• Published 13th Jul 2013
  • 6,607 Views, 109 Comments

A Day in the Life - Comet Burst



Big Gala, Sugarsnap and Thundercloud are the three prettiest mares in a Ponyville overrun with stallions. How do they deal with that?

  • ...
10
 109
 6,607

Of the Trio

"Okay, so let's go over the play once more," Rainbow Blitz said with a competitive edge in his voice.

Around him stood two other stallions, the rather dainty Butterscotch, who was panting from two minutes of play, and the beaming Bubble Berry, who somehow had snagged the ball by doing his signature 'pop-up-out-of-nowhere' thing. The team was far less than ideal for Blitz, who wanted to win pretty badly. However, he made the most out of what he had. He was the fastest of all the ponies, meaning they would focus on him while Butterscotch was left unguarded most of the time and Bubble did whatever he did.

"Do we have to?" Butterscotch whined.

"Yes," Blitz stated flatly, "Okay, so Butterscotch, you'll go down the left side past Elusive while Bubble, you zig zag around in front like this."

He motioned his hoof in a rapid and unorganized fashion back and forth, causing Bubble to grin wider.

"Oh! Oh! Does that mean I can do this?" he asked before running back and forth in short steps, resembling a dog.

"That's fine, whatever," Blitz responded, not really paying attention, "Now, when I shake Applejack, I will fake pass the ball to you, Bubble. You pretend to catch it to get Dusk's attention and run off while Butterscotch here--," he pointed to the yellow pegasus, "--gets ready to catch the ball behind Elusive. Got it?"

Bubble nodded his head so fast his pupils bounced around when he stopped while Butterscotch looked back at Blitz, confused.

"What was I supposed to do again?" he asked timidly.

The obnoxious shouting from Blitz easily made its way over to the other stallions standing opposite of the hoofball resting on the ground. The white unicorn sighed dramatically and rolled his eyes.

"At this rate, we won't finish before dark, and I have some new fashions to update myself on!" he whined.

"Ya think that's a problem? Ah gotta get up early tamarrah ta harvest some more apples," the orange stallion grumbled.

"Oh, like that's so hard," Elusive stated, unimpressed.

"Harder than readin' some fancy-schmancy magazine," Applejack responded a little too quickly.

"Guys, calm down," Dusk said, putting himself between them, "We all have stuff we need to do, so let's just try and have fun, okay? That's what this is about, right?"

The ponies moaned a response just as the opposing team broke huddle and approached the ball.


Red Gala settled into the warm, bubbly water and sighed. The heat felt good on her skin, allowing her tense muscles to relax. Around her came three other sighs, one from her each of her friends Sugarsnap, Thundercloud and Spines. Gala had her eyes open and chuckled slightly at the other mares. Sugarsnap looked very silly with her brown mane showing its natural curls, making it look like spaghetti sat on her head. Thundercloud's meticulously styled hedgehog spikes drooped to one side and Spines nearly disappeared into the bubbles.

Around them, several other mares enjoyed the spa as well. Sharp Shears sat in the mud bath with her friend Notable, a blue mare. Doctor Hoovesy, or just Doc as she was known, lay on a massage table, allowing one of the spa stallions to rub her back. The pastel blue one, Suave, gently applied pressure to her back, causing her to moan happily. His brother, the pink one known as Axe, was busy trotting around, seeing if all the mares were happy.

The fact the mares were comfortable around these two was a feat in itself. Axe and Suave had a very hard time starting out here in Ponyville, since most stallions were not into spa visits. Knowing they needed to attract the mares to their spa, the ponies offered to shut down the spa to all stallions one evening a week so the mares could unwind by themselves. It took a couple of tries, but eventually every mare came on that evening to be pampered. Many stallions were often jealous of Axe and Suave's success and tried to get job there, but they never were accepted. Axe and Suave took great lengths to ensure the mares were comfortable, going as far as to wear blinders or blindfolds when asked too.

The sun peeked brightly through the few windows near the ceiling, painting the walls gold and crimson. The aroma of fresh flowers and soap hung in the air, a rather intoxicating scent for mares. Soft music played through a radio on the far side of the room, allowing a sense of tranquility to permeate the room the same way the smell did.

And as quickly as that sense of tranquility set in for Red Gala, it was gone.

A loud crash broke the peace as something splashed into the mud bath, sending the earthen substance everywhere. Notable yelped and jumped out of the bath, still covered in the stuff as Doc got a glob in the face. Both ponies were immediately attended to by Axe and Suave, who procured towels and lead them away to the back room to get in the showers while they cleaned the broken glass now all over the floor. With Gala, Sugarsnap, Thundercloud and Spines luckily avoiding the mud projectiles, they looked over in curiosity as Sharp waded around in the mud, looking for whatever came in.


"Bubble!" Blitz shouted at the pink pony, "Why didn't you throw it to me better?!"

"I did exactly as you said!" Bubble shouted back to the cyan stallion, who was being held back by the orange earth pony.

"Well, that's just great," Dusk mused in an annoyed voice, "There goes my regulation sized hoofball autographed by Firespout."

Elusive trotted over to Dusk and stared at the broken window with him. It was unusually high up on the building, not a normal placement for a home. Before he could say anything, though, the yellow pegasus fluttered over to them as Blitz shouted.

"Well then?! Let's go get it back!"


Gala tilted her head as Sharp lifted an object out of the mud bath. It was oblong, looking like an oval with points on the end. She felt her friends move closer to get a better look.

"What is that?" Sugarsnap asked.

It didn't take long for Gala and Spines to recognize the object. Gala had seen her brothers play with a similar thing and Spines knew there was one of those up on a shelf that Dusk proudly kept.

"It's a hoofball," they said together.

As soon as they finished speaking, a knock came from the door, drawing the attention of the mares and dragon. Before any of them could say something, some arguing erupted from behind the door. They were unable to make out what was said, but it was clear whoever it was wasn't happy. The arguing got louder and it quieted for a second, causing the mares to look at each other.


"A one! A two! A three!"


The door burst open, startling the mares and causing two of them to scream. A mass of colors and bodies flew into the room, knocking over the curtains and vases that adorned the walls. Several shouts rose up from the heap of objects, each complaining about something.

"Hey, what fell on us?!"

"Ouch! Stop kicking me!"

"Okay, who's hoof was that?!"

"What the hay am I touching?!"

It took several minutes for the figures to pull themselves out of the mess, causing every mare to freeze in shock. The first one out was a tall cyan pegasus with a rainbow colored mane, still with a magenta curtain draped on his back and a bucket on his head. He froze as well, staring at the mares with the same expression they wore. Slowly, each of the others poked their heads out, each freezing just like the last.

"Uh oh," Dusk Shine stammered, wearing a sign that said 'Closed' on his neck.

Blitz and Elusive immediately began shaking off the various items they were wearing and smoothed their manes, trying to look presentable.

"So, come here often?" Blitz spoke, throwing a smug smile at the mares.

The mares screamed in response, each sinking into their respective bathtubs as the stallions started to scramble around, each red in the face. All except Blitz, whose ears drooped and his smile melted into a frown.

"Applejack!" came a shout, "What the hay do you think you and yer friends are doin'?!"

The orange stallion's mane stood up on end as he spun around. To his horror, his big sister, Red Gala, wore quite an angry scowl and climbed up out of the pool, utterly furious.

"RUN FOR IT!" Dusk shouted in response.

As one, each of the stallions scrambled towards the door, each shoving and pushing to get out first. A mad panic rose among them as Blitz turned tail and flew at the door, Red Gala hot on his trail. Blitz braced for impact as he slammed into the five bodies. As one, all six stallions sprawled out onto the street, each flopping around and landing in goofy ways. They each shook their heads, but froze when they heard Red Gala shout again.

"Yer all in big trouble now!" she thundered as she approached the door.

Applejack wasted no time in pushing himself upwards and bolted off, followed by Elusive, Blitz, Bubble and Dusk while Butterscotch brought up the rear. Gala tore out of the open door and kept charging after them, completely oblivious to the fact she was wet and covered in bubbles. As she ran, she slowly caught up to Butterscotch as the rest of the group ran/flew off.

"Don't leave me!" Butterscotch wailed, tears forming at the edges of his eyes.

The group of stallions simply kept going, unable to hear Butterscotch's cry over their own personal terror. As Gala caught up, she leaped into the air and pounced down of Butterscotch, pinning him to the ground. He wiggled his hooves weakly after his friends, who disappeared into a cloud of brown dust.

Whimpering pathetically, Butterscotch shivered as Gala rose behind him, expecting all sorts of bodily harm to come to him. Instead, he felt a set of teeth latch onto his tail and he began to be dragged away, back towards the spa.

"Help me!" he shouted to nopony.


The Golden Oaks Library was tightly secured. The door was latched shut in several different ways, both physically and magically. The windows had bookshelves moved in front of them and in the far corner, five stallions cowered behind a series of overturned tables and a bed. Slowly, each one poked their heads up from their makeshift shelter, terrified that there was a possibility of a red mare standing there.

"Poor Butterscotch!" Elusive wailed, tears forming at the corners of his eyes, "Why did we abandon him?!"

"B-B-Better him than u-us," Dusk stammered as he lay curled up in a ball.

"Why would you say that?!" Blitz nearly shouted, twitching at every little noise now.

"Who knows what she's doing to him?" Bubble whimpered, laying as flat on the ground as he possibly could.

Applejack nervously peek above the shelter again before replying, "Ah can think of a few things, an' they ain't pretty."


"More to drink, Spines?" Butterscotch nervously said as he extended a tray of cold drinks to the dragon.

"Oh, thank you," the baby dragon replied, taking a glass of pink lemonade.

Butterscotch's cheeks flushed as he trotted off to visit the other mares, allowing Spines to sip happily on her drink as Axe slowly filed her nails. Spines reclined on a chair, wearing an extra poofy bath robe with Thundercloud, Sugarsnap and Red Gala. The three mares and dragon each sighed happily as they nestled in. Even though the spa day had been rudely interrupted, Axe and Suave had tried to make it up to the mares by giving them all the upgraded packages for free, even though the mares insisted it wasn't their fault.

Butterscotch got off quite nicely, only having to make sure each mare had something to drink or a fresh towel. When Gala had dragged him back to the spa, he was bawling so bad, the mares each agreed he was too pathetic to get mad at. Instead of being mean, the mares asked if he could help Axe and Suave with anything. The ponies agreed and after thoroughly instructing him of how to behave around mares, allowed him to help pamper them.

Gala sighed happily as she looked at her friends, each enjoying themselves. Next week, they would get to do this all over again.

Author's Note:

Aaaaaaaand that's it!

Notable = Noteworthy
Dr Hoovesy = Dr Hooves (was thinking of a variation of Time Turner, but I got desperate)
Axe = Aloe
Suave = Lotus

And yes, I was thinking of men's bathroom products when I renamed Aloe and Lotus. Barbasol and Old Spice just don't have the same ring as Axe and Suave.

Comments ( 40 )

Why would they be playing hoofball near the spa? Wouldn't it be better for them to be playing near the farm?

Besides that one issue, this was a fun read. Though halfway through it kinda just felt a bit too much like male bashing for me. Granted, Dusk was kind of an okay guy.

A pity you're stopping here. Butterscotch being taken on as a regular spa-hand and hence being hounded by the stallions of the town for the secrets of keeping mares happy would be hilarious.

:rainbowkiss::rainbowlaugh: at times like these I wish Spike or in this case Spines had control over their dragon heritage and can co Dragon at will to skin the playcolts like Blitz

What, it's over? Aww!

Ah well. C'es la vie. I must wonder, though, how these events would translate to the original world...

Sad to see it end. There needs to be more Red Gala fics.

2925971
I thought about that, but then I had no way to plausibly have them interrupt the spa.

2925974
That would require its own story.:derpytongue2:

I'm up for having a sequel. Maybe the stallions have a crisis of conscience and mount a daring rescue mission? :rainbowdetermined2:

'Twas lovely! It's nice to see that Red Gala, at least, could keep the colts in line.

I hope you do get more ideas for these three. There really wasn't enough here for me to be satisfied

i was expecting the girls to force butterscotch to go through the spa treatment for humiliation.

I was expecting Butterscotch to enjoy himself at the spa.

2926415 This needs to happen.

Nice choice of names. Looking forward to more.

Barbasol and Old Spice made me laugh.

AND THEN THEY FUCKED

THE END

Complete...this can't be complete, I needs moar

This doesn't sound complete. it just doesn't. please ad at least 1 more chapter. PLEASE!?:pinkiehappy:

Dr Hoovesy = Dr Hooves (was thinking of a variation of Time Turner, but I got desperate)

I guess Hourglass would've been just a bit too...

:raritywink:

Yeah. That.

Freakin Butterscotch! I wanna see more of him and the wacky things he has to go through.

There need to be more female doctors

This was a perfect ending to a perfect story.

Oh my goodness this was hilarious! I loved how you kept everything innocent enough to make this very episode-like. I could totally imagine every detail of the fiasco unraveling, and it was so amusing! Another quality story, sir. Well done indeed!

Barbasol and Old Spice just don't have the same ring as Axe and Suave.

AXE AND SUAVE
MY FUCKING SIDES

Max

That was all? I was hoping for this to be longer... also you said there was going to be barb :(

I can't do anything but feel bad for poor Butterscotch here. He just emasculated himself in front of every mare in Ponyville...oh well, luckt compared to the rest I suppose

The pastel blue one, Suave, gently applied pressure to her back, causing her to moan happily. His brother, the pink one known as Axe-

MY FREAKING SIDES :rainbowlaugh:

Oh that was a fun read.

:rainbowlaugh::rainbowlaugh:

You got
Like +1:heart:
Fave +1:pinkiehappy:
Stalker:pinkiecrazy:Follower +1 :scootangel:

Good job, sir or madame:moustache:

I feel the biggest issue with this was that a lot of times it was hard to figure out who the gender-swapped versions were in the original series. The Mane Six are of course a cinch because their names are so universally recognized, but as for the rest... honestly, I couldn't figure out who Sugar Snap was supposed to be and was stumped until I reached the author's note. This is less problematic for the secondary characters, but when you have a chapter focusing on a Rule 63'd character, it's pretty important to know who they were in the original series. A quick description of them, e.g. skin/mane color and/or cutie mark, would have really helped out in figuring out who they were supposed to be.

Other than that I enjoyed the story.

3017257
Well, there is no R63 name for Caramel, which was quite problematic.

However, I did list who the characters were in the story description, but I will adjust it so others can tell who they are supposed to be.

Still think Female Spike should be called Barb.

3017355

Caramel sounds like a gender neutral name, really, so a name change doesn't sound necessary for her.

Three friends try to enjoy their lives despite being subjected to a constant barrage of unwanted sexual attention. Honestly, I was pretty creeped out the whole time I read this, particularly during the Sugarsnap chapter.
The writing is good though and it can't have been easy to hold together all those name changes.

This was soooo cuuute! :yay: i just love r63 stuff!! :pinkiehappy:

3222745 you made a mistake. Here is the correction.
:yay:+:eeyup:=:scootangel:

You pretend to catch it to get Dusk's attention and run off while Butterscotch here--," he pointed to the yellow pegasus, "--gets ready to catch the ball behind Elusive. Got it?"

You're counting on Butterscotch? Have you learned nothing? I thought they were playing volleyball for some reason.

"A one! A two! A three!"

This is why we can't have nice things!
2925971 These characters as stallions are all dumbasses, even as girls they aren't the brightest bunch. Fluttershy's not a tree silly! The color's fine, just make it cooler. The design's fine, just make it cooler. Rarity always acts with dignity and a ladylike composure,

We haven't sent a letter to Princess Celestia this week! Fluttershy knew how quickly Parasprite could replicate, and she still kept just one in her home, making a horde even bigger than the last. See what I mean?
They knock then break the door down?:facehoof:

I wonder how this universe acts with heat week

Not sure I like how the stallion six were portrayed but... Good story I suppose.

"Poor Butterscotch!" Elusive wailed, tears forming at the corners of his eyes, "Why did we abandon him?!"

I'm very surprised he doesn't go to the spa, even in this r63verse.

Can I ask who Sharp Shears was? Might be obvious, but to me is wasn't, and it wasn't in the ending's author's-note. I liked the story, and I can tell the gender stereotypes were over-played for comedic purposes--very well written.

Login or register to comment