• Published 18th Aug 2013
  • 8,884 Views, 350 Comments

The Legend of Zelda: Friendship is Magic - Multi Personas



Both Link and Epona race to fight evil once again, however once they make it to the thing that is behind all the monsters that roam Hyrule, they get a big surprise.

  • ...
17
 350
 8,884

Chapter XV

Chapter XV

I cautiously walked down the stairs, which ended up turning to the left as I kept descending, my knife in my mouth and the strange device on my left hoof, clinking when I stepped with that hoof. I kept myself at the ready, just in case anything decided to try to surprise me. The stairs ended and opened into a rather long room, at least three of me wide-- plenty of fighting room. And fight I was going to have to do because I had managed to stumble upon a sleepy wolf.

He must have heard me coming from the clinking from my device covered hoof because when I reached the room he was getting up and he started to growl before charging after me, however I has more than ready for it.

Just as he had lunged for me I swung my hoof at him, praying the device would shock it. My prayers were answered be I felt and saw a small arch of electricity jump from my device to the wolf, who yelped and was knocked back. The smell of burnt fur was strong in the air. I ran up to the fallen wolf to deliver the finishing blow but just before I could reach the wolf, darkness engulfed the wolf, and in a matter of seconds the darkness left and I was alone.

I smiled at the device as I held it up to inspect it. It had lights on it but a couple of them looked busted when I hit it with my hoof. It probably wasn't as strong as it could be, but it still took the wolf out with a single punch. I placed my hoof back down and headed to the other side of the room, where another set of stairs led upwards. It didn't take long to get up those stairs, but instead of ending in an open area, there was a trap door blocking my path.

I tried to push on the trap door but I wouldn't budge. I pressed both of my hooves on it and pushed with my back hooves and eventually the wood holding the door in place gave out a loud Crack!

In a single moment I went from in a staircase into another dimly light room. However this room felt very familiar, and I heard loud growling from behind me and I knew why. I turned around as fast as I could but one of the bigger wolves that I had seen in the big room with a big cage, had thrown himself at me and caught me with his shoulder, ramming me up against the metal bars.

I felt myself crumple to the ground and my vision began to swirl and go fuzzy, but with a quick shake of my head and I set my eyes right and this time I was able to dodge as the same wolf tried to flatten me against the bars again. I quickly countered his attack by striking the top of his shoulders with my electrified hoof. He gave a terrible howl but he shook me off and charged at me again.

This time I was ready for him as I ducked just as he leapt and I struck him in the gut with my hoof, which made him crumble to the ground. I took this opportunity to quickly stab him in the neck. He let out a single struggled gurgle before the life in his eyes went out and he too was consumed by the darkness. I quickly turned behind me, remembering the other two wolves in the cage. They were watching me, studying my moves as I killed their brother. But now they had both seen that I was watching them now and they both sprung froward, after me.

I tried to dodge the one coming from the right but I ended up getting hit by the one on the left and again I found myself up against the metal bars, only this time I was pinned. I raised my head and brought my blade down, sticking it into the neck of the wolf that pinned me. It yelped and jumped away from me, but I didn't get a chance to get my knife back, so I acted on impulse and ran to the wolf, catching it off guard and I hit it square in the jaw which made it spin back and collapse on it's side. Just as I was about to go after it again I was tackled by the other wolf. I landed on my stomach but when it reared back to get a good hold of me with it's yellowing teeth I turned over and stuck out my hoof so it bit down on the device.

I felt a static like feeling as the electricity pumped into the body of the wolf, it gave out a gurgle and blood spilled from its mouth. When I felt the static leave I kicked it off of me with my hind legs and I quickly jumped up, ready to fight, but there was no one else to fight. The wolf that I stuck my knife into must have died when I punched it in the face since where it landed was only my knife, the wolf being nowhere in sight.

I picked up my knife and I sheathed it. I took a quick look around the room now that my life wasn't in danger, I saw a set of wooden doors that were very beautifully decorated. Or once had been, since vines and such have taken over the door. I took a deep breath as I started to walk towards the doors, though a sharp pain in my back made me hesitate. I shook my head to get rid of any feelings of uncertainty and pain, and pushed onwards.

The doors swung open with little to no resistance, which surprised me to say the least, but I kept my face as straight as possible. It was dark in the room, and my hoofsteps sounded massive as they echoed through out the room. A few steps away from the door and they slammed shut, and large torch pits throughout the room lit up and in the middle of the room sat a huge white wolf, about three times my size.

“Ah, it would seem that Nickle failed me,” the wolf said suddenly. I almost jumped into the air at the sound of his voice.

“Where's Fluttershy?” I growled, trying to sound as threatening as possible. The wolf ahead of me gave out a loud deep laugh and rose to it four legs. I had to crane my neck upwards just to see his face.

“She is just beyond that door,” he said, jerking his head towards the opposite end of the room where a very ordinary wooden door stood, seeming out of place in this place of old stone and decaying wood. “My name is Iron, the guardian of under the earth. What is yours, pony?”

“Epona! The pony that will kick your ass!” I shouted as I charged at him, he jumped over me to dodge me and stuck me with a hind paw, knocking me halfway across the room, rolling to a stop. ~Cough~ “Damn,” I muttered as I picked myself back up, pulling my knife from it's sheath.

“Give up, Epona, you can't win,” he said, staring me down with icy eyes. I ran after him again, and again he jumped over me, but I was ready for him this time and dashed at where he was going to land. He landed and I managed to slam my left hoof into his maw, and I saw the electricity arc onto him. I followed up with a quick slash, catching him in the shoulder, and before I could get another slice on him he spun and kicked me with both of his hind legs, knocking me back again but not as far this time because he was balanced on one leg, but he used the force of the kick to move himself forwards, and quickly spin to face me again.

“Huff, alright then, your death wish,” Iron said dashing at me, I ducked and he flew over me, I quickly dashed after him and tried to hit him with my hoof but he blocked my swing with his paw. However he didn't block the slice across the face with my knife or the buck I gave him using the flow of the spin.

He rolled away and landed on his back and I quickly jumped and swung my hoof down, aimed at his head, just missing by a hair when he rolled away and jumped to his feet, but I rushed him and swung my knife at his paw, bringing him to the ground and then I slammed my hoof into his skull so hard that I saw a few gears fly out of the device.

Iron went stumbling a few feet back and landed on his back. I heard a Shperk! come from the device and I glanced down to see sparks jump off of it.

“Urk!” I heard Iron gurgle, and I snapped my head up. I slowly walked up to him, ready in case he was playing possum, though I highly doubted it. He had a pool of crimson blood pooling around his head and it looked like it hurt to even breath.

“So, you live up to your title, Epona,” he said, chuckling a little, “You have kicked my ass.”

I gulped and put my knife away. A certain feeling was settling in my stomach.

“Go, your friend in through that door,” Iron said, the life fading from his broken body. “Take care, I am only the first of many to fight you.”

“I will, thank you,” I said sort of awkwardly, starting to walk away. I heard a gurgled “You're welcome, Epona.” His voice sounding oddly familiar, though I didn't dwell of it. I ran to the small wooden door and kicked it down. It revealed a long corridor and I ran down in and at the end was a very elegant door, laced with what looked like gold.

I took a deep breath, readying myself for another wolf on the other side of the door. Thankfully I found none, but I did however find a shard of what looked like a mirror sitting on a soft red pillow, which sat upon a white stone pillar. It seemed important so I picked the shard and put it in my pocket, and I was about to leave when I felt a sort of tingling all over my body. My eyesight was filled with white. When the dizziness wore off I rubbed the spots out of my eyes and found that I was back in the Everfree Forest.

“Oof!” I heard from beside me and looked down and saw Fluttershy!

“Fluttershy!” I exclaimed as I rushed to her side, “Are you alright?”

“Huh?” she asked, dazed, “Where am I?”

“Fluttershy, you're in the Everfree, are you ok?”

“I-I'm fine,” she said, standing on shaking legs. Or at least she tried to stand, I quickly helped her and together we started in a direction that I felt was the correct one. I was on guard, but the most that I saw was yellow and red eyes staring at us from the shadows that seemed to disappear the moment I looked at them. Fluttershy didn't talk the whole walk, and when I looked her over she didn't have any wounds that I could see, she just seemed exhausted.

After what seemed like quite a while we came across a small creek, I set Fluttershy down near the water and watched as she drank. I let out a deep breath and looked around. I didn't see much, but it was a nice area to rest, and that's what we did.

Author's Note:

Merry Christmas to all those who waited patiently.

Comments ( 8 )

Yay! You updated! This was a good chapter, keep going ok?

6768316 Since this is right after Majoras Mask we can only assume that Navi is nowhere to be found, but still out there

So in Hyrule Link is the hero, But in Equestria, Epona, being a pony now, is the hero who has to face the evil beings and safe the day and Link is her side kick. Very nice and good work on making the plot match the world of Equestria.

6769681 wait, I thought you introduced navi already, along with Fi and Midna a chapter or two ago in Hyrule? Or amI wrong and just thinking of someone else's story that I read... Meh:derpytongue2:

6771000 You might be thinking of another story lol. :pinkiesmile:

i like this story and this dungeon. kinda wish this was a real game would love to play the legend of zelda: Epona's tail. :P

8325799
I don't mind, though to be honest I don't really do much here anymore, sorry

Login or register to comment