• Published 18th Aug 2013
  • 8,884 Views, 350 Comments

The Legend of Zelda: Friendship is Magic - Multi Personas



Both Link and Epona race to fight evil once again, however once they make it to the thing that is behind all the monsters that roam Hyrule, they get a big surprise.

  • ...
17
 350
 8,884

Chapter XII

Chapter XII

I was in my own special Hell.

“Dear! I have some new dresses for you to put on~” I heard Rarity call out in her singsong voice that I have learned to hate in the past hour. I was standing on her little stage in a light blue and very frilly dress. Complete with a cone shaped hat. “You didn't hear it from me, but you wear that a lot better than Applejack,” Rarity said as she levitated a few dresses and hung them up on a nearby cart that was filled with all the other dresses she had forced be to try on.

“Thanks,” I said, sarcasm dripping off my words.

“Of course dear!” Rarity said, not noticing my sarcasm. Using her magic she slipped the dress off of me and hung it up.

“Rarity,” I said to get her attention.

“Yes, darling?” she asked with a dress in her magic.

“Shouldn't we start on the proper manners I should have, or something?” I asked, using my hoof to rub my mane back into the mess it was. I didn't mind having my mane brushed, I just preferred it be messy, it made me feel wild.

“Hmm, I suppose you're right,” Rarity said, looking disappointed, the dress in her magic falling a little before being flown back to the rack. “Come along, we shall set up in the kitchen,” Rarity said, walking away. I jumped down from the stand and followed her into a small kitchen. “Go ahead and have a seat,” she said. I sat down while she fiddled with various things a few minutes later and she had a cup of tea in front of us both.

“Thanks,” I said as I grabbed the teacup in my hooves.

“Not a problem,” Rarity said as she used her magic to lift her cup and take a small sip. I too took a sip. It tasted pretty good.

“Now,” Rarity said, getting my attention. “Here are some flash cards that you should probably go over,” she said, floating over a stack of small pieces of paper. She landed them in front of me.

I picked one up in my hooves and looked at it. The “words” looked like squiggles. Fancy squiggles, but squiggles nonetheless. I looked back up at Rarity. “These won't work.”

“Well why not?” she asked, sounding irritated.

“I can't read,” I said, looking at the cards again, hoping something will jump out at me, but alas, nothing does. I look back up at Rarity to see her with a shocked expression on her face. “What's wrong?”

“W-well you can't read!”

“Uh, yeah. I noticed.”

“Well why not?” she asked frantically.

“Well, I only just became like this yesterday, so...” I trailed off, letting her pick up what I was trying to say.

“Oh, I'm terribly sorry, how inconsiderate of me. It's just that it's easy to forget,” Rarity said, a blush adorning her cheeks.

“It's ok, shall we start on these manners?” I asked, holding up the cards again.

“No,” Rarity said, levitating the cards away. “We have something much more important to learn.”

“Why is it important?” I asked, taking another sip of tea.

“Why is it not?!” Rarity asked. “Reading and writing, are the fundamentals of being a successful and active member of society. Being able to communicate properly with those around you, is a success in it's self. A joy! Prideful even.”

“Wow, is it really that big of a deal?” I asked out loud.

“Yes!” Rarity practically yelled. She stood up and wrapped my hoof in magic. “Come! We must learn!” she yelled as she rushed us out of the room gracefully.
~*~*~*~

I stuck my tongue through my teeth as I held the quill in my shaking hooves.

“Come on. Come on!” I hear Rarity whisper in my ear as she looked over my shoulder. I rolled my eyes and concentrated on the “A” I was currently drawing.

“There!” I yelled as I finished the line I was on.

“Yes!” Rarity exclaimed, using her magic to hold up a single sheet with one word written on it.

“It's not the best hoofwriting I have ever seen, but it's a good start,” Rarity said, looking at the piece of paper.

“Thanks,” I said, beaming. What she said was true, I did feel a little prideful. Not a lot, but enough to notice it.

“And it only took us fifty minutes. Still enough time to get you over to the library,” Rarity said, looking up at the clock on the wall with a smile. I took back the paper and looked at my name.

“What do I do with this now?” I asked, looking to Rarity.

“I have just the thing!” she said as she left to the other room. She came back out a few seconds later. “I made this while you were practicing your lettering. It was quick but I hope you like it,” Rarity said, holding up what looked like a miniature version of my saddle that I usually wore.

“Here, let me help you put it on,” Rarity said as she moved it towards me. It was really simple, the saddle rested on my back and the rest just wrapped around.

It fitted pretty good. It hugged my body softly, but firmly. It didn't move around much when I did. “Wow, it fits really good,” I said, a little surprised since she didn't take any measurements, to my knowledge at least.

“It even has little pockets under these pieces of cloth,” Rarity said lifting the colored cloths hanging off the sides, revealing little pockets. I folded the piece of paper a few times and placed it in there. “I based it off the saddle that you wore previous to coming here.”

“Thank you Rarity,” I said, bowing my head a little.

“Think nothing of it, darling,” Rarity said, brushing it off like it was nothing. “It was fun to experiment with a design from a different culture.”

“I didn't think that you studied my saddle, isn't it still at the farm?” I asked, half to myself. We had started to leave the shop.

“Well, I didn't need to have the outfit with me to study it,” Rarity said as we walked down the road to Twilight's. She started to explain it more when she saw my confused look. “I have photographic memory, if I see something once, I will remember what it looks like, down to the tiniest detail.”

“Wow,” I said, amazed. “How can I get photographic memory?”

Rarity started giggling.

“You can only get photographic memory by being born with it,” Rarity said, still a little giggly. My ears flattened and I drooped my head as we walked. “Oh, there's no need to feel so dejected, you can still improve your memory by doing little memory exercises.”

“Dejected?” I asked with an eyebrow raised, a new word that I had never heard of before.

“It means sad or depressed,” Rarity said, with a smile. “I know that Twilight would let you borrow a dictionary, a book filled with every word in the Equestrian language, if you were to ask.”

“Really?” I asked. I guess I could get the book and let Link read it to me.

“Yup, in fact, here we are!” Rarity said. I perked up and saw that we had made it to the library. “I only wish that we could have spent more time practicing proper mannerism.”

Mannerism. Another word that I did not know.

“Well,” Rarity said, “I have to go, someone must look over the shop.” Rarity waved me goodbye and started to walk back. I waved back. Before turning around and walking towards the library.

I opened the door and walked in. I saw Link, Twilight and Celestia all sitting in a sort of circle on the sofas. Twilight and Celestia were on one sofa and Link was on the other.

“Oh, hello Epona,” Twilight said, giving me a short wave to come join them. I walked in and sat down next to Link.

“It is good to see you, Epona,” Celestia said to me with a nod of her head.

“You too, Princess,” I said, remembering the few tips Rarity had told me when I was learning to write my name.

“Link here was just telling me about your bravery last night,” Celestia said, a sort of something that I couldn't place in her voice. “I must thank you for keeping a few of my little ponies safe from harm.”

“It's no problem,” I said, with a smile.

“Did Rarity make that, Epona?” Twilight asked, pointing to my new outfit.

“Yup, she made it while I was practicing my ABCs,” I said, looking over the thing. It truly was great.

“ABCs?” Celestia asked.

“Uh, yeah. I don't know how to read. But Rarity taught me a little. I know how to write my name now,” I said as is took out the paper I had in my pocket. I handed it to Link who took it and opened it up. He had a smile on his face as he passed it to Twilight then to Celestia.

“This is very good for somepony who just learned to write,” Celestia said, and she floated it back to me. I grabbed it and stuck it back in it's pocket.

“Thank you, Princess,” I said, bowing. I felt a sort of pride when she complimented me. “Sorry about not being able to be here when you guys were discussing stuff.”

“It's ok,” Celestia said, “from what everybody here tells me, you two are completely harmless and act to defend those in need.”

“Thank you, Princess,” I said, with a smile. True, I wasn't expecting to have Celestia pass judgment on us, but now that I think about it I assume it would be the right thing to do.

“Please, call me Celestia,” Celestia said with a smile.

“Oh, um, thank you,” I said. I wasn't really sure what happened, since I know for a fact the it's a really big deal to be able to call a princess by her first name. I think Link only got to be able to do that a few times.

“You are very welcome,” Celestia said with a smile.

“Oh! I should get some tea!” Twilight exclaimed as she rushed out of the room and into the kitchen.

Celestia tried to hid her giggle behind her hoof. “She always tries her best and tries her hardest to get everything perfect.”

Twilight came back out a few minutes later with a teapot and tea cups along with little cookies.
~*~*~*~

“Well that was fun, wasn't it Link?” I asked, looking up at him. He nodded his agreement. He was carrying a bunch of left over cookies in a piece of cloth, and a dictionary Twilight let me borrow. She even offered to teach me how to read and write more than Rarity had.

We were currently walking down the road to Sweet Apple Acres with the sun setting in the distance. Celestia had stayed for a few more hours and together we all talked, played games, and told stories. Just regular hanging out. I wasn't really sure what was going to happen, since there was a princess there and all, but it just felt like she wasn't a princess, but a regular pony. I wonder if Princess Zelda was anything like Princess Celestia.

“Hey Link?” I asked. He turned his head towards me and looked at me with a smile.

“Thank you,” I said.

“For what?” he asked. For what was right. I’m honestly not sure why I said that.

“For being my friend,” I said. Again I didn't know where that came from. “For, saving me, back on Lon Lon Ranch, even though it didn't actually happen. For everything, really.” I looked back up to Link and saw him smiling.

“Of course, it has been my pleasure after all these years,” Link said with a chuckle.

“We've had some good times,” I said, thinking back to some of the good memories we've had together.

“Remember the time when we were camping out beside Hags River?” Link asked. I snorted a laugh at he memory. Link had accidentally disturbed a giant bee's nest and they chased him and didn't give up. They only gave up when Link jumped in the river. I tossed him his Zora's Tunic to help him stay underwater because the bees didn't leave. They left me alone, but when Link came back up the next day he was all pruned.

“It was really funny,” I said, giggling.

“Yeah it was,” Link said with a smile of his own.

“We're bound to have many more adventures like that, right?” I asked him.

“Right.”

Author's Note:

So sorry for the delay, a TON of things got in the way. But it's here, unedited, but it's here. I will upload the edited version at a later time. I have just obtained a job so that basically screws with my writing schedual, so there will no longer be a set time limit as to when the next chapter will come out. Sorry. Comment on it, upvote, downvote, or not, it's up to you.
Also, if you like sweet, cute, short, romance stories, go check out my other stories. Not that you will or anything.