• Published 14th Mar 2013
  • 3,776 Views, 52 Comments

Cadance's Secret - Yukito



Cadance has a secret, involving a certain pink filly from Ponyville.

  • ...
16
 52
 3,776

Cadance's Secret

“Princess Cadance, thank you so much for your advice last week! My son and I are getting along much better now!”

“It’s no trouble at all. Really.”

It’s always the same.

“Princess Cadance, good evening, Your Highness! Is there anything that I can do for you?”

“No, no. I’m just taking a walk. And please, call me ‘Cadance’.”

“Of course, Your High- I mean, Lady Cadance. Whatever you wish.”

Ponies are always looking up to me, just because I’m a Princess. Ponies are always asking if they can do anything for, and are always admiring me for all of my hard work. My hard work which, truthfully, I only accomplish because of my Princesshood.

I don’t like it. I can’t stand it. I hate ponies putting me on such a high pedestal, kissing my hooves, and trying to win my affection. I’m tired of running this entire Empire, just because it’s in my blood. I’m tired of always having to impress aunt Celestia with all my hard work. I got straight As in school, just to earn praise from her.

And, I’m tired of coming every night to…

“Welcome home, sweetheart.” Him. My husband, Shining Armour. “How was everything?”

“Same as usual,” I answer with my usual cheery voice, before I lean in and kiss my beloved husband on the lips. “I’m still getting used to things, though.”

“Well, I’m sure you’ll get the hang of it soon. You’re a fast learner, after all.”

Only because I’m expected to be. Can you imagine a Princess who gets a B in school? Why, just think of the scandal! “Yes, well, I’m really tired right now, and just want to get some sleep.”

“Again?” he asks in a disappointed voice. Yes, Shining. Again. Your love is great, really, but I need a break every now and then. I need you to stop smothering me, for Celestia’s sake!

“Sorry, dear. I’ll make it up to you tomorrow.” Maybe. “As usual, please make sure that nopony interrupts me.”

“Why do you always want to sleep alone? Is there something you want to tell me, Cadie?”

Yes, a lot of things, actually. But I can’t say them. I can’t ever say what’s on my mind, because I’m a Princess! I’m only allowed to say things that make ponies see me as the lovely, kind pony that they want as their leader. This Royal blood of mine has shackled me to this life of being a goody-goody, never-do-bad Princess of Love!

And who’s ever heard of a Princess of Love telling her husband that she’s getting tired of his over-affectionate ways? Or telling her subjects to take a hike?

“I just want to rest, Shining. Please.”

As expected, he trusts me instantly. “Of course. Sorry, honey.” After one final kiss, he decides to go outside and meet some of his comrades at one of the Empire’s bars. I, on the other hoof, have plans of my own… and they don’t’ involve sleep.

As soon as he is out of the room, I trot on over to my Royal chambers, and lock them from the inside with my magic. I then approach my vanity, and look myself over in the mirror.

The first part of this transformation is always the hardest.

With a grunt, my horn lights up, soon followed by my entire body. I feel a slight pain throughout my body as it begins to change, but I’m used to it by this point. My legs start to grow shorter, along with my body. I also grow a little chubbier, but not at all ‘fat’.

My head becomes shorter, and more round, and I can see my mane receding before my eyes. I can also feel a draft on my legs, confirming that my tail has grown shorter, though not by as much as my mane.

A little re-colouring here and there, remove my Royal attire, put on this cheap little trinket from the corner shop… Perfect!

Now to head out and have some fun of my own…


I land in the quiet little town of Ponyville. This is the town that my sister-in-law Twilight Sparkle lives in, but there’s no need to worry about her. As good as she is at defining a pony’s true nature, she still isn’t able to see through disguises entirely. She can’t deduce a pony’s true identity, no matter how smart she is.

“Oh, right. Gotta hide my wings and horn.” And I do just that. A simple masking spell is all it takes. Nothing special for a Princess… Only, right now, I’m not a Princess. Well, not by the official definition.

It’s night-time in the Empire right now, but day-time in Ponyville. How that works, I have no clue. You’ll have to ask aunt Celestia or aunt Luna for the answer to that.

I move into the town of Ponyville, looking around for her. The first pony I was able to befriend in this form. The pony that I had been looking forward to seeing this whole week. And it doesn’t take me long to find her.

“Hey, Silver Spoon!” I call out, getting the grey filly’s attention. “What’cha up to?”

“Hi, DT. Not much, besides being so totally bored.”

“Yeah, same here.” And I know just how to alleviate some of this boredom. “Wanna go mess with the blank-flanks a bit?”

“Sure. Why not?”

“Any idea where they are right now?”

“Just follow the loser vibes.” We both laugh at that one. “But seriously, no clue. Let’s go check out their clubhouse, see if they’re there.”

“Good thinking.” I turn around to lead the way, and Silver Spoon follows me. Hmmm… maybe I should visit my ‘dad’ after this. He probably thinks I’m still in my room, sleeping the day away.

I’m so glad that Ponyville’s daytime coincides so nicely with the Empire’s night-time and early morning. When I married Shining Armour, I was afraid that I would have to give up this double life of mine, but then the Empire came along, and really saved my flank.

I bump into somepony as I’m walking, causing them to knock over their drink. “Hey, watch it!” I shout out, startling the pony, who I recognise as Lyra Heartstrings. “You could have spilled that in my beautiful mane!”

“Hey, you’re the one that bumped into me!”

Oh yes. I love this. I love being able to pick fights with ponies, and to have them actually respond, rather than back away, for fear of offending me further. I love it when ponies are willing to challenge me, and not just submit to my every whim.

“Now now, Lyra. Let’s not make a scene.” Oh, great. Her marefriend’s here to ruin my fun. “C’mon, let’s just go buy another drink.”

“But-”

“She’s just a child. Let it go.” The new mare, Bon Bon, turns to me. “And you should be more mindful of where you’re walking. And maybe show a little more respect towards ponies.”

A lecture. Nopony ever gives Cadance a lecture. Not since she graduated from school, and became a full-fledge Princess.

“What are you, my mum?” I ask disdainfully, earning a quick scowl from the mare, before she drags her now-fuming marefriend away.

Oh, how I love this form. And, it only gets better. Because there are three little fillies, somewhere in this town, just waiting for me to give them a hard time about their lack of Cutie Marks. If aunt Celestia ever found about this… I wonder what she’d do? Almost makes me want to get caught.

“Let’s go, Silver Spoon.” The filly nods, and follows me through the town once more.

Author's Note:

This little short spawned from some ideas I've seen floating around about Cadance being Diamond Tiara's mother.

I thought to myself, sarcastically: 'What if she isn't DT's mother... What if she's actually DT herself?'

... And then, this happened.

Comments ( 50 )

Diamond Tiara is the daughter. Calling it now.

Hey, you have some comma mistakes.
But I like them, they make it better.

2262987
...well I'll be damned:moustache:

One that involes a certain pink filly from Ponyville.

Involves. :pinkiehappy:

Now to read!

Looks not bad
We Approve

This is why I wish I could write well, so I could take some random idea that flies through my brain, and write it down for the whole world to see in 1,000 words or more with a Random tag. But alas, it was never meant to be. Or was it? Maybe, I just don't feel like trying.


This shall officially join the Head Canon Battalion between Applejack and Spitfire get all the mares and Photo Finish has an awesome family.

There is no words to describe the sheer awesomeness :rainbowkiss:!

What's this? Another from you?! sigh... commence read.

Hmmm... could work, except we've already seen DT's dad so the family tree doesn't work. Still a fun little concept piece.

So, basically, Cadance wants to act like Chrysalis did when she was imitating her, but acting out how Cadance really feels gave away that it wasn't Cadance.

...There's something deeply ironic about that.

*Snort* I figured it out from the title, but this is still masterfully executed. :twistnerd:

This was a great little read! Good job! :pinkiehappy:

this is an awesome story!:pinkiesmile:
I guess even princesses need some way to take out their anger
too bad it had to end so soon....

though I'm pretty sure for lunar and Celestia to both be cadence's aunts there would have to be another royal sister that Hasbro won't tell us about.....

I think the Princess of Love bullying innocent foals is terrible

My mind is full of wat!

And I love it!
Maybe! :derpytongue2:

Cadance, you became character I hate the most, now I must kill you.

Whelp, this is officially interesting. Cadance as DT? Very interesting...

This is really clever, and cute! But those "blank-flanks" were the flower girls at your wedding, Cadance!

To be honest... Surprised nobody brought up the similarity sooner. It's just this side of "2 Of Each Type In The Mane Six" for "Thing nobody brings up, so you think you're the only one who notices".

Interesting premise. I shall be favoriting this one.

I'll definetly have to give this a read later.:pinkiehappy:

WHAT A TWIST! I really like the expansion to Cadence's character. I'll be honest, I originally thought that this would have Cadence and Diamond...well...in a relationship. :unsuresweetie:

RED ANGEL SEAL OF APPROVAL

What an excellent idea! I love that ending too - this could have easily have stretched out into a massive project, but the ending gives a feeling of completion. I'm really impressed. Great job on this! :twilightsmile:

2263078 Could be related by adoption or something similar. I highly doubt that Filthy Rich is a heartless businessman who would turn down a filly in the rain... Who then tells a sob story about how her parents died.

The two have never interacted, and we've never seen Diamond Tiara at night. All that needs to be explained now is why she wanted a job as editor in chief of the school paper.

i can actually see the resemblance now

I'm not sure what I think about this. It's interesting for Cadence to have a dark side and to use lies and disguise to allow herself to express it. However, it rings a bit false that she chooses to do so by being mean to innocents. That pushes her towards the borderline between 'bored' and 'turning Dark'. I do understand what you say about her wanting to let loose sometimes (and, paradoxically, to have others unafraid to do the same to her). However, in this story she's chosen a dangerous and, frankly, unethical path to doing so.

You wonder what would Celestia think about this Cadence? Well, there's your aunt Luna's old place that she held for a thousand years. You might not be trying to wipe out all life on Equestria just yet, but being willing to reduce three foals to tears of emotional pain, you have started down the path to becoming a Nightmare and, if you don't turn back? Then... well, the Crusaders would be avenged by no less than the Celestial Sisters themselves.

Utterly Brilliant. I love this idea, it's hilarious.

I thought DT would be Cadence's daughter. i was wrong. DEAD WRONG.:twilightoops:

Wow... uhh. I dont know what to say.

A very funny concept.::pinkiesmile:
We all know that Diamond Tiara is the true princess of Equestriaobviously.

Cadence is really DT, that was not a twist I saw coming.
Well done you! :pinkiehappy:
I'd love to see more of this.

This bitch now is one royal level, but she is one bitch the equal form.:pinkiegasp:

NO Just NO
NO NO NO NO
There is no good reason for this and it is so annoying!!
Good writing bad concept

Well. That was something.

—Exodia, we're done here.

I can't imagine Filthy rich being Cadance's ex....

2435437
What? Having fun makes nightmare entities now? That's an interesting theory...

7172038
It's calling it 'fun' that makes it the act of a Nightmare.

7173179
So...she should be content with being worshipped all of the time?

7173582 There's a world of difference between "I'm gonna go somewhere ponies don't put me on a pedestal" and "I'm gonna kick back and relax with some nice satisfying bullying in an assumed form". One of those is Sunny Skies. The other is Nightmare Dominatrix.

The fact that Cadance is also neglecting her husband/lover in order to pick fights is even more illuminating. Priorities! Her priority here is getting jollies from making ponies angry at her and observing how honestly their anger is expressed. As opposed to, oh I don't know, having ponies express love to her. This is basically the most textbook case you can possibly get of a mind that is suffering from severe perversion. And that right there is a Nightmare by definition.

7727063
And here I thought that the comment notification signified something important...:pinkiesad2:

7728638 Nope, just someone being wrong on the internet. Business as usual!

7728638
Goddammit self. I'm disappointed in past me.

7729292
To be fair mthough, she's the Princess of love. It would only make sense for her to want to experience the opposite of love, seeing as how she's intrisnically connected to the concept of love.

Login or register to comment