• Published 25th Feb 2012
  • 5,215 Views, 234 Comments

A Brony's Dream Come True - FeatherFoot



A brony named Jordan finds an unexpected sight. What adventures will he have?

  • ...
33
 234
 5,215

Chapter 14

A/N

Thank you to AnonJ17 and MBTrophy for the quick resonse to my call for help! You guys rock!

Anyway, here is Chapter 14!

End A/N

Cloudsdale...

Rainbow Dash woke up as he saw sunlight peek in to the room. She pulled the covers off herself as she reached over to pick up one of her varying Daring Do books. Jordan awoke soon after.

"Good morning Rainbow." He greeted. Rainbow turned, and saw him under her covers. She smiled.

"Hi Jordan." she responded. "I really did enjoy yesterday." Jordan smiled back.

"I can see that. Anyway, would you like anything?" Jordan asked. Rainbow looked at him curiously.

"What are you talking about?" She responded with another question.

"I am heading out in just a moment to pick up some stuff. Do you want anything for me to bring back?" He responded.

"That...would be nice." Rainbow stated. "But can I go with you?" Jordan looked at her, and smiled.

"Of course you can!" He stated. Rainbow flew into the air, cheering.

"All right Jordan! Let's go!" She flew out the door.

'She is so eager sometimes' he thought to himself, as he followed her to the town square.

Ponyville Library...

Jake and Twilight got up early to talk about their favorite books. Jake talked about his favorite books by James Patterson, and Twilight discussed her personal favorite, "The Elements of Harmony". They finished by noon. Twilight asked jake "so, you must know a lot oabout this author huh?"

Jake smiled. "Yeah, I do." he stated matter-of-factly. Twilight smiled back. Jake then thought of something. "Twilight, do you mind if I make us something for breakfast?"

Twilight nodded. "Go ahead!" She trotted back to the bookshelf to read a random choice. Jake turned to the kitchen. He found a recipe book on the counter, and found instructions for "Lime Portion". Jake looked quizzically, but shook it off. "Eh, I need the ingredients for this. Lets see... A tuft of cloud..." He looked at the recipe closer. "Umm...Im gonna need Jordan's help with that." He continued. "...a bright rainbow's glow..." He started getting suspicious. "Ok, what kind of 'Lime Portion are they trying to have me make?" He shook his head and continued. "...stir with a pegasus feather fast not slow..." Jake stopped. He relized what he was actually making. "This isn't Lime Portion. It's Love Potion! No wonder the ingredients sounded familiar!" Jake put the book down, and looked for something else. He found a recipe for Daffodil and Daisy salad. "Ah, this seems good." He looked at the ingredients list, took note of them, and trotted back out to Twilight. "Ok Twi', I am heading out to the market to get some stuff for the breakfast."

"Can I come too? I don't want to be here by myself." Twilight begged.

"Isn't Spike here?" Jake questioned.

"He went emerald hunting with Rarity." She responded. Jake then thought for a moment, and smiled.

"Of course you can." Jake told her. Twilight sprang up and started bouncing.

"Yesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyes..." She continued for 30 seconds, before Jake interrupted her.

"Umm, should we be going? Jake asked. Twilight stopped and blushed. She coughed before saying "yes". They both left the library to go to the market.

Ponyville Square...

Jordan and Rainbow Dash were looking at the vast number of stands in the market today.

"Wow, I've never seen THIS many vendors out here in the market!" Rainbow Dash stated. They then saw Applejack behind one of the carts. Rainbow called out to her.

"Hey Applejack!" Rainbow then ran up to her stand. Applejack then turned to Rainbow Dash and smiled.

"Howdy there RD, what can ah do fer ya?" She asked. Jordan then stepped up. "Oh howdy there Jordan!"

Jordan smiled at her greeting. "Hi there Applejack." He stated before continuing. "I just stopped by to see where any apples were." He was about to continue when Applejack stopped him.

"Say no more!" She then brought over a bag of apples. "These are on the house!" Jordan looked quizzically, and then said "thanks Applejack!"

Meanwhile...

Jake and Twilight had just arrived in the market. Jake looked down the list.

"Let's see, we need Daffodils and daisies, obviously, and we need carrot greens, also some apples." he stated.

"Oh, I see the apple cart!" Twilight announced. They headed in that direction. They trotted up to the stand, and there stood Applejack.

"Howdy there you two! What can ah do fer y'all today?" she asked them. Jake responded.

"We need apples for a salad I'm making later for us." Applejack looked quizzically, and then gave a smile like she knew what was going on.

"Oh, ah see what's goin' on, y'all took a likin' to each other huh?" she chuckled, while Jake and Twilight blushed a bit.

"Yeah, kinda" Twilight stated. Applejack continued.

"Ahem, anyway, y'all can have some apples, free of charge!" She announced while placing a saddlebag of apples on Jake.

"Umm, thanks!" Jake replied. Before they walked away, Applejack had one thing left to say to them.

"By the way, Jake, yer friend Jordan and Rainbow dropped by asking for apples from me too. Ahm thinkin' they took a liking to each other also." Jake looked at AJ with a "are you kidding me" look. Twilight smiled.

"I'm looking forward to seeing them! "She stated, snapping Jake out of his thoughts.

"um...yeah" Jake said. They walked away at last. Looking for the rest of the ingredients. They were looking in seperate directions, trying to look for the stands, but they ran right into Jordan and Rainbow Dash, making all of them spill their supplies.

"Hey! Watch where you're-" Rainbow Dash realized who she and Jordan ran into, and she stopped herself. "Oh, hey Twi'."

"Hey Ranbow, I see Jordan is with you." Twilight responded. Jordan and Jake just bickered at each other about who ran into who, but stopped after 5 seconds, then walked back to their, now, marefriends.

"And I can see that Jake is with you also." Rainbow responded. Twilight blushed, and they both said the same thing the very next moment.

They both shouted out "you like him don't you?!" they both said out loud, and Jordan and Jake took notice. They then looked at each other.

"What happened while you were at the show?" Jake asked Jordan.

"Well, we got into the VIP area, and we watched the show. RD said she was enjoying herself, and then she...kissed me." Jake then smiled to him.

"Good to hear." His mind was racing at what to tell him if Jordan asked, and he did inevitably.

"Well, what about you after we left?" Jordan asked with a smile.

"Well, we left the library, noticed a concert about to be performed, we got dinner, watched the concert, Twilight got attacked by Trixie, I ran her out of town using an overused meme, and she...kissed me." Jake finished, panting after saying it all in one breath. Jordan smiled.

"Good going with Trixie, and Twilight must like you." Jordan said, smiling.

"Rainbow must like you after what you did for her." Jake responded. They then turned to Rainbow and Twilight.

"Twi', we were getting ingredients for the salad?" Jake told Twilight.

Jordan told the same thing to Rainbow Dash. They looked at each other. "Were we thinking the same thing?" Jordan asked Jake.

"I think so." They then turned back to the girls, who took notice of them.

"Oh, right, well, we were thinking about actually taking you out to eat at a restaurant in Canterlot, if that's ok." Twilight told Jake.

"You up for it Jordan? Rainbow asked. Jordan smiled a determined grin.

"I'm up for anything Dashie." he said.

Jake then replied to Twilight. "Sure Twi'!" They then trotted to the train station to board a train to Canterlot.

They arrived at the train station about 30 minutes later. Twilight and Rainbow pooled their bits to get all four of them train tickets. Jordan then remembered that him and Rainbow could fly, and Twilight and Jake could just teleport them all there, but he decided not to question it. They recieved their tickets, and trotted to the waiting platform. They saw the train pull up, and the occupants trotted off the train in a hurry. The conductor called out.

"ALL ABOARD!"

The four of them showed their passes, and boarded the train. Unfortunately they were assigned seperate quarters, 2 ponies per quarter. Jake and Jordan were assigned room 3 while Twilight and Rainbow were assigned room 4. They entered each room, and the train conductor came up on the speaker.

"Attention passengers, this is the conductor speaking. Our present destination is Canterlot with an estimated travel time of 2 hours. We hope you enjoy your time on board the Pony Express, and we will let you all know when we are about to arrive. Thank you." The speaker turned off.

Room 3...

Jordan sat down on the bed, and Jake sat on a bolted chair. Jordan then asked Jake about Twilight.

"So, Jake...what do you think about Twilight, like, what do you see in her?" Jordan asked, making Jake give him a look of disapproval.

"Isn't that kind of personal?" Jake asked.

"I'm just asking." Jordan responded. Jake sighed.

"If you really must know, she is smart, caring, and she likes me too." Jake told him. Jordan just chuckled. "What about you, what do YOU see in Rainbow Dash?" Jordan stopped chuckling instantly.

"Well...I...um..." was all he could stammer out of his mouth. Jordan just laughed.

"It's ok Jordan, I was just joking! Don't strain yourself!" Jake laughed, while Jordan just sighed. However, they could also hear Rainbow and Twilight in the room next to them. They figured if they could hear those two, then vice versa also applied. They agreed quietly not to talk about the show in any way, shape, or form.

Room 4...

Twilight and Rainbow were talking about how much they like Jake and Jordan respectively.

"...and that's why I love him." Rainbow finished. Twilight smiled.

"I see Rainbow. You sure do like him. One question however. What does his cutie mark mean?" Twilight asked.

"I think it means he is a fast learner when it comes to flying." Rainbow Dash replied. They could hear Jake laughing next door. Rainbow Dash had an idea.

"Twilight, I have an idea. Follow me." Rainbow whispered to Twilight, as they left their cabin, to go to the cafeteria part of the train.

Back to room 3...

Jordan and Jake were trying to figure out how to play rock, paper, scissors without hands. After they finally gave up on it, they heard a knock on the cabin door.

"Come in." Jordan announced. The door opened, revealing Rainbow Dash and Twilight.

"Hi you two. We just wanted to know if you two wanted to spend some time with us at the food area." Rainbow said, while Twilight tried to hold in her laughter.

Jordan and Jake just stared, but thought they weren't planning something, and went along with them to the food area.

When they arrived, they sat at a table that had a few snacks on it already. Jordan and Jake looked at the spread on the table, and Rainbow Dash and Twilight smiled.

"Go ahead!" They both said at the same time. Jake was the first to pick up one of the red roses on the plate, and Jordan followed suit. They chomped on the flowers, and suddenly, their faces turned red. Flames shot from their nostrils, and they were lucky there was water on the table already. They took the water and chugged it. They finally felt better.

Twilight and Rainbow Dash were laughing their heads off, while Jordan and Jake chuckled, thinking about revenge.

Jordan was first to speak. Heh, very funny. But now we have to get payback. It will be a surprise, so no hints on what it is." Jordan and Jake chuckled to each other. Rainbow and Twilight now had a look going from hilarious to a bit nervous. They then got up and Twilight kissed Jake, while Rainbow kissed Jordan.

"Does that make up for it?" They both said, trying to sweet talk their way out of it.

Jake remained silent, while Jordan stated "that just about covers it." they then headed back to their respective cabins, leaving the tray on the table.

A/N

A Double Date! Thank you AnonJ17! You saved me from being stuck in writer's block! anyway, I got done watching the new episode at 1:30 EST and I was impressed. I even saw an Ace Ventura cameo in it :D

Anyway, keep those suggestions coming!

Eternity out!

EDIT: Thank you AnonJ17 again! If anyone out there has an OC they would like in the story, send a PM! be sure to be as descriptive as possible so I know what the OC looks like.

Enf A/N