• Published 18th Aug 2013
  • 8,884 Views, 350 Comments

The Legend of Zelda: Friendship is Magic - Multi Personas



Both Link and Epona race to fight evil once again, however once they make it to the thing that is behind all the monsters that roam Hyrule, they get a big surprise.

  • ...
17
 350
 8,884

Chapter X

Chapter X

“Uhhh,” I moaned into the dirt. I had collapsed on the dirt road, my legs splayed all around me. I felt like a slug. I didn't even want to breath as that took too much effort. It’s weird though, one second I was all full of energy, running through the streets of Ponyville. I even scared Fluttershy as I raced past her, then the next I was laying in the dirt, barely able to move.

I heard the sound of footsteps and hoofsteps approach me from behind.

“You ok, Epona?” I heard Link ask. I just groaned loudly at him. “Drank all your coffee in one gulp?” I groaned again. I heard him and Applejack both chuckle before I felt Link's hands wrap around my barrel and pick me up.

“Nooooo,” I let out weakly as I was picked up and held under Link's arm. “Whatever.” I really didn't feel like arguing right now. So with me held in one arm and Link pulling the wagon with his other, we set off.

We walked through the marketplace, where Applejack left us so she could sell her apples. Me and Link continued to Twilight's library house tree thing. It didn't take too long to get there and this time the ponies that were walking around didn't shy away from Link. Most of them even waved at him. He nodded back to them since his hands were full.

Applejack had explained to Link that Twilight gets up even earlier than she does on weekdays so that she can open the library for those who want to check out books early in the morning.

Link set me down and I was barely able to stand. Though I was a little wobbly.

Link opened the door to the library and we both stepped inside, Link pulling the wagon behind him.

“Oh, hello you two,” Twilight greeted as we walked in. She was sitting on the couch, reading a book. Link nodded so I, once again, had to talk for him.

“Good morning. Sorry if we are intruding,” I said as I walked to the other couch and sat on it.

“Oh, no. You're fine. To be honest I wasn't expecting anypony to be here this morning, but I figured that somepony might swing by for a book,” Twilight said with a happy smile.

“Well Link's here because he had to return your wagon,” I explained as I got comfortable. It didn't take long at all.

“Oh! Thank you,” Twilight said as she jumped up and walked to Link. Using magic she levitated the wagon through a door where it was then out of sight and out of mind. She looked up at Link with a smile on her face. “Would you like to check out any books while you're here? You can read them here as well if you would like to.”

Link got a big smile on his face and nodded. What most people don't know about Link, except for his close friends like Malon, Saria, and Na- er, no. Never mind. It’s too soon to bring her up. Anyways, what most people don't know about Link is that he is well read and loves to read.

“Well, you can go ahead and pick something off of the shelves,” Twilight said. Link nodded and walked to one of the shelves and started to look through the books. Twilight went back to her couch and started reading again.

I was left to myself once again. It was odd, this morning I was ready to go back to sleep, but now that I was able to sleep I didn't want to. And I couldn't even read, so I couldn't entertain myself while I was here. I began thinking to myself about what I could possibly do. Then an idea came to me.

“Twilight?” I asked, getting her attention. She looked up from her book and looked at me.

“Yes?”

“Would you know where Fluttershy is? I scared her this morning by accident and I thought I should apologize,” I said.

“Oh, well she should be at her home right now, would you like me to take you there?” she asked, already getting up.

“No thanks,” I said and Twilight sat back down. “I remember where it is.” I got off the couch and walked out the door. The sun was just peeking over the horizon, and I stopped to admire it for a few seconds. The sunrise looked almost as good as the one back home. Almost.

I set off to Fluttershy's at a brisk trot. As I trotted through Ponyville many ponies, that were actually awake at this time, waved and greeted me. I nodded back to them but I couldn't stay and chat. I had places to be.

~*~*~*~

It didn't take long at all to get to Fluttershy's and as I walked up the path to her house I could see her walk into her home. So I picked up my pace and knocked on the door. I heard a sharp 'Eep!” from inside and after a few second the door opened a crack.

“Y-y-yes?” Fluttershy asked from inside.

“Um, hey. It's Epona,” I said. The door opened a little bit more and I could actually see Fluttershy's face.

“Oh, good morning, Epona,” Fluttershy greeted with a soft smile.

“Good morning, Fluttershy. Look, I want to apologize about scaring you this morning,” I said with a small smile.

“Oh, there's no need. I should have seen you coming, I’m sorry I was in your way,” she said, trying to hide behind her mane.

“What?” I asked confused.

“I'm sorry, I should have made it clearer,” Fluttershy said backing away slowly.

“No! No, you're fine. It's just that none of that was your fault. It was all mine,” I explained.

“Oh, was it? I'm sorry,” Fluttershy said again.

“It's fine,” I said. I had a feeling that she would just keep apologizing if I let her.

“Would you like to come in?” she asked.

“Uh, sure,” I said. It wasn't like I had much to do anyways. Fluttershy opened the door all the way so I could walk in, which I did.

It looked the same as last time I was here, just not as many animals. There were probably sleeping.

“Would you like something to drink?” she asked.

“Nah, I’m fine. I hope I didn't interrupt anything,” I said.

“I was just getting everyone's breakfast ready, but I could do that while you are here,” Fluttershy said. By everyone I guessed she meant the animals.

“Would you like some help?” I asked. I might as well offer, right?

“Oh no, I couldn’t possibly ask you to help,” she said.

“Nonsense, the least I could do is help,” I said.

“Well, if you really want to help, I guess I could use some help getting the food,” Fluttershy said. “Could you follow me?” she asked. I nodded and together we walked through the house and down to a basement.

Fluttershy pulled on a string hanging from the ceiling and a glass ball lit up with a bright light. I saw something similar to that by a traveling merchant, but people called it magic then. As the basement was now lit up, I could now see it was filled with bags of food. Toys, shampoo and more for the animals were there too. Fluttershy walked over to one of the bags of food and tried to lift it up using her teeth, but it was clear that she was having a lot of trouble. I quickly trotted over and helped her out by ducking under it and picking it up with my back. It really wasn't all that heavy, maybe about twenty pounds. But then again, Fluttershy didn't have a lifetime of carrying around heavy barding while running at high speeds. Though now that I had a smaller body I bet I couldn't carry as much as I could before. Maybe a little over one hundred pounds at most. But that's just a guess, and a safe guess at that.

“Anything else?” I asked.

“No, that's all,” she said. I followed her up and out of the basement and back to her living room. Fluttershy quickly flew into the kitchen and brought out a bunch of bowls. She was balancing them on her back, and a had a knife in her mouth. She placed the bowls in a line on the floor.

“Could you set the bag down, please?” she asked around the knife. I nodded and slid the bag off my back.

Fluttershy took the knife and cut the top of the bag and tore it the rest of the way. She set the knife down on an end table and picked up a bowl with her hoof. She scooped out a heaping bowlful of the food. She did this with another one and I picked up the third bowl with both of my hooves and scooped up the food that way. Together we got through the whole thing in only a few minutes. Fluttershy told me to drag the bag of food to a corner and she put a special clip on it to keep the animals from getting into it.

“Anything else, Fluttershy?” I asked. I was ready to work.

“No, that should hold them over until tomorrow. I’m all done for the day, thank you. Would you like something to drink or eat?” Fluttershy asked again on her way to the kitchen.

“Sure,” I said as I followed. “Can I get some water?

“Of course,” she said as she made her way to a cabinet. She opened it and took out a cup and filled it full of water before passing it to me. I sat on my haunches and took it in both of my hooves and downed it in one gulp. I gave her the cup back and together we went back into the living room.

“I need to go into town for a little bit. You can stay here and play with the animals if you want,” Fluttershy said, putting on a pair of saddlebags.

“Nah, it wouldn’t feel right to be in someone's house without them being there,” I said as I made my way to the front door with Fluttershy behind me. We walked down the path to her house and we merged onto the path to Ponyville. We walked for a few moments in silence, but I tried to be polite and start a conversation.

“So, um. What were you doing in Ponyville that early? If you don't mind me asking that is,” I said.

“Oh, I don't mind. I was getting some medicine for a flock of baby ducks and the pony who sold the medicine said to come by really early,” Fluttershy said.

“Oh,” I said, thinking it over. Things fell silent for a few seconds. I cast a look over to Fluttershy and it looked like she wanted to make conversation but wasn't exactly sure how to go about it.

“D-do you like animals?” she asked. She seemed scared of asking it, like I was going to get angry or something.

“Yeah,” I said after a second of thinking. I was never asked that question before, so it took me a second to think. “Yeah I like animals.”

“R-really? She said. She seemed more confident of her questions now. “Um, which animal is your favorite?”

That got me stumped. I never really thought about it before. I didn't know too many animals, just what we had living on the ranch and a few that I met in the wild or in a stable.

“Um, I guess the cat?” I said, unsure of myself.

“Oh?” Fluttershy asked. Her voice seemed to ask me to explain, though I’m sure she would die from shyness if she ever actually asked that.

“Yeah. Malon had this small kitten that would sleep with her at night and when Malon came to play with me her kitten would follow. It used to ride on my back as I followed Malon around,” I said with a smile as I thought of the fond memory.

“How cute,” Fluttershy giggled, it behind her hoof. I started to giggle along with her. I'm not sure why.

“What about you?” I asked.

“Oh, I love all the animals equally,” Fluttershy said. Somehow I knew that was going to be her answer. “I don't think it would be fair to the other animals if I loved one more than the other.”

“Maybe not,” I agreed with the last of my giggles escaping me.

I was happy. I was having fun and I was happy. It was just me and Fluttershy laughing to some joke that wasn't told in the glorious countryside. I wonder if Applejack would be up for this kind of fun. If Applejack was like her sister in any way, then she would be up for fun that included a lot of running. Don't get me wrong or anything, I love running. But sometimes it was great to just walk around without a care in the world. It was going to be a great day and it wasn't even noon yet!

Then came the screaming.

Author's Note:

Sorry for the wait, I hope this chapter has lived up to your expectations. If not, well then I'm sorry.