• Published 30th Sep 2013
  • 3,289 Views, 58 Comments

Honey(on the)moon - James Rye



Entry for Third TwiDash Group Contest. Twilight and Rainbow are married and Luna had promised them an unforgettable honeymoon. But neither the place nor what the couple will undergo there are close to what they had expected.

  • ...
12
 58
 3,289

Travel and Dinner

The travel up to the moon was the most wonderful journey Twilight and Rainbow had ever been on. They saw Equestria from high above the sky; higher even than Rainbow could fly. The whole of Equestria, with its mountains, plains, forests, seas and coasts and its little light points where stood the settlements of ponykind. The two lovers could do nothing but stare in awe at their earth and how their home town became a spark of light in a moonlit darkness until even that light disappeared and they entered space. Luna had cast the same spell she used back then on their adventure to save Rarity from Nightmare Moon around the carriage and the batponies, so Twilight and Rainbow could enjoy the show the princess of the night had prepared for them.

This show of shooting stars flying by, leaving glowing colorful figures in the airless space which slowly disintegrated into nothingness, didn't leave them speechless. Lots of “wows” and shouts of “awesome” were uttered by Luna's passagers, and when her masterpiece came up, a purple heart with a blue arrow piercing through, the two ponies behind her went silent yet again; too busy cuddling closer to each other and holding their hooves while sharing a deep kiss as the magical drawing faded away.

It was a travel both Twilight and Rainbow would speak of for the rest of their lives, and yet it was way too short for their tastes. The trip to the moon didn't even last half an hour. Soon the white moon grew bigger and bigger as the magically enhanced wings of Luna and the thestrals brought them closer and closer; each stroke of their wings passing entire miles.

Rainbow could see how her wife bit her lower lip and trembled slightly as she withheld her curiousity to ask Luna what spells she had casted in what way to make this journey seem so light and fast in a lifeless environment. With a grin she nudged the purple nerd and nodded towards the midnight blue alicorn, whose horn was constantly glowing through the entire journey.

With a huge smile and a quick hug around Rainbow's neck as thanks, Twilight blurted out what she had wanted to ask the princess since they began their grand adventure to the moon: "I'msosorrytoaskyouthiswhileyou'rebusy,butcouldyoupleasetellmewhatspellsyouusedtomakeallthispossible?!'"

In Twilight's eyes burned the fire of the scientist of magic and explorer of old dusty books with a passion; hotter than the sun. In Luna's eyes only blinked confusion after a failed attempt to determine what her dear friend wanted from her.

"She wants to know the cool spells you used," Rainbow translated, laughing.

"Oh, no problem. See, Twilight, I used the spells Starswirl the Bearded created for fast traveling: which has to be cast on each hoof and wing to keep the same energy on all limbs; else there's a risk of injury for the affected pony if one limb works in a higher magical output than the another. It was usually used for travelling on earth and through the sky, but I found out that it can be used in space as well; as long as you use the bubble spell created by Burst Bubbles together with the invisibility spell Unseen Sunshy invented, and the air creating spell of Algae." Now Luna moved into archmage gear and Twilight didn't even thought about stopping her. Rainbow feared for a long boring discussion about stuff that didn't really interested her. Luna continued her statement about her safe space traveling spell combinded of several spells.

"You have to make sure you cast the bubble spell before the air spell; else your bubble's air capaciity will shrink during the travel. However, do not use too much magic for the air spell; else the bubble might burst. So your calculation for the volume of both bubble and air is the key to success or failure - too small and you will suffocate; too big and the bubble might lose its stability. As for my starshooting spells, I had to..."

At that point Rainbow shut down her mind. Dork talk about spells had never been particularly exciting for her. But she liked to see the smile on the face of her beloved widen as she soaked in all the new knowledge she could gather. Rainbow knew that Twilight would be able to send everyone up to the moon in a similar manner once she had seen and understood the principle behind the spells. She remembered how, during a stunt training session, Twilight had looked at her with a blush and she had asked afterward if she was so red in the face because of her awesomeness, or because she was so amazing. Twilight had pulled her in on the cloud and given her a kiss on the cheek; whispering in her ear that she enjoyed the joy the pegasu felt each time she flew.

Everytime you're in the sky, my heart is with you. Seeing you happy makes me so happy I can't help but blush, love.

Rainbow had turned as red as a tomato before she tossed Twilight into the cloud and had a cloudball fight with her to hide her own embarassment. But she understood precisely how Twilight felt. Everytime her lovely bookworm read a book or worked, fully concentrated on her experiments, it was much more interesting to watch her than to nap or to read a Daring Do book. In such moments Twilight was the purest of her self; it was like she saw 120% of Twilight Sparkle, of the pony she held the deepest feelings she could imagine for somepony else. It was during these moments that she couldn’t help but smile at the happiness her Twilight radiated. And when Twilight caught her in said moments, it was impossible not to blush.

The pegasus moved her head underneath Twilight's chin, nuzzling her neck and putting a purple wing around her to feel as much of the princess of her heart around her as possible. Twilight blushed madly, but said nothing. She moved her wing into a more comfortable position and smiled Rainbow’s shiny, rose-colored eyes.

It should be forbidden to be so cool and adorable at the same time. Twilight thought, and gave a kiss to a forehead covered by a rainbow-mane; which made Rainbow sigh happily.

"I know, it's late at night but keep your amorous activity for the bedroom which we have prepared for you," Luna teased; unable to hide the glee in her voice. Twilight and Rainbow laughed with her, and tightened their hug; as if they wanted to melt into one body. The days where even a simple tease made them blush and look away from each other, or stutter excuses, or jump apart were long gone.

"Hey, Luna. When will we arrive on the moon?" Rainbow asked, "I can't wait to challenge the famous stamina of an alicorn princess tonight. I got lots of ideas how to exhaust it." Her last sentence was whispered in a husky voice, leaving a trail on pecks on Twilight's neck. Twilight's heart beat faster, already feeling the endorphines and oxytocins converting her brain to a playground of naugthy images and mushy thoughts.

"We're almost there. Soon you'll see your destination. A place which no couple before you have been. At least no earthly couple that is."

Twilgiht and Rainbow broke out slowly from their embrace, looking upon what Luna had promised them.

The Moon was huge now; taking up the majority of their gaze. White and grey, full of craters and mysteries, branded by a thousand years long history; waved aside as a child scaring fable. A place full of wonders and creatures you wouldn't even find in Equestria. A place which once held grand nightmares, and where even grander courage had brought forth the light of friendship to banish the shadows of fear and hate. A place which held personal memeories and which inspired many ponies to write the most wonderful works in poem and novels.

And it would be the place where Twilight and Rainbow would celebrate their honeymoon.

"We're here! Station Hotel Moonshine Deluxe! We thank you for traveling with Luna Express, and hope you had a nice flight! Please recommend us if you enjoyed it!" Luna's voice got louder as she slowed down, and the thestrals changed course toward a huge crater. A crater which held, upon closer inspection, a city. A big city lights that shimmered blue and red, with a silver palace at its end, and a big plaza in the center, where the majority of the lights burned.

They landed in the plaza; in a crowd full of creatures that seemed both fantastic and impossible, all holding laterns that glowed in several colors. Not one of them looked the same; be it in color, size or shape. Yet all bore the same look, one of eager joy and hope. As soon as their carriage landed, the weird creatures; which to describe each in full detail would take countless hours, cheered loudly for both Luna and the newly-married couple. Banners were raised, welcoming Luna back and wishing Twilight and Rainbow a happy stay, and congratulating them on their marriage.

"Wow, we're like rockstars, or Wonderbolts." Rainbow marveled at the sight of hundreds, maybe thousands of moon folk waving their laterns and banners while they got off the carriage.

"I wasn't expecting this either. Did you organize this, Luna?" Twilight asked, flabbergasted; seeing banners representing a "Princess Twilight Fan-Club," "Rainbow Dash Fan-Club-Moon Departement" and "Twidash Forever".

"You girls played a significant role in freeing them from Nightmare Moon’s dark magic, which had rendered them nothing but shadowy monsters; grieving for their lost felicity and basking in the zest of making others feel the same. That they're back to their former selves, that they can enjoy life without vision of hatred and greed, is thanks to you and your friends. You're heroes to them." Luna explained as she disembarked as well.

Rainbow puffed her chest up, proudly, and waved to the crowds; triggering a huge rejoice, and even one or two creatures with rainbow-colored wigs on their heads failing unconscious. Twilight blushed, and made a half-hearted attempted to wave at the moon folk; stopping quickly, as it caused the people to go hysteric in their shouting and cheering. Twilight was a hundred procent certain that a dozen of them lost consciousness. She didn't want to imagine the results of Fluttershy or Rarity waving.

Luna directed the thestrals to collect the luggage from the cart as it arrived to the scene. Twilight and Rainbow waved to the people around them, signed a couple autographs, and looked at the round houses; some of which looked like ice cream scoops towering several floors up into the dark sky. Each looked differen; some were colored in one color alone, while others had patterns, others had drawings on them of Moonfolk dancing, and the Elements of Harmony besting the evil of Nightmare Moon. Still others had many varieties of ornaments and shapes carved in.

But what really caught their gazes was a huge building; white with brilliant windows everywhere. What made it stick out of the other big houses was not only its size, but that it was square-shaped. A ball-like smaller building lay within its entrance with a big crystalline door in front and the letters “Moonshine Deluxe” above it. Two smaller buildings resembling pyramids were stationed to the sides of the hotel, making it seem more like some weird castle than a place to sleep and eat in.

"Is that..." Rainbow breathed, trying to calculate how many years she would have had to work to normally book such an extravagant hotel. She would probably need more than a lifetime’s worth of what she earned as a Weatherpony.

"I think so..." Twilight murmured back, wondering how Luna managed to build all this in just a few years. This city certainly wasn't here when they had first travelled to the moon.

Two moon creatures made their way till they stood before the two ponies. One looked like a beige-colored dog, but it was much bigger than any dog they had seen until now. It had huge ears lined from within with blue scales; same as the floating dermas had, each connecting its hind and front legs. Very long and sharp eyebrows; seeming more like horns or antennas than simple eyebrows, adorned its friendly face above it's warm, golden eyes. Small blue flames danced on its back and its tail. It bowed before them, introducing itself in a bell-like voice.
"My name is Jerome. At your service, noble guests."

The other was a huge bird creature, walking on two legs. It had light purple feathers; dark purple feathers surrounding its yellow eyes like a mask. It had a pink colored front, which scaled its stomach up to its pink hawk beak and rose-colored cheek feathers. It bowed gracefully before Twilight and Rainbow, and through a dark, toned soprano voice introduced himself.

"My name is Larry. At your service, noble guests. As mayor of Mondhausen, I welcome you in the name of all Moonies. I wish you a happy vacation in our humble home."

Both rose from their bow, waiting for their guests to reply, and found them starring back, dumb-founded.

"Ah, you guys! I remember you; you were that sleepy guard before our cells!" the pegasus shouted enthusiastically, pointing to the canine moonie and then to the bird-like moonie. "And you were that guy leading Nightmare's shadow army. I think your name was “Shadowfly” or something like that." Larry grimaced in response to the blunt reminder of their first meeting. Jerome just chuckled, quietly.

"It was Shadowfright, Rainbow, and put down your hoof, please. It's rude to point at people," Twilight corrected her mate. She wasn't really angry at her, though; this was hardly Rainbow’s worst public display. It was better than the time Rainbow had been drunk at Princess Celestia's Grand Galloping Gala and stormed the stage, grabbed a microphone and started to sing a saucy ballad in her girlfriend's honor before everypony. Twilight stepped forward to give a proper reply in Rainbow's stead.

"Thank you for the lovely welcome, Larry and Jerome. And thank you all for being here to give us a welcome we had never expected, Moonies. We're happy to spend our honeymoon here; your presence makes it an even happier experience. Thank you all very kindly."

Loud cheering and applause errupted again; showering the two in congratulations and compliments.

Luna stepped up; raising a hoof, and spoke in her royal Canterlot voice.

"Party time is over, Moonies. Give our guests their space and privacy. Remember to be on your best behaviour at all times, and to fulfill the wishes of our dear guests." With Jerome and Larry, Luna guided the two ponies through the crowd towards the hotel, followed by the thestrals carrying their luggage. The Moonies slowly made their way home as Twilight and Rainbow entered their hotel through the crystal doors.

Inside blue and purple carpets covered the floor, a large fountain featuring the Elements of Harmony, Luna and Spike stood in its center; each pony and dragon looking so alive it was as if they would jump off the pedestal and go for a walk. The thestrals passed them and went up the silver stairs while Jerome and Larry excused themselves to check on the staff and the preparations. Luna gave the newly-weds a tour through her luxury hotel. It had everything you would need for a fulfilling vacation and more: swimming pools with varied water temeratures, a sauna, lots of massage rooms, a playground for little kids, indoor minigolf, a library with comfy sofas, a bar and a casino for the grown-ups and a huge video game hall - to which Luna admitted to have played weeks in.

"You really spared no expense, Princess Luna," Rainbow said while staring at the bowling alley, one of seven other activities inside this hotel, which was beginning to seem too small for all it had to offer.

"Of course. It should offer the ponies of Equestria everything their heart desires so that they'll come to love this place and its inhabitants," Luna explained, proudly.

"And you just happen to be one of those inhabitants, right Luna?" Twilight asked, with a knowing grin, remembering how devasted Luna was a couple years ago when she read in a newspaper which had polled its readers on who was most popular princess in Equestria. She was last place.

"T-that has nothing to do with our- my intentions are to give the Moonies a better life and a chance to show that they're very good people," Luna defended herself blushing; a cute reaction to which Rainbow and Twilight only chuckled. Twilight put a hoof on Luna's shoulder and gave her a reassuring smile.

"Relax, Luna, it's not like this is a bad plan or anything. There's nothing you have to be flustered about."

"Yeah, even the most distrusting ponies that come up here are gonna love this place and will start to like you more instead of thinking about their stupid conspiracy theories. What's not to love here? It's awesome! It could use some more action, though."

"Oh, we do have some more "sporty" activities. Are you interested in asteroid riding, Rainbow?"

"Am I? What a question, of course I am!"

Luna's mood rose, and with a much lighter trot than before she brought Twilight and Rainbow through the entrance hall to a corridor leading to one of the pyramids. There they went up a spiral stairway to another large hallway. With its many tables, chairs and fancy chandeliers hanging from a translucent ceiling, it could only be the dining room.

"I allowed myself to let my servants prepare a late dinner menu for you as I'm sure the packing and traveling has emptied your stomaches enough to see what dainty dishes this little moon has to offer for you, and hopefully many future guests from Equestria." Luna lead the two lovers to a slightly higher stage to the table with the best view of the outside the moon and the space with its stars.

Now that Luna had mentioned it, they did feel a little hungry. While they were packing yesterday they had only eaten a few snacks as dinner, as they had to recover from their hangover from the party the day before, and lost much time to pack by treating it with a large lunch and much water. Luna shifted the wooden chairs for Twilight and Rainbow to sit down.

As they sat down on the table; illuminated by its candles and the light from outside, they felt a bit more hungry as the fruity-sweet smell from the dish before them found its way to their nostrils. On one of the plates before them were a couple of orbs; they looked like little crystal stones with a red ball inside, and white sauce on top of the appetizer.

Rainbow licked her lips, feeling very hungry now. Twilight examined it thoughtfully before turning to Luna.

"What are those lucent orbs? Given their smell, they should be fruits, but look like rhinestones."

"Those are Moonberries. It's hard core was taken out and replaced with red honey, gathered through our own apiculture, and topped with vanilla sauce. The sauce is imported. This will be the hors d'oeuvre of my hotel as greetings for all new guests. Soon, we will make the Vanilla sauce ourselves with products grown up here. It should show everypony that the moon can be more than just a prison for villians."

"Red honey? Awesome!" Rainbow declared, and refusing to wat any longer, munched down the berries with gusto. Smacking her red-tinted lips, Rainbow squealed in delight at the taste as cold pear and banana flavored berries mixed with hot vanilla sauce, accentuated with the exotic yet familar taste of red honey. It tasted like honey from Equestria, but as if cherries, strawberries and raspberries had been mixed into a fruity milkshake, and added to it with lots of sugar.

"Aw, Twi! Pinkie would love this so much she would bathe in it!" Rainbow's praise was hardly audible; coupled with her loud munching. The snow-white tablecloth became the unfortunate victim of Rainbow's poor manners, as red drops landed on it.

Twilight rolled her eyes before adressing her newfound issue with the dish.

"I didn't know that bees could live up here. I thought it would be too cold for them. Though it's much warmer than the last time we were here, it's certainly not warm enough for bees from Equestria to live without complications. How did you solve that problem? Plus, on our first time up here we saw a few plants; so Insects who pollinated them should have existed up here already. They are neccessary for a succesful plant environment after all. How did you solve that issue?” Twilight asked, curious; suppressing her stomach's angry cry for some stuffing. Luna looked away, uncomfortably.

"Well, we tried to colonize some bees here, yet as you said they weren't very active, so we decided to go with the native breed: the emerald bees. A distant relative of the blowfly from Equestria."

"Blowfly?"

Twilight looked quickly to Rainbow after hearing her explanation. Rainbow's eyes bulged widely, but she was still eating the berries with the vanilla sauce and fly honey. She munched slower and slower, looking with wide eyes toward Luna, who gave her an uneasy but reassuring look to Twilight; who had an mixed expression of shock and disgust. Rainbow stopped eating and gulped the mess in her mouth down in one go. She grabbed the glass with the water, and swallowed it, entirely. She licked her lips and gave her final verdict.

"Still tastes awesome. If you don't want that I can take it for you, Twi."

The purple alicorn stared aghast at her wife and her declaration that she wanted more of that honey. As Rainbow's left wing creeped up to steal her plate, Twilight raised it out of her grasp quickly with her magic.

"No, it's mine! You can have some if you ask politely. Or if I don't like its taste."

Under the watchful eyes of Luna and Rainbow, Twilight made a big show of putting one Moonberry with just a tad of sauce on her fork. Rainbow tapped impatiently, and Luna started to look disheartened at Twilight trying to get the perfect mix of sauce on berry for a whole two minutes.

"Will you hurry up? If you're too chicken to eat, then give it to me. I'm starving." Rainbow whined, theatrically; resulting in a glare from Twilight. Swallowing heavily, Twilight put the fork in her mouth. Her eyes opened, sparkling in surprise at the taste of honey collected from a moonfly.

"Delicious!"

"It is, isn't it? If they bottled that stuff up they could make tons of bits in Equestria.”

"As long as Luna and the Moonies kept quiet about the emerald bee relative. I doubt many ponies would be ready to eat something made by a fly."

"Well, I'm glad you enjoyed the first course of your dinner. If you'll excuse me, I have some things to prepare." And wiith that Rainbow and Twilight were left alone for the first time since their honeymoon started.

"Hmmm, I had no Idea a fly could produce something so tasty," moaned Twilight; her eyes closed, enjoying the starter of their dinner.

"I wonder if the kitchen could spare some red honey. I'd love to lick it from your coat." the mischievous pegasus winked; grinning.

"Rainbow!"

"What? Afraid that I’d end up eating you? I intended to do that anyway, love."

"Geez, Rainbow. You can be a sweetheart, but sometimes your mind is just in the gutter."

"You bring out the best in me, Twi," Rainbow laughed, quickly stealing one of Twilight's moonberries to toss it into her mouth, yet she bit only thin air as her wife teleported said berry back onto her plate.

"Speaking of the best, do you really think Luna's plan with the hotel on the moon will work out? Given its inventory, I doubt many ponies could pay for a weekend here."

"Hm, I think it is a cool idea. Who wouldn't like to brag at home that they had been to the moon? But yeah, a stay here would be rather expensive. But I'm sure Princess Luna had thought about that, already."

A small bell tinkled, and the two ponies turned their heads to see a procession of Moonies in black suits lead by Jerome and Larry. At its end was the ugliest and most horrific looking Moonie Twilight and Rainbow had ever seen. It was only one meter big, looked like a mix between a bunny. a bat, and some rodent baby which was tossed out by its mother because its appearance made her stomach sick. It had purely red eyes, and two big leathery ears; which were pressed down by the huge plate it balanced on its head. It held it with two talons; one on each foreleg. Its tail; a long sickly yellowish one that looked like a cave troll had stamped down on it and flattened it to its current size, dragged on the floor behind it. It had a corroded, dark purple coat. Its face and body looked like it had been a victim of a severe rash.

Twilight and Rainbow beamed at her sight.

"Buffy!" both exclaimed.

"By Celestia, you have grown so much since the last time we saw you!"

"How are you doing, snip? Fluttershy was thinking and asking alot about you, you know? So much that even Angel Bunny got jealous."

Buffy did her best to keep a professional expression as she put her plate towards the dozen others on a long table behind the couple's. Yet when she looked at Twilight and Rainbow's honest smiles, she blushed, and quickly pulled down her ears to hide her face. The other waiters and waitresses left swiftly, leaving only a proud Jerome and content looking Larry. Them, and a red Buffy; who was too busy blushing to notice her faux-pas, having not left.

Just as Larry wanted to tell Buffy to go back to the kitchen, and Jerome wanted to talk about today's dinner. The big door to the dinner hall opened, and a fifty Moonies strong orchestral band entered, playing musical instruments both familiar and bizarre. All five seemed surprised by the sudden, musical deployment that stood before the stage and started to play the famous love ballad "You're My Paradise". Just when they started to recover from the sudden entrance of a fully equipped band, thousands upon thousands of rose petals fell from the ceiling, burying the table and the dinner together with the two ponies and three moonies next to them. The next moment a booming voice echoed throughout the entire hall; silencing even the fifty instruments of the moonie band. Buffy hid quickly under Twilight and Rainbow's table to escape said voice to protect her sensetive ears.

"Hear, hear! May everyone know that Twilight and Rainbow are married, in love! May this love bloom and bear fruit their entire life long!"

A white alicorn with a long, blonde mane and tail, a big heart pierced by an arrow as her cutiemark, and with a bow and quiver on its back and sides flew over their heads, leaving a trail of red, blue, and purple glitter. Its flight left a red heart in which one half purple and in the other blue glitter fell down slowly on the people below.

A rose petal hill with rosy eyes looked at a rose petal mound with violet eyes, Both small mountains with blue and purple mountain peaks knew exactly who this amorous alicorn would be.

The white alicorn with cyan eyes landed on the stage, and blared the ballad's lyrics, the orchestra did its best to be heard alongside her powerful voice, but soon it was clear that they could never hope to compete at its volume, and would remain suppressed. Larry facepalmed, now understanding what surprise Luna had talked about before she left to pick up the very first guests of their hotel. He should have seen it coming a mile away.

Jerome was staring at the petal and glitter infested dishes, his ears hanging so low that he could step on them if he wasn't careful. Thankfully, he didn't move, and just muttered "my food, my poor food" over and over again. Under the table, Buffy had put the ends of the tablecloth into her ears in attept to suppress the sound. Twilight and Rainbow waited calmly for the song to end. They should have known that Luna would try something "romantic" to gain some points against her sister's honeymoon for Pinkie and Big Mac. Both knew that Luna probably hadn't even registered that she just ruined a perfect dinner and that she sang way too loud to be pleasant.

Finally the closing lyrics were sung, and the orchestra became silent.

Luna, almost resembling her big sister, and glowing radiantly, like her, ended her performance and looked to the small audience for applause, but there was none. Soon, she saw why, and wished she could bury herself underneath the rose petal sea she had cast upon the pair.

Larry brushed some rose petals off his shoulders, and looked disapprovingly at his princess; which was a hilarious sight, thanks to the red glitter on his beak and the blue and purple glitter on his head.

Jerome was a big beige picture of misery adorned with petals. His lips quivered, as he still couldn't look away from the mess which had once been the dinner he and his kitchen staff had worked so hard on.

Buffy peeked out from below the table, checking if the situation was secure for her ears. All she saw was a sea of petals, higher than she stood.

Twilight and Rainbow's expressions were undiscernible, and both still looked into each other’s eyes.

Aghast at her screw-up, Luna dropped her head and closed her eyes. Maybe her sister was right about her romantic side being unrefined.

"I-I'm so so-"

Rainbow flew out of her rose petal mountain and flew a circle around Luna and the orchestra.

"That was AWESOME! You could play on festivals in Equestria, guys! And you got a rad sining voice, Princess Luna!"

"Wha-"

Twilight shook the petals from her head and body, and give an approving nod.

"Indeed, a great performance. And the dinner looked divine, Jerome, I can't wait to eat your dishes tomorrow. But I'm afraid it would have been a tad too much for Rainbow and me at the moment. Would you be so kind as to prepare some daffodil and daisy sandwiches? And something for Luna and you and Buffy too. We would like some company tonight."

"Yeah, we have tons of time to eat in intimate privacy, so let's have a good time together," Rainbow agreed with Twilight, and pushed a bewildered Luna towards the table where Twilight took Buffy with her magic out from underneath the table and levtiated four more chairs towards the rose petal and glitter covered table.

Jerome and Larry quickly realized their guests intentions and sprang to action. Jerome took as many of the plates as he could and sprinted towards the kitchen. Larry jumped towards the fifty moonies and directed them into teams to bring away the food, clean up the petals and glitter, and into a much smaller band who would continue to play on the stage opposite to the kitchen entrance. Meanwhile, Twilight had pushed away enough petals to put the chairs around the table. Rainbow pushed Luna to sit next to Twilight and Twilight sat the levitated Buffy on the chair next to Rainbow. The two empty chairs on the other side would be for Larry and Jerome.

"So, you liked it?" Princess Luna asked, her surprise clear in her now much quieter voice.

"Of course, it was such a romantic gesture. Right, sweetheart?"

"Sure, love. But maybe next time you should cut down on the petals. And less glitter! Much less glitter." Rainbow quickly leaned backward as Twilight's eyes narrowed. "But I really like the color choice. it reminds me of how I tried to make my first date with Twilight an unforgettable romantic evening."

"It does?" Luna asked happily, unaware of Twilight’s shudder, remembering everything that had gone wrong on both their parts that evening. Even their first kiss had almost ended with Rainbow going to the hospital with one less eye. Rainbow smiled; very self-content.

"Sure does, it was just missig some more mayhem, a tornado gone out of control and a pissed off Ursa Major, but all in all it came pretty close to it." Buffy looked at the pegasus as if she had a loose screw or two.

Thankfully, Jerome and Larry came with lightning speed, and their surrogate dinner, to prevent further questioning. The rest of the dinner was fairly unremarkable. Luna told them about her plans to make the moon a vacation paradise for everypony, and explained what had to be imported, and what could be grown and produced on the moon. She explained how she managed to get the city to be warmer with the help of the enchanted lamps, and how many hardworking moonies it took to build this hotel; the first of many. Jerome and Larry spoke about their jobs as hotel managers, head cook and mayor of the moonies as well as their family life with Buffy; whom both parents were very proud of. Buffy was just quiet and happily ate her moonberry ice.

It was a fun and interesting evening for Twilight and Rainbow, they were happy to have invited the others to eat with them and to prevent Luna from truobling herself over her eagerness. After they were full and sated, they talked about the town and life on the moon. Though for Twilight, Larry and Jerome's life as a couple was more interesting; whereas Rainbow asked Luna about all the tricks and tips she had for asteroid riding. Buffy had fallen asleep at that point of the conversation. Her loud snoring marked the end of their conversation. Jerome and Larry wished the girls and their princess a good night, while the staff cleaned up the hall. They watched them leave with Buffy in Jerome's arms and Larry's arm around his partner's shoulders. Rainbow noticed a strange look in Twilight's eyes but she couldn't quite put her hoof on what exactly it was like. Her head was spinning a bit because of the red honey liqeur Luna had brought forward after all sandwiches were eaten.

"Guess we should go to bed too, Twilight. I bet it's early morning in Ponyville, don't you think?"

"Hmm..."

"Actually it's already 1 p,m. in Equestria at this point of time, Rainbow," Luna explained, a bit groggily after besting Rainbow in a drinking contest. She earned only a confused look from Rainbow.

"We traveled a grand distance very quickly, the amount of time which you felt pass normally was in truth much slower than on earth. In other words, what felt like a couple hours to you were even a couple hours more for everyone down there. Congratulations, you're like three or four hours younger than your friends are now. Oh, and by the way, the moon rotates slower than our blue planet so time goes on a much slower pace than in Equestria. A moonday is a whole month in earthdays, two weeks sunshine and two weeks nightime. It's why I had to take you at midnight so that you could arrive here at the last nighthours, have a nightday to relax from the wedding and two weeks with perfect sunshine for your honeymoon. Now am I an awesome planer or am I an amazing planer?" Luna ended her explanation proudly.

"Woah. I didn't understood everything, but it sounds cool. Did you know that, Twi?" Rainbow tried to get a response of her silent wife.

"Hm," Twilight replied, still bearing that look on her face as if she was watching something far away. Rainbow gave up.

Luna led them to their suite, and wished them a good night after thanking them for the wonderful evening.

In their room, to which luxury neither of them paid any attention, they packed out the neccessary items to brush their teeth and left the rest in the suitcases for the following day. Rainbow noticed the big book Twilight had packed in as the last item as she took off her marital feather off and put it on the desk beside the table.

"What's that anyway, Twi?" she asked, tired.

"I'll show you tomorrow," the alicorn yawned, completely beaten by the day's happenings. Half alseep, she levitated the blue feather of Rainbow next to her purple one on the nightstand; after she had pushed the big book deeper into the suitcase to hide it from Rainbow's curiousity.

Staggering, they fell onto the bed, snuggling under the warm blankets and cuddling together.

"Ah," came a quiet sound from the alicorn.

"What is it, Twi?" Rainbow asked; her eyes closed.

"I forgot to ask Luna how we could see the stars with all the lights in the city and the hotel," Twilight muttered, sleepily.

Rainbow smiled and nestled closer to her wife, putting her wings around her.

"You lovely dork, you," Rainbow spoke before she finally fell asleep together with Twilight, who smilied into her blue coat while dreaming about the future she and Rainbow would have together.

Author's Note:

Many thanks at TimberWolf65 for proofreading this chapter. :)

Two things were the trouble here, the travel and the time.

The travel cause in the comics Luna and the Mane6-Rarity+Spike got to the moon via climbing a rope. Not kidding. Couldn't use that, because who climbs to their honeymoon several kilometres with luggage on their backs?
But the show's not better cause there the only travel to the moon we're aware of was a banishment of Nightmare Moon via the Elements of harmony. But that can't be used because even if the others use that way of transportation then we would have two elements on the moon and four on the ground. How are Twi and RD supposed to return if six elements are needed on one space to send one pony to the moon?
Then there is a short scene in the show where it looks like Luna is flying from the moon to Celly's palast, but that never got confirmed by the ponies in the show or the show-writers, so it could just look like it and not really had happend. Plus it was such a quick flight, Luna would have flew with lightspeed. But a pony flying at lightspeed is pretty impossible, so it had to be one thing to make it possible: Magic.
Thus I used a combination of spells to create some sort of archaic space rocket with thestrals as engine and a cart as vessel with Luna being the pilot. Magic is wonderful cheating.^^

Time was the next trouble, the travel time, no problem cause of the spells and distance and Einstein's theory of relativity. I could just say that while the others stayed on earth which continued to rotate, their time passed normally while Twi, RD and co were in another framework of time as they traveled much quicker than the earth rotated. Yet for both time passes normally in their framework, one minute is a minute. However if Twi and RD would look back during their travel everything would look much faster while if AJ and the others would look after Twi and RD, it would look to them much slower cause of the difference of speed passing distance.
In other words, I took it cause it sounded cool to be a few hours younger than your friends when you get back from the honeymoon though it's unlikely we'll be ever able to prove that as we don't have such speedy crafts to test the theory.

The time on the moon was the problem. A moonday is a month on earth, so 1 Moonday = 29,5 normal days to be Twilight Sparkle accurate. So will the Mane6 on earth would go to bed 29 times, Twi and RD would normally do only one time, however they are still used to the earth time so they need their sleep every 24 hours. Unlike the moonies who have lived for over thousand years just like Luna did.

But first I tried to add normal earth time to the moon, but that didn't made sense as we see in the show that the Moon looks always steady and similar just like our does with its front to us.
So I used "normal" moontime instead and voila, I got 708 hours from earth in two weeks sunshine and two weeks nightime. However I didn't wanted to show the moon just when it's sunny, so I used its end of the night, around 24+X hours, for the newly-wed couple's arrival and check-in and to have some event for the next two chapters.

And here comes my "magical" argument why a) the moonies are still alive and b) Luna look so much younger than her probably just a few years apart big sister:
They all lived on "moontime", in other words their bodies only grew older "a day" whereas "a month" passed on earth but both used the same amount of hours/minutes to pass but their bodies were adjusted differently to this passing time. For the moonies bodies 708 hours were a day, for a pony body it would be a month. So Celestia's body grew in a thousand years whereas Luna in Nightmare Moon form only grew in a matter of roughly 33 years.
So between their alicorn bodies is a gap not of a few years, but of 967 years + the ones Celly was born earlier than Luna. In earth years that is. This could explain their different body build. For Celly's body passed "more" time than for NMM/Luna's body on the moon.
Just an idea of mine, but it would explain Luna's still social akward, she's still used to moontime so the three years were only 36 "days". Not enough time to adapt to a suddenly very modern society who's trends and modes changes every minute for Luna's sense of time.^^

I hope I wasn't too confusing with what AJ would call fancy mathematics. XD