• Published 18th Aug 2013
  • 8,884 Views, 350 Comments

The Legend of Zelda: Friendship is Magic - Multi Personas



Both Link and Epona race to fight evil once again, however once they make it to the thing that is behind all the monsters that roam Hyrule, they get a big surprise.

  • ...
17
 350
 8,884

Chapter XIII

Chapter XIII

“Hyah!” Link yelled as he tossed his fishing line into the small river.

“Does he always do that?” Twilight asked me.

“Yup,” I replied. Me and Twilight were sitting under a shady apple tree on Applejack's farm while Link fished in a small river that flowed through the south section of Sweet Apple Acres. “It's a little weird.”

“Hmm,” Twilight hummed as she looked at Link for a few more seconds before looking back at me. “Shall we continue?” she asked.

“Sure.”

“Ok, sweepstakes,” Twilight said, levitating the dictionary in front of her face.

“Uh, winning of stakes and prizes,” I said.

“Correct!” Twilight exclaimed.

“Sweet,” I said with a smile, happy that I finally got that word right.

It's been about a week since Celestia had visited, and Twilight has been helping me read and write. I can read a little better; not much better but still better, but I can't write any better. Today she's been helping me expand my vocabulary by giving me a word list to read and quizzing me.

“That's the last word, Epona,” Twilight said with a happy tone.

“Really?” I asked excitedly. Learning this stuff may help me, but it is really boring.

“Yup, and since we finished early today I can give you your next word list and you can study it now!” Twilight said excitedly, a piece of paper levitating in front of my face.

“Oh yay,” I said through gritted teeth and a forced smile as I took the piece of paper. “Though I was actually hoping Link could help me fight.”

“But, studies are more important than swordplay,” Twilight said, standing and taking a step forwards.

“But if I am to protect others then I must learn how to handle myself in a fight,” I said, standing and taking a step forwards as well.

“You can fight with knowledge!” Twilight said, taking a step.

“I can fight more effectively with a blade!” Another step.

“Don't use the words I taught you against me!” Another.

We were nose to nose and I was about to yell back something, but I was cut off by a scream. The three of us froze with wide eyes, our ears listening.

“It came from over there,” Link said, pointing to an area off to the distance. A little off from Ponyville, but still very close.

“Are there anymore parades going on?” I asked Twilight.

“No,” Twilight said, fear in her voice.

“Damn,” Link cursed, throwing down his fishing rod. “Twilight, get to town and make sure nobody else gets hurt, Epona, with me!” Link said, running towards the farm house. I ran at his heels but stopped when I say Twilight frozen to the ground.

“Twilight!” I yelled, snapping her out of her daze. “Get going!”

“R-right,” Twilight said, running towards town. She stumbled slightly while running, but I didn't have time to worry.

It didn't take long to catch up to Link but I didn't say anything. Instead I only focused on my goal which was getting back to the barn and getting my knife.
~*~*~*~

“Link? Epona? What's going on?” Applejack asked as we ran into the barn where she was putting back a basket for apples. Link ran into the loft and started to tear up the room looking for his stuff.

“We heard screams from the direction of town, we're going to investigate,” I said, finishing as Link stepped out of the loft.

He didn't put on his green tunic but he did put on his chain mail that he wore under it, he had the Master Sword and his shield on his back. He tossed me my knife and I caught it in my mouth. I had Link change the sheath so I could fit it to the side of my saddle, which I did.

Me and Link dashed out of the barn and ran down the road to Ponyville.

“'Am coming to,” Applejack said, running behind us. Link just nodded and we ran on, soon clearing Sweet Apple Acres.

I heard a growl from my right from some bushes. The bushes rustled and a great black thing leaped out of it, right at me.. I quickly grabbed my knife and tucked into a roll, the thing missing me by inches. I righted myself and looked at a great black wolf charging at me.

It jumped to attack so I dropped and used my back legs to spring myself up and thrust my knife into its side, drawing a long line of blood. I landed and instantly turned around and sprinted at it, while it was still stunned and thrust my knife into its neck, slicing it's throat. It dropped dead and I let out a huff and looked back to Link and Applejack just in time to see Link pull his sword from the skull of another one, while Applejack looked at the display with fear and disgust.

“Applejack,” Link said, getting her attention. “Get to the library, Twilight should be there.”

Applejack nodded and started to run, steadier than Twilight had earlier. Link flick the blood off of his sword before sheathing it and I did the same.

“Check on Fluttershy, these look like they came from the Everfree,” Link said. I nodded and took off toward Fluttershy's house while he continued on to Ponyville.

I kept my eyes on the road in front of me, and my ears to the side to listen for anymore ambushes. Luckily I didn't have much to deal with on the way to Fluttershy's, a single wolf which fell faster than the first. A single thought kept trying to creep up on my at I ran to Fluttershy's, but I didn't have time to think about it so I pushed it to edge of my mind and ran on.
~*~*~*~

I ran up the road to Fluttershy's but the sight before me made me stop at the bridge. The door was broken in half and the windows were broken, and large claw marks digging out chunks of the outer walls. I pulled my knife and ran into the house. Inside was an absolute wreck; everything was torn up, the couch was in half, the wallpaper was torn and hanging in places that looked like more claw marks, bird cages were broken and nests were scattered, the rug was thrown in one corner, and there was no sign of life, animal or pony. I ran through the house quickly, checking ever room, resulting in the same: no Fluttershy.

“Damn!” I yell as I find myself back in the living room. I ran back outside and checked around the house.

Fluttershy's shed only had a half of a wall left standing, and her chicken coop had blood splattered all over it, but I saw chicken corpses so I didn't think that any of it belonged to Fluttershy. I ran to the pen and saw a large pair of paw prints leading a track to the Everfree Forest.

“Let's go, Epona. You've faced worse things,” I said as I ran to the forest, following the paw prints. Yeah, but I always had Link with me. “Link's not here, and Fluttershy needs you right now, so don't wuss out,” I said, trying to calm my ever growing nerves. My thoughts shut up after that, and I ran in silence.
~*~*~*~

After a mile the bloody tracks dried up and I had to slow down and track the wolves by the broken branches and slightly kicked up dirt. After another two miles or so of that I lost track of the tracks. I slowed to a trot, then to a slow trot, then a walk, then finally I stopped moving at all. I let out some huffs and puffs of exhaustion, as I twisted and spun around, trying to find the track again.

“Fuck!” I hissed, sitting down, angrily, catching my breath. I took a few deep breaths, to calm myself down and get my bearing.

“Grrrrr,” a deep growl coming from behind me made me freeze. Through instinct only, I leaped to the side as I felt a wsh of wind behind me. I landed a few feet from the spot and jumped a few more feet away, before turning around to face my opponent, my knife in my mouth, my body positioned ready to fight.

Before me stood another black wolf, but it didn't attack, it stood tall and fearing. I didn't let down my guard, but I did take a better look at it. It had jet black fur, it stood twice my size, it had red eyes, and long yellow teeth. It didn't look any different from any of the other wolves, yet I could tell it was different. Perhaps it was the pack leader.

I was about to strike, when it did something that I last expected.

“I would have thought that they would send someone stronger,” It said in a deep voice, it's gaze never leaving me. I couldn't believe it! Of all the things this wold could have done, it did the thing that surprised me the most. It insulted me!

“What?!” I screamed at it through my knife. “What the hell's that supposed to mean?!”

The wolf only raised an eyebrow. “You are quite small to be a hero.”

That made my blood boil. Sure, I may have been

slightly

smaller than Twilight, or Rainbow Dash, or even Fluttershy! But I was hella strong!

I charged at him as fast I could, but he simply jumped to the side, dodging my blade. With my side exposed he rammed me in the side, making me fly a few feet away, but I quickly righted myself up and faced him again. This time he attacked me, coming at me like an arrow from a crossbow. He was diving low so I jumped above him, clearing him. When I landed I spun and ran after him. I swung my blade at his exposed side and I felt it slice into his skin and hit ribs.

He let out a great roar and kicked me away. I landed on my back and in an instant he was on me. His big paws pinned me down and he growled in my face. I swung my knife that was still in my mouth and caught him in the side of the face. He let out another roar and I took this opportunity to kick him off of my and do what he did to me. Only I couldn't pin him down so I quickly stabbed him in the neck. He let out a gasp then he went slack and quiet. I yanked my knife out and wiped it off on his fur, before sheathing it. I let out a pant of exhaustion before triumphantly puffing out my chest.

“And that's what you get for undere-, under-, underest-, fuck it, for laughing at me! Bitch!” I yelled at his dead body as it slowly get covered in a dark wisp. The dark wisp slowly dragged it down into the ground leaving nothing but a blood stain on the ground.

I felt the ground shake underneath me, and before me grew a black stone doorway that lead to a set of stairs that lead underground. I swallowed my nerves and took a deep breath before stepping a single hoof onto the black stone. The moment I did I felt a great disturbance run through my body.

“I hope you're down there, Fluttershy,” I muttered before descending down the stairs.

Author's Note:

Hi! Remember me? Firstly, I must appoligise for the lack of updating. Don't worry i have excuses. 1. I just got a new job and it has been keeping me very busy! 2. Some very stressfull things have been messing me up. 3. My editor had to quit so i haven't had anybody yelling at me to write a new chapter.
Yes, thats why my writing in this chapter is very lacking. Also, if you have any questions at all that either pertain to the story or not, got ahead and ask them, just PM me or drop a comment. Also, sorry if this chapter was too gory or stiff. feel free to point out any errors you see and i'll try to fix them as fast as possible.

Happy 4th of July to my American readers. Stay safe.