• Published 18th Aug 2013
  • 8,882 Views, 350 Comments

The Legend of Zelda: Friendship is Magic - Multi Personas



Both Link and Epona race to fight evil once again, however once they make it to the thing that is behind all the monsters that roam Hyrule, they get a big surprise.

  • ...
17
 350
 8,882

Chapter I

The Legend of Zelda: Friendship is Magic

Chapter I

Run. Just keep running and let Link take care of the fighting. Just keep your eyes on your destination; the big black swirly thingy.

These are the thoughts that raced through my head as I ran. There were four goblins in front of me, riding two heavily armored warthogs; one steered the oversized pig, and another shot flaming arrows. The goblins were lousy shots on steady ground, much less on a very mad warthog, but one or two arrows of the fifty they shot actually hit me. Luckily my light armor protected me and the arrows got reflected off the metal.
Shing!

I heard Link draw his sword from it's sheath and I felt his hand leave the reins.
Thish! Thunk!

I heard the sound of Link's crossbow shoot and arrow and saw and heard the arrow strike the goblin who was steering the warthog to the left. The rider pitched forwards and made the warthog trip and fall to the ground right in my path. I took no hesitation as I jumped over the fallen warthog and I felt my hoof smack into the remaining goblin in the head.

It made me stumble ever so slightly as I landed but I poured on much more speed, getting closer to the last goblin. My light armor covered my chest to my flank, and my neck so it didn't slow me down much; the warthog's armor looked very heavy and it covered it's legs, hindering it's movements and slowing it down, so I had no problem catching up to it so Link can slash at the goblins riding it's back.

As soon as I got close enough I heard Link give a mighty yell and I felt wetness hit my legs. I knew it was blood but that didn't slow me down. Link gave another yell and I saw the warthog veer off away from us from the corner of my eye. I felt Link pat my neck in thanks.

Me and Link have been fighting for most of my years; through Link's actions in battle I could tell what he needed me to do with out him saying so, and it was that that we have won so many battles, may it be pesky goblins or stupid thieves, we never lost.

“Come on Epona!” I heard Link yell, digging his heels into my sides, trying to get me to go faster. And faster I went.
We were racing across a field that had burned and broken trees, it looked as though this was once a beautiful place but the forces of evil have ravished the land, the sky looked like it was stuck in a dark form of twilight. Ahead of us was a very old looking stone bridge that stretched over a very long chasm. That thing swirled overhead, menacingly. It was black with dark blue around it's edges, and it had tendrils whipping across the sky, lightning was erupting from it every few seconds.

We arrived at the bridge and I stormed onto it, but what I saw and Link tugging on my reins made me skid to a stop. On the other side of bridge were many moblins, goblins, and everything in between. I let out loud labored breaths and pain shot through my joint from all the running and jumping. I felt Link lean in close to my ear and I could here his panting.

“Are you ready for this Epona?”

In response I reared back and let out a very loud whinny before taking off towards the dark spawn, who in turn charged for us.
I don't quite remember what all happened in the collide, I know I knocked some away and Link killed many but other than that I was a blur to me. I however felt a large pain on my underside. I knew it wasn't a very large gash, but it did make running and continuing a little hard, but I didn't let it show and I just charged on. Before I knew it we had made it through their (hopefully) last line of defense, however I quickly came upon something else that I feared.

Stairs!

Oh how I hated stairs, especially these kind of stairs; the kind that went down!

But regardless, I clenched my teeth harder and ran towards them. I knew it would be suicide to run down them, so as soon as I got to edge of them I jumped with all I had. Time had seemed to slow as I made my decent. I knew it would hurt like hell landing, but there wasn't anything I could do, and I needed to get to the dark swirly thingy.

I was right with the landing being rough, and the slice on my underside hurt like hell, but I kept on pushing. No one else was left to challenge us as we kept thundering on, the swirly thing growing ever so closer.

Suddenly I felt a giant tremor shake through the ground and a few trees got ripped up by some unknown force. I felt Link tug on my reigns but I didn't stop and he was yelling something but I couldn't make it out due to the loud sounds the tremors made.
I soon found out what he was shouting because suddenly a large piece of earth erupted in front of me and I just barely dodged it and I kept running. Earth kept coming up from the ground all around me and before I could react, the ground opened up from underneath me and I found myself tumbling downwards into deep darkness.
~~~

The darkness gave away to a very bright light and I closed my eyes trying to shield them. As soon as I closed my eyes I felt everything around me calm down. I no longer felt the weight of Link on my back, nor the slash on my stomach. I suddenly felt very calm.

I found myself remembering the past. From when I was first born to adulthood.

I remember a large ranch and a small red haired girl. I didn't trust anybody back then, but this girl had something about her that made me feel at ease around her, but I was still not going to approach her. That is until I heard her beautiful voice. I approached her cautiously after she had got done singing one day and I felt a type of bond between me and her. She named me Epona after the horse god on that day. I liked it. Soon I found myself playing with this girl, Malon I had overheard, and I was very happy for a while.
Then he came. He just came out of nowhere, but I still felt a sudden connection with him, much stronger than what I had with Malon. Though I still didn't approach him. Malon must have felt this connection we had because she taught him our song. He didn't sing it though. No, he played it on his ocarina. It sounded amazing, it sounded almost as good as Malon's voice. Almost.

Malon called him fairy boy, but his proper name is Link.

Link came often to play with both me and Malon. Though one day, he disappeared. This left both me and Malon saddened. But most of all, this left me feeling betrayed. He had quickly became my best friend and he left. I didn't see him for seven years, and in those years I was trained, harshly. When he did come back, I ran from him, not out of fear, but out of disgust. He asked the ranch hand if he could ride a horse and he let him, for a price. He kept coming for me, but I kept running away, that is until he pulled out his ocarina. I was slightly confused as to this but once he played our song, memories of him playing on the farm as a child came rushing back to me, and I found myself forgiving him, as Malon did long ago. Me and him raced Ingo, the ranch hand, and won, then Link stole me. He had to, or he would have been killed. We jumped over the fence that surrounded the ranch and we rode off. We came back to see that Ingo had been released from his dark embrace and the ranch was back to the way it was meant to be.
Link then took me all across the fields of Hyrule, doing his quests and what not. He often relied on me and for that I was grateful. Soon time had been rewound, but I never did forget our quest that never happened. Link came by often again and stayed many nights. But soon he was called to another quest, but this time I came with. And thus started our many adventures together.
~~~

Suddenly darkness came back to fill the white void as did my senses.

First was hearing and I heard birds chirping and the swaying of trees. Then touch, I felt something very heavy pushing on my body but I was too weak to do anything about it. Then taste, I could could taste the cold metal that was my bit, though my bit felt much bigger than before and I spat them out onto the ground. Then smell, I smelt a lot of good smells, like wild flowers. And lastly came sight. I slowly opened my eyes and looked at my surroundings. Very dense woods that seemed to block out the sun surrounded me. I closed my eyes once again and felt myself slipping into sleep.
~~~

The sleep was restless but once I awoke I did feel more exuberant. The heavy thing was still on me so I quickly started to slide out from under it. My hooves felt very weird as I pulled myself but I ignored it and pulled myself out. Once I was out of it I gave my self a little stretch and turned around to see what it was.

To say I was surprised when I found it was my armor and saddle bags that had obviously grown, was an understatement. I was about to take a step forwards when I felt... strange. It didn't feel tingly or anything like that, but I just felt strange, like I was in a new body. As I stretched out a hoof to take a step, I saw something that made my eyes widen then shrink. I looked at my hoof, however it didn't look like my hoof. First of all it was a lot thicker than my normal hoof, and it was completely covered in brown fur. I instantly froze, my eyes glued to my now weird looking hoof. I slowly lowered my hoof until it rested on the ground. I took a deep breath and gulped before I slowly turned my head around to look at my new body.

The first thing I could tell was I was small. Like extremely small.

Oh Goddesses I hope I'm not a filly again! I screamed in my head. That wasn't the best time for me.

The next thing was the symbol on my flank. It sorta looked like the Triforce Triangle, much like the one on the back of Links right hand.

When did I get a tattoo? I asked myself. I knew what a tattoo was from Link, he got drunk once at a milk bar and got a deku fighting a keese on his back. I’m not sure why.

A quick look onto the other side confirmed that I had one on that side also.

Two tattoos?!

I took a shaky breath, then I realized something very important. I quickly looked in between my legs.

Thank Goddesses, I’m still a mare!

Being a mare is something that I take pride in. Many stallions say that a battle field is no place for a mare and I love proving them wrong.

Another thing I realized when I checked my gender was: I still had that slash on my stomach. It wasn't that big or deep but in a forest it could get infected it could be fatal. Normally Link tends to any wounds on me.

Wait....

“Link?!” I shouted. I was so surprised that I fell on my flank. I quickly looked around to see who had made the noise. “I-I-I can t-talk?” now this had to be a dream. But I felt so real! Taking my new found voice I called out for Link again. “Link? Link!?”

I started to search for him, but I didn't need to search far. “LINK!” I yelled as I rushed to his side. I was no longer taller than him or wider, if anything I came up to his waist, maybe a little taller. He was face down in the dirt, stretched out. “Nonononononononononon....” I muttered as I tried to flip him over. I used my now shortened muzzle to slowly turn him over. And damn was he heavy. I blamed it on my now smaller body.

With him now on his back I quickly placed an ear to his chest. I couldn't hear anything because of his chain mail and the clothing but I did feel his breath on my mane. I could have cried for the fact that he was still alive. But I didn't, now was not the time for crying. Now was the time for action.... but what do I do.

Link was always the one to come up with plans and what not. I would carry him out of the forest, but I am now too weak. Instead I laid down by his side, curling up to him, and did the only thing I felt I could do at the time. Sing our song. Or more hum it, but still.

I knew I should have tried to close up the slash on my stomach but I didn't know how as Link always did it for me. So I just nuzzled up against Link and continued to hum.
~~~

I'm not sure how long I have been humming our song, but I do feel my eyes start to get heavy. I feel my head start to sink but I snap it back up and continue to hum, louder this time.

Rustle rustle.

I snap my head up to the sound of rustling leaves and squint my eyes, trying to find what made that noise. I’m suddenly very alert and awake. I found myself standing in a crouched stance, looking like I was ready to pounce on something that would dare to come near me. I pulled my teeth back and to my surprise, I growled. Man I was full of surprises today.

The thing that made the noise came out of the bushes and to my surprise, I found that I was looking at another horse. But this horse was strange. It looked a little taller than me, and it was purple. PURPLE FOR GODDESSESS SAKE!

It's mane was also purple with a little pink in it, right next to it's horn.... HORN!?

This is no horse.

“Hello, my name is Twilight Sparkle,” it said. “What are you doing out here?”

Author's Note:

So yeah, a new story. this hasn't been edited and i'm not sure if i will take the time to get this edited, i was half asleep when i wrote it, so i'm sorry if it seems a rushed (like it does to me) and any grammer errors. if i get enough requests i will rewrite this chapter so it seems less rushed.
I have one question to ask: Could i use the human tag with Link, even though he is Hylian?