• Published 14th Feb 2013
  • 2,851 Views, 24 Comments

The Strength of Sisters. - Night--Mist



Rainbow Dash is about to get the chance to prove to Scootaloo how close their new 'sisterly' bond is.

  • ...
5
 24
 2,851

The Conversation With The Parents.

There was about two days left before Rainbow Dash and Scootaloo would be able to leave the hospital. in that time, they had read all their get well soon cards, and surprisingly, Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon had each sent one, and even apologized for being such bullies to her. Scootaloo thought it might just be a hoax to drop her guard and would ask if her friends Apple Bloom and Sweetie Belle had been apologized to. They had just finished reading "Daring Do and the Horseshoe of Invisibility" and were about to read the next book when there was a knock at the door.

"Come in," Rainbow Dash said.

The door opened to reveal Nurse Red Heart. "Good morning you two, I am sorry to interrupt, but you have visitors."

"Who?" Scootaloo asked.

"Your parents, Swift Wing and Cloud Shimmer," Nurse Red Heart said.

"Oh, send them in," Rainbow Dash said.

"Yes ma'am," Nurse Red Heart said.

Soon, two pegasi came flying through the door. "Oh Scootaloo, I am so sorry we couldn't get here sooner," Cloud Shimmer said as she hugged her daughter tightly.

"Mom... it's okay... but... your squishing me... I can't... breath," Scootaloo said.

Cloud Shimmer lightened her grip and Scootaloo took a big gasp."I'm sorry, sweetie, but I was just so worried, I can't imagine what I would do if I lost you. You're the world to me Scootaloo, and I would give up my job if I could to spend time with you," Cloud Shimmer said.

"Mom, don't say that, you love your job, and where would we get our cloud shapes without you there to help?" Scootaloo asked.

"Oh Scoots. You always do have a way with words," Swift Wing said as he came in and did a quick group hug.

He soon pulled away and looked at Rainbow Dash. "And you," he said quickly.

Rainbow gulped, "Y-yes sir."

The next thing that happened surprised both her and Scootaloo. Swift Wing pulled Rainbow into a hug. Rainbow was at a loss for words and couldn't move a muscle. "Thank you for being there for our daughter," Swift Wing said.

"Yes, we don't know how we can ever thank you," Cloud Shimmer said.

"Hey, I'm not asking for a reward, I care about Scoots. The last thing I wanted to see was her getting really hurt, or worse," Rainbow Dash said.

"Yes, we have seen how much you care about our daughter. Just, don't try to replace her parents," Swift said.

"I wouldn't dream of it," Rainbow Dash said.

"We are so sorry for what happened. We have been talking it over with many nobles of trying to set up a defensive barrier between Ponyville and the Everfree Forest, granted, we'd have to protect Zecora's place too. The Captain of the Royal Guard thought highly of it, unfortunately, some stuck up nobles, *cough*Prince Blue Blood*cough*, will need some convincing, since they worry more about their own protection then anypony else," Swift said.

"That figures, I think I might be able to convince the Princesses though, they invited me to Canterlot once I am ready to travel, and if it's not too much to ask, I would like to take Scoots along," Rainbow Dash stated.

"That would be fine, in fact, I think we could join you, see why they were egar to summon you. I know, you think because I'm a guard I should already know, but that is not the case at this point. There was something else we wanted to talk to you about at this point," Swift said.

"Yes, we thought this might be the best time to ask, since we're usually busy and this is the best chance we have to put it out there," Cloud Shimmer said.

"What's up?" Rainbow Dash asked.

"Well, Cloud and I have been talking about this for a while. Even though we are really busy, we have noticed ever since your camping trip, the two of you have been sharing a pretty close relationship," Swift said.

"Yeah Scoots is like the little sis I never had," Rainbow Dash bragged.

"Yes, and it has had us thinking for a while," Swift said.

"Oh?" Rainbow inquired.

"Now we know you have a busy time ahead with the Wonderbolts and everything, and we even talked to them before we left and they are fine with this," Swift said.

"What are you getting at here?" Rainbow Asked, growing inpatient.

"Well, seeing how close you two are, we thought this may be the best course of action, and we have read about your history Rainbow. We know that this may sound like we're doing this only because of what happened recently, but I assure, you the thought has been on our minds for a while," Cloud said.

"Wait are you asking what I think you are asking?" Rainbow asked.

"Mom, Dad, are actually going to...?" Scootaloo asked before she went speechless, and was hoping that they were asking something about what she wanted more than anything.

"Yes, even though you're old enough to be on your own, we are wondering if you, Rainbow Dash, would like to become part of our family?" Cloud asked.

Author's Note:

Cliffhanger. End of Chapter three. I am so sorry I kept this on hold for so long. I will try to better myself to update all my stories, but it's really hard with work and everything. I do hope you enjoy reading this chapter and leave me some positive comments and constructive criticism. So Scootaloo's parents have been worried sick about both of them. Now they are asking if Rainbow wants to be part of the family? How will Rainbow Dash Respond to this? Only the next chapter will tell. Stay tuned, I'll update when I can.

Comments ( 12 )

yay loved it :scootangel:

Doesn't Rainbow Dash already have parents?

3562004
They sadly died when she was young, sorry.

The door opened to reveal Nurse Red Heart. "Good mourning you two,

JESUS SOMEONE DIED?

3564137:twilightoops: Oops, I'll fix that, thanks for catching it.:twilightblush:

3564137 Most likely, Night-Mist likes in the UK or Australia. Either that, or he used to and moved into another country, but the latter seems rather rare.

4653543 Actually, I lived in a small town in North Dakota most of my life, so my vocabulary sometimes gets a little mixed up.

4653840 Oh. Okay. Sorry about that.:twilightblush:

May you please make an update.:unsuresweetie:

Been a long time with this one but are you planning any more for it?

Moar please!

Login or register to comment