• Published 25th Feb 2012
  • 5,216 Views, 234 Comments

A Brony's Dream Come True - FeatherFoot



A brony named Jordan finds an unexpected sight. What adventures will he have?

  • ...
33
 234
 5,216

Chapter 31

A/N

I got nothing. Enjoy.

dat morneeng Jake woek uup an he waked over 2 tweeleght an-

*slaps bad writer*

NO.

Enjoy.

End A/N

__________________________________________________________

Jordan, Rainbow Dash, Cloud Dasher, and Briar made their way to the hospital to check up on Shadow. They passed by the Sugarcube Corner, which had a sign on it. Jordan stopped.

The others turned to him. Rainbow Dash spoke first. "Hey, Jordan, come on!" Jordan turned back to her.

"Hang on Dashie." Jordan replied. He made his way to the door, and looked at the sign.

It read:

The Sugarcube Corner is closed due to a planned special birthday party.

~Pinkie Pie

Jordan peeked into the window. there was enough light to see, and nopony was in the building. Jordan put his hoof up to his chin. "I wonder where Pinkie is." He shrugged, and rejoined the group.

They passed by various buildings, and other ponies, including one irrationally exuberant Lyra. All four ponies stopped to look at Lyra, along with several others. They heard her calling something out.

"A real human!! I saw Pinkie talking with one!" she called out. A few ponies gently shook their heads, and went on with their day. "Why won't anypony believe me?!" She ran off.

"Wow, what's her problem?" Rainbow Dash asked.

"She seems to be extremely exuberant today." Jordan stated.

"She probably has a case of exciteditis!" Briar announced, making the others give him a look.

"Is...that even a real word?" Cloud asked. Briar shrugged.

"It is now." he responded. Cloud shook his head. They turned, and headed to the hospital.
____________________________________________________________________

Arriving at the doorway, they heard commotion going on inside. Jordan pressed his ear to the door.

"So, Shadow Breeze was it? Looks like you are ready to go. You may leave at any time."

Jordan backed up from the door, and it opened a moment later. Shadow Breeze stepped out, followed by Applejack.

"Hey, how ya feeling?" Jordan asked.

"You feel up for a race?" Rainbow Dash asked. Shadow shook his head.

"I'm better, but I can't fly for a few days." Shadow responded. Briar looked at his now healed wing, and sighed. He spoke up.

"You get used to it." he said. He stretched his wings, felt a twinge of pain, and lifted into the air. "I've had to deal with it for some time."

Jordan had a puzzled expression. "Briar, you never told us, how did you hurt your wing in the first place?"

Briar shook his head. "Its a secret. You'll have to find it out." he said with a bit of a smirk. Jordan nodded.

"So Applejack, why exactly did you stay with him?" Rainbow Dash asked.

Applejack smiled. "Oh, no reason." she said, immediately forming a scrunchy face. All of them chuckled.

"It's okay to tell us how you two feel about each other." Cloud said. "If you don't want to, that's fine too."

Applejack and Shadow turned to each other, and smiled. They both walked to their group, and they all walked back to Ponyville.

"So, Shadow, ya have anywhere to sleep tonight?" Applejack asked. Shadow turned to her.

"Of course, back in Cloudsdale." Shadow replied. "Why?"

"Well-" Applejack was cut off by Shadow. He knew what she was going to ask.

"You want me to stay with you tonight?" he asked. "Okay!" Applejack smiled widely.

"Race ya there!" she yelled, and they both ran off in the direction of Sweet Apple Acres.
____________________________________________________________________

Fluttershy arrived back at her cottage with B.B. They were both talking to each other, though B.B. was doing so very shakily.

"...a-and that's h-how I passed flight school." he concluded. Fluttershy let out a quiet giggle. She brought him closer, and B.B.'s irises shrank to the size of pinpoints. He started shaking.

Fluttershy looked at him with concern. "Oh! Are you okay?" she asked. B.B. responded with a slow but shaky nod. She brought him to the couch, and let him sit down. "I'll go get you a blanket. You can stay here if you want." She fluttered out of the room, leaving B.B. to ponder his thoughts.

'Okay, a mare that I like is letting me stay at her house for the night. I have two options. A) Run like Tartarus, or B) Stay here, and try to tell her my true feelings.' He shivered a bit more, when Fluttershy hovered back out.

"Here you go!" Fluttershy said, then gave B.B. a blanket. He shivered a bit more, but less severely. "You want anything else?" B.B. gently shook his head. "Okay. I guess I should keep you company just in case." She hopped up onto the other end of the couch, and curled up. "Good night." she said, before she fell asleep. B.B., stopped shivering, and smiled weakly.

"Good night, Flutters." he whispered.
____________________________________________________________________

Jordan, Jake, Briar, and Twilight arrived back at the library. Immediately, Spike ran up to Twilight.

"Twilight!" Spike called out as he ran. "Celestia sent a letter! She needs you in Canterlot right away!" Twilight looked to Jake, Jordan, and Briar. She took the note from Spike.

My Dearest Twilight,

You must come to Canterlot at once. This will be no ordinary test for you to complete.

~Celestia

"Oh no!" Twilight began panicking. She darted around the room, making Jordan and Jake turn their heads to her to see her zip from shelf to shelf. "Where's my quills?!" She darted to a shelf, just as Spike grabs a bag from a closet. They watch as three different-colored quills go flying into the bag. Books begin hovering from the shelves, as Twilight checks them. "No. No. No. No." Twilight was in a state of sheer panic. Jake decided to ask. "Twilight, what's wrong?"

Twilight paused for a moment to turn to him, and spoke. "I have to take a test in Canterlot!" She darted to the other shelves in the room. "I need the Magical Compendiums Volumes one through thirty-six!" She put her forehooves on her cheeks. "Where is it?!" More books begin flying off the shelves, then, to Jordan, Jake, and Briar's surprise, a giant book appears from behind deep in the shelf. Spike was directly underneath it, and the book came down underneath him when he tried to catch it. Everypony winced. Spike lifted the book a bit, but it came down again. Jordan and Jake looked at each other as Twilight spoke again.

"Flash cards! I should make some flash cards!" she said. She grabs the 3 tall stacks of flash cards with her magic. Jake spoke up.

"So, what kind of test is this if you are preparing this much for it?" he said. Twilight didn't respond. She spoke.

"Spike, I'm gonna need you to quiz me..." She levitated the stacks of flash cards to Spike, who was pulling himself out from under the book. "...about everything. Everything that I have ever learned." She emphasized the last word. "Everything." Jordan and Jake ponder, and Jake asks her.

"Is that even enough cards?" Jake asked. Twilight pondered.

"No. This wont be enough cards." she stated as a matter of fact. She makes her way to another shelf. Jake makes his way to her.

"Twilight, calm down. It's just a simple test." he stated. "You won't believe how many I-" He was silenced by Twilight's hoof in his mouth.

"Just...a test?" She spoke slowly, and her expression turned to that of anger. "JUST A TEST?" Her hoof leaves his mouth, and he backs a bit with Twilight moving closer to him. "Princess Celestia wants to give me some sort of exam and you're trying to get me to calm down because..." she inhales. "...It's JUST A TEST?"

Jake had not realized his mistake until after he said "yes". Spike made his way to him, and whispered in his ear. "You might need this." He put a helmet on Jake's head, and pillows all around him, tied with a rope.

"What's this-" Before he could answer, he heard Twilight begin to use her magic. He turned to her, and her horn glowed, and her eye twitched.

Briar shook his head gently. "I say she is handling this pretty well." he said. "considering."
_______________________________________________________________________

FeatherFoot made his way through town, looking for goods to buy. He eyed a flower stand and made his way to it.

"Hey Lily."

"Hey Feather. I heard about what happened. sorry to hear that."

"It's okay. But anyway, I'd like some-"

Before he finished, the ground shook in a massive boom. Everypony in the square turned to the source. Twilight's library had flown about thirty feet in the air. It came down with a crash. Everypony looked at each other, wondering what just happened. FeatherFoot turned back to Lily.

"I guess I'll...come back later?" he said shaken by the sudden event. Lily nodded, and FeatherFoot took off.
_______________________________________________________________________

The entire library was in ruins. the books were scattered whichever way, the desks were upside down, and Jake, among everything else, was darkened. He blinked a bit, before collapsing to the ground, coughing. Jordan was bent down in defense. Briar was already standing.

Twilight shook her head, and saw what she had done. She made her way to him. "Jake. I'm sorry. I shouldn't have snapped on you like that. It's just I take these things seriously." With the glow of her horn, the entire library was corrected, except for Jake's singed coat.

"It's okay Twi. I'm just gonna go ahead and take a shower." he said, and made his way upstairs.

Twilight found that she had what she needed, and asked Jordan to tell Jake she had left. He nodded, and she left the library.
_______________________________________________________________________

Jordan pulled a book off the shelf, entitled "Wings, Trains and Carriages". 'Heh' he thought. He sat down as Jake walked back out, his normal color showing. He sat down at a desk, and penned down his thoughts. Briar just looked around the room. "Sweet Celestia, there are a lot of books here!" he yelled out. He browsed the shelves, and looked at the books in the "P" section.

"Hmm, Philosophies of Star Swirl the Bearded, Precarious spells, and-" He looked up at the shelf to see Pinkie Pie on the shelf. "-Pinkie!" He stumbled back, and fell on his back. "How did- never mind." Briar stated. He knew better than to question Pinkie's antics. Jordan looked up from the book and saw Pinkie.

"Hey Pinkie! What's up?" he asked.

"Briar! You have to come with me right away!" she spoke at a fast rate. She grabbed his hoof, and started for the door.

"Looks like I'm out of here guys! Peace!" Briar called out, before disappearing through the door. Jordan and Jake looked at each other, then sighed. Jake looked out the window.

"It's getting late. I'm going to turn in for the night." he stated. Jordan nodded. Jake made his way up the stairs. Jordan proceeded to walk outside. He looked toward the sky, trying to identify constellations with no luck. He saw one of the stars moving quite a bit. He looked around, to see if anyone else saw what he is seeing. Nopony else was outside. He shrugged, and made his way to the center of town.

A/N

._.,

sorry, just, sorry about the long wait. I never intended for a wait this long again.

Hope this is good though!

And DaBeejees, please tell me if I messed up with Briar THIS time XD

See ya next chapter!

FeatherFoot out!

End A/N

Comments ( 14 )

*months later *
Reads chapter in 3 minutes...

Yaokay then.

you did good I loved what you've done with B.B. throughout this it wasn't 100% on what I imagined but that's what happens when you have poor explanation skills. The way I saw it was that he's afraid to speak his opinion because he always seconded guesses himself or he tends to speak loudly when he does try to talk normally but I like this better. (Forgive me if I said this before I tend to forget a lot.)First?
Edit: nope oh well>>1495863 you stole the first slot -pout-

1495863

I set a quota for the story. 1000+ words is the point where I publish the chapter. It's been like that since chapter 3. There are some exceptions though, like for Chapter 18 and Part 2 of Chapter 29.

1495915 It doesn't matter to me. It's still Good.

1495869 Crie sum moar.

1495981

Oh wait, I misread your comment. oops.:rainbowderp:

1496013 In the words of me, "Yaokay then."

"And DaBeejees, please tell me if I messed up with Briar THIS time XD"

Oh, I will.

~~~

Briar: "She probably has a case of exciteditis!"
Cloud: "Is...that even a real word?"
What Briar WOULD'VE followed up with: "*shrugs* It is now."

~~~

"Briar shook his head. "Its a secret. You'll have to find it out." he said with a bit of a smirk. Jordan nodded."

This is PERFECT, especially if you're planning on alluding to a certain fanfic of mine, in which this line is a perfect set-up. HOWEVER, the part you WOULD be alluding to isn't written yet... it's planned out, though, so if you wanna follow through with that, you can talk to me and I'll fill you in on that backstory there. Either way, good job!

~~~

"Wowzers--"

I gotta stop there. As spot-on as you've been with Briar's personality, saying this is unlike him (unlike he's intentionally saying it in a joking kind of way). Most likely (knowing me), he'd say "Sweet Jesus! (Sweet Celestia!)" or something (However, I'd most commonly say "Holy sh!t!", but I doubt you'd choose that quote, hahaha)

~~~

"Looks like I'm out of here guys! Peace!"

This would be dependent on what kind of mood he's in. Based on your use of diction throughout this chapter, I'd say this sentence does fit the mood you've given him.

~~~

One last note: I'd like to see where you're going with his flying capabilities now. In regard to that, I'm REALLY glad that you've shown it to be a process, and that he's not just miraculously cured all of a sudden, and even furthermore that it'll still be some time before he can fly like he used to (which, btw, is kinda opposite of Rainbow Dash: what Briar more-or-less lacks in speed he MORE than makes up for with control and maneuverability).


As usual, I'll add more if I find more to say, haha

~~~

How about a BRIAR USAGE GRADE! :pinkiehappy:

A

(it WOULD have been a B to B- if not for what you did with his flying. :yay: )

1501339
I'll go ahead and fix the errors. Thanks.

Funny thing is I was about to use "Sweet Celestia!". :rainbowderp:

1503493
Anytime, haha. I know it's harder for you, since you're using my OC without really knowing his complete personality, which is my personality. Hell, it's even hard sometimes for me to write for him, haha.

~

And really? That IS funny! :rainbowlaugh:

2596796 Ha! Kudos to that and I don't even remember this story or the comment I made...:rainbowlaugh: But thanks for replying though :twilightsheepish:

3829681 Actually, he's supposed to be like me. He is my OC after all, haha. And as for his wing, it's because of one of my stories. :pinkiehappy:

EDIT: Actually, I think I might've misunderstood your comment, but it's one in the morning so I don't care. But I DO care about this STORY being continued! (That is, if it's all right with you....... )

Halted on FanFiction for now.

4 years later and its still Halted.

Login or register to comment