• Published 30th Apr 2013
  • 3,235 Views, 98 Comments

Heartaches By The Number - ADRNEL



Big Mac is in the middle of a dilemma as both Fluttershy and Cheerilee fight for his affections.

  • ...
18
 98
 3,235

Final Number

It was a beautiful morning in Ponyville, although Fluttershy didn't seem to think so as she groggily got out of bed, her eyes puffy and red from all the crying she did before falling asleep.

She absent-mindlessly went through the motions of her morning routine, get up, feed the animals, feed herself, take a bath, put on her tail extensions and get herself presentable for the day.

After finishing her morning routine, she left her cottage to do her inspection of the forest and make sure all the animals are doing well. Although she couldn't help but feel empty inside, secretly accepting the fact that she'll be alone with nothing but her animals and friends, no special somepony, no foals, nothing.

But regardless, she put on a brave face and continued on with her inspection.

"HELP!!! SOMEPONY! ANYPONY! HELP!!!" yelled a voice in trouble. Fluttershy heard the cries and sprinted towards the source of the cries.

What she saw surprised her, a black pegasus with a mohawk mane, tangled up in some vines hanging from a tree branch. "HELP!!! I'M STUCK!!!"

Fluttershy flew up to the stallion and bit the vines loose, freeing him. The stallion gently floated down to the ground. "Thank you so much!" exclaimed the thankful stallion.

"Oh...no problem, just doing the right thing." humbly stated Fluttershy.

"Well thanks...uh...what's your name?"

"Fluttershy." answered the mare, a little nervous.

"Well thank you Fluttershy, you have no idea how long I've been stuck up there, thank you."

Fluttershy blushes. "It's no problem really."

"Is there any way I can repay you for helping me?" offered the stallion. "Oh...and my name is Thunderlane by the way."

"Oh...gosh...I don't know...that's so kind of you." stammered and nervous and blushing Fluttershy.

"That's okay, take your time." stated Thunderlane.

"Well...uh...maybe you and I could go on a...uh...date...EEP!" the mare quickly covered her mouth in embarrassment.

"If that's what you want...then yes...a date would be lovely." answered Thunderlane.

"What?!"

"Of course I'll go on a date with you, if you want of course." clarified the stallion.

Fluttershy blushed even more.


At the same time, Mac returned back to Sweet Apple Acres, now with a smile on his face. When he got there, he saw Applejack hauling hay bails into the barn.

"MAC!" Yer back!" exclaimed Applejack as she ran up and hugged her brother in joy. "Where have ya been?"

Mac just smiled. "Ah was soul searchin', tryin' t' figure out my life." he explained to his sister.

"Well...whatever ya did...Ah'm just glad yer back, sorry ah was a little hard on ya back there." apologized Applejack.

"An' ah'm sorry ah wasn't th' stallion ah should be." stated Mac. "From now on...no more ruttin' unless it's with mah special somepony."

Applejack just hugged her brother. "Like ah said...ah'm just glad ya back." she broke the hug. "By the way, where did ya spend the night? It was too stormy out t' sleep outside."

"Oh...just a special friend o' mine." smiled Mac.


At Sugercube Corner, inside Pinkie's room, is a desk, and on that desk is a drawing that Pinkie just made. The drawing is of her and Mac holding hooves in front of a giant pink heart.

Below it is a message reading:

Pinkie + Mac
2 gether 4 ever

THE END

Author's Note:

Finally! It's Done! Huzzah!

I've been struggling with an ending for MONTHS and this is the best I could come up with.

Thank you for your patience and praise for this story.

Big shout out to Joy Stick for helping.

Thank you!!!!

Comments ( 9 )

Short and sweet:ajsmug:

good job mate you wrote a good ending one that wraps up many loose ends many writers tend to forget but still left room for us to make our own unique conclusions about what happens after good job friend.

Well, ThunderShy came out of no where, I'm not saying it's a bad thing just....no needed really, pairing is nice though, the ending was a little to happy for my liking but it IS a E fic, anyway, an 8/10 for me, amazing job:yay:

I didn't see that ending, but it was a fun time to read. Best of luck in future stories.

I'm suddenly not sure if I want to start reading this or go play New Vegas.

I was told this song fits:

I love this story and the end was amazing!

Login or register to comment