• Published 30th Apr 2013
  • 3,235 Views, 98 Comments

Heartaches By The Number - ADRNEL



Big Mac is in the middle of a dilemma as both Fluttershy and Cheerilee fight for his affections.

  • ...
18
 98
 3,235

Number 2

“Dash! Are you in there? We need to talk!” pounded Fluttershy on the door of her best friend’s cloud home.

The door opens to reveal a slightly irritable and blushing Rainbow Dash. “Fluttershy?” asked the pegasus to her friend. “What are you doing here?” Rainbow shifted her head from left to right in a rapid succession. “You came at a very bad time you know.”

“I know,” stated Fluttershy, starting to get desperate. “but this is really important!”

“If its about Angel bunny, I don’t want to hear-”

“IT’S ABOUT BIG MAC!” Fluttershy blurts out.

Awkward silence develops between them. Rainbow Dash knows that anything involving Big Mac must be serious, especially since Applejack declared that he’s off limits to them.

“Dashie? Who’s at the door?” yelled a male Trottingham accent from inside the house.

“It’s Fluttershy.” answered Dash back.

“Cousin? By Discord, I haven’t seen her in days! Untie me from your bed and let me see her!” yelled the voice back.

Fluttershy is confused by the conversation. “Joy Stick is here? And why is he tied to your bed?”

“Uh...it’s not important, just make yourself comfortable in the living room, I’ll get your cousin and we’ll talk about this.” explained a nervous and embarrassed Dash, she then flies off to her bed to untie Fluttershy’s cousin from her bed.


“I’ve never been so ashamed of myself.” stated an embarrassed Fluttershy, finishing her story on how she blurted out her confession to Big Mac the day before to her best friend and cousin.

“Wait...Big Mac?” asked Joy Stick for confirmation. Fluttershy just nervously nods. “My cousin has the hots for my best bloke?” the stallions asks to nopony in particular, trying to process the information. Fluttershy nervously nods a second time. Joy Stick proceeds to talk to himself. “Why is that stallion called Big Mac anyhow? Is it to keep up the Apple tradition? No, he was a small lad in his childhood. Maybe he’s well endowed...”

“I doubt it, because you should see Braeburn’s, I’m surprised he doesn’t pass out from lack of blood flow to his brain with that thing.” mused Dash. Both Fluttershy and Joy Stick give her awkward looks. “Or so I heard...” she states sheepishly.

“Anyways...” stated Joy Stick, changing the subject. “I think you should go speak with Big Mac and set everything straight with him.” the stallion explains to his cousin.

“But what if Applejack finds out about this?” stated Fluttershy, concerned. “I don’t want to offend her or hurt her feelings.”

“She’s going to find out eventually.” chimed Dash. “I’m surprised she still doesn’t know that I once had a one-night stand with him.”

“Yeah, she still- wait...” Realization in 3... 2... “WHAT!?! When did that happen?!” Flailing his forehooves around in the air at the speed of light.

“Last year on Apple Cider day.” explained a blushing Rainbow Dash.

“Wait...who else amongst our friends have been with Big Mac despite Applejack's orders?” asked a curious Fluttershy.

“Rarity...don’t know about Twi or Pinkie though.” Dash answered.

Fluttershy is in complete shock, two of her friends went behind Applejack’s back and have been with Big Mac. “Uh...sorry to have bothered you...but this is something I must take care of, bye Dash, see you later Joy.” she then gives both her friend and her cousin quick hugs before flying out the front door.

Once Dash is sure Fluttershy is gone, she turns to Joy Stick. “Okay mister...mistress is now ordering you to get back on her bed...now march!” ordered Dash.

“Yes, my mistress.” agreed Joy Stick, playing along.


Cheerilee has always known that Big Mac has been with and rutted almost every single mare in Ponyville, he is the town’s most eligible bachelor. In fact, Cheerilee suspects that as long as its a mare, has a cutie mark and is not blood related to him, he’ll be glad start a relationship with said mare.

The purple mare then begins to remember the time that Big Mac and Carrot Top were together, despite the fact that Carrot Top was still in a relationship with Written Script.

Written Script went off to the Crystal Empire to sell his screenplay, leaving Carrot Top alone. It was very common for Written Script to be gone for weeks, sometimes months, at a time, and that started to annoy Carrot Top greatly, who started to feel that her needs were being ignored.

Big Mac always had a habit of being polite, and that usually meant that he would never turn down a mare in need. As long she’s not one of Applejack’s friends, he’ll will mostly likely say “Eeyup” to her. Although there has been rumors that he secretly had one night stands with both Rainbow Dash and Rarity behind his sister’s back.

In the end, Carrot Top began an affair with Big Mac, every time Written Script went away, and ended it without Written Script suspecting.

Luckily, Big Mac was also loyal and honest, once he started dating Cheerilee, he never ONCE been with another mare except her. But he went back to his old ways once they broke-up.

Cheerilee finally reaches her destination; Sugarcube Corner, to get a cake for the upcoming dinner with Big Mac. She enters the stores to find no one behind the counter, she just walks up to it and rings the bell that’s sitting on the counter.

“Be right there...just finishing building a marzipan house for the foals!” announced Pinkie Pie from the kitchen in a cheerful sing-song voice.

Luckily, Cheerilee didn’t have to wait long because a few seconds later, Pinkie just appears in front of her behind the counter. “So...the usual Miss Cheerilee?” cheerfully asked the pink mare.

“Not this time Pinkie...I’m looking for a romantic cake for this weekend and-”

“A romantic cake? Ooh this some super-duper news! Who’s the lucky stallion?” Pinkie excitedly asks, resting her face between her forelegs, fully listening. “Is it Colton?”

“No-”

“Davenport? High Score? Comet Tail? Time Turner? Colton?” Pinkie continues to ask.

“It’s Big Mac.” admitted Cheerilee, not in the mood to play games.

“BIG MAC?!” gasps the pinkie mare. “That’s so awesome! I knew you two will get back together again someday! You know what they say; ‘once you do Mac, you’ll always come back’.”

“Did you and Big Mac-?”

“Oh no...Applejack will burst a blood vessel if she finds out one of her super close friends has been rutting her big brother senseless behind her back. Although to be fair...I am pretty limber-”

“Can you please give me the cake?” interrupted Cheerilee, wanting to get this over with.

“Okie dokie Lokie! One sensual chocolate cake it is.” Pinkie takes the order and zooms off to the kitchen. A few seconds later, she comes out with the cake and gives it to Cheerilee. “And because it’s for Mackie, you can have it for free!”

“Uh...thanks Pinkie.” states Cheerilee, nervously taking the cake and walking out of the store.

“DON’T FORGET TO LIMBER UP!” yelled Pinkie just as the purple mare leaves the shop.


“Big Mac, where is ya going off to?” yelled Applejack from inside as Big Mac leaves the farm house, it is evening.

“Into town.” yelled Big Mac back. The stallion always goes into town to drink at a bar once a week with Joy Stick. He loves his family very much, but he needs a break from them every once in awhile to keep his sanity, especially his sister.

“Don’t come back until ah have great-gran’kids ya hear!” yelled Granny Smith.

Granny Smith always says that to him when he’s going into town for the night, although with all the mares he’s been with, it’s a miracle that he STILL didn't get a mare pregnant. Big Mac secretly believes that the only reason Granny is still alive is because she’s waiting for either him or his sister to have great-grandkids.

He leaves the farm and begins his walk towards Ponyville, thinking about his upcoming dinner with Cheerilee. After the whole ‘love potion’ incident, he thought he genuinely had feelings for the mare and they had a very loving and passionate relationship. But for some reason, the spark disappeared as he began to see her more as a friend than a lover.

Big Mac was so lost in his thoughts, he failed to notice a pony in front of him and they both bump into each other, falling to the ground.

“Oh...I’m sorry, I’m so sorry-EEP!” apologized a soft voice.

Big Mac gets up from the ground to see Fluttershy standing in front of him. The pegasus blushes from embarrassment and immediately gets ready to run away. “Wait! Don’t go!” yelled the stallion, stopping her in her tracks using only those words. “We need t’talk!”

“I-I know...” nervously mumbled Fluttershy, turning around to face the stallion.

“Is it true?” asked Big Mac, wanting confirmation.

“W-what?” mumbled the pegasus, confused and nervous.

“Whut ya said yesterday! Is it true that ya love me?” asked the stallion. The yellow pegasus is too nervous and shy to answer, she just blushes and begins to hide her face behind her mane.

“...”

“Well...do you?” asked the stallion more directly, he needs to know.

yes” softly mumbled Fluttershy, barely above a whisper.

“What?”

yes” still softly, but a little more louder.

“Come again”

Fluttershy, getting desperate just takes a deep breath and says it. “YES!” she yells with all her strength. “Yes! I do love you! Always had...but I was so nervous...and afraid of hurting Applejack’s feelins...that I tried my best to ignore the feelings I had for you...especially after you started dating Cheerilee.”

Big Mac just gives a satisfactory nod to what he just heard. “That all ah needed t’hear.” he begins to continue on his walk towards town. Fluttershy is shocked that he took the news so calmly.

“WAIT!” yelled Fluttershy to the stallion. “Do you have feelings for me?”

The stallions stops in his tracks and turns around to face her, unsure how to answer the question. So he decides to give the only answer he can think of. “Good night sugarcube.” he states, with a friendly smile on his face. He then goes back to his walk into town.

Fluttershy is unsure what to say as she watches Big Mac disappear into the distance. Suddenly, she gets an epiphany. “Did he just called me ‘sugarcube’?” she mumbles to herself. “Maybe there’s a chance!” she happily states, a big grin forming in her face as she begins her hover back to her cottage.

TO BE CONTINUED...

Author's Note:

The long awaited second chapter is here!

Thanks for all the views and faves! Who will he end up with? Find out...

Oh...and Joy Stick is Joy Stick's OC (obviously), he's Fluttershy's cousin and Rainbow Dash's lover.

So enjoy the chapter and don't forget to limber up!