• Published 25th Feb 2012
  • 5,215 Views, 234 Comments

A Brony's Dream Come True - FeatherFoot



A brony named Jordan finds an unexpected sight. What adventures will he have?

  • ...
33
 234
 5,215

Chapter 9

A/N

Well, here's chapter 9. No long introductory Author's Note this time. I hope you like it!

On with the story!

End A/N

Ponyville Library...

Jake sat on the floor, watching Twilight do all sorts of magic, levitation, teleportation, and, thankfully, not the "want it, need it" spell. He gazed at her, in awe of what he was seeing. Twilight then stopped, and trotted up to Jake.

"Pretty impressive, isn't it?" She asked him. Jake then turned to her and nodded. "Now, the first thing you need to know about magic, is to not try so hard. You won't get anywhere with it if you overexert yourself. Now, here is a copy of "Basic spells for beginning unicorns"." Twilight levitated the book to Jake, and set it on the floor. He proceeded to open it, and come up on the first spell, levitation. He read through the page, taking in every detail. He wanted to get it overwith. Hr then focused his horn on a feather in front of him. He focused as hard as he could, and after a few seconds, he looked up and the feather was floating a few inches off the floor. Jake gasped, and the feather fell to the floor once again. Twilight came up to him.

"That was great for your first try!" She praised. Jake blushed a bit and smiled.

"Thanks Twi'." He responded.

"Do you want to keep practicing that spell, or go on to something else? There is more in that book." Twilight asked him.

"I think I will keep practicing a bit longer." he responded. He then focused on the feather again, and it floated once again, this time higher up. He tried to make it move to another location in the room, and when he turned his head, the feather stayed in his vision. He then placed it on the desk on the far side of the room. Twilight looked at him with a smile.

"You are getting good at this!" Twilight told him, making him smile a bit. He then got tired of using the same spell, and went back into the book. He turned a few pages, and Twilight wondered about him.

'There is some potential in him. I have got to know what it is.' she pondered. She then trotted out of the room to prepare something to eat.

Ponyville Square...

Pinkie Pie and Jordan, along with Lyra, trotted along Pinkie's predesignated tour stops, the first one being, of course, just outside.

"This is Sugarcube Corner! Of course you probably already knew that by the section headings!" she announced with glee. Jordan just looked her on as she continued, not even thinking about how she is doing that.

"I live here at the Sugarcube Corner! I LOVE to make cupcakes! On the occasion I usually make muffins, but that is for our mailmare! She LOVES muffins!" Pinkie Pie continued.

Jordan just looked at her, processing what she just said. Then Pinkie started bouncing to their next destination. Jordan snapped out of his thoughts and followed. Lyra then saw her home along the way.

"Jordan, was it? Right there is my home, just to let you know." Lyra pointed out. Jordan nodded, keeping the location in mind. Within five minutes, they were in front of a building that reminded Jordan of a carousel at the carnival.

"This is Carousel Boutique! This is Rarity's house too! If you ever need anything that is clothing related, she is the mare to turn to!" Pinkie said. Jordan looked at the building for a moment, when a young filly came running out.

"Sweetie Belle, be safe!" Rarity called out to her sister. She then turned to Jordan. She smiled at him. "You must be new if Pinkie is giving you a tour!"

Jordan then smiled. "Rarity, it's me, Jordan." Hearing this made Rarity blush in embarassment.

"Oh, my apologies dear, I never knew that was you. Well, anyway, if you need anything that requires sewing, or anything related to clothing whatsoever, feel free to let me know!" Rarity said with a smile.

"Ok Rarity!" Jordan replied. They began to walk away, when Rarity noticed his wings.

"Oh, Jordan, you never told me you were a pegasus!" Rarity called out. Jordan stopped and turned around to face the boutique once again. "I think Rainbow Dash can give you lessons on flying." Rarity pointed out. "Be sure to look for her."

"I'll keep that in mind." Jordan replied. They the walked away. Off in the distance, he saw a field of apple trees. 'Wow that's a lot of apples.' he thought, and Pinkie told him and Lyra "next stop, Sweet Apple Acres!"

Jordan recalled what happened the night before, when Applejack bucked Jake in the gut. He wore an upsat look all the way to the acres, passing barrels of cider and a little yellow filly with a pink bow and red mane and tail running in the other direction. She stopped, looked at him, and looked at his back leg, noticing it had no marking whatsoever. She just went wide eyed and asked Jordan "ya have no cutie mark?"

Jordan looked at her quizzically, but turned to look, and she was right. No image or anything. Jordan just smiled, and replied to her. "I guess I don't know my special talent then." Hearing this made her curious.

"Ya dont know yers? Yer a full grown stallion!" she cried out. Jordan made some more small talk.

"I can see that about myself. Can you tell me who you are?" Jordan asked the little filly.

"Ah'm Applebloom! Me and my friends Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo are trying to find our cutie marks!" She then wore a larger smile. "You have to hang out with us sometime!" She said with glee.

"I'll remember your offer, but right now, I am on an town tour with Pinkie as the guide. I'll see you later! By the way, I'm Jordan." he told her.

"Ok, see ya later!" She then ran off in the other direction towards town. Jordan just smiled. 'Ahh youth.' Jordan smiled. They all then continued to head toward Sweet Apple Acres.

Ponyville Library...

Jake had already read through 3 of the books about magic. Twilight was amazed at his diligence toward magic. She then stopped him for a moment.

"Jake, would you like some lunch?" she asked. Jordan shook his head, but then his stomach made him change his mind. He chuckled. "Err...I mean, I guess so!" They trotted to the kitchen that Jake nor Jordan had seen yet. He sat on one of the chairs, and Twilight brought out a daffodil and daisy sandwich. Jake just looked at it with an 'are you serious?' expression. Twilight just chuckled at the look on his face.

"Just try it! You will like it!" Twilight reassured. Seeing no way around it, he took a bite, and, to his surprise, it was good! He scarfed the whole thing down, save for the crusts of the bread.

"I told you you would like it!" She said Jake just looked at her with a smile.

Just then, a rainbow blur came crashing into the window, shattering it into pieces, and crashing into the bookplace. Twilight and Jake looked at the pile of books, and noticed Rainbow Dash.

"Rainbow, it took me hours to get these books sorted! "Twilight whined. She started levitating the books Jake helped clean up the mess.

"He, he, sorry Twilight. By the way..." Rainbow Dash looked at Jake. "Who is that?"

"Rainbow, you remember Jake right?" Twilight reminded her.

Rainbow dash then said "oh hi there Jake! I didn't recognize you!" She then came to a thought. "I guess Jordan is not here?"

Jake and Twilight shook their heads. Twilight the explained why. "He went with Pinkie on a tour of the town."

"Ok, see you two later, and sorry about the mess!" Rainbow Dash yelled as she flew out the door.

"She is going after Jordan, isn't she?" Jake asked Twilight.

"Yep." Twilight responded. "Should we go warn Jordan?" she said with a giggle.

"Nah, let's get this mess cleaned up." Jordan finished. They then got to work sorting the books in alphabetical order.

A/N

There ya go! Chapter 9! Quadruple yay! Anyway, I hope you liked this chapter. As always, tell me what I need to improve on, or any suggestions you may have, in your review or comment!

Eternity out!

End A/N