• Published 7th Jul 2013
  • 3,449 Views, 38 Comments

Alternate Geoverse #3: Sharing The News - GeodesicDragon



What if Geo never met Twilight's family or Luna — and it came to telling them about their engagement?

  • ...
13
 38
 3,449

Epilogue

CHAPTER FIVE

Epilogue

The chariot landed outside the train station, as Twilight had spotted the rest of our friends waiting on the platform and asked the guards pulling us to land there. As we did I leapt out of the chariot and kissed the ground.

"Solid land!" I exclaimed happily. "It is so good to feel you again!"

"Oh come on." Twilight giggled. "Chariots aren't all that bad. I didn't have any problems with it. Then again... you are taller than me, so I can only theorise that your centre of gravity is different than mine, which is why you kept sliding around in there."

I shrugged and kissed the ground again, only to stop when several shadows converged over me. I looked up to find John, Ace and the girls looking back at me with bemused looks on their faces.

"Oh sorry, Geo." John said. "Is this a bad time? Would you like us to leave while you make out with Mother Nature?"

"Very funny, John." I laughed sarcastically as I stood up and dusted myself off. "But after spending nearly an hour sliding around a cramped chariot a few thousand feet above the ground... I think I've earned the right to make out with the dirt."

John cackled and slapped me on the back as everyone else gathered around.

"So how did it go?" Ace asked. "Was Twilight's family pleased with the news, or did the sudden bombshell obliterate their minds?"

"Oh hell." I said. "Where do I begin? Well first of all, Twilight's brother took an instant dislike to me. And when we told everypony about the engagement her parents passed out and he smacked me upside the head, knocking me onto my arse."

Everyone gasped.

"But after I came to we managed to convince him, with some help from his wife, that I was a good guy. Then we woke the parents up and pretty much told them the same thing. It took a while, but I won 'em round in the end."

"... Then I got interrogated about wedding plans for over two hours. I was thankful to leave, because my arse was numb from sitting still for so long. But to my surprise we weren't done, as Twilight dragged me off to the Castle to see the Princesses and tell them the good news as well!"

"They appreciated it, and I got to talk to Luna about some stuff for a while as well. And then we came back here... and I think I can safely say that you know the rest."

Silence greeted me as I finished talking. Eventually John burst out laughing. He waved a finger at me as he spoke.

"Nice one, Geo." He said. "You almost had me there. You're just playing another joke on us, like you did this morning. Now seriously, what actually happened?"

Twilight and I groaned.

This is going to take a while.

***

It took half an hour, but eventually we got everyone to believe what I was saying. Rainbow Dash burst out laughing at Shining Armour's impromptu punching party, while Pinkie Pie seemed more interested in the fact that the wedding was going ahead. She rattled off page after page of ideas which I eventually just tuned out, although I did notice Ace listening to her with rapt attention.

Rarity was ecstatic about making a dress, but seemed upset when Twilight said that she would just wear her Gala dress instead. After a bit of cajoling, Twilight eventually agreed to let Rarity be her manestylist and her Mare of Honour.

The rest of the girls were told they would be bridesmaids, which pleased them immensely. Since I didn't want to choose between them, I told Ace and John that they would be my Best Men.

With everyone content, Twilight and I said our farewells and headed back to the library after a busy day. Spike was happy that the wedding was going ahead but declined any major role, saying that he'd simply prefer to watch.

I got undressed and flopped onto the bed next to my fiancée. She kissed me tenderly and we both snuggled up together.

"I can't wait for our big day." I said eagerly. "Being married to you is going to be fantastic."

"Mmm, yes." Twilight replied. "I just hope we can get everything organised on time! There's the catering, the decorations, my dress, your suit, the invitations, the entertainment, the—"

I put a finger to her lips to silence her before she went off on another checklist rant. I gazed deep into her eyes and smiled, hoping to reassure her that everything would be all right. Thankfully she understood and nodded.

"Sorry." She mumbled. "But you know how serious I am about my organisation. I just want our perfect day to be... well, perfect."

"And it will." I replied. "Our friends are helping us, Twi, and they're not going to let us down. Our big day will be the best one we've ever experienced, I promise."

"I know it will." Twilight paused for a moment before she grinned, her eyes going half-lidded while she bit her lower lip. "I just hope that the honeymoon is even better."

"Oh that?" I waved a hand dismissively. "That's a given. But if you're not sure... why don't we get some practice in?"

"Sounds good to me." Twilight giggled. "They say that you shouldn't rush perfection... so let's take it easy, shall we?"

"We've got all the time in the world, my dear." I said as I pulled the covers over us. "All the time in the world."

For the rest of the evening no more words were said, as we were once again united in love.

*** THE END ***

Author's Note:

How many Geoverse stories don't end with sex?

Seriously, I genuinely want to know.

Comments ( 27 )

Favorited and liked.

Now to read it.

2837941

First favourite get!
First like get!

YOU WIN... nothing, because there that's all I have.

Enjoy! :trollestia:

So... judging by the protagonist's name and your username this is pretty much a self-insert?

2838041

Yes, and since I get this question a lot I will now quote the FAQ from my site.

Why did you use a shortened version of your username as the name of your main character in your Geoverse series?

Because I wanted to be somewhat original. Pretty much every HiE I read has characters called ‘Rick’, ‘Dave’, 'Owen', and so on. I chose ‘Geo’ because it stands out, and also because of the fact that ‘Geoverse’ sounds a hell of a lot better than ‘Chrisverse’.

Woo! Just as good as the others!
Can't wait for more!

2838059 Well then, consider me out. Sorry, I honestly can't stand unironic self-inserts and wish fulfilments.

By the way, Flash Sentry; there's an interesting character. Hope we'll see him again despite the creators saying EQG is non-canon.

2838243

Who said anything about 'wish fulfilment'?

What does that even mean, anyway?

2838243 dude does that stick up your arse poke at your food every now and then:ajbemused:.

2838302 No one. But the two are usually involved with eachother.

Flash Sentry is a character in EQG and Twilight Sparkle's love interest. Sorry, just a joke I like to pull now and then.

2838380

I know who Flash Sentry is. I was asking you what you meant by 'wish fulfilment'.

2838374

I appreciate the support, but please keep it civil.

2838374 I'm sorry I have an opinion and that I don't like what you like. I really am. Hope you can one day forgive me.

2838387 Self-inserts into Equestria where you romance your favourite pony. That is what I meant by it.

2838401

Well I'm sorry you see it that way, but that wasn't my intention.

2838402 Of course. Sorry, I usually relate the two when it comes to fiction.

2838388 Sorry, should have been a bit more civil but you kinda said that in a slightly pretentious way. Tend to overreact to that, it is a bit of a pet peeve of mine.:twilightblush:

2838437 No, no: I'm sorry. My comments really was pretentious, and for that I apologise.

2838541 Whatever we cool now:moustache:. Actually, in most cases I honestly kinda agree with you.

hmm now i want to see Her parents reaction to finding out they are gonna be grandparents. or did that already happen so much happens I might have missed it.

2839457

YYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!

2840295

Damn, that's something else I haven't covered! :raritydespair:

2843511 Ehhe your really gon na hate us by the time this is over arn't you... a love/hate relationship

2848370

Hammer? What hammer? :rainbowhuh:

And I'm guessing you didn't read the story properly, otherwise you would know why Shining hit Geo, and why Geo accepted his apologies.

And no, I'm not going to elaborate.

Great story as always, my good friend and fellow Wonderbolt (Avatars). Ten Scootaloos and the Scootaloo Seal of Approval.

:scootangel::scootangel::scootangel::scootangel::scootangel::scootangel::scootangel::scootangel::scootangel::scootangel:

:rainbowderp::scootangel::rainbowderp:

2951988

Only ten? :raritycry:

BTW, my avatar changes once a week. :twilightsmile:

Extra , um, how about extra six

:scootangel::scootangel::scootangel::scootangel::scootangel::scootangel:

2848397
A hoof against a human face would be equally painfull and abrasive as a hammer. You yourself said it was hard enough to make him black out. I was speaking in the equivalant of a human to human relationship.

2979313

You yourself said it was hard enough to make him black out.

Let's take a look at the last couple of paragraphs of Chapter Two:

Cadence squealed with glee while Twilight's parents passed out. But then everything went black as Shining Armour suddenly charged across the room and cracked a forehoof across the side of my head.

The last thing I heard before I hit the floor were the raised voices of two angry mares and an even angrier stallion.

Hmm, nope. I don't see anything which implies that Geo is 'hard to knock out', so how you came to this conclusion is beyond me. Then again, the fact you didn't provide a reference doesn't help.

Login or register to comment