• Published 30th Apr 2013
  • 3,236 Views, 98 Comments

Heartaches By The Number - ADRNEL



Big Mac is in the middle of a dilemma as both Fluttershy and Cheerilee fight for his affections.

  • ...
18
 98
 3,236

Number 5

“Ah yes, today is going to be a great day!” mused Caramel, as he happily trots along the path, enjoying the day. He then sees in the distance a cloud of dust heading towards him. “What the-?” As the dust cloud gets closer, he sees two mares, one a yellow pegasus, and the other a purple Earth pony are sprinting towards him, kicking up the dirt from the path.

“Two mares running towards me? Wow, this is going to be a great day!” stated a happy and hopeful Caramel to the sky. “Okay ladies, no need to compete, because you two can just tag team...” his voice trails off as a realizes that they’re not running towards him, they’re going to run through him. The stallion quickly dodges out of the way of the two mares, landing on a rose bush full of thorns.

Once the two mares are out of sight, Caramel sticks his head out of the bush. “No one’s horny for Caramel.” he states disappointed. “This is not going to be a great day.”


At Sweet Apple Acres, Applejack is in the barn getting several more baskets before heading off towards the fields. Once she walks out, she then sees a cloud of dust heading towards the farm.

“Ah don’t remember thar bein’ a dust storm planned fo’ this month.” stated a confused Applejack, as the cloud gets closer and closer. The orange mare then quickly sees that it is not a dust storm, but two mares sprinting, kicking up dirt. But not just any two mares, but Cheerilee and, to the orange mare’s shock and horror, Fluttershy.

The two mares quickly stop in their tracks in front of Applejack, both of them with serious looks on their faces.

“WHERE’S BIG MAC?” they both yell at Applejack.

Applejack is extremely confused. “What in tarnation is going on hyar?” she then turns to Fluttershy. “An’ why is ya so desperate in findin’ out whar mah brother is?”

“Because she’s horny for him!” blurted out Cheerilee, not letting Fluttershy answer.

“Whut?”

“Don’t listen to her AJ, she’s just making me look bad so she can have him to herself.” snapped Fluttershy, extremely jealous of Cheerilee.

“Ah’ve just gone cross-eyed.” stated a confused Applejack.

“So...WHERE’S MY STALLION?” they both yell in unison.

Applejack was then able to finally put the pieces together; they’re both in love with her brother. Both Fluttershy and Cheerilee are in love with her brother. Applejack then turns to Fluttershy again.

“Is it true that yer in love with mah brother?” asked the orange mare to the pegasus. Fluttershy just nervously nods. “Even though ah specifically fo’bade ya an’ mah friends from doin’ so?”

“That didn’t stop Dash and Rarity though.” mumbled Fluttershy.

“DASH AN’ RARITY HAVE BEEN WIF MAH BROTHER?!” Applejack exclaims in shock.

“Uh oh...” nervously mumbled Fluttershy, now realizing that she said too much.

“You heard that Applejack? Your five friends a secretly conspiring to rut your brother!” blurted Cheerilee. “They can not be trusted.”

Applejack’s body is slowly filling with rage, her own friends went against her word, her own brother went against his word. It is time for someone to pay. An idea the creeps up into her head as a mischievous smile forms on her face. “Okay ya two, calm down,” Applejack states getting in between the two. “mah brother is in town at th’ hardware store.”

“I know where it is!” exclaimed Cheerilee, before she sprints off into town. Fluttershy, tired from running, decides instead to fly, but Applejack grabs Fluttershy’s tail with her mouth.

“Whar is ya goin’ missy?” exclaimed the orange mare to her pegasus friend.

“I need to stop Mackie from making a big mistake!” explained Fluttershy, desperate. Trying to get herself free from Applejack’s grip

“Yer th’ one that’s makin’ a mistake!” exclaimed Applejack.

“What?” Fluttershy stop struggling as she turns to her friend, confused. Applejack lets her go.

“Thar’s a reason why ah forbade ya an’ our friends frum bein’ wif mah brother,” the orange mare explains. “ah doesn't want ya t'be th' next in a long line of mares that got their hearts broken by him.” she continues, feeling sorry for her pegasus friend.

Fluttershy can understand where Applejack is coming from, but she also can’t sit back and watch as the stallion she loves gets taken away from her. “I understand that you’re worried about me, but this is something that I can handle myself. I’m deeply in love with your brother and I just can’t stand back and see him end up in a relationship that he’ll regret.” explained the pegasus.

“Ah bet Cheerilee is thinkin’ th’ exact same thin’.” stated Applejack, rubbing the pegasus’ back in comfort. “But if he does break yer heart, don’t go cryin’ t’me.”

Fluttershy silently agrees, leaves the farm, and slowly makes his way into town.


Big Mac has just left the hardware store, carrying a saddlebag of new tools.

“Ooh!...Mackie! Wait up!” yelled an excited voice. Big Mac turns around to see Pinkie Pie trotting up towards him, carrying a pie.

“What can ah do fo’ ya Miss Pie?” politely asked the stallion.

“I made this new apple pie using some zap apples, and seeing as you like apple pie so much, I thought you’d be the perfect pony to taste test them!” excitedly explained the pink pony.

Pinkie Pie always insisted that Big Mac be the first one to try out all of her apple pie recipes, he doesn’t know why, but he just goes along with it, it’s free apple pie after all. Big Mac takes a slice and happily eats it.

“So Mackie, do you love the apple pie I made?” asked the pink pony.

Big Mac was about to answer before he suddenly gets the sensation that he’s experienced this situation before, like deja vu. “Eeyup.” answered the stallion with a smile. Why does it feel like he’s done this before?

“MACKIE!” yelled a new voice.

The stallion then sees Cheerilee happily trot up to him. “Ooh! Cheerilee! How was your date with Mackie? Did you limber up like I told you?” asked the pink pony with a smile on her face to Cheerilee. Big Mac just gives a stunned look when hearing that, that explains a lot actually.

“Do you mind leaving the two of us alone Pinkie?” asked the purple mare, not in the mood to deal with Pinkie’s craziness.

“Ookie dokie lokie!” saluted Pinkie before sprinting off. Cheerilee then turns to Big Mac.

“What is ya doin’ hyar?” asked Big Mac, confused, not expecting to see the mare so soon.

“Just wanted to tell you that last night was AMAZING and I was thinking that maybe we should get back together again.” explained Cheerilee, with a sultry look on her face.

“Ah don’t know.” stated the stallion unsure, he would gladly love to get back together with her, but there’s someone else that he has feelings for.

While Big Mac is focused on his thoughts, Cheerilee then sees Fluttershy walking towards them in the distance. “Oh no...not her!” she exclaims in her head. Thinking quickly, she grabs Big Mac’s head with her forelegs and deeply kisses the stallion, much to his shock.

The stallion gladly accepts the kiss, his eyes closed from enjoying it. Cheerilee’s eyes were open so she can see the shocked look on Fluttershy’s face.

Fluttershy saw the whole thing in front of her, Cheerilee’s eyes screaming “He’s mine, all mine, and you can’t have him!” at the yellow pegasus. The poor pegasus’ heart breaks as it seems as though Big Mac has made his decision, a single tear rolls down her cheek.

“I’m sorry Mac, I’m sorry that I wasn’t good enough for you...” mumbled the pegasus as she sadly flies back to her cottage, leaving Big Mac and Cheerilee alone.

Once Cheerilee is sure Fluttershy is out of sight, she breaks the kiss. Only to be met by the sight of a confused and guilty Big Mac. “Mackie? What’s wrong?” she asks, concerned.

“Ah’s sorry...” stated Big Mac with sadness. “...but ah cain’t.”

“Why not?” asked the mare, stunned.

“Ah’s tryin’ t’figger that out mahself.” explained the stallion, as he walks off back to the farm.

Cheerilee is completely shocked and hurt. “It’s about Fluttershy isn’t it?!” she spat, growing sadder by the second.

Big Mac stops dead in his tracks and turns around. “How-?”

“You yelled out her name last night...I pretended that I didn’t hear that because that’s how much I loved you!” she confesses, tears starting to roll down her cheeks.

“Last night-”

“Was a mistake!” interrupted Cheerilee, “Is that what you were going to say?” Big Mac didn’t say a word, he didn’t want to make the situation worse. “Then I guess the relationship we had was a mistake as well!” she exclaims, now crying tears of anger. “Why I guess being in a stable relationship really doesn’t compare to having one-night stands with random town sluts who want nothing but bragging rights about being rutted senseless by BIG MacIntosh! The stallion who would never turn you down!” the volume of the mare’s voice increasing.

“LADIES!” she announces to the passing crowd around them, getting all the attention of all the mares. “RAISE YOUR HOOF IF YOU HAVE BEEN RUTTED BY BIG MACINTOSH!” she orders, raising her own hoof.

About 75% of all the mares in the crowd do as told. Lyra, who was sitting on a nearby beach was about to raise her hoof, but a dirty look from Bon Bon, who did not raise her hoof, made her think otherwise.

“Rainbow Dash, put your bloody hoof down!” panicked Joy Stick.

“Mommy, what does ‘rut’ mean?” asked a small colt to his mother whom was raising her hoof.

“Carrot Top? When?” exclaimed a male voice. Big Mac and Cheerilee turn to see Written Script, tears of sadness in his eyes as he sees his marefriend raise her hoof.

“I’m sorry...but you’re gone on trips for months at a time...and I had needs.” sadly explained a guilty Carrot Top.

Soon, all the stallions, especially Written Script, along with half the mares, all give Big Mac dirty looks. “You see what happens when you try to please, everypony hates you more.” stated an angry Cheerilee. “And if I can’t have you...then no one will.”

Big Mac then nervously backs away as the crowd continues to give him dirty looks. Then once he’s sure he’s far away from them, quickly sprints back to the farm without looking back. Not only was his good standing in Ponyville ruined, but he never felt more guilty and humiliated in his life.

“Never again...” he mumbles to himself.


From an alleyway...Pinkie saw the whole the thing and felt sorry for Big Mac. “If only I wasn’t so afraid...this wouldn’t have happened Mackie.”

TO BE CONTINUED...

Author's Note:

Chapter 5 of 9!

Enjoy!