• Published 25th Sep 2013
  • 8,974 Views, 152 Comments

Sisters of Magic. - Night--Mist



What happens when a spell backfires that you meant to use for something else.

  • ...
14
 152
 8,974

Time to See Old and New Friends

As the carriage neared it's destination, trumpets started to play outside to announce the arrival of the Royal Alicorn Family. Twilight and Trixie covered their ears as the trumpets played and Luna pulled them close. "There, there little ones, it's okay," Luna said as she cast a spell to muffle the sound through the carriage for the girls.

"It's gonna be a treat to see all the little ones playing together again," Cadence said.

"Indeed, and you seem to have a nack for foals gathering around you," Celestia stated.

"It's mostly because they want my lovable hugs and kisses," Cadence said.

"Can't argue with her there sister. Even my little ones can't get enough of them, and they see her more often then the rest of the foals," Luna added.

Twilight and Trixie blushed as Luna said this and hid their faces. Soon the carriage came to a halt. The family then heard as they stepped out, "The Royal Alicorn Family. Princess Celestia, Princess Luna, Princess Cadence, Princess Twilight, and Princess Trixie."

"Dats gonna take sthome getting use to," Trixie said.

Twilight replied, "Teww me abowt it."

Soon the family came to look upon a very familiar Sugar Cube Corner. Twilight then thought, "So, all of our friends know each other, even though we are all foals right now. I wonder how that is? Pinkie used to live on a rock farm, and Rainbow and maybe Fluttershy lived in Cloudsdale. That means that only Applejack and Rarity should actually be here Looks like we'll find out once we get to see our friends. But I don't think any of them will believe our story. They'll probably think we're making up a story.

As they entered, Twilight found out how this world differed from theirs, and she was completely baffled. Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy, along with a tiny little Scootaloo were resting on Kind Heart, Futtershy's mother's, back. Standing right next to her was Spitfire, giving her a nuzzle. Twilight couldn't believe her eyes. The kindest Pegasus and the Wonderbolts captain seemed to be mates, and were both female. She might have seen this with Lyra and Bon Bon, or maybe Octavia and Vinyl Scratch, but she never expected this with what seemed were polar opposites in every meaning. Something that caught her off guard again though was Soarin walking up to them and giving them both a nuzzle, which now was something Twilight could actually comprehend. Now back in her original reality, Soarin had feelings for both Spitfire and Rainbow Dash in equal measure and had not had the guts to ask the two ponies out. In this reality though, it seemed Kind Heart was in Rainbow Dash's place and he did sum up the courage to ask both of them to marry him. It wasn't common, but it wasn't unheard of either. Soarin also seemed to have fathered all three little foals laying Kind Heart's back as she saw him nuzzle them and they nuzzled back with, "Dada."

Next thing she saw was a young colt version of Big Macintosh, pulling a wagon with not one, not two, but three tiny foals, Applejack and Apple Bloom and Babs Seed. Thing that shocked her the most was the fact that the Apple siblings parents and their Grandmother were there and that Babs was their sister and not their cousin. Twilight was on the verge of fainting. The Apple parents passed away in the other reality according to what Applejack had told her. She may have understood this situation if Apple Bloom hadn't been there. In her world, at this point in Applejack's life, Apple Bloom shouldn't be here yet. Nor should Scootaloo or Babs Seed, but here they were. "Seems the apple family's gonna have a bigger cider trough

She then scanned the room for her other two friends. She soon spotted Rarity, and with no surprise to her now, Sweetie Belle was with her, they were playing as with each other in a stroller being pushed by.... Vinyl Scratch and Fancy Pants?! "How in Equestria did those two hook up and become Rarity and Sweetie Belle's parents?" She thought.

She was in for another shock as she then saw a little baby Octavia pop up in the stroller from what seemed like a nap, but she had no horn popping through her mane as most might think that two unicorns mating would spawn more unicorns. Twilight remembered that The cakes had a unicorn girl and a pegasus boy in the other reality, but the Cake parents were Earth ponies themselves. She figured that the same must have happened in this case and somewhere in either Fancy Pants' or Vinyl's ancestry, there had been an earth pony that had been in the family. This was just getting crazier by the minute. The only thing that seemed to be missing now was Pinkie Pie. The rock farm family didn't seem to be anywhere. She waited and looked around as Luna made her way through the crowd to bring her little ones over to the foal playing area. She then spotted something that she never would have guessed. Mr. and Mrs. Cake came walking out with a huge stroller and out popped the heads of... "Pinkie Pie?... Maud Pie?!... Lemon Meringue Pie?! Sweet Celestia what is happening?! Twilight thought.

She could only come to reason that the Pie siblings were never born to the Pie Family of the rock farm, and there was a good possibility that the Pie parents never came here, might not even exist. It still amazed Twilight that Mrs. Cake was able to have more then two foals at once, much less the Pie siblings. All of the Pie siblings seemed to be having fun. Even though Maud had a monotone look to her, she was still smiling. Twilight was starting to get a headache on how much changed in this world. She did get a glimpse of the rock family and soon came to find out the Cakes and Pies were related as they hugged each other and the Pies said hi to their nieces. At least Twilight knew that some old family bonds weren't completely severed from each other, but this was enough to make her head spin.

Trixie didn't know much about the past of the Mane Six, so she took this a lot easier then her sister. Soon Luna laid her little ones in the play area and they were joined by their friends and the siblings of their friends. They went to crawl to their friends who all started to crawl to each other. "Hey everypony, say hi to ouw new wittwe sistew Scootawoo. Mama Spitfiwe let hew out of hew tummy just thwee days ago," baby Rainbow said.

"Dats whewe she was. I tawt babies came fwom baby stowes," Lemon Pie said.

"Well, at least Lemon Pie didn't loose her personality," Twilight thought.

Scootaloo waved to her new friends, and everybody introduced themselves, including Twilight and Trixie, so they wouldn't make the scene awkward for themselves. It seemed that most of the foals were around the age to Twilight and Trixie, with the exception of Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy who were a year older then Pinkie Pie, and were born at the same time by two different mothers. Seems Soarin didn't wan't to leave either out when have a first child and Twilight had been correct in her assumption about the three way marriage. When Twilight Talked to Rarity and her sisters, she found out that Fancy Pants and Vinyl Scratch hooked up when Fancy Pants took a stroll in Canterlot and Vinyl had been performing there. He loved the new music being played and liked the change in tempo compared to the classical music he always had to listen to and grew quite bored of, and her personality was quite unique to him and soon reeled him in to talk with her, and, well, you can pretty much guess the rest from there.

When they talked to the Apple Siblings, it appears that the accident that had claimed the lives of their parents in the other reality had occured but luck had been on the family's side and they made it safely home that day. Babs seemed out of place in the picture, but it was revealed that the family Babs had been born into in the other reality were merely teenagers in this reality and her previous sister wasn't even born yet in this reality.

Now it was the Pies turn. This is where thing got interesting. "Twiwight, Twixie, come ovew hewe wit us," Pinkie Pie said.

The two sisters wasted no time and did what they said as the other foals talked to each other. When they knew the others weren't listening, Maud spoke, "Aww thwee of us know abowt what appen with oder weawity. Our minds awe one with theiws and we wewen't effected wike evewyone ewse, and we knew you wewen't eithew, but dat pawt's because Pwincess Woona visited us whiwe we was sweeping."

The two were in shock. Twilight had been listening to her mom's conversation in the carriage while they slept, but Luna had only mention one other knowing about it. Maybe she didn't want Celestia worrying so much should the three had been in separate areas and might spread word about it and be seen as loonies. "Yep. We'we not mad, but we wewe a bit suwpwised when we woke up hewe fiwst time. But we soon got into da swing a tings," Pinkie Pie said.

"Last time Pinkie told me abowt dis kinda ting, I tawt she was spweaking nonsthensthe, (nonsense)" Lemon Pie said.

Twilight and Trixie found out that the girls kept their last names because Mr. and Mrs. Cake did it out of respect for their now Aunt and Uncle who used to be their parents. Soon the five of them joined the other foals in play time. Twilight and Trixie made new friends in the CMC and with Octavia. Something they hadn't expected before. Now the more puzzling questions were, how would this effect using the Elements of Harmony? If they were just foals, and Nightmare Moon never was, who had control of them? Twilight needed answers, but she did not know how long it might take to get them.

Author's Note:

Lauren Fausticorn: End of chapter six. Hope you all enjoyed. Night Mist thought he might throw some curve balls and surprises into the story, and yes, a few came from his other age regression series. Looks like Twilight may need to have some nap time to sort this one out. And yes, he knows he said originally there was only one other who knew of the two realities merging, but he thought it would be unfair if Pinkie Pie was the only one of her sisters who knew what happened, since he likes to think Pinkie's not the only fourth wall breaker, Pinkie, or in this case Pie Sensor, and logic maker in the Pie family, not that I can agree or disagree. So Please leave him a positive comment and constructive criticism down below.

Now if you'll excuse me, I must talk with my grandson about his next chapter on "My Little Foals: Friendship is Padded." Says he's gotta big surprise coming up in that story. Have a nice day everypony and stay tuned.

Comments ( 31 )

Nice chapter, Nighty.

Good to know that things are finally back on track in terms of writing...

5489167 They've been on track, but sometimes I need to take a quick break to let my mind cool off. The blogs help relieve stress and even though they have nothing to do with the stories, the help me bit by bit to come up with new ideas. And have I gotta treat for MLF:FiP. Should be out by tomorrow at the latest if not today. Keep up the good work on your stories too, but don't rush yourself.

I'm going to guess that Scootaloo is like the Dil Pickle of her family. Both of her older siblings are probably only older than her by a few months.

5489225 No, they're the oldest foals there and are a little over a year older then their sister.

5489235 Well, Octavia being a unicorn in this universe is interesting. Next thing you know, somepony like Lyra is going to be a pegasus, or somepony like Derpy is going to be an earth pony.

5489253 Who knows. Anything could happen.:pinkiecrazy:

Good story so far, though you need to find and editor or pre reader(or something) I saw many simple spelling errors around the last 2 chapters that can be easily corrected. Also question, do you plan on sending the "foals" back to their original realities at some point?

5489635 I haven't decided yet.

Now the more puzzling questions were, how would this effect using the Elements of Harmony? If they were just foals, and Nightmare Moon never was, who had control of them?

Well, if Nightmare never happened in this world, then Celestia and Luna never lost their connection to them, so...

it been a wild. I hope have chapter plan out. and if you need help. just say so.

How DID Fancy and Vinyl get together!? Wait...

you seem to have a nag for foals gathering around you

I think you meant "nack"

The Royal Alocorn Family.

Alocorn? Is that a new breed for this reality?

As the entered,

As "they" entered



Certainly what i'd call a curveball, though, i don't agree with turning Octi into a unicorn. the fact that she was an Earth Pony who could play the cello better than any unicorn was one of the things that made her unique.

Look forward to the next chapter.

5510107
Thanks for spotting my mistakes.

Also, just because Octavia is a unicorn now, that doesn't mean that she won't have an interest in the cello, but then again, I can't promise anything, and also, I had to come up with some way to keep Vinyl and Octi together and not completely sever their bond many fans think they have... myself included.

5510141 i never question her interests in the cello for this reality, but i meant the fact that you made her a unicorn. The cakes have proved that you could be two of one race and still have foals of another race all together.

5510192
I know but, I had her pair up with Fancy Pants, and I think he might think Vinyl cheated on him, but then again, you are right. I think I should change it. Thanks for the advise.

This whole series is confusing as hell.

great story please update

Love this story is there going to be an update soon :heart::pinkiesmile::twilightsmile:

I pray to Luna for an update soon! :twilightsmile:

I am in love with story!

when is the next chapter

Whens the next chapter?

Booooooooooooo. This got cancelled. And this was one of the good ones too!

8664488
Hay look its on hiatus now its no longer canceled.(is that a good thing?)

9384907
becuase I on hiatus now is reason I go pay to get another chapter add.

still being work or is dead?

I hope this story returns. It is so good! :twilightsmile:

Login or register to comment