• Published 18th Aug 2013
  • 8,884 Views, 350 Comments

The Legend of Zelda: Friendship is Magic - Multi Personas



Both Link and Epona race to fight evil once again, however once they make it to the thing that is behind all the monsters that roam Hyrule, they get a big surprise.

  • ...
17
 350
 8,884

Chapter VII

Chapter VII

“Granny! Big Mac!” Applebloom yelled happily as she ran up to the two ponies standing by the door, hugging the big red stallion, while the green old one chuckled.

Me, Link, and Applejack walked up to the two ponies at a slower pace.

“Howdy all!” Applejack greeted, stopping a few feet away from them. “This here is Link,” she said, pointing to Link, “and Epona,” she said, pointing to me.

“Well aren't you a tall fella,” the green old pony said, eying Link up and down. Link beamed. He liked it when people pointed out that he was tall. He use to get picked on from Mido for being the shortest Kokiri.

“This here is Big Macintosh, we call him Big Mac for short, and Granny Smith,” Applejack said.

“Hello Mr. Macintosh, Miss Smith,” Link said, bowing his head. Big Mac got a smile on his face when he hear 'Mr. Macintosh' from Link, while Granny Smith got a sour look on her face.

“Just call us Granny Smith and Big Mac, there ain't no need to be so uptight,” Granny Smith said, “ain't that right Big Mac?” the proud look on Big Mac's face left him, but he still responded.

“Eeyup.”

Hmm. He must not say much.

“Oh, I’m sorry,” Link said, bowing his head again.

“Now there ain't no need for apologizin', you didn't do no harm,” Granny said.

“Right,” Link said with a nod of his head.

“Well, how about you show them were they're goin' to be sleepin' tonight, Applejack, while I get dinner started, hope y'all like soup!” Granny said, turning into the house.

“Sure thing Granny,” Applejack said. She turned around and started to walk around the house. Me, Link and Big Mac followed her to a big red barn.

The inside of the barn looked like any other barn. It had tons of space, a loft, hay everywhere, and various tools and equipment. Applejack led the cart she was pulling over to the side and unhitched herself. Big Mac started to put things away to where they belong, and Applejack led me and Link to the loft. There was a fairly big space filled with square hay bales and a bunch of blankets and pillows. Me and Link would be able to fit just fine.

“Sorry 'bout not gettin' you a proper bed, but Big Mac got this all set up for you,” Applejack said.

“Oh it's fine, we've slept in worse places,” Link said. I nodded in agreement. Link turned back to the main room of the barn. “Thank you Big Mac.”

“Eeyup,” came the reply.

“Well it's only three, and all the chores have been done fer today, so feel free to do whatever ya like till dinner then we will go off to bed and get up early. I hope y'all don't mind, but you will have to work tomorrow,” Applejack said.

“Nah. Compared to some of my other jobs, this will be a nice break,” Link said, chuckling lightly. It would be a nice break from fighting, but I have no idea how ponies are suppose to pick apples.

“Alright, well ah'm goin' to be helping Granny cook dinner so if ya need anything it's best you talk with Big Mac,” Applejack said, walking out of the loft area.

“Thank you,” Link said. I nodded my head in agreement. Applejack left and soon we were left alone with Big Mac, who was still putting stuff away. Link ducked back into the loft and started to take some of our stuff out, like our medicine and bandages and such. “Come here, Epona,” he said, sitting on a bale of hay. I walked towards him and sat down. He reached for my bandage and started to unwind it.

“Good news, you no longer have to wear a bandage,” Link said, parting my fur to look at my cut. It stopped hurting a long time ago and the magic infused bandages really helped. They didn't completely heal a wound like a fairy would, but they did speed up the healing process.

Link brought his hand away and started to pack everything away. I bent my head down and brushed my fur to the side with my hoof, trying to get a look at the healed wound. My fur was slightly crusted with dry blood but the wound was healed. I licked my hoof and started to rub the blood out of my coat. I scrunched up my face and spit out the dirt that I licked up. Once I got the dirt out of my mouth I checked my coat and found that all the blood was gone. I gave myself a satisfied smile and straighten up.

“Well, I’ve got to dispose of these bandages,” Link said, carrying my old bandages out of the loft. “You can do whatever, Epona. After this I’m going to unpack,” Link said with a smile. I smiled back and nodded. “Hey, Big Mac?”

I left the barn and stepped out into the apple orchard. I stood there for a second, feeling the wind brush a light breeze over me, brushing my mane back a little. I took a deep sniff, smelling the apples on the trees. It was really nice here. It was peaceful and calm. Different from Hyrule in almost every way. I scanned the area and saw a saddened Applebloom walking around with her head down, kicking rocks. I felt myself start to walk over to her, not because I wanted to, but because I felt compelled to. At least I think that's the word, I’m not too sure.

“Hello Applebloom,” I greeted as I got near her. Applebloom popped her head up when she heard my voice. She put on a big smile when she saw me.

“Oh, hello Epona, what're you up to?” Applebloom asked a curious gleam in her eye. Or maybe a pixie got in her head and is making her eye gleam like that. My mother always told me to be careful of pixies, once they get in your head they fill your brain with nothing by adventurous thoughts. When I first met Link, I ran away because I didn't want to catch the pixies. I knew they were there because I saw the gleam in his eye. But when I heard him play Malon's song, then I knew she trusted him, then I trusted him. And so far as I know, I haven't caught the pixies. But it was too late for poor little Applebloom. She was screwed. Luckily I knew of certain things to do so I don't get the pixies. I was safe for another day! Ha ha!

“Nothing, what are you up to, you seem sad,” I said. Applebloom's smile fell and she started to walk and kick rocks again. I walked next to her.

“It's nothin', ah'm just kinda sad because normally ah would be crusadin' with mah friends, Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo,” Applebloom said.

“They are the ones who said bad language and beat up another pony with a sandwich, yes?” I asked.

“Uh huh, well normally they would be over here, but since they have detention, they can't be here, and now I’m sad because they're not here and I’m kinda bored,” Applebloom said, looking back at the ground.

I felt bad for the little filly, so I did the only thing I could think of at the moment.

“I'll play with you.”

I could hear the glee in young Applebloom's smile that stretched from ear to ear.

“Really?!”

“Er,” I hesitated when I saw the huge smile adorning her face. Perhaps I have made a mistake. “I-”

“This is goin' to be so fun!” Applebloom interrupted me by pulling me away by my hoof. She led me deeper into the orchard, away from the house, and kept rambling on about stuff we would do. I wonder what hang gliding, bungee jumping, and snowboarding is?

~*~*~*~

After a few minutes of her dragging me through the orchard we came across a tree house. It was a nice looking tree house. It was pinkish with a door and windows, and a big ramp leading up to it. Applebloom dragged me up the ramp and through the door. Only when I was inside the tree house did she let go of my hoof.

“Well?” she asked, expectantly.

“Huh?” I questioned.

“The tree house!” Applebloom yelled, jumping a few feet in the air and landing softly.

“Oh! Uh, well,” I was having some trouble coming up with the words to describe the place. It looked nice and all but I didn't really have another example to base my opinion on. “Um, it looks nice?” I tried. Applebloom's smile got even bigger at the compliment.

“Thanks! Ah cleaned it up all by myself. There was a lot of stuff that needed to be fixed, but I managed,” Applebloom said, with a hint of pride in her voice. “It serves as headquarters for the Cutie Mark Crusaders, and the Rainbow Dash fan club.”

“Cutie Mark Crusaders?” I asked with a raised eyebrow.

“Yeah! Its a club that me, Sweetie Belle, and Scootaloo made so we can get our cutie marks!” Applebloom excitedly said.

“...Cutie Mark?” I asked, not really following what she was saying. Applebloom froze, her smile dropped and she looked at me with terror in her eyes.

“...you don't know what a Cutie Mark is?” Applebloom asked slowly. I slowly shook my head. Applebloom's jaw dropped at my statement. She shook her head and put on a smile again. “Sorry, ah forgot you were from whole 'nother world.”

“It's fine, though what is a Cutie Mark?” I asked, I was very curious.

“A Cutie Mark is something somepony gets when they find their special talent,” Applebloom said. She looked at her blank flank and sighed. “Me and the other crusaders have been trying to get our Cutie Marks, but we haven't been able to get 'em yet.”

“Oh, well I'm sure if you keep trying that you'll get them eventually,” I said, giving her a reassuring smile and patting her on her back.

“You really mean that?” I nodded my head. She smile, not as big as before, but it was still a smile. “Thanks, the adults keep sayin' that we just have to wait and it'll come to us.”

“Nonsense. If listening to Link's stories about how he saved multiple lands from evil taught me anything, it's do it yourself and don't wait on destiny. I think. I was a horse and only understood half of what he said,” I said. Now that I think about it, being a horse I was pretty limited with my knowledge, but now, it seems like I know a lot more than I did before. How odd.

“Hmm,” Applebloom hummed, tapping a hoof to her chin. “Ah like that philyosopy.”

“Philyosopy?” I asked. It was a word I was unfamiliar with.

“It's a word Sweetie Belle uses. At least I think it's philyosopy. Ah don't know,” Applebloom said, shrugging her shoulders. “Say, what does your Cutie Mark mean?” she asked, looking at my Cutie Mark.

“I don't know. I know that they represent the Triforce Triangle, but only that,” I said, looking at them. “Now, what about these games?”

Applebloom's smile grew so wide I was sure it would fall off her face.

~*~*~*~

“Epona?” Link's worried voice asked. I didn't see him, all I was focused on was crawling towards the farm house, while Applebloom skipped merrily beside me. When I got close enough I stood up with a big groan and looked up at Link. He was wear his brown baggy pants that he kept tightened at his calves and a baggy white shirt, with it's sleeves rolled up. He didn't have his boots on, but he did have his hat on.

“Ugh,” I groaned, “I was playing with Applebloom all afternoon.” I was so relieved when we heard the dinner bell ring. I really didn't want to jump off the top of the tree house to test out a pair of homemade wings. I heard Applejack chuckling from inside the house and looked to see that she was standing in the doorway.

“Yeah, she and the other crusaders can be a hoofful at the best of times. Well y'all go get washed up, dinner will be on the table,” Applejack said with a smile, turning around and heading into the house.

“Follow me,” Applebloom said, running into the house. I let out a groan but followed her, Link following me. We used the upstairs bathroom to wash up, Link helping me.

I never washed my hooves before, and it felt weird to wash them. They were just going to get dirty again. But never the less we washed out hooves. Except Link, who washed his hands. We headed downstairs and we each took a seat, and bowls of what looked like turnip soup got dished out.

“Well, dig in!”

Author's Note:

Well there we are. Sorry for it being so short. I've been having trouble with my computer and school has been getting pretty busy, and of course I've been trying to scrounge together some money for a date with my girlfriend. Also, a few chapters ago i told you that there was going to be some action soon. that's next chapter, promise. also, i'm putting out a schedule for my writings on my page, if you are interested in it.