and wing to cover her blood-shot eyes from the white needle stabs of her mentor's fireball in the sky.

"Of course," said Jerome while he raised another shutter, making Rainbow toss in her sleep to avoid the merciless wake-up kisses of the sun to stay a little longer with the dreamily Twilight maids. Jerome raised the last shutter and turned to Twilight who looked at her mug of coffee as if it was a gift of Celestia. "I let you sleep the entire morning and miss breakfast but that's because I thought it would be nice- ah! Oh, right, the time difference. For you and Rainbow it's not half past midnight but uhm, a couple hours more..." Jerome spoke slower and slower as he tried to remember what time in Equestria it would be for his guests.

Twilight took a deep sip of her coffee. It tasted really good.

"Around half past noon," Twilight calculated, head much clearer thanks to the coffee reviving her spirits. "Sorry, Jerome. Rainbow and I still have to get used to the moon's time zone. Last time we were here everything had been dark and now we see our first real day in sunlight on the moon. 2 weeks of continuously sunshine, how can you sleep like that?"

Jerome chuckled, "We just hold a siesta every few hours, but thankfully we don't need as much sleep as you ponies do. I prefer the steadiness of the dark phase and light phase of our days up here, I couldn't imagine to have to live where every few hours the sun does up and down like a crazy Ping-Pong ball. Or that I have to go sleep whenever it gets dark. But looks like our sleepyhead here would make the day to the night and just sleep through it."

Twilight took another couple sips of her coffee.

"Rainbow always prefers to sleep in. Not counting all the naps she takes whenever she finds a good napping place. She's like a cat in that regard." Jerome laughed at her comparison. Then he grabbed the blanket with his paws.

"Then we gotta give our kitty cat some help to get on all fours." With one strong pull Jerome took the blanket away from the wrapped in Rainbow. The pegasi turned and tossed but remained in the bed and in her dream world with her many Twilights. Yet the dream maids behaved differently than before. When they had given her massages, food and drinks and kisses whenever she wanted them while sitting in a comfy sofa, they now pulled her out of it, put a hat on her head, a tie around her neck and a suitcase on her wing. And before Rainbow was aware what's happening, the maids pushed her outta the door of her dreamily paradise, waving happily goodbye.

'No, I don't wanna go~' Rainbow protruded her right foreleg to get a hold of that closing door, when it touched the doorknob she felt a soft and fuzzy contact on her hoof. With blinking eyes to filter the bright light in the room Rainbow woke up, checking what she was touching. She looked into a smiling purple face which left cheek was caressed by her hoof.

"Good morning, sweetheart. Had a nice dream?" breathed Twilight with a kiss on her hoof, eyes open half-lid like the maids in her dream whenever they were about to give Rainbow a kiss.

"Where's your uniform?" blurted Rainbow out, brain still in the makings of operating normally. Twilight blinked surprised at that question.

"What uniform? Do you mean my yukata?" Twilight asked, looking around for it and seeing a hastily thrown away bundle of her expensive dress which Jerome was about to fold neatly for transportation.

"Uh, yeah," confirmed Rainbow as she noticed she wasn't in a treehouse but a luxury suit of armor and glass. Then she smelled a great scent. "Is that coffee? Where's my coffee?"

Twilight shook the pot carefully to measure its content before she told her wife about her findings. "Either you drink the one left in the tablet or you can have some of my mug."
Rainbow put her head atilt, before she grabbed Twilight's mug out of her magical grasp and emptied it in one go.

"Puwah, now I'm awake!"

"That's good to hear, then you girls can get ready. We will go out for eating today," Jerome said while putting Twilight's dress on his back.

"And where?" asked Rainbow

"In a restaurant?" guessed Twilight.

"No, since it's so late in the day for you, I allowed myself to let my staff prepare a brunch on the pavilion near the beach."

"The beach?" both ponies asked, surprise and excitement audible in their voices.

"Of course. The sooner you're ready the sooner you can go see it yourselves." Jerome left the room quickly enough to avoid a collision with two mares racing to the bathroom, shampoo and hairbrush readied in hooves and magic grasp.

The ride to the sea outside the city was short and comfy thanks to the thestrals speed and luxury cushions in the silver and much simpler looking than the one they traveled to the moon cart. After surpassing a hill, Twilight and Rainbow could see a sparkling flat going on and on as far as they could see: The Moon-sea.

"Awesome! Twi, we can go to the beach! On the moon! The others never gonna believe us!"

"I had no idea there was so much water up here. Last time all we saw were stones, fog and some plants, but now it looks more and more like back home."

"It is a fairly new piece of our home to be honest. Only two weeks old." explained Jerome.

"All that got made in two weeks? Whoa..."

"He means this was done roughly a year ago, Rainbow."

"No, I really did mean two weeks in earth days," Jerome rectified his explanation. "Larry could explain the nature spells of Princess Luna better than I could."

"Speaking of him, where is your hubby?" Rainbow's minimization of Larry made the moonie in the driver seat grin.

"He's with Princess Luna, trying to wake her up and to get her back to business. There's still the work of yesterday left and other papers which need to be read and signed. The two will swim in a different sea than us."

Twilight's and Rainbow's grins and giggles were interrupted with their stomachs growling in choir. Jerome laughed and stopped the cart, a long and wide beach with white sand before darkish-blue waves greeted them and on a tiny hill before it was a pavilion build with a table and seats and a couple hotel employee serving the dishes. One of them were easily identifiable for the guests from earth.

"Hey Buffy!"

"Good morning, Buffy!" The moonie child turned to their cries for attention and waved back, spilling some juice in her talon on herself and the ground. They watched an upset Buffy reach quickly for a towel to clean up her mess, not looking what towel she was grabbing on. Twilight and Rainbow cringed as they heard plates break and food splatter on the ground. A distressed groan was heard of the other staff members.

"Please excuse me!" Jerome sped to the pavilion to get everything under control with Twilight and Rainbow in guide rope, both ready to soothe Buffy about her little mistake.

Turned out it wasn't such a big deal after all. There were still more than enough food for an entire family to get fed on and the couple enjoyed a great, vast and tasty brunch with Jerome and Buffy. The other staff members thanked for the invitation but they rather wanted to go hold a nap on the sunny beach or play in the cool water. Still Buffy felt down about her accident and wasting some of her daddy's food despite him telling her that this wasn't a big deal. Twilight then pulled the downcast child into her lap and told her during brunch about the lessons she had learned not to make an elephant out of every fly. Buffy was especially interested what an elephant is in that explanation.

She stayed in Twilight's forelegs till everybody had finished their meals. Her mood improved as Twilight showed her some of her magic tricks. Every time the child showed happiness at one of her magical displays or her talks about animals on earth Twilight fondled Buffy, understanding more and more why Fluttershy had liked this moonie so much.

Rainbow watched her wife during her conversation with Jerome about sporty activities on the beach, she noticed this strange look in her eyes though this time it felt more like an aura surrounding her body than just her face. Rainbow felt like she was close to understand the reason why Twilight looked so differently today, but then Jerome told her that she could drive waterski here with an otter moonie as motorboat and she forgot about it a second later.

Said otter reminded the two of them of the sea serpent Steven Magnat as he too had an elegant and orange moustache. As a matter of prudence the hotel staff had prepared everything while they were still asleep. Rainbow was on fire to try out some speed on the water and tricks to impress everyone and the growing audience of moonie and thestrals families coming to the beach to enjoy the sunrays of their first hour.

Twilight rather wanted to sun herself on the beach and wait till the food had settled before she gets into the water. With a fruit cocktail and sunglasses and a towel on the white warming sand beneath her, she watched Rainbow performing stunts on every wave high enough for her to get airborne.

Jerome was busy to put some lotion on Buffy against the blazing sun. Twilight felt a weird twinge in her chest observing this family display. Around her was the normal sight of families eating, playing and bathing with their children and friends, a sight she was used too from Ponyville and Equestria yet it made her feel lonely again. She looked up to the shy, seeing the blue planet she and Rainbow had traveled from. It was a different sight than the white moon one she was used to. Yet it was even more beautiful as she knew the many ponies and dragon who she all loved very much would await her and Rainbow's return. 'Feeling lonely is so silly of me. I should just relax and think how to tell Rainbow what I worry about.' A wet cool body jumped unexpected onto her back, she squeaked at the sudden coldness her warmed up coat endured as blue feathers and fur embraced her.

"Rainbow! Dry yourself, you're cold!"

"Eh, my cute princess doesn't want to get wet?" Rainbow purred mischievously.

"No, I don't and I don't like the look you got on your-, hey! Why are your carrying me? Where-, no! Rainbow, no, the water's cold and I-, wait wait waaaaaait!"

But Twilight pleas were unheard by Rainbow, who tossed her wife into the waves. Snorting and coughing Twilight emerged through the surface, registering in a side of her mind that the water of this small ocean tasted sweet, not salty. But the main part of herself was busy throwing daggers at Rainbow with her glares which didn't touch Rainbow at all.

"You laid on your lazy cute butt long enough, love. Time to get moving." Rainbow said and splatted some water at the purple pony in the water. Twilight narrowed her eyes and raised a huge fluid ball out of the water behind her. Rainbow watched the rising water ball with growing uneasiness. Her water tossing with her hooves was nothing against this mother of all water bombs. She tried to apply on Twilight's sense for fairness and mercy.

"Twi, that's chea-" Then the ball hit her full front and she laid on the wet sand, her body forming an sandangel in it.

"Everything's fair in love and war, sweetheart. Especially in water battle!" With a grin and war cry, Rainbow answered Twilight's challenge and jumped her in the water. The next hour they played together with Jerome, Buffy and other children who had joined their water battle. It came to a temporary end as Larry arrived at the beach, waving to them. Buffy run out of the water to jump into her feathery dad's arms who didn't minded to get a little wet to embrace his daughter.

Twilight and Rainbow left the water too as they had been in there long enough and started to feel tired, fighting water wars with so many children. The exercise had done them good though as both beamed happily while they walked wing in wing towards Larry who sat Buffy down and greeted them.

"Looks like you had a nice time so far. Is everything to your liking?"

"And awesome, gotta take a nap though to refresh my energy level." Rainbow laid down on the towel, letting the sun dry her fur and feathers. Larry sat down on another towel with Twilight next to him, while Buffy run back to help her other daddy fighting a hopeless battle against the moonie and thestrals children in the ocean.

"It's wonderful here, Larry. But why didn't Luna come with you?"

"Princess Luna is still working on the papers. She had sent me ahead and told me to spend more time with my family on those first hour sunrays. And I intend to take her word and relax as much as I can." Larry laid down on his towel. When he was about to put sunglasses on his beak, he noticed the intense stare of Twilight on him. Larry knew his siesta had to wait a little while longer if he wants to satisfy his guest's unspoken need.

"So, I guess you are curious about how this beach and water came to be, right?" Larry spoke Twilight's question out. She nodded, excited to hear how an ocean came be on the moon. Rainbow groaned quietly, fearing another scientific boring conversation when she tried her version of a moon siesta. They ignored her little protest though and Larry started to explain how Luna created this future hotspot for future moon guests.

"Princess Luna wanted us to become a great vacation place for the ponies in Equestria so that they could see themselves what good guys we moonies and thestrals are. The blackstone mountains on earth are not a place many ponies would go to voluntary and here on the moon we didn't had much that would justify to travel to the moon for a few day’s vacation. So she worked together with us to create a town which ponies would love to spend time in. She researched what was "in" for Equestrians and we converted her results up here. The pools, massage rooms and such in the hotel should make the guests feel like they are in good hooves, but we also got restaurants and theatres in the town and another casino as big as the one in Los Pegasus. We're thinking about other ideas as well, like sun driving sail carts in the ebene for racing or hikes on the mountains and caverns of the moon.

But it wasn't enough yet for Princess Luna's plan. She wanted this to become the number one vacation choice of Equestria and the nations around it. So she laid out her plan to make this a reality."

"The ocean."

"Yes, this ocean. Small in comparison to the ones on earth, but it's the biggest and sole ocean we got up here. A beach miles-long with white sand and beautiful tiny stones in all colors and forms for little children to collect and decorate their sand castles with them." Larry took a teal stone into his hand, half the size of one of his talons, for Twilight to see. "A sea to bathe and play in with two weeks uninterrupted sunshine, that's something nobody on earth can competent with. And in the two dark weeks we got our indoor entertainment as well as other activities you can do during the full darkness like stargazing for adults or hunting Glowflies for children. You two are not only our first guests but also our final rehearsal if we can handle guests and their demands or not. But if all or even only half of our guests are like you, I believe we will have no problems to give each of them a great time here."

A volley ball out of nowhere hit Larry's stone out of his hand and landed on Rainbow's head. The disgruntled pegasi raised, ball in hoof to see who was the offender of her interrupted nap she was about to have. Her grim expression lit up as a female thestral came up to their place with apologetic clicks and wing signs.

"Ah, you're the batpony who wiped the floor with my butt in my first round!" Rainbow's shout out made the purple-maned guard grin, she looked much different without her armor and helmet on. Her hair fell in wavy lengths onto her shoulders and the soft curves of her body were easier to see. 'Still holds no candle against Twilight.' Rainbow silently ranked her into her hotness list below her number one girl.

"She's called Nightflower and prefers to be called a thestral." Larry explained but Nightflower interrupted him with a few clicks of hers and a pointer to the theastral group she was with. Twilight looked past her and saw three more guards from yesterday's tournament, the rookie, the veteran and the thestral who had to give up in his match against Rainbow due injury.

´"Apparently she doesn't mind to be called a batpony, but she would like you to call her by her name. And she asks you if you want to join their beach volley match 'because they're missing a player for obvious reason."

"Oh yeah, I'm in! Come on, sister! Let's show those boys how beach volleyball gets played for real!"

Both ponies flew away towards the volleyball-field, one of six in a row. Twilight could imagine hundreds if not thousands of ponies on this huge beach who all could either swim, play ball, drive waterski or collect beautiful stones or build sandcastles. This plan of Luna's was a really good one. For certain, everypony who had been here will have a better opinion of the moonies and thestrals and thus of Luna who was their princess as well as of the ponies of Equestria. Yet there was still a part missing as her curiosity pointed out in her mind.

"And how did this ocean came to existence thanks to Luna?" reminded Twilight Larry after the interruption about the explanation he had promised her.

"Oh right, she used some fancy spells to melt the ice on and in the moon, said water then filled this gigantic crater, the second biggest on the moon by the way the biggest is on the other side of the moon, And in the past weeks the waves washed up this white sand and created this beautiful beach. If you need a more scientific explanation about what spells she used, you need to wait for Princess Luna tor return from her duty."

While Twilight was thinking about what she had heard, Larry finally wanted to put on his sunglasses and enjoy a nice and refreshing siesta. Then he noticed something odd. There was no sun which blinded him and kept him from sleeping. He opened his eyes and saw a big white fluffy something a couple hundred metres above him.

"What's that?"

"It's a cloud. Just like on earth. You know, when sunlight dissipate water into gas and said gas floats up into the cooler sky regions and there solidifies into clouds which then will later rain down their collected water. A normal physical circle happening in areas where no pegasus magic."

"But there had never been clouds here. A lot of fog, especially at night, but no clouds."

"Is that so? Must be because of the new ocean and the sun shining on it. Given how much smaller the moon is compared to the earth, the cooler regions of the sky lay much closer to the ground as well which explains why it formed so quickly after a few hours of sunshine." Other moonies looked around confused while the thestrals didn't paid it much mind. Rainbow's loud cheer was heard as she scored another point right between the rookie's legs which got him a slap on his back head by his veteran teammate.

"Will they disappear? The plan was to have sunshine 354 hours long, not for it to be cloudy." Larry was worried, this had not been in Luna's plan and surely wasn't in her intention as well. Twilight patted reassuring the upset moonie mayor on his shoulder.

"Don't worry, wild clouds usually either disappear on their own or will rain or snow or hail depending on temperature and content in the air. But that goes for uncontrolled wild clouds and we're lucky to have the best weather pony of Ponyville here. Rainbow Dash! Can you get us some more sunlight please?" Rainbow turned to her wife and looked up to check on the size of the cloud and the new smaller ones forming next to it.

"Sure thing, Twi!"

Rainbow talked to the thestrals and they agreed to help her to get back to the game quicker. Even the injured guard wanted to help out but Nightflower didn't wanted to hear anything like that from her boyfriend and told him harshly to sit on his bandaged butt and keep an eye on their ball. Twilight snickered at the dejected look of the guard and watched Rainbow and the thestrals pick up the clouds and push them away over an empty ebene behind the beach where they could rain or dissolve for all they liked. Larry watched this performance with growing interest.

"I didn't knew that the thestrals could still interact with the weather like normal pegasi."

"Celestia only changed their bodies, but never took their inborn magic. Guess if this should stay a cloudless beach you're gonna need a thestrals weather team who takes care that it's always sunny here." Rainbow kicked away the last cloud, waving to Twilight that everything was done.

"See?" Twilight turned to Larry. "Everything is just fin-" A loud rumbling sound interrupted her speech and seconds later tremors on the ground shook Twilight and everybody else through and made her almost bite her own tongue. Rainbow looked from the sky with shock how the pavillion moved so far left and right that its beams gave in and broke under the roof weight, which buried the leftover food under it. Shocked sounds of the thestrals guards flying besides her made her look towards the town where the round and many stories high houses shook and some started to break down on their unstable weight.

As quickly as the earthquake had come, it was gone. Rainbow flew down to her wife while the veteran guard told the others to fly to palace and city to check on their princess and their citizens.

"Twilight! Are you okay?"

"Yes, I'm fine," replied Twilight jarred but composed unlike Larry and the other moonies and thestrals around them. They either laid on the ground shivering or ran around confused or cried in shock. Twilight knew something was wrong. She turned to the paralysed Larry who stared ahead with open beak and wide eyes.

"Larry! Do earthquakes happen often here?!" Twilight asked with urgency while Rainbow flew to Jerome, Buffy and the kids to check on them.

Then he blinked as if he realised that he wasn't dreaming and had been asked a question, a very confusing question for the moonie.

"E-earthquake?"

Twilight breathed in sharply. 'Not good. This reaction is not good at all.' Her mind was working as to what the reasons could be that something happened which had never happened before. But she already knew the reason behind this catastrophe. A loud voice came from the city, Luna's voice slightly distorted as if spoken through dozens megaphones: A Message.

"Please remain calm! We just witnessed an earthquake! Please remain calm and follow your thestral officer to safety! If anybody needs help call for the guard! I will be soon with you! Please remain calm!" Then it repeated itself, a record, given the urgency and haste it was spoken just taken moments ago. Larry looked unsure what to do, his father side told him to go look after his family, but his mayor one wanted to check on the citizen first who had been hit harder by the earthquake than his husband and kid who were safe in the water. Twilight was in the same dilemma, not sure if she should fly into the city and help where she could or teleport into her room first and get the emergency suitcase out with its spells, scrolls and books first and be able to help better.

Then a cry stopped their inner battle.

"Twilight!"

"Larry, the water's gone! The water went away!"

Both looked to the sea and indeed, the water flowed away through the legs of Rainbow and everybody else in the water. The kids and some adults looked confused, as it quickly went further and further away, leaving behind sand and stones. Some of them followed the water out of curiosity and Larry too walked towards the sea, confused what was happening.

"Stop!" Twilight's royal voice made everybody halt and look at her, the entire beach's attention was on her. "Everybody get away from the ocean on to the hills! Rainbow, I’ll go grab the case, do what you can to help!" And with that Twilight Sparkle was gone in a purple flash.

Rainbow looked from where Twilight just vanished to where the water which was still running away now several hundred metres ahead of them. She knew what this meant.

"Jerome! Get the kids and everybody else out of the ocean! We need to go on higher ground!" Jerome jerked, but quickly grabbed Buffy and told the kids to follow him while their family members ran to pick them up out of the gone ocean. Rainbow flew to Larry and the injured Guard who had walked up to them.

"Get everyone away from here and warn the townspeople! A tsunami is coming! A huge wave which will bury everything under it! Larry, we need to do something!" Rainbow's urgent cry snapped Larry out of his confused stance. If his people were in danger, he would do everything to help them. He pointed at the injured guard.

"You, fly into the city and warn Princess Luna and everybody else!" The guard nodded and flew into the city as fast as possible. "Jerome, get your staff members to organize a route to the nearest hill! Make sure it's not a small one!" Jerome waved to the other moonies of the hotel and talked to the families with their children, pointing at a hill before the city, big enough to withstand a wave. Though admittedly, Jerome had no clue how big said wave will be. "And you Rainbow Dash, please take some thestrals and get those out of the beach who can't walk for whatever reason!"

"You got it, boss! And what will you do?"

"I have to go into the city and organize the evacuation, Luna will need help to save as many as possible." Larry started to run towards the city and Rainbow flew up to some thestrals, her years as weather pony manager and Wonderbolt team leader came to fruition as she organized dozens of thestrals to make teams to fly out children and elderly towards the hill. In a minute the beach was deserted of people and Rainbow flew back to check if everybody was really gone as a purple flash appeared on the ground.

Twilight Sparkle was back, suitcase in hoof. She threw the suitcase on the ground and opened it to search its contents for what could save this situation.

"Twilight!" Rainbow cried as she flew down to her wife, embracing her swiftly.

"Rainbow? Why are you still here? No, don't answer, no time." Twilight rummaged through the suitcase again, throwing books and scrolls out of it in her frequent search. Rainbow stepped back to avoid the flying objects.

"What are you doing here, Twi?" She already had an expectation, but hoped it to be wrong.

"I gonna stop the tsunami!" Rainbow cringed, she had expected that answer. She looked towards the sea and saw the watery horizon moving, a huge wave was coming their way, gaining altitude with every passing second.

Next time I’ll throw the black mask...

"Horse apples...Twi, we got a problem coming full speed!"

"I know, Dash, I know!"

Dash went closer to Twilight, in case she needed to grab her and fly her out against her will as she noticed the two feathers on Twilight's neck, blue and purple. Rainbow could imagine how her wife had looked through their room quickly for the case and how her look fell on their wedding feathers. Her expression as she considered for half a second to take them or not to take them and put them around her neck, just in case. 'In case she faces this wave alone and fails to stop it, she wanted something from me with her'

"I can't find it, I can't find it, I can't..." Rainbow grabbed Twilights face and hold her upwards, giving her a quick kiss to the lips to stop her rambling. She knew that valuable seconds were passing as she didn't said anything and just looked intensely at Twilight, telling in one look how much she loved and trusted her. That she knew Twilight would not leave this place if there was a chance, however tiny it was, to save the lives of thousands of people. And most importantly, that she would stay with her and see this through to the end no matter what it will be.

'I promised myself to never let this feeling stop you bring to me. I can't leave you here alone.'

'I feel so blessed to have you at my side. Thanks for staying with me.'

Twilight swallowed and went back to the suitcase just for her face to light up in joy.

"There it is!" She picked a green book out of the case and skimmed through it, searching for the spell to create a wonder. Rainbow breathed relieved, everything would end well once her smart wifey found the spell to save the day. Then she looked to the sea and saw water.

"Twilight..."

Water.

"No, nope, no, not it, no..."

Lots of water.

"Twilight?"

A wall of water coming at them with the speed of a train and the sound of rolling thunder.

"Got it!"

A mountain of water, growing higher and higher, coming closer and closer; an unstoppable force of nature, greedy to devour everything on the land and leave its mark for every survivor to remember for the ages.

"Twilight!"

It was directly before them. Twilight opened her eyes and everything happened in a second. She saw water, only water, her entire world was water. Her horn, ablaze in her magical fire, seemed tiny and helpless against those masses of tense water, darkening the sky as its height even covered the sun. She felt Rainbow Dash in a tight embrace around her upper body, her face pressed into her neck, trembling.

She cast her spell.

Rainbow Dash trembled, before she had closed her eyes, death was metres away from her to crush them into a wet grave and now everything was silent. Carefully she opened her eyes and raised her head.

The first she saw was the beautiful face of her wife, eyes narrowed, horn glowing and mouth breathing heavily. Twilight's beauty was even grander to Rainbow now that she had faced death so directly, so shortly before. She moved her view away from Twilight to the ocean.

A few centimetres before her blue muzzle was ice. Rainbow blinked and looked up, seeing a wall, dozen metres high, at least hundred metre in total, over them. The wave dwarfed them, being bigger than the hotel or stadium they had seen. It's tide was already over them, like the maw of an ancient leviathan, its ice tips sparkling like translucent teeths.

Rainbow Dash gulped hard. It was hard to believe Twilight had been able to stop such a monster. And when she looked left and right, she had stopped all of the wave's incoming strength, turned into an unmoving ice block. Twilight fell on her haunches, tears fallen from her eyes as she sobbed quietly. Rainbow felt the alicorn's body shiver and her own still trembled, but she squeezed Twilight as strongly as she could against her chest, glad to be alive, overjoyed that she was alive. The two ponies hugged each other, happy to feel the other's warmth, to be able to still feel it. Their touches and strokes comforted each other and let the icy fear inside them disappear, replaced with affectionate feelings giving them back the strength they had shown in face of such enormous danger.

"I almost peed myself" confessed Twilight through her sobs.

"I think I left out a few drops" joked Rainbow Dash, not checking if she said the truth.

If it was true she’d rather not know it. Twilight snorted, a wonderful sound in Rainbow's ears who snickered in delight with her. Twilight kissed Rainbow. Just like that while Rainbow was still snickering. Her lips and tongue silenced her laughter and replaced it with blissful moans as Rainbow put her hooves around Twilight's neck to let the kiss last longer. Heavy breathing, this time not because they had almost died, they broke apart slowly. With a relieved sigh Rainbow touched the feathers on Twilight's chest.

"Can't believe you even thought about taking our wedding feathers."

"I didn't know if you were still there so-"

"I know. I would have done the same."

Smiling Twilight took the purple feather on a chain and put it around Rainbow's neck who was about to cry so happy was she, knowing what she meant to Twilight and she to her. Their bodies met into another hug and they snuggled for as long as they could. Soon they would have to face what had happened around them, till then they wanted to enjoy the happy world they created for each other with their presence.

"Twilight! Rainbow!" Both ponies turned towards the city where Luna flew by, together with Stardust Chaser, Nightflower and some thestrals guards. Jerome and the moonies from the hill, which would have been overflowed by the wave

"I can't believe this." Luna whispered, shocked at the size of the ice incarnated catastrophe of death and destruction before her eyes. "There had never been an earth-, I mean, moonquake on the moon, much less a tsunami."

"It's not important anymore," interrupted an exhausted Twilight the Princess of the Night.

"We need to get to the city and help everybody we can find in the rubble. Please cast a spell to cloud this ice in shadows, then we don't have to worry about the sun melting it."
Waterdrops landed on Luna's snout and she cast the requested spell and shrouded the sea, the number one attraction place for her plans, into darkness.

Princess Luna returned with Twilight, Rainbow and the other thestrals and moonies to the city which had taken quite some damage. Moonies and thestrals were on the streets, children searched for their parents and guards were busy to bring the wounded to the hospital while everyone else searched for survivors in the rubble of what had once been colorful houses. Jerome carried Buffy on his back as well as Twilight's emergency suitcase with all it helpful spells and tips in cases of earthquakes and tsunamis. He addressed Luna anxiously.

"Princess, where's Larry? Have you seen him? He went into the city to help you."

"And he found me, Jerome. Be at ease, he remained in the city helping his people." Luna said much to Jerome’s relief. Twilight was propped by Rainbow as her legs still felt weak from the spell. She had used more power into this ice-spell than she had intended to. She wasn't sure if it was done because of her fear of death or because she had the pony of her life at her side, holding her till the last second.

She sighed and went away from Rainbow who was reluctant, but let her walk on her own.

"Jerome, give me the suitcase please." Twilight requested of the moonie.

Jerome put the case on the ground and opened it. Twilight took a couple books and scrolls and gave them Luna for they would be more useful to her than to Twilight in her exhausted state.

"Those are medical books and spell scrolls which can help to strengthen the build of buildings so that they won't break in an aftershock as well as to heal injuries and fasten the healing process. Your power is needed in the hospital. We can handle things in the city ourselves with your captain as leader."

Luna nodded, her face bearing no emotion despite Twilight and Rainbow knowing how deeply it must have hit her to see her people hurt and the town she build for their future half in ruins. She ordered the captain to listen to their advice and Jerome to bring the families and everyone who lost his house to the hotel, the most sturdy building in the town which hasn't taken any damage of the moonquake.

After Luna flew to the hospital to help the doctors and heal the many injured, Twilight and Rainbow worked out with Stardust an organisation to quickly find anyone caught in the rubble. Twilight taught the teams what rules they had to keep in mind when searching for survivors, finding them and getting them out of their predicament. Rainbow lead the thestrals ambulance teams to fly between the hospital and the destroyed places swiftly and safely. Stardust organised mixed teams of his guards with moonie civilists to cover a huge ground of the city. He and his officers themselves went into the most dangerous place to find survivors. Nobody had seen Larry who had been missing after Luna had gone to the beach, hoping to stop or slow down the giant wave somehow.

After a couple hours Jerome returned with his staff members, bringing food, drinks and towels for the workers and survivor searchers. He told that the rooms were filled with the ones who had lost their home or were scared to return to their house in fear of it breaking down. He also brought good news from the hospital, a few moonies which life had hung between life and death were out of danger thanks to their princess and her spells. This news raised the mood of the workers and they cheered for their kind princess who helped them in their time of need.
Nobody had the heart to tell him of Larry being missed.

In the next hours, Twilight and Rainbow followed a seemingly neverending circle of looking through the places where once houses stood, shout if somebody needs help, get a moonie with a good nose to sniff for survivors too weak or hurt to cry for help and then dig the buried people carefully. They lost count how many moonies and thestrals they took out of the rubble, how many were taken to the hospital for treatment or to the hotel for resting. When Jerome came with another load of food and drinks, this time with much coffee, the two ponies weren't sure if it was dinnertime or still noon or already in the morning of the next day on earth. They were tired and sore but neither thought about going for a rest if they still had the strength to help the moonies and thestrals in their effort to save the lives of their folks.

This time Jerome stayed with the search time and used his nose to sniff out buried people. Just half an hour later, he smelled a familiar scent in another destroyed place.

"Larry! Larry lies here!" His shout that he had found the mayor, buried under lots of rubble, doubled the effort of the workers and guards. Together with Twilight's rest of magic and Rainbow's stubborn strength, they managed to dig Larry out of his stoney grave. They found him with a moonie and thestral child under his body whom he had protected with with it. The children were unhurt, but Larry bleed from his head and shoulder. Jerome cried his eyes out while guards brought the children to the hotel to search for their parents. Rainbow and Nightflower flew the injured to the hospital while Jerome remained with Twilight and Stardust to search for more survivors.

Time went and passed by and the two ponies felt their bodies become mechanical. For sometime they didn't find any survivors under the debris of the fallen buildings but that didn't stopped them to continue the search. Jerome and Nightflower and to force Twilight and Rainbow to go lay down and take a nap. Though both tried to fight it, they fell asleep the moment they closed their eyes, laid together onto a mattress in a tent.

Careful nudges woke them up. Blinking the sleep out of their eyes, Twilight and Rainbow saw Luna standing before their bed. She had an unfazed expression in her face, trained through many years in many situations. Yet her eyes, red and puffy, showed that she had cried, but they also showed such relief and happiness. It were eyes which scared and calmed them down at the same time.

"Everything alright, Luna?" asked Twilight, worried what the princess must have seen in the hospital. They themselves had seen many injuries but thankfully no dead moonies or thestrals. It might have been differently in the hospital. But Luna just nodded as answer, her stoic face breaking into a smile while she sat down at their bed and the couple raised on their haunches.
"Did you sleep at all, Princess?" Rainbow's blunt question was due the huge dark circles around Luna's eyes. Twilight wondered briefly how long they had been asleep.

"No. No, not at all," answered Luna, her voice thick with tiredness. Twilight and Rainbow made space for Luna to sit down which she took thankfully. "Till a few minutes ago I had treated the injured with the spells you gave me, Twilight. You will be happy to hear that nobody died, we had over 200 injured but the few whose wounds were life-threatening survived thanks to those spells."

Twilight and Rainbow smiled at each other, those were great news. Better than they had hoped for.

"They survived because of your skill and power with magic, Luna."

"Yeah, don't sell yourself short, Princess. The townsfolk were jubilant when they heard you saved their injured friends and family members from death." Luna sniffed loudly, but it looked like she had already spent all of her tears. Twilight and Rainbow hugged Luna at the same time and Luna appreciated it greatly to feel them so close to her. After a few minutes she had calmed down and continued her report.

"Stardust and his guards are counting the last people, but it looks like we have found everybody of the town. No one is missing. A hundred buildings are destroyed and another thirty are in danger of collapsing. Rebuilding them will take time, but for now all citizens without a roof over their head have found shelter in the hotel and my palace. The Ice is still there, unmelted under the shadow clouds, you have frozen the entire sea, Twilight. My guards flew over it and only found ice from one end to its other."

Twilight scratched her head uncomfortable while Rainbow blew a whistle at the awesomeness of her wife.

"Uh, I'm sorry I've frozen your tourist attraction."

"No, don't be. It's my fault," sighed Luna deeply, her voice wavered with pain and sadness as she accused herself. "I wanted so badly for the moonies to be known as the kind and caring people they are and the thestrals for the strong and loyal ponies they are. I wanted so badly to be loved by my subjects that I changed the nature of the moon to bring ponies to want spend their vacation here. The ice had held the plates of the moon together like glue. Glue which melts a bit under the sun to move between the small rifts and which then froze in the night and hold it together for the next circle. But me melting so much and collecting it in one spot, increased the rifts and left the plates without a glue to hold them together. An moonquake had to happen sooner or later under those circumstances. They trusted me to build them a better future and I almost destroyed it through my short-sighted actions!"

"Woah, slow down, princess. You are loved. A lot. The moonies and thestrals out there? They admire you as much as the ponies do towards Celestia, if not more! You don't need to prove anypony anything. You're a great princess else they wouldn't love, would they?" Rainbow hold against Luna's self-loathing.

"And they will not blame you for this. Larry told us that they're happy that you want to help them. They carried this decision with you and will stand at your side. So please don't beat yourself up over this." Twilight argued against her the princess self accusations.

Luna sniffled again and wished away invisible tears, before she spoke again. Her voice was steadier and more collected than before.

"I'm so happy that nobody died. I guess we were quite lucky under the circumstances. Many were outside in the mountains and plains hiking and on picnics in the first hours of the sun. Thus few had been in the city when the earthquake hit it. Stardust's guards have found all of those who had not returned yet, only shock and minor injuries, nothing serious. But if that wave had hit the city..." Luna caught her breath, "I don't even want to imagine how many would have died."

"Why was it such a big wave anyway? I never heard of such tsunamis on earth." Rainbow wondered, trying to get Luna's mind away from the possible deaths to the very real wave outside the city's border.

"It's because of the depth and size of the crater. its walls acted like a natural Fjord and kept the waves from spreading out which left them only one way to go thus the waves gained more speed and height than normally on a real ocean. The flattest side, the beach, was the only way it could go." Rainbow shivered at Twilight's explanation, remembering how she saw this front of water coming closer at a speed she thought only she could reach.

"Yes, thankfully the ice spell also froze the water in the rifts, so as long as the ice won't melt the region is earthquake safe again. What spell was that anyway? I don't believe to recognize it, same with some of the medical spells and the building reinforcing one. Who were the creators of those spells?" Luna asked

"Oh, I made the ice spell myself and modificated the healing spells a bit to work easier" admitted Twilight sheepish.
Both Rainbow and Luna looked flabbergasted at her. Then facehoofed cause it was somehow obvious. Which pony would create an ice spell strong enough to stop a tsunami? Of course their overly prepared friend and wife who wants to be ready for every situation.

"Let me guess, you didn't test the spell." Rainbow guessed deadpan.

"I did test the reinforcement spell and the medical spells are still the same, just quicker to cast and less costly on power. But I didn't really had the chance yet to test the ice spell but it did turn water tossed out of a bucket into ice very effectively."
Luna laughed till her sides hurt.

Twilight and Rainbow spend some minutes talking with a much more relaxed Luna about the rebuilding of the city and to make it earthquake safer in case of another one happening in the future. After a while Luna yawned and the couple stood up from their bed like it had been the starting signal. When Luna tried to get up, they hold her back.

"You should get a snatch of sleep, Luna."

"Yes, lay down and sleep for a bit. We can't have the princess of the night fall asleep in public, right?"

Luna let herself be tucked under the blanket by Rainbow and Twilight. She felt how her eyelids got heavier by every passing second, but she had yet to tell them of her new idea about the hotel and of the feast which the town planned to hold on their last honeymoon day to their honor for saving this town from a tsunami.
But she was so tired...

Twilight and Rainbow smiled at the softly sounds of Luna's sleep as the princess drifted off into the dreamworld of hers. They went outside to get some food and to let the princess rest in peace. Outside was it still sunny as nothing had happened. Jerome and Larry waited before the tent, happy to see them without the princess.

"Did she fall asleep?" Larry asked, the white bandages around his head and left shoulder visible. The two ponies affirmed his question. "Good, good. She had worked the whole day and night through and used those healing spells so often the doctors wanted to give her sleep-inducing drugs to force her to sleep. Not that we know if they would have any effect on her but we were so close to do it anyway."

"We heard her laugh, a good sign. In the hospital she had smiled only sadly and forced. No one in the city blames her but we know she's likely to blame herself the most," said Jerome. "We wanted to give you a surprise after that horrible day you had. No, no interruption." Jerome stopped Twilight's and Rainbow's words before they could leave their mouths. "We just wanted to give you a surprise. Something nice for all the good you have done. We know you did that because you are good ponies and not for any reward;" interrupted Jerome the two again before they could get a word in. "But still, please enjoy a picnic while stargazing."

Twilight and Rainbow didn't had the chance to even ask how they're supposed to watch stars with the sun shining so brightly as a wooden cart with two thestrals, Nightflower and the Rookie guard, landed before them. Larry opened the door and waved them to enter while Jerome put a big picnic basket into the cart.

"The two guards will fly you to your destination and pick you up in a few hours. Have an enjoyable picnic and believe when I say the night without Luna's touch can be very beautiful too." With those words Larry closed the door and waved them together with Jerome goodbye as Nightflower and her comrade went airborne.

During the flight Twilight and Rainbow were quiet. They just snuggled together and thought about the past days and what had happened in them. After half an hour they reached the line which divides the moon into the sunny and the dark side. Their destination laid on the dark side of the moon, a mountain. Twilight and Rainbow left the cart with the picnic basket. Nightflower and Rookie signaled them that they'll be back in a few hours and flew away to let them have their intimate time together. Both ponies laid down and watched beautiful night sky. A sky they haven't seen that way one earth yet. A wild one untouched by Luna's magic to bring in order and harmony.

"Beautiful..."

"I've never seen the stars like this. It sure is different from Celestia and Luna's night, but fairly interesting in its own. I wish I could see some forms in it, but it's merely chaos. Discord would love this view, but it's a very artistic and frisky kind of chaos..."

"Twi, just enjoy the show, will ya?"

The couple watched the movement and blinking of the stars in solemn silence while eating Jerome's sandwiches. The ones with the red honey were their favorites. After their bellies were stuffed, they cuddled together as the dark side was colder than the sunny one, but nothing they couldn't handle. Then Twilight begun with a sudden question.

"Remember your confession to me with the sudden kiss?"

"Eh? Uhm, yeah. Was quite funny how I almost lost my eye because of it."

"I mean what I said afterwards, about being not gay."

"Ah, that...," Rainbow remembered it clearly though she wouldn't mind forgetting about it. Besides the unsuccessful first kiss and the messed up first date, she considered her flying away from Twilight after hearing what she said one of the lowest points of her cool list. Especially since Twilight flew after her and did her best to keep up with her but of course she escaped her. She spend hours crying on some cloud before she returned home, night already fallen in. On the front of her door sat a purple alicorn, waiting for her. She had waited the entire day for her to return. Rainbow had never felt so ashamed before in her life.

They talked it out, in front of her door. That Twilight wasn't entirely sure about the whole straight/gay business as she never cared much for dating and love just like for friendship before meeting them. About how she was willing to give her friend a chance to win her heart. About when said first date should happen. Rainbow took the chance and succeed as Twilight noticed during the first date that she's in love with her, despite all the mayhem happening. Twilight continued, now that she was sure they were on the same paper of the conversation.

"You see, I really haven't thought much about my romantic life. I thought one day I would find a nice stallion, have a job under the princess, a pretty house with garden and a couple children, running between my legs and calling me mom. And now I'm married to the most wonderful mare in my life and I couldn't be happier. And yet there's something missing, something essential for families..."

"You wanna have children, Twilight?" Rainbow asked in surprise the mare in her embrace. "You mean, like a real family, mommy, daddy and two little copies of our mixed selves? So that's why you were so strange around Buffy and her daddies. You wanted to have that with me. Why didn't you tell me before?"

"Because I haven't really noticed it myself until during the wedding. When Pinkie came to me and told me that her menstruation hadn't come yet, though we both know this will be the fifth mistaken pregnancy of her, I swear her cycle can be as unpredictable as she herself. But after that I suddenly saw myself when I was a little girl, drawing a picture about my grown up self, married to a handsome prince charming and playing with our children. But well, instead of a handsome prince I got a gorgeous princess. And while I know she likes kids very much, I didn't know what she thought about being a parent herself. "

Rainbow squeezed Twilight in response a little closer to her side, both staring into each other eyes while Twilight continued.

"But after you took my worries about me costing you your beloved job, I knew I could tell you about it. Even if you don't agree with it or believe it's too soon or that it gets in the way of starting our own flying aerobatic team. It was clear that you had the right to know what's going on with me and I should have told you sooner. I just wanted it to be something that you would want to as well. I wasn't sure yet if you had a big wish to have children like I do. You must think I'm stupid to talk about having babies right in our honeymoon." sighed Twilight into Rainbow's fur.

"No, Twi, I don't. I've seen this kind of happiness in their eyes as well, a happiness you don't achieve with simply two ponies but more. And to be honest, I kind of want to have it too. But more of all, I want to have it with you, love. Raising children together with you will be greater fun than having my own stunt team. Though we two know we're gonna get both someday." Rainbow blushed at how corny her words sounded to her own ears. "Ah, dang! Listen to me getting all mushy again 'cause you're being so cute."

"Oh sweetheart, you know I like you the most when you're "mushy"." Twilight leaned in closer to Rainbow, kissing her neck lightly which made the pegasus blush spread till to the place she had touched with her lips.

"So, we gonna do it?" asked Twilight excited.

"Well, yeah. Guess we gonna have to adopt a child in an orphanage or something like that."

"Or make our own"

"Our own?" Rainbow had a vague idea what Twilight meant, but she wanted to hear it from her magical wife herself to be sure of her hunch.

"I know a spell or two for that, you know?" Twilight's voice was full-on seductive mode, eyes half-lid and her lips smiling this little devilish smile Rainbow loved so much.

"Oooh, kinky~" She couldn't wait to test that spell.

"You're gonna make a great mommy, Rainbow," whispered Twilight, nibbling happily on Rainbow's left ear end.

"Yea-wait, I'm the one who's gonna get preggers?" Rainbow shouted shocked, her happy fantasy going up in smokes.
Worriless, happy laughter rang out through the hills and valleys of the moon.

Author's Note:

This chapter has been fully proofreaded by Odycay. Thank you very much for your help, Ody!

This chapter was about the results of trying to turn the moon into a holiday paradise. I mean, there's a reason why the moon is cold and foggy and not a tropic beach paradise, right?^^

Problem was that while I saw in the comic that you could live on the moon and that it had inhabitans and animals and plants and such, it wasn't really clear how the ecosystem functions up there. So I made my own with the ice deep under the moon surface keeping it earthquake-safe and how Luna's idea to create a big sea changed that.

Plus it gave me a good reason for Twi to use her emergency case which I think is a "Chekhov's gun" if I'm not wrong. XD
And the image of Twi standing up to a nature catastrophe, a hundred metres huge waterwave, and her wife on her chest, her horn blazing with magic, knowing it's all or nothin - oh boy! <3

I hope the ending was to your liking and that you see that both Twi and RD will have a fun and interesting life ahead with getting children and creating the Lightbolts and all the other adventures that will happen in their future life together.

Thank you very much for reading, I hope you'll enjoy the epilogue aswell. :)